NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you use public transport?

+11
eddie
Miffs2
JulesV
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
HoratioTarr
magica
Tommy Monk
Major
Syl
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you use public transport? - Page 2 Empty Do you use public transport?

Post by Syl Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

I only ask because last night, for the first time in many years, we decided to get a bus into Manchester rather than drive or get a taxi.
We looked the bus times up (one an hour after rush hours) and arrived at the bus stop 10 minutes early just to be on the safe side.
After 15 minutes (and it was freezing cold by the way) the bus arrived, and kept on going....even though the driver saw us flagging him he didn't bother to stop.
We had to ring a cab in order to get where we were going.

It makes me laugh when people are told to leave the car at home and use public transport.....we wont bother in future.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Do you use public transport? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you use public transport?

Post by Syl Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:50 pm

eddie wrote:True words Syl. You get wiser by the day I reckon. Cool

I think the 3 large prosecco's I have just had out (took grandkids for a meal) helps . Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:51 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:True words Syl. You get wiser by the day I reckon. Cool

I think the 3 large prosecco's I have just had out (took grandkids for a meal) helps . Razz

Yeah it's true that alcohol makes you cleverer. And better looking Laughing
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:54 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yeah it's true that alcohol makes you cleverer.  And better looking Laughing

Ahhh...the old beer goggles, I thought that just worked on other people though....never fell into that trap but I know plenty have, you go home with Adonis or Angelina Jolie, and wake up with Wurzel Gumich or Katy Hopkins....eeew.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:11 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Ahhh...the old beer goggles, I thought that just worked on other people though....never fell into that trap but I know plenty have, you go home with Adonis or Angelina Jolie, and wake up with Wurzel Gumich or Katy Hopkins....eeew.

Hahahahahahahaha that has never really happened to me I have to say....
I'd be more inclined to think "Well you sounded clever last night...."
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:25 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Hahahahahahahaha that has never really happened to me I have to say....
I'd be more inclined to think "Well you sounded clever last night...."

I have never had a one night stand in my life, but I know people who have and regretted it the next day. pale
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:41 pm

I'm not into one night stands. A person has to grow on me and I like a good brain and a good sense of humour and a certain je ne sais quois.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:44 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

You speak for yourself. After half a dozen pints of Old Gruntfuttock's XXXX I become as thick as two planks and as appealing as Quasimodo...a far cry, naturally, from my normally intelligent, suave, elegant and handsome self.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:45 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

You speak for yourself. After half a dozen pints of Old Gruntfuttock's XXXX I become as thick as two planks and as appealing as Quasimodo...a far cry, naturally, from my normally intelligent, suave, elegant and handsome self.

But of course Lord Ed Cool

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:37 pm

One night stands are extremely dangerous. Regret often turns into revision, guilt into denial. And of course, if she was drinking...it's rape anyway.

And that's just from the male perspective.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:One night stands are extremely dangerous.  Regret often turns into revision, guilt into denial.  And of course, if she was drinking...it's rape anyway.

That does happen...but then men who take advantage of a girl who is too drunk to consent happens too, which IS rape.....that's from the womans perspective
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:01 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:One night stands are extremely dangerous.  Regret often turns into revision, guilt into denial.  And of course, if she was drinking...it's rape anyway.

That does happen...but then  men who take advantage of a girl who is too drunk to consent happens too, which IS rape.....that's from the womans perspective

I don't disagree...and I did say my note was from the male perspective only.

Anytime that casual one-night stands comes up, as a lawyer, I want to point out how dangerous they are. And I don't mean just pregnancy, usually the only thing people think of beforehand.

There are massive legal consequences and a lot of trouble when you know the person. When you don't know them, there are in addition issues of trust, interpretation, and lack of common understanding to deal with. People who hang out with professional or student athletes, and heap on them great praise and adulation, risk creating the atmosphere of consent, where no consent is actually given. There's a reason why the old people caution you to get to know the person.

Incidentally, men can get too drunk too...and yes, men can be raped as well. There is a law against drinking and driving; there ought to be one against drinking and fooking as well.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

That does happen...but then  men who take advantage of a girl who is too drunk to consent happens too, which IS rape.....that's from the womans perspective

I don't disagree...and I did say my note was from the male perspective only.

Anytime that casual one-night stands comes up, as a lawyer, I want to point out how dangerous they are.  And I don't mean just pregnancy, usually the only thing people think of beforehand.

There are massive legal consequences and a lot of trouble when you know the person.  When  you don't know them, there are in addition issues of trust, interpretation, and lack of common understanding to deal with.  People who hang out with professional or student athletes, and heap on them great praise and adulation, risk creating the atmosphere of consent, where no consent is actually given.  There's a reason why the old people caution you to get to know the person.

Incidentally, men can get too drunk too...and yes, men can be raped as well.  There is a law against drinking and driving; there ought to be one against drinking and fooking as well.

Laughing

I did agree with your original comment, I was just evening out the debate. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2