NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do black lives or any one elses lives mean as much as yours does?

+12
Victorismyhero
HoratioTarr
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
eddie
Syl
Eilzel
Major
'Wolfie
Raggamuffin
blackie333
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Do black lives or any one elses lives mean as much as yours  does? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do black lives or any one elses lives mean as much as yours does?

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:06 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:scratch

OUR OWN "Kind", you reckon blackie  ???

YOU certainly wouldn't want to be a doctor, nurse, police officer, fireman, ambulance officer, first aider or a rescue/emergency volunteer, with those kind of attitudes..

WHAT ABOUT those of us who have more than one ethnic group in our family lineage; and/or friends, school/college/work mates, neighbours ?           afro

THAT person that you go out of your way to avoid because you're scared of their skin tones, might have been my cousin or uncle or an old friend..

IF you met me after I'd had even a few days out in the sun, you might well not know which way to duck !               Laughing

So you don't think that black people talk about their "own kind"? You need to do more research.

down here they don't much, or at least not like you do in the UK and USA, we are all Aussie. we might talk as in commentary but I don’t think many people feel as 'primitively' about skin colour as Blackie does. (in Sydney at least)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Do black lives or any one elses lives mean as much as yours  does? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do black lives or any one elses lives mean as much as yours does?

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:59 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So you don't think that black people talk about their "own kind"? You need to do more research.

down here they don't much, or at least not like you do in the UK and USA, we are all Aussie. we might talk as in commentary but I don’t think many people feel as 'primitively' about skin colour as Blackie does. (in Sydney at least)

Blackie isn't black. I was talking about black people talking about their "own kind", not white people. You just had to change the subject didn't you?

Actually, it's really an impression I get from the internet that a lot of black people do talk about their "own kind". I hope it doesn't apply to everyone because that would be really said. I'd be a bit bewildered if a black person didn't want to talk to me because I'm white or thought they couldn't possibly have anything in common with me because of the colour of my skin.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:14 am

blackie333 wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

I wasn't even thinking about our colour, I meant in general that we all love ourselves far more than we love anyone else and that's true of most of us.
If I was spilling my blood next to you on the battlefield and someone came along with a needle and a bag of blood we both wanted and needed desperately I'd fight you for it Laughing

I think that's called hoisted by your own petard Blacktie, because the guy bringing the blood would be laying down his life to try and save yours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:28 am

blackie333 wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:scratch

OUR OWN "Kind", you reckon blackie  ???

YOU certainly wouldn't want to be a doctor, nurse, police officer, fireman, ambulance officer, first aider or a rescue/emergency volunteer, with those kind of attitudes..

WHAT ABOUT those of us who have more than one ethnic group in our family lineage; and/or friends, school/college/work mates, neighbours ?           afro

THAT person that you go out of your way to avoid because you're scared of their skin tones, might have been my cousin or uncle or an old friend..

IF you met me after I'd had even a few days out in the sun, you might well not know which way to duck !               Laughing

By our own I meant that id be drawn to help the white person first if both of the injured seemed to have the same injuries.
I'd still help the other victim though whatever colour or nationality.
I just like us to be honest about our differences and yes we have many that most try to avoid speaking about!

Well, you obviously do Blacktie, because you seem to be obsessed with it.   Some of us lead more normal lives and doesn't give a shit what colour skin covers up the gory bits just as long as they are covered.   Wouldn't be happy if everyone ran around with their guts hanging out.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:31 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Idea

I WENT to an Aboriginal uncle's funeral back in March...

AS you can well imagine, there were all shades among the congregation..
AND there were three Vietnamese nuns there, as well !

I RECKON IF Ragg's or Stormee were there, they wouldn't know where to look..
Wondering if there were any cannibals among the crowd, and looking for an escape route...        Razz

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:33 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Idea

I WENT to an Aboriginal uncle's funeral back in March...

AS you can well imagine, there were all shades among the congregation..
AND there three Vietnamese nuns, as well !

I RECKON IF Ragg's or Stormee were there, they wouldn't know where to look..
Wondering if there were any cannibals among the crowd, and looking for an escape route...        Razz

It would have been a long way to go for a funeral ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:06 am

blackie333 wrote:
Syl wrote:

Anyone who has kids or grandkids will know that their lives are worth more than yours if you had to choose....be they black white or any other colour.
So self preservation is superseded by instinct to preserve loved ones rather than oneself.

