NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shooting and stabbing at Westminster.

+12
The Devil, You Know
Fred Moletrousers
HoratioTarr
nicko
Original Quill
Raggamuffin
Victorismyhero
Miffs2
eddie
Tommy Monk
magica
Syl
16 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Shooting and stabbing at Westminster. Empty Shooting and stabbing at Westminster.

Post by Syl Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Up to 12 people reportedly injured or dead.

News is still breaking.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/22/man-shot-police-outside-parliament-officer-reportedly-shoots/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Shooting and stabbing at Westminster. Empty Re: Shooting and stabbing at Westminster.

Post by magica Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Omg going to look at news now
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Shooting and stabbing at Westminster. Empty Police officer stabbed at Westminster parliament - attacker shot by armed police

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:28 pm

A police officer has been stabbed in the Houses of Parliament in central London, Commons Leader David Lidington has said.
He told MPs the "alleged assailant was shot by armed police" following a "serious" incident.
Staff inside Parliament were told to stay inside their offices.
The BBC's Laura Kuenssberg said police told her someone had been shot and MPs said they heard "three or four gunshots".
Tom Peck, political editor for the Independent, tweeted: "There was a loud bang. Screams. Commotion. Then the sound of gunshots. Armed police everywhere."
Prime Minister Theresa May was seen being ushered into a silver Jaguar car as what sounded like gunfire rang out at Parliament during the incident.
A Downing Street source confirmed that Prime Minister Theresa May was "OK".
Scotland Yard said it was called to a firearms incident on Westminster Bridge amid reports of several people injured.
Transport for London said Westminster underground station has been shut at the police's request.
Mr Lidington said: "It seems that a police officer has been stabbed, that the alleged assailant was shot by armed police.
"An air ambulance is currently attending the scene to remove the casualties.
"There are also reports of further violent incidents in the vicinity of the Palace of Westminster but I hope colleagues on all sides will appreciate that it'd be wrong of me to go into further details until we have confirmation from the police and from the House security authorities about what is going on."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39355940
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Shooting and stabbing at Westminster. Empty Re: Shooting and stabbing at Westminster.

Post by magica Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:30 pm

It's on Westminster Bridge by the looks of it. Some people mown down and car on way to Parliament.

Sorted now, I think. More on this to be announced, when they know.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:31 pm

I just made a thread about this too... didn't see this one already made.

A police officer has been stabbed in the Houses of Parliament in central London, Commons Leader David Lidington has said.
He told MPs the "alleged assailant was shot by armed police" following a "serious" incident.
Staff inside Parliament were told to stay inside their offices.
The BBC's Laura Kuenssberg said police told her someone had been shot and MPs said they heard "three or four gunshots".
Tom Peck, political editor for the Independent, tweeted: "There was a loud bang. Screams. Commotion. Then the sound of gunshots. Armed police everywhere."
Prime Minister Theresa May was seen being ushered into a silver Jaguar car as what sounded like gunfire rang out at Parliament during the incident.
A Downing Street source confirmed that Prime Minister Theresa May was "OK".
Scotland Yard said it was called to a firearms incident on Westminster Bridge amid reports of several people injured.
Transport for London said Westminster underground station has been shut at the police's request.
Mr Lidington said: "It seems that a police officer has been stabbed, that the alleged assailant was shot by armed police.
"An air ambulance is currently attending the scene to remove the casualties.
"There are also reports of further violent incidents in the vicinity of the Palace of Westminster but I hope colleagues on all sides will appreciate that it'd be wrong of me to go into further details until we have confirmation from the police and from the House security authorities about what is going on."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39355940
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Tom Syl did put this up too. Hopefully it can be merged.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:41 pm

News saying man in car started running people over on Westminster Bridge while crossing from hospital side... then he crashed into parliament fence, jumped out with a knife and ran into parliament grounds...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:57 pm

Yes he's been shot, don't think he's dead. Police treating it as terrorist attack.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:59 pm

Witness says he saw bodies scattered along the pavement and one in the water...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Woman has died, ahh. Wonder if she was the one in the water. Terrible.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:17 pm

Topics merged.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:19 pm

Yes... one dead so far and others with 'catastrophic injurues' says hospital junior doctor...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:33 pm

Awful, some of the images emerging are really upsetting.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Looks like the bastard who did this is still alive...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Of course... 'nothing to do with islam'... I'm sure...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:55 pm

Damn, that means a trial. No doubt the "piggies" will be agitating for this "poor,mentally deficient, "freedom fighter" to be let off cos he's mentally unstable.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:57 pm

One ("terrorist") man is dead there is only speculation as to whether there's another.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:58 pm

Piggies ?????

