NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated rules, and some commentary on them

+9
Fred Moletrousers
SEXY MAMA
Beekeeper
veya_victaous
Clarkson
scrat
eddie
ALLAKAKA
Ben Reilly
13 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Updated rules, and some commentary on them - Page 6 Empty Updated rules, and some commentary on them

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

The updated rules are under "About NewsFix" at the top of the page. Here's a copy of them:

"NewsFix members include veterans of Shortnews.com and the defunct NewsHabit.net, along with a large influx of members who have found us through ForumMotion and other places.

As the name implies, NewsFix is a forum for the sharing and discussion of news.

It is not a place to carry out personal quarrels with other members, nor a place to discuss other forums, nor a place for posting hate speech against minority groups.

Thus, the first guideline is that a post should, in the spirit of a news forum, be of interest to anyone looking in the category in which it's placed. It follows that replies to such posts should be of potential interest to anyone looking in.

It is accepted that discussions will become heated and that insults will be swapped between members, but lines of common decency and propriety should not be crossed:

Posts that are obviously engineered to insult or provoke other members are not acceptable (action or discipline subject to moderator discretion).

Likewise, posts that are racist, homophobic or otherwise contain hate speech are unacceptable, and those who create such posts are subject to discipline including permanent banning.

Please feel free to PM one of our admins -- Ben_Reilly, Lurker, Caution, Veya_Victaous and Irn Bru-- if you need help. Otherwise, enjoy yourself!"

As of now, everyone is subject to administrator or moderator action if they don't follow these rules. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Just to throw out an example or two of what I'm talking about:

If you were to say, "I'm a Christian and I believe homosexuality is wrong and that gay marriage shouldn't be allowed, and that we must join together to stop the gay agenda," that is your opinion, stated civilly, and it would be allowed.

Resort to hate speech, however, and you could be disciplined.

Please simply ask yourself if you're behaving like a civilized person before you post in anger. I am guilty of doing that; we're all guilty of it, and nobody expects perfection.

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Updated rules, and some commentary on them - Page 6 Empty Re: Updated rules, and some commentary on them

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:25 pm

Puriel wrote:
Clarkson wrote:

Phil you are a nasty leech on society who delights n insulting others and then running to teacher. Ben is foolish enough to back you he will tire of you in the end unless he too is a militant bitter intolerant homosexual. In which case you are home and dry but it will be ultimately a very small left wing forum.

home & dry  , I thought   KY gel stopped that.

Adding to the 'majority of posts directed to/about Catman' tally i see!  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Updated rules, and some commentary on them - Page 6 Empty Re: Updated rules, and some commentary on them

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:35 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Off topic indeed as now I am a foreigner even though born to this land, that is the resolve of idiotic racists, who cannot themselves using their illogical views claim 100% descendant to Angles.
He just likes to start shit that one, all he can muster Ben  

Yeah, I'm apparently gay now -- wonder how my mom's going to take that? :D

Puriel is a Dirty Fuck

Last edited by veya_victaous on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Don't Insult Ben's mother. Please Fuck off.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Wow, that's being a bit hard on yourself Durham.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:47 pm

You know, I thought you'd be much kinder to gay people after posting this:

https://newsfix.niceboard.com/t872-news-i-could-well-do-without#3717

News i could well do without

Post by Puriel on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:30 pm

ive just found out my partner is HIV positive. this is bad news as our relationship has been rocky of late . we've been together for seven years and Jamal was the love of my life.

Mind you, you were calling yourself Didge at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:49 pm

Sassy wrote:You know, I thought you'd be much kinder to gay people after posting this:

ive just found out my partner is HIV positive. this is bad news as our relationship has been rocky of late . we've been together for seven years and Jamal was the love of my life.

HA!

He's busted!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:49 pm

Sassy wrote:You know, I thought you'd be much kinder to gay people after posting this:

What the hell are you playing at now?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:56 pm

Catman wrote:

HA!

He's busted!

Well after that post, it's seems very strange he has suddenly become homophobic. Anyone would think he was on a wind up.  Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:39 am

Sassy wrote:
Catman wrote:

HA!

He's busted!

Well after that post, it's seems very strange he has suddenly become homophobic.   Anyone would think he was on a wind up.  Shocked 

By who are you claiming me?

Proof that sassy is up to her old tricks again, why not ask Ben if this poster is me, as I came first here to disprove people claiming to be me by using usernames I had chosen

Sassy stirring the forum as per usual

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:00 am

PhilDidge wrote:
Sassy wrote:
Catman wrote:

HA!

He's busted!

Well after that post, it's seems very strange he has suddenly become homophobic.   Anyone would think he was on a wind up.  Shocked 

Proof that sassy is up to her old tricks again, why not ask Ben if this poster is me, as I came first here to disprove people claiming to be me by using usernames I had chosen

No, no, big misunderstanding. Puriel was posing as Didge at the time, you can see in the quotes from that thread:

Catman wrote:
Didge wrote:

Stick with it as all relationships go through rocky periods but if your relationship is strong enough love will win the day and you will find ways to get through Smile 

Seems Puriel's pulled some shenanigans here.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:11 am

Ahh I wondered which of you impersonated Phildidge??