It is a thought provoking question though.

Having lost my mom and dad who I loved it doesn't seem to me that I could ever care for anyone that much again.
I love my sisters and would probably go down fighting for them but .....

The threads just changed from being one about our different colours to one about our nearest and dearest whatever colour they are.
I love it when others just get carried away with themselves and start talking rubbish like I do Laughing

Well blacktie, you had to go a long way back to find that post to reply to, probably because you don't have the brain to reply to the posts that shot you down in flames.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:29 am

blackie333 wrote:
Syl wrote:

Anyone who has kids or grandkids will know that their lives are worth more than yours if you had to choose....be they black white or any other colour.
So self preservation is superseded by instinct to preserve loved ones rather than oneself.

Having lost my mom and dad who I loved it doesn't seem to me that I could ever care for anyone that much again.

The threads just changed from being one about our different colours to one about our nearest and dearest whatever colour they are.
I love it when others just get carried away with themselves and start talking rubbish like I do Laughing

That's actually a nice post blackie.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:53 pm

blackie333 wrote:
Syl wrote:

I was responding here to your opening post when you said "SELF PRESERVATION IS THE NAME OF THE GAME AND ANYTHING ELSE IS A LIE"

Many times if it's a them or us situation a person will save a loved one first. If instinct kicks in many people put their own safety last before complete strangers.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:56 pm

Syl wrote:
blackie333 wrote:

I was responding here to your opening post when you said "SELF PRESERVATION IS THE NAME OF THE GAME AND ANYTHING ELSE IS A LIE"

Many times if it's a them or us situation a person will save a loved one first. If instinct kicks in many people put their own safety last before complete strangers.

And many times they'll put their own safety first. There's far too much idealism on this forum. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

And many times they'll put their own safety first. There's far too much idealism on this forum. Laughing

Yes of course they will...and I don't think most of us how we would react in an emergency situation till we are in one ourselves.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:57 pm

blackie333 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Just because I challenged what you said? You don't like being disagreed with, do you?

People have varying opinions on Pauline Cafferkey - my view differs from your view.

Syl never backs down to anyone but I wash she would learn not to mess with me Laughing

What does that have to do with my post? It was Sassy I was talking to, not Syl. Surprised
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
blackie333 wrote:

Syl never backs down to anyone but I wash she would learn not to mess with me Laughing

What does that have to do with my post? It was Sassy I was talking to, not Syl. Surprised

lol!

At least he knows which forum he is posting on.....I think. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:32 pm

Didge wrote:So claiming its a fallacy makes your reaponsed a reasoned answr?

No, if you cannot act like an adult, I suggest you run along and play with the other children.
Its simple maths
as explained above
I mean why is it based on a poor sterotype of Arabs and Asians being terrorists that Americans do have, that we are not seeing the same situation with them being shot and killed by the Police.
The simple answer to this are not many are involved in commiting many crimes and incidents with the police.

Didge does not reason. He accumulates other people's thoughts, and tries to smother you with horseshit. Simple binomial analysis is beyond his comprehension.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:56 am

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:So claiming its a fallacy makes your reaponsed a reasoned answr?

No, if you cannot act like an adult, I suggest you run along and play with the other children.
Its simple maths
as explained above
I mean why is it based on a poor sterotype of Arabs and Asians being terrorists that Americans do have, that we are not seeing the same situation with them being shot and killed by the Police.
The simple answer to this are not many are involved in commiting many crimes and incidents with the police.

Didge does not reason.  He accumulates other people's thoughts, and tries to smother you with horseshit.  Simple binomial analysis is beyond his comprehension.

Oh dear someone is emotional.
Like I say, people who are racist or prejudice look at the person who has shot the gun based on the colour of their skin and are led by their emotions and not reason, that is you.
Where as I do not rule out the possibility of racis, your presumption is based on the skin colour of the person who has shot and killed someone when the shooter are white, excatly what racists do when blacks kill someone white.
Your though process lacks anhy reason and just further cause a further devide between African Americans and the Police

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:41 am

Major wrote:My kids and wife come first in everything,
anyone else is insignificant in comparison.

Concerning yourself in ones mind with the probz of unthuz is meaningless and fruitless.

Actionz are the reality which mean something.