I SAID luvvies damn auto correct
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:23 pm

The attacker was as Asian man according to witnesses.
Two confirmed dead and others with catastrophic injuries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/22/man-shot-police-outside-parliament-officer-reportedly-shoots/

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:32 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Damn, that means a trial. No doubt the "piggies" will be agitating for this "poor,mentally deficient, "freedom fighter" to be let off cos he's mentally unstable.

To be fair, he probably is. As terrorist attacks go, it was bound to fail straightaway really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Yeah BUT ......Freedom fighter he ain't, but you know how the luvvies like to spin things.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:37 pm

All someone needs to cause such chaos is a knife and a car.
Latest news is three policemen have been injured, one has since died from his injuries, 2 other people are dead. A woman was mowed down and ended up in the Thames, she has been rescued but is badly injured, along with others.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:47 pm

Yeah all they need is a car......And folks expect people to jump through hoops to possess a gun....Strikes me the same hoops should apply to vehicles..Including the onerous safe storage conditions
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Ironically it took a gun to stop him...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:21 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Yeah all they need is a car......And folks expect people to jump through hoops to possess a gun....Strikes me the same hoops should apply to vehicles..Including the onerous safe storage conditions

I didn't know you could drive a gun across Westminster Bridge.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:25 pm

Don't misunderstand me Tommy, I have no complaints about the strictness of our firearms laws, which I think are totally proportionate to the risk they pose. However, considering,no matter How you argue it , if you are driving a car you are effectively in charge of a 1 tonne guided missile. Moreover the risk to people in general from murderously inclined individuals with cars is now greater Thant the similar risk from gun owners in general. In fact the risk to the population in general from legitimate licenced gun owners is far far less than the risk from your neighbour in his car
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:Yeah all they need is a car......And folks expect people to jump through hoops to possess a gun....Strikes me the same hoops should apply to vehicles..Including the onerous safe storage conditions

Genuine question.....Is that reply

A) idiocy at work
Or
B) a pathetic attempt at reduction ad absurdum
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:35 pm

It's A and B Vic.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

A) idiocy at work
Or

You are seeming to set up an equivalency between the uses of a vehicle and the uses of a gun.  You say:

Victor wrote:In fact the risk to the population in general from legitimate licenced gun owners is far far less than the risk from your neighbour in his car

I would submit that the intended use of a car is to transport; the intended use of a gun is to kill.  So, in my own weilding of irony, I'm juxtaposing the use of a car and the use of a gun so as to show your equivalency is false.  

A firearm is in far greater need of licencing protection, because of its nefarious purpose.

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:50 pm

I'm not surprised this has happened.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:03 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:I'm not surprised this has happened.

Odd we were talking of terrorist attacks earlier today.

I don't think anyone can be surprised, and the police say they are always on the alert, the problem is anyone can cause mayhem like this anytime, all they need is a car or a knife...sometimes not even that.
The police can react quickly, and they did, but no one can foresee attacks like this, whether they be organised or just some lone nutter intent on causing destruction .
Four people are now dead...the policeman, the terrorist and two members of the public.

Last edited by Syl on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:09 pm

Oh well, I suppose we'll never know the motive now if he's dead.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh well, I suppose we'll never know the motive now if he's dead.

His home, workplace, friends, family, past will all be under scrutiny, just because he is dead (and good riddance) that's not the end of it.
A policeman was murdered in the line of duty, I doubt any stone will be left unturned.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:21 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Oh well, I suppose we'll never know the motive now if he's dead.

His home, workplace, friends, family, past  will all be under scrutiny, just because he is dead (and good riddance) that's not the end of it.
A policeman was murdered in the line of duty, I doubt any stone will be left unturned.

Nor should it be. This is like Lee Rigby, mow them down then go for the attack. Except there are more people involved,not one man alone.

