NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#GenerationSnowflake are so angry they didn't get their own way they are going to hold their breath until we rejoin

+10
veya_victaous
HoratioTarr
Irn Bru
Syl
nicko
Tommy Monk
Eilzel
Ben Reilly
Miffs2
Victorismyhero
14 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

#GenerationSnowflake are so angry they didn't get their own way they are going to hold their breath until we rejoin - Page 3 Empty #GenerationSnowflake are so angry they didn't get their own way they are going to hold their breath until we rejoin

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

75% of those under 25's who voted voted to remain. the only problem with #Generation Snowflake is that only 25% of them could actually be bothered to vote. Now using leftie logic I make that be around 33% of under 25's who wanted to remain which must mean 67% didn't. Or does that logic only work when tories win election and the left does not get its own way?

Now as far as I know, and I am sure someone here will correct me if I am, but the vote of an 18 year old holds no more value than someone who is 100.
the simple fact is that 1¼million more people wanted to leave the EU than remain in it. Those 17+million people cannot all be wacists, and uneducated ( although many were labour supporters), or unable to comprehend what they were voting for. They were British citizens with a valid right to vote in the most important referendum in our history, they chose to vote to leave as is their democratic right. now it appears remainers and the left in particular do not care a jot about the democratic rights of the people when they do not get their own way and they have been crying so much in london that thames barrier had to be raised last night to stop extensive flooding. ( for those on the left, that was a joke)
I am sure we all remember how tories stamped their feet and created petition after petition when they lost elections in 97, 02 and 07, no neither do I because they accept the democratic will of the people.
It is a shame that the left are not as grown up and even more regretfully that they despise the british people so much.

I await the dragons and Armageddon that remain has been forecasting over the last few months with genuine joy. the world didn't end on friday. the ftse crashed to a slighty higher position today than it had last friday. The money markets have suffered, ( i am sure the leftists here will be horrified to see bankers lose out) however those who bet on a remain win have to recoup their money somehow. I am sure george soros will have made billions by forcing down the pound as his did before. But they will return to normal in time and we will still be out of the EU. The bigger question is will the EU still be around in 5 years, a whole host of countries are demanding their own referendums now and the dominoes have may well be starting to fall. Thankfully we still have nato to keep europe safe as it has for the last 70 years.

Enjoy
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

#GenerationSnowflake are so angry they didn't get their own way they are going to hold their breath until we rejoin - Page 3 Empty Re: #GenerationSnowflake are so angry they didn't get their own way they are going to hold their breath until we rejoin

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:50 am

What about this veto we were told we had over Turkey and other countries joining you were talking about...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

#GenerationSnowflake are so angry they didn't get their own way they are going to hold their breath until we rejoin - Page 3 Empty Re: #GenerationSnowflake are so angry they didn't get their own way they are going to hold their breath until we rejoin

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:57 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:
Absurd logic
Nothing has happened since the first vote, so they will be in the exact same position again.
People already knew that the future is not set or what will happen, even again if there is a second vote.
The point is even if there was one, you would push yet more people into the leave camp
Nothing but the pound making a historic plunge, global stocks taking a beating and the UK credit rating getting a severe downgrade from Moody's, of course. Yeah, you're right -- that means nothing. Over 2 trillion in lost wealth means nothing. Taking the world to the precipice of another recession is nothing. Goddamn, but you're so right!
I've read so many topics and so many pure bilge water POV's about this 2 Trillion and how some lesser thinking nimrods think it's all just a matter of 'paper without any real value' ...well, that's the simple minded - F'd up thought process that works well for those that just can't grasp global economy and how this is rippling out like the financial Tsunami that I've been calling it!
Sassy pulled in a fantastic link with graphs and within this link > http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-27/its-fking-bloodbath-european-banking-stocks-collapse-uk-default-risk-spikes  are the numerous European banks that have taken hits and deeply impacted by that 2 TRILLION dollar loss! 