Puriel mustn't have realised if you change your name it changes all your posts but not other peoples if they quoted you while you wrote that
 Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing 

Not at you Didge, as you have proven to be quite nice I assumed it was one of the assholes. but didn't know which one  :\\:[:
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:58 am

Hang on....didge IS Puriel? Is he not?
That was his name on Flap for a while. I assumed he'd been posting as one and then changed to the other?

Am I missing something here?  scratch 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:03 am

eddie wrote:Hang on....didge IS Puriel? Is he not?
That was his name on Flap for a while. I assumed he'd been posting as one and then changed to the other?

Someone has posted here before I joined also using Didge, but won't own up who they are Eddie.

They think they are being clever, I joined to prove the person claiming to be me was fake, they then stopped posting to then the name Puriel turning up also.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:06 am

PhilDidge wrote:
eddie wrote:Hang on....didge IS Puriel? Is he not?

Someone has posted here before I joined also using Didge, but won't own up who they are Eddie.

They think they are being clever, I joined to prove the person claiming to be me was fake, they then stopped posting to then the name Puriel turning up also.

Ah ok. When I tried to use the name Eddie I couldn't so I  joined as another ID then asked Ben to change it. Weird because he managed to change it and there's no other Eddie on the member list?

Why does sassy not understand what happened to you then?  scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:13 am

eddie wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Ah ok. When I tried to use the name Eddie I couldn't so I  joined as another ID then asked Ben to change it. Weird because he managed to change it and there's no other Eddie on the member list?

Because she stupidly thought it was me, not to bright is sassy, even Costa had to come in and say as much on this. Like I say the same poster has been trying to pull themselves off as me and poorly to say the least, you know more than any the kind that have tried this before Eddie, they think they are being smart and only end up looking idiots!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:28 am

@phildidge
so who is plurel  confused  confused  confused  confused 

Worse than bloody neighbours  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce   tongue
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:50 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

No, no, big misunderstanding. Puriel was posing as Didge at the time, you can see in the quotes from that thread:

Catman wrote:
Stick with it as all relationships go through rocky periods but if your relationship is strong enough love will win the day and you will find ways to get through Smile 

Seems Puriel's pulled some shenanigans here.

Exactly Ben, I remember this came up on SF as the name on the post originally was Didge. Obviously it was Puriel, he must have changed it to that at a later date and didn't realise all the posts he had made in Didge's name would change. I should think Phil/Cat is pleased this has been solved, because at the time Didge thought it might be Phil/Cat, and he got accused of it.

Not accusing you of anything Didge, pointing out the person who was pretending to be you, because you were quite cross at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:59 am

Can you change your own name on here?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:18 am

@Muffin
pretty sure you can under the profile tab.

I'm not sure it is wise but whatever, the site wasn't made with these petty games in mind
 Neutral  Neutral  Neutral  Neutral  Neutral
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:25 am

veya_victaous wrote:@Muffin

I'm not sure it is wise but whatever, the site wasn't made with these petty games in mind

I'm already confused by hamster/seaman staines/captain may.  Laughing 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:28 am

eddie wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

When I tried to join here as Tess it said the name already existed so I had to put a full stop after the name. I think it might mean that the name's registered under Forumotion, on another forum..

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:11 am

eddie wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

I changed my name in deference to you, Eddie...aren't I a kind, considerate person?
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
eddie wrote:

I changed my  name in deference to you, Eddie...aren't I a kind, considerate person?

Ah so you are the kindly culprit that stole my name and then returned it? Thanks lord Ed  cheers 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:07 pm

is this post from beekeeper the sort you want to see..

YOU still here, you obnoxious little turd !?!

directed at another poster...

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:24 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@Muffin

Not in this case, veya. You can generally take whatever name you want, unless someone has taken it previously. That is what happened to me--someone claimed 'Quill' before I came (I know who)--hence, I had to settle for Original Quill.

I have never been on flap, so to me didge is Phildidge here.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:15 pm

Ahhh...but Moley, It has the virtue of brevity....

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:48 pm

victorismyhero wrote:Ahhh...but Moley, It has the virtue of brevity....

That's certainly true, Victor. I have to confess that I was a little reluctant to "abbreviate" myself, though; Lord Edmund Moletrousers was a character in a children's play that I wrote years and years ago, so he's my copyright if nothing else!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:51 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:Ahhh...but Moley, It has the virtue of brevity....

That's certainly true, Victor. I have to confess that I was a little reluctant to "abbreviate" myself, though; Lord Edmund Moletrousers was a character in a children's play that I wrote years and years ago, so he's my copyright if nothing else!

...hope you won't sue me for still using your former name ? ::rfth:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6