Feeling sorry or anything else for a stranger meanz nowt beneficial to them.

No, feelings lead to action, always. Feel like I'm dealing with a kindergatener who likes to torture stray animals ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:43 am

Concerning yourself in ones mind with the probz of unthuz is meaningless and fruitless.

This attitude is why the world is in the state it's in today.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:44 am

I understand you would put your family first but the rest of your post is horse shit.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:01 am

HoratioTarr wrote:

This attitude is why the world is in the state it's in today.  

Ain't that the truth!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:44 am

It's natural to put your family first before anyone else, I doubt many people would say differently.
But Major, just turn the last part of your post round.
If your wife or family were in a bad situation would you want others to turn away or help?
The kindness and empathy of strangers can often be a matter of life or death.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:12 pm

Major wrote:I am talking about 'lip service', Syl which does not make any real, measurable difference,
Doing measurable meaningful deeds is totally different.

I think opinions and voicing them does make a difference though.
Not so much on forums, like you say anyone can say or be anything, and some people have an agenda.

I was talking more in real life, our attitudes can influence others, just in simple ways if you are nice to people they will more often than not be nice back, and the opposite to of course.

I don't want to sound like Pollyanna....Laughing but it's true.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:44 pm

Syl wrote:
Major wrote:I am talking about 'lip service', Syl which does not make any real, measurable difference,

Not so much on forums, like you say anyone can say or be anything, and some people have an agenda.

I was talking more in real life, our attitudes can influence others, just in simple ways if you are nice to people they will more often than not be nice back, and the opposite to of course.

I don't want to sound like Pollyanna....Laughing  but it's true.

Totally agree with that Syl, IRL if you are happy and relaxed with people that's what you get back.   However, also IRL if you find people in groups that have an agenda of racist and hatred, being nice to them ain't gonna work normally, it's been tried a few times though by the very people they were being racist about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:50 pm

sassy wrote:
Syl wrote:

I don't want to sound like Pollyanna....Laughing  but it's true.

Totally agree with that Syl, IRL if you are happy and relaxed with people that's what you get back.   However, also IRL if you find people in groups that have an agenda of racist and hatred, being nice to them ain't gonna work normally, it's been tried a few times though by the very people they were being racist about.

thank you for fianlly accepting the truth of that

now perhaps you can lift your "reverse blindness"??

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:10 pm

Major wrote:Maybe you would like to explain your horses*** comment.

Sure.
The last part of your post was like the smell of horse shit; I didn't want to be anywhere near it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:28 pm

Laughing

I SOMETIMES WONDER IF Stormee, or Tommy, even have a wife or kids in real life...

AND IF THEY DO, whether or not they still talk to them..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:46 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Laughing

I SOMETIMES WONDER IF Stormee, or Tommy, even have a wife or kids in real life...

Personal lives and family should be kept well out of forum business.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:10 pm

I like Tommy i think hes an ok guy and can be a laugh. I dont agree with his posts but i dont belive him to be full of hatred like Major!

And yes i agree with Haratio we shouldnt discuss family members on here.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:32 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Personal lives and family should be kept well out of forum business.

Yes , they should because some store snippets of info to bring up at will, usually with the intent to hurt or cause trouble.

Last edited by Miffs2 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : feckin predictive text)
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:40 am

I hadn't even posted on this thread...

Why do the admin carry on letting this twat carry on with this constant and totally unprovoked personal insulting carry on...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:12 am

Well yes - feeling sorry for a stranger doesn't really help them, and they don't even know you feel sorry for them. Even if they did know, do they care?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Why do the admin carry on letting this twat carry on with this constant and totally unprovoked personal insulting carry on...?

Admin?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:09 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Admin?

Wondering whether someone has a family is not the same thing as bringing someone's family members into the discussion, obviously.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:04 pm

Read your own rules.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Read your own rules.

Posts that include personal details about a particular member in abusive fashion are not allowed, and members who abusively post personal information about others may be subject to administrative action, including a permanent ban, at the administrators' discretion.

Nothing in there about wondering whether a member has a wife or kids.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:16 pm

No but there are other rules that this twat is constantly breaking with impunity.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No but there are other rules that this twat is constantly breaking with impunity.

Have you reported them?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:27 pm

I haven't reported anyone for anything before...

But the behaviour has not gone unnoticed... just unacted against...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next