Say your an annual loan/5 year/10 year balloon renewal; and this is the year that your home loan/business loan/agricultural loan comes up for renewal ...and guess what - you've had a rough year too and you've asked for some extensions - might have been late a few times but nothing that would put in you arrears or delinquent for loan payments ...yet the 'BANK' decides that they can't take a risk with you this year that they aren't going to be able to 'RENEW' that home loan/small business loan/agricultural loan - THEN WHAT.  No They tell you no more renewable loans and YOU ARE FORCED TO SELL ...that is what a financial fiasco ripple effect does and this was EPIC!

Well, gee whiz ...it's all just paper and it has no real value, RIGHT?   #GenerationSnowflake are so angry they didn't get their own way they are going to hold their breath until we rejoin - Page 3 2396444674

Consider the first wave of the Tsunami to have washed over the banks and then they just passed it right along to you - you the marginal loan that made their books look border line scary! 

There will be loads of this happening and since Brexit shared the wealth with so many foreign European banks - don't think that they'll be putting a serious BUG in the ears of those with whom Britain wants to re-negotiate those trade deals so desperately with ...the banks are going to recoup their net losses and it will cost you dearly!   #GenerationSnowflake are so angry they didn't get their own way they are going to hold their breath until we rejoin - Page 3 202592697

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:08 am

Something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:29 am

I have read on this Forum countless times certain posters saying Britain is finished, we have no clout in the world any more, just a little island who has no significant impact on world affairs any more. So why are they now getting hot under the collar and say the sky is falling. Seems we are more important than they thought.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:26 am

4EVER2 wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:
Absurd logic
Nothing has happened since the first vote, so they will be in the exact same position again.
People already knew that the future is not set or what will happen, even again if there is a second vote.
The point is even if there was one, you would push yet more people into the leave camp
Nothing but the pound making a historic plunge, global stocks taking a beating and the UK credit rating getting a severe downgrade from Moody's, of course. Yeah, you're right -- that means nothing. Over 2 trillion in lost wealth means nothing. Taking the world to the precipice of another recession is nothing. Goddamn, but you're so right!
I've read so many topics and so many pure bilge water POV's about this 2 Trillion and how some lesser thinking nimrods think it's all just a matter of 'paper without any real value' ...well, that's the simple minded - F'd up thought process that works well for those that just can't grasp global economy and how this is rippling out like the financial Tsunami that I've been calling it!
Sassy pulled in a fantastic link with graphs and within this link > http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-27/its-fking-bloodbath-european-banking-stocks-collapse-uk-default-risk-spikes  are the numerous European banks that have taken hits and deeply impacted by that 2 TRILLION dollar loss! 

Say your an annual loan/5 year/10 year balloon renewal; and this is the year that your home loan/business loan/agricultural loan comes up for renewal ...and guess what - you've had a rough year too and you've asked for some extensions - might have been late a few times but nothing that would put in you arrears or delinquent for loan payments ...yet the 'BANK' decides that they can't take a risk with you this year that they aren't going to be able to 'RENEW' that home loan/small business loan/agricultural loan - THEN WHAT.  No They tell you no more renewable loans and YOU ARE FORCED TO SELL ...that is what a financial fiasco ripple effect does and this was EPIC!

Well, gee whiz ...it's all just paper and it has no real value, RIGHT?   #GenerationSnowflake are so angry they didn't get their own way they are going to hold their breath until we rejoin - Page 3 2396444674

Consider the first wave of the Tsunami to have washed over the banks and then they just passed it right along to you - you the marginal loan that made their books look border line scary! 

