NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you use public transport?

+11
eddie
Miffs2
JulesV
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
HoratioTarr
magica
Tommy Monk
Major
Syl
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you use public transport? Empty Do you use public transport?

Post by Syl Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:16 pm

I only ask because last night, for the first time in many years, we decided to get a bus into Manchester rather than drive or get a taxi.
We looked the bus times up (one an hour after rush hours) and arrived at the bus stop 10 minutes early just to be on the safe side.
After 15 minutes (and it was freezing cold by the way) the bus arrived, and kept on going....even though the driver saw us flagging him he didn't bother to stop.
We had to ring a cab in order to get where we were going.

It makes me laugh when people are told to leave the car at home and use public transport.....we wont bother in future.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Do you use public transport? Empty Re: Do you use public transport?

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:37 pm

As I don't drive, due to an eye problem which means I can't judge distances on my left side, I use buses when OH can't drive me and never have a problem.

I note the balless one is driving around trying to miss Ben's question

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:09 pm

I only use public transport when I have to... I find it a bit too public for me...!

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:30 pm

I use trains if its in London, cant get parked there. Also abus rarely, as I prefer to drive.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:23 pm

Major wrote:Taz been well over 50 years since I have been on a Queens Highway bus.
They were mainly Daimler buses in Coventry with engines in the front and open rear platform with a pole to hold on.

Lol...I remember those buses, they were brilliant for jumping off and on, the pole saved many a nasty fall. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:27 pm

sassy wrote:As I don't drive, due to an eye problem which means I can't judge distances on my left side, I use buses when OH can't drive me and never have a problem.

I used to use them often in the daytime, rather than driving to town I can catch a bus 2 minutes away and it goes straight into Piccadilly so it was really convenient.....obviously the service has gone down since I used them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:29 pm

magica wrote:I use trains if its in London, cant get parked there.  Also abus rarely, as I prefer to drive.

I don't enjoy driving now, since OH retired he drives everywhere.

Manchester at this time of year is a nightmare to park at night time Mags....that's why we chose bus, well tried to. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:45 pm

Never. I'd rather put needles in my eyes.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:47 pm

If I had caught up with that bus driver I would have felt like putting needles in his eyes. Twisted Evil
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:33 pm

I don't think one bad experience should turn you off public transportation entirely. That said, I've never had a bad experience on public transportation, which I use as often as feasible.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:36 pm

It's probably because it was the first time in years we have tried using a bus at night....waiting in the freezing cold for 15 minutes, then it sails right past.

It hardly makes people want to use the buses, as the local councils keep trying to persuade us to do.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:37 pm

Syl wrote:It's probably because it was the first time in years we have tried using a bus at night....waiting in the freezing cold for 15 minutes, then it sails right past.

It hardly makes people want to use the buses, as the local councils keep trying to persuade us to do.

Don't judge the driver too harshly; he/she was probably just absorbed in a game of Super Mario Run Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:It's probably because it was the first time in years we have tried using a bus at night....waiting in the freezing cold for 15 minutes, then it sails right past.

Don't judge the driver too harshly; he/she was probably just absorbed in a game of Super Mario Run Smile

HE had other passengers on the bus....so hopefully not.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:39 pm

As the chairman for our local Transit Commission (here goes another 18-page thread), I have been involved in transit issues for over 16-years.  Since buses are quasi-emergency vehicles, one should never pass by a waiting passengers.  If he does, a phone call should yield a supervisor in a company vehicle to pick you up and take you to your destination (or overtake the bus, which may be worse for the driver).  If they do not, you don't really have a real transit company.

Buses are for the very rich and the relatively poor.  The rest drive 6-year old Toyota's with a broken rear-view mirror.  In Manhattan, one is usually rich and never takes a vehicle (you rent for out-of-town trips)...you take the subway or the bus.  Likewise, the poor.