Glad he's dead, one less to worry about.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

A) idiocy at work
Or

You are seeming to set up an equivalency between the uses of a vehicle and the uses of a gun.  You say:

Victor wrote:In fact the risk to the population in general from legitimate licenced gun owners is far far less than the risk from your neighbour in his car

I would submit that the intended use of a car is to transport; the intended use of a gun is to kill.  So, in my own weilding of irony, I'm juxtaposing the use of a car and the use of a gun so as to show your equivalency is false.  

A firearm is in far greater need of licencing protection, because of its nefarious purpose.

the intended use v's actual use is a red herring....

clearly, on an increasing basis vehicles are being used for "nefarious purposes" making their actual use as much a menace as the guns intended use.

AND I would ask you........... IN THE UK.....which is the biggest killer/maimer....guns or vehicles?????

give the USA's diference of experience with guns to ours quill, you had best bow out gracefully....

I am talking within the bounds of a heavily regulated gun ownership ..whos regulations I have NO problems with....indeed it can have its advantages...my certificate immediately marks me out as an honest trustworthy and upright citizen (otherwise I woudnt have it).

both vehicles and guhns are inert lumps of metal...with no beef in our affairs......their eventual use as an item of transport/sport/lunch provider OR killer of humans is patently down to the intent of the nut behind the butt or wheel as appropriate.....
Therefor we need to control the "nut" and this is done quite successfully over here in the case of guns by our strict firearms legislation.....the same applied to vehicles would do little harm and improve the road safety statistics no end.

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:46 pm

I was in London visiting the Royal Chelsea Hospital when it happened...far enough away not to be caught up in it, but too bloody close for comfort.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:48 pm

Glad you were safe out of it Moley.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:44 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:I'm not surprised this has happened.

Same - it was only a matter of time . And an islamic hate preacher once again .

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:45 pm

Call me cynical but........

Shooting and stabbing at Westminster. C7jl2z10
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Yeah BUT ......Freedom fighter he ain't, but you know how the luvvies like to spin things.
I am sure he committed this act of freedom because he felt under represented on TV.

just like all those eskimo terrorist attacks we hear about.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Ironically it took a gun to stop him...

and had more police been armed one policeman might be alive today
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

A) idiocy at work
Or

yes killing as an olympic sport sounds very good to watch.
A gun is a tool, what is done with it depends on the person using it. I would say a gun is more for defence from those that would like to kill you.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:06 pm

Syl wrote:

His home, workplace, friends, family, past  will all be under scrutiny, just because he is dead (and good riddance) that's not the end of it.
they will all come out with the line he was a good man with no indication of radicalisation, which in my view is far more scary than if they said he was a raving lunatic jihadi.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:06 pm

I wonder how many MPs are now reconsidering their usual pc denialist waffle that they so regularly peddle out after Islamist terrorist attacks... and are waking up to the reality of the threat posed, now this attack has burst their little bubble...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:16 pm

sadly it turns out it was not this front bottom who got shot dead as channel 4 claimed
Shooting and stabbing at Westminster. C7i3JO_XwAAZqAk

although there is a bit of a resemblance
Shooting and stabbing at Westminster. C7iaWb9XgAMoCNT
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:18 pm

No doubt the man wrongly named (scum) will be suing for defamation of character now. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:02 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

yes killing as an olympic sport sounds very good to watch.
A gun is a tool, what is done with it depends on the person using it. I would say a gun is more for defence from those that would like to kill you.

Oh really? So you've got other uses for it than to kill? You drive it over Westminster Bridge then...

Shooting and stabbing at Westminster. Z4wamZi

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:41 am

I hope all our British Posters are 0K

it ls terrible the things Hill Shepherds Do
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:51 am

veya_victaous wrote:I hope all our British Posters are 0K

No Veya
Terrible things people do to people.

And do you know what else? If you can't make a comment about an atrocity like this without tagging a nasty little aside in as well, then you truly are an utter disgrace and a complete cock.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:59 am

Miffs2 wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:I hope all our British Posters are 0K

No Veya
Terrible things people do to people.

And do you know what else? If you can't make a comment about an atrocity like this without tagging a nasty little aside in as well, then you truly are an utter disgrace and a complete cock.

no. he is a hill Shepherd that thinks he IS defending his tribe
people that think they 'need' to defend their tribe are the problem

Simple as that . people that understand people are people Don't do things like this
normal people don't think it is okay to hate other people merely for Race or Religion

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next