Smaller cities conform to the pattern of two cars in the garage, and class differences are marked by a Mercedes or a Ford.  It is one of the inane indulgences engaged in.  YOU DON'T NEED A CAR.  Cars, like stores or hotels, you can obtain on a temporary basis: buses, cabs, light rail (subways), rental, or ride-shares.  I live in the 9-county Bay Area, with 9 courts to get to (on-time!), and I can get to any and all of them in a timely manner via transit.

There are only two cities in the US that I have had difficulty getting from place to place by transit: Los Angeles and Dallas.  These two cities are pedestrian hostile, and circumstances insist you rent a vehicle if you don't have one of your own.

In Europe, you are crazy to rent a car.  Not only will you have trouble parking, with traffic, and all those hassles.  But a weekly/monthly transit pass usually buys admission to the features of the city: Eiffel Tower, Lisbon Elevator, some London museums, Rio Tram, Paris or Quebec Funiculars, etc.

Besides, having a car is sooo...well, um, American.

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:41 pm

I use buses and trains. I have a car so I drive as well, but there are limitations re parking. You have to set off really early if you want to get parked anywhere.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:09 pm

Syl wrote:I only ask because last night, for the first time in many years, we decided to get a bus into Manchester rather than drive or get a taxi.
We looked the bus times up (one an hour after rush hours) and arrived at the bus stop 10 minutes early just to be on the safe side.
After 15 minutes (and it was freezing cold by the way) the bus arrived, and kept on going....even though the driver saw us flagging him he didn't bother to stop.
We had to ring a cab in order to get where we were going.

It makes me laugh when people are told to leave the car at home and use public transport.....we wont bother in future.

I use trains a lot. They are fine, lots of elbow room and leg room and luggage space. The fares keep shooting up relentlessly but that's another story.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:11 pm

Was the bus full when it ignored you? If it was, he won't stop just to tell you it's too full, he'd drive straight past.
I can't think why else a driver would ignore anyone. Strange.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:17 pm

Syl wrote:
sassy wrote:As I don't drive, due to an eye problem which means I can't judge distances on my left side, I use buses when OH can't drive me and never have a problem.

I used to use them often in the daytime, rather than driving to town I can catch a bus  2 minutes away and it goes straight into Piccadilly so it was really convenient.....obviously the service has gone down since I used them.

If I go to Manchester I go on the train. Our office is literally 1min from Piccadilly and it is a swine to drive to. Never use the bus, I hate them. I'm so grateful I drive, it's wonderful to go where you want when you want and not ha to be beholden to others
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:20 pm

Jules wrote:Was the bus full when it ignored you? If it was, he won't stop just to tell you it's too full, he'd drive straight past.

No it wasn't full Jules...it whizzed past but we saw there were a few people on board.
I have no idea why he didn't stop....he was 5 minutes late  (according to the time table) so the only thing I can think of is he was making up lost time by not stopping.
He must have known that the next bus doesn't come for another 60 minutes....and he definitely saw us.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:22 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Syl wrote:

I used to use them often in the daytime, rather than driving to town I can catch a bus  2 minutes away and it goes straight into Piccadilly so it was really convenient.....obviously the service has gone down since I used them.

If I go to Manchester I go on the train. Our office is literally 1min from Piccadilly and it is a swine to drive to. Never use the bus, I hate them. I'm so grateful I drive, it's wonderful to go where you want when you want and not ha to be beholden to others

My son uses the train all the time if he isn't driving Miffs....he hates buses too.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:26 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:Was the bus full when it ignored you? If it was, he won't stop just to tell you it's too full, he'd drive straight past.

No it wasn't full Jules...it whizzed past but we saw there were a few people on board.
I have no idea why he didn't stop....he was 5 minutes late  (according to the time table) so the only thing I can think of is he was making up lost time by not stopping.
He must have known that the next bus doesn't come for another 60 minutes....and he definitely saw us.

Buses don't make up for lost time by missing passengers. What is the point? Schedules are a secondary consideration. You are in the business of moving people; if you don't like your job, get into another business.

There's an old slogan in the transit industry: There's million reasons why you might be late, but there's no excuse for being early. Being late is acceptable; being early is the unforgivable sin.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:28 pm

Syl wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

My son uses the train all the time if he isn't driving Miffs....he hates buses too.

Sensible bloke
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:31 pm

We have people here in Dallas-Fort Worth who will spend over $50 for a taxi to get to DFW International (which has banned Uber). I found out that by taking the train along with a shuttle, you can get there for $6. Now it's the only way I'll travel to or from the airport.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:32 pm

Syl wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

We, too, have trains and we have ferries to get to various points on the Bay. Really, they are great rides, and you can purchase drinks in the lounge.  I don't care what kind of transit one uses, just as long as it gets cars off the road.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:51 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:We have people here in Dallas-Fort Worth who will spend over $50 for a taxi to get to DFW International (which has banned Uber). I found out that by taking the train along with a shuttle, you can get there for $6. Now it's the only way I'll travel to or from the airport.

Well we ended up paying just short of £50 on cab fares last nigh......we had to get a taxi there and one back.

We saw Sweet Charity at the theatre though....Fabulous...so it was worth it in the long run.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:56 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:We have people here in Dallas-Fort Worth who will spend over $50 for a taxi to get to DFW International (which has banned Uber). I found out that by taking the train along with a shuttle, you can get there for $6. Now it's the only way I'll travel to or from the airport.

Why did they ban Uber?
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:58 pm

Miffs2 wrote:

Why did they ban Uber?

For all the reasons that every county, everywhere wants them banned.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:06 pm

eddie wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

Why did they ban Uber?

For all the reasons that every county, everywhere wants them banned.

They are expanding rapidly here
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:08 pm

Wait until Liverpool PH cabbies get put out of work....
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:As the chairman for our local Transit Commission (here goes another 18-page thread), I have been involved in transit issues for over 16-years.  Since buses are quasi-emergency vehicles, one should never pass by a waiting passengers.  If he does, a phone call should yield a supervisor in a company vehicle to pick you up and take you to your destination (or overtake the bus, which may be worse for the driver).  If they do not, you don't really have a real transit company.

Buses are for the very rich and the relatively poor.  The rest drive 6-year old Toyota's with a broken rear-view mirror.  In Manhattan, one is usually rich and never takes a vehicle (you rent for out-of-town trips)...you take the subway or the bus.  Likewise, the poor.

Smaller cities conform to the pattern of two cars in the garage, and class differences are marked by a Mercedes or a Ford.  It is one of the inane indulgences engaged in.  YOU DON'T NEED A CAR.  Cars, like stores or hotels, you can obtain on a temporary basis: buses, cabs, light rail (subways), rental, or ride-shares.  I live in the 9-county Bay Area, with 9 courts to get to (on-time!), and I can get to any and all of them in a timely manner via transit.

There are only two cities in the US that I have had difficulty getting from place to place by transit: Los Angeles and Dallas.  These two cities are pedestrian hostile, and circumstances insist you rent a vehicle if you don't have one of your own.

In Europe, you are crazy to rent a car.  Not only will you have trouble parking, with traffic, and all those hassles.  But a weekly/monthly transit pass usually buys admission to the features of the city: Eiffel Tower, Lisbon Elevator, some London museums, Rio Tram, Paris or Quebec Funiculars, etc.

Besides, having a car is sooo...well, um, American.

I wish someone would tell everyone I know, who seems to have one for each member of the family. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:14 pm

busses round here are ...well not to put too fine a point on it....pointless...they NEVER seem to go where I WANT to go...and just try carrying 24 8 foot lengths of 2x4 home on the bus.... Rolling Eyes

or even a taxi....

and try travelling on a bus with a shotgun....even in a gun slip...folks would dissolve into screaming abdabs
god knows what they would recon if I got on wearing the viper vest resplendant with 12g ammo in all the loops, bloody great knife in it sheath hanging there,

I'd have the ruddy swat squad after me.......even though It would be absolutely legit and lawful so to do....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:22 pm

it is my last day commuting by train, it wont be option when I move
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:44 am

Do you use public transport? 3738099605

I WILL use public transport when it's more convenient and practical...

The best example is down in and around Sydney and Melbourne, where traffic congestion and parking is a nightmare..

Another good option for public transport, is where train or bus travel can be a good, maybe even better, choice for getting to some holiday destinations..

Here in Australia, though, once you get away from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, "public transport" is either completely fucked, or non-existent all together..        Do you use public transport? 3758365944

As in regional parts of Russia, Canada, Brazil and the US',  distances are the common enemy once you get away from the municipal areas..

Anyone who thinks they have experienced "poor" public transport services really should visit the Lower Hunter --  where often it can be quicker to walk, then have to wait and then often change buses and/or trains..
Do you use public transport? 4251754078
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:36 am

Lord Foul wrote:busses round here are ...well not to put too fine a point on it....pointless...they NEVER seem to go where I WANT to go...and just try carrying 24 8 foot lengths of 2x4 home on the bus.... Rolling Eyes

or even a taxi....

and try travelling on a bus with a shotgun....even in a gun slip...folks would dissolve into screaming abdabs
god knows what they would recon if I got on wearing the viper vest resplendant with 12g ammo in all the loops, bloody great knife in it sheath hanging there,

I'd have the ruddy swat squad after me.......even though It would be absolutely legit and lawful so to do....

Well, those are objectionable kinds of thing on any mode of transportation, except a personal vehicle. If 8' 2 x 4's or guns and ammo are what you need, you've got to make an exception. But you knew that before you started.

The objection is directed at the many, many automobile trips that put a 105-pound mother in a 4,000 lb. vehicle, just to purchase some fruit salad for a weight-reducing family. It's absurd.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:14 am

The Canadian National Rocky Mountineer is one of the most beautiful trips in the Americas.  The Canadian National runs from Halifax to Vancouver.  It was put together in 1868 by the British government in order to induce the western provinces to join in the Canadian union.

Westerners have little interest in the east coast of the Americas...a point that Quebec ought to consider whenever they get in one of their Quebecois separatist moods.  All of us out here would like to leave the parts east behind.  There is nothing going for us back there, except supporting southern poor states. All trouble and nothing to gain.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:53 pm

I've taken a ship to Russia and a plane to Spain in recent years. Couldn't afford to go private and my arms are not equipped for long distance swimming or intense flapping.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:19 pm

I got on a buds today, run by a private company. Most of the drivers are either Polish or Russian.
They are all rude and pretty abusive - see it happen every single time I've used this particular bus company.

I reported the guy today. He started actually cussing me in his language in friont of my daughter and other children.

And no, I'm not being "racist" Rolling Eyes they're all rude drivers, every single one I've come across.

The reason I was attacked? I was defending an old man who was shouted at because the driver was annoyed the man couldn't hear properly. It got my back up so I defended the old man.
It was the old man's first time out to shop since his wife of 60 years had died. I'm glad I was there to defend him and I hope the nasty fucker bus driver is sacked.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:58 pm

eddie wrote:I got on a buds today, run by a private company. Most of the drivers are either Polish or Russian.
They are all rude and pretty abusive - see it happen every single time I've used this particular bus company.

I reported the guy today. He started actually cussing me in his language in friont of my daughter and other children.

And no, I'm not being "racist" Rolling Eyes  they're all rude drivers, every single one I've come across.

The reason I was attacked? I was defending an old man who was shouted at because the driver was annoyed the man couldn't hear properly. It got my back up so I defended the old man.
It was the old man's first time out to shop since his wife of 60 years had died. I'm glad I was there to defend him and I hope the nasty fucker bus driver is sacked.

Good on ya, mate, for standing up for the old man. And I know, as a matter of national character, the farther east you go in Europe the more contentious the personality is. I lived in Greece and never saw so many arguments in my life.

On the whole, we have a bunch of good drivers, trainmen and ferry pilots. Around this time of year, they come to our Christmas parties and party down with the rest of us. Some bring their families. The Golden Gate Bridge Highway and Transit District is a big organization, but it breaks down into the North Bay communities rather well.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:03 pm

I do understand that some cultures are more abrupt should we say, - and it's unintentional mostly, as it's just their way - but these drivers are simply horrible!

Greek people are so warm and cuddly!!? I've never had a problem with any Greeks before and none when I visited Greece twice, either.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:15 pm

eddie wrote:I do understand that some cultures are more abrupt should we say, - and it's unintentional mostly, as it's just their way - but these drivers are simply horrible!

Greek people are so warm and cuddly!!? I've never had a problem with any Greeks before and none when I visited Greece twice, either.

I love them too.  But Mediterranean people have hot blood, and the temperament builds the farther east you go.  Remember Didge, he was Maltese....I could hear him, understand his temperament, yet still...he did offend a lot of people.  

Yes, I understand...but just can totally see how Russians or Slavs would make difficult people-persons, as a bus driver would require.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:I do understand that some cultures are more abrupt should we say, - and it's unintentional mostly, as it's just their way - but these drivers are simply horrible!

I love them too.  But Mediterranean people have hot blood, and the temperament builds the farther east you go.  Remember Didge, he was Maltese....I could hear him, understand his temperament, yet still...he did offend a lot of people.  

Yes, I understand...but just can totally see how Russians or Slavs would make difficult people-persons, as a bus driver would require.

I treat everyone politely and equally, especially people who are serving me or doing me a service, as bus drivers do.
I simply couldn't stand back and watch this old man be treated so poorly.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:03 pm

eddie wrote:I got on a buds today, run by a private company. Most of the drivers are either Polish or Russian.

And no, I'm not being "racist" Rolling Eyes  they're all rude drivers, every single one I've come across.

Good for you Eddie, it warms my heart when I hear other people standing up for the defenceless.
alien
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:22 pm

I got all a bit weepy when he told me about his wife...I nearly asked him if I could adopt him.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:30 pm

I know of at least three elderly men, who were relatively fit, but when they lost their wives they seemed to lose the will to live and dies themselves soon after.
Loneliness can be a killer, and the attitude of other people, maybe the only people they see that day, can make a difference to how and if they can carry on.

I bet that man wont forget you Eddie.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:30 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I treat everyone politely and equally, especially people who are serving me or doing me a service, as bus drivers do.
I simply couldn't stand back and watch this old man be treated so poorly.

As an old man I would greatly welcome the willingness of someone younger to come to my aid.

However, had the Russian bus driver been abusive towards me he would have been told in no uncertain terms to теряться Иван
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:39 pm

Syl wrote:I know of at least three elderly men, who were relatively fit, but when they lost their wives they seemed to lose the will to live and dies themselves soon after.
Loneliness can be a killer, and the attitude of other people, maybe the only people they see that day, can make a difference to how and if they can carry on.

He was lovely and was actually on his way to the police station to pick up a wallet that he'd lost - it'd been handed in with everythjgb in tact! So that was a nice thing for him.

Hahah feel like the story has become about him rather than the nasty bus driver. I wast looking for praise.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:I know of at least three elderly men, who were relatively fit, but when they lost their wives they seemed to lose the will to live and dies themselves soon after.

He was lovely and was actually on his way to the police station to pick up a wallet that he'd lost - it'd been handed in with everythjgb in tact! So that was a nice thing for him.

Hahah feel like the story has become about him rather than the nasty bus driver. I wast looking for praise.

I know you wasn't....and to be honest I would rather talk about something nice than something not so nice.
There are ignorant people everywhere, but the nice ones outweigh the not so nice many times over. cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:48 pm

True words Syl. You get wiser by the day I reckon. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next