There will be loads of this happening and since Brexit shared the wealth with so many foreign European banks - don't think that they'll be putting a serious BUG in the ears of those with whom Britain wants to re-negotiate those trade deals so desperately with ...the banks are going to recoup their net losses and it will cost you dearly!   #GenerationSnowflake are so angry they didn't get their own way they are going to hold their breath until we rejoin - Page 3 202592697

mmm...I'm NOT sure we have those sort of loans so much here, maybe some business loans , but in general our loans tend to be "fixed period loans"
i.e you borrow "x amount for (say 25 years for a 2typical home loan) at variable interest (or even fixed interst rates ) and thats it. you cna insure the loan aginst loss of job, illness etc....

even if you borrow for say home imporovements its a (say) 5 year loan at y per month ...done.....?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:10 am

mmm...I'm NOT sure we have those sort of loans so much here, maybe some business loans , but in general our loans tend to be "fixed period loans"
i.e you borrow "x amount for (say 25 years for a 2typical home loan) at variable interest (or even fixed interst rates ) and thats it. you cna insure the loan aginst loss of job, illness etc....

even if you borrow for say home imporovements its a (say) 5 year loan at y per month ...done.....?
Well, that's always tidy ...thinking only of your own back yard - but my post was about the 2 TRILLION dollar that was lost - the global impact - the graphs that showed the impact in Sassy's link >
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-27/its-fking-bloodbath-european-banking-stocks-collapse-uk-default-risk-spikes 

So yet again ...you Brits thinking inclusively to you and your island and F the rest of the world that your little right to vote 'OUT' has created for the rest of the people in that EU group. 
The one that the British begged to become a part of and now have basically told them to 'STUFF IT' and you don't give a flying flip how they suffer for your vote; well that blade might be very sharp when it's twisted into the backs of each and everyone of England's Island isolationists ...it's just 2 TRILLION DOLLARS, that's just some numbers on paper - RIGHT!  

BTW - not that you have {LF} but I so LMAO when I keep hearing the rhetoric - 'we want out from under the 'BIG MANS/EU' control and we want to direct out own course! Twisted Evil
Well, that wasn't working so well and if in the negotiations the minute problems were becoming irritants then perhaps the elected locals should have had their testicles snugged up a notch or two --- but to cut off your man parts in order to be set free from the 'MAN/EU' when that's what England so wanted post WWII it seems rather like tossing the baby out with the bath water. 
You 'OUT' voting people just don't know what the hell to do locally or the work that you each needed to do as responsible voters and are instead led around my fable/stories/knee jerk hysteria! Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:34 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

What about this veto we were told we had over Turkey and other countries joining you were talking about...!?
we have a veto, but it is worth nothing unless you are prepared to wield it.

spain also has one which may come as a bit of a shock to scotland if they try to join.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:37 am

4EVER2 wrote:

Well, that's always tidy ...thinking only of your own back yard - but my post was about the 2 TRILLION dollar that was lost - the global impact - the graphs that showed the impact in Sassy's link >
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-27/its-fking-bloodbath-european-banking-stocks-collapse-uk-default-risk-spikes 

So yet again ...you Brits thinking inclusively to you and your island and F the rest of the world that your little right to vote 'OUT' has created for the rest of the people in that EU group. 
The one that the British begged to become a part of and now have basically told them to 'STUFF IT' and you don't give a flying flip how they suffer for your vote; well that blade might be very sharp when it's twisted into the backs of each and everyone of England's Island isolationists ...it's just 2 TRILLION DOLLARS, that's just some numbers on paper - RIGHT!  

BTW - not that you have {LF} but I so LMAO when I keep hearing the rhetoric - 'we want out from under the 'BIG MANS/EU' control and we want to direct out own course! Twisted Evil
Well, that wasn't working so well and if in the negotiations the minute problems were becoming irritants then perhaps the elected locals should have had their testicles snugged up a notch or two --- but to cut off your man parts in order to be set free from the 'MAN/EU' when that's what England so wanted post WWII it seems rather like tossing the baby out with the bath water. 
You 'OUT' voting people just don't know what the hell to do locally or the work that you each needed to do as responsible voters and are instead led around my fable/stories/knee jerk hysteria! Suspect

Money markets are often volatile when there's an event of some significance. It's to do with confidence really, and they could improve as well. If people don't panic, it'll probably pick up. If they panic and sell everything, they'll make it worse.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:38 am

nicko wrote:I have read on this Forum countless times certain posters saying Britain is finished,  we have no clout in the world any more, just a little island who has no significant impact on world affairs any more.    So why are they now getting hot under the collar and say the sky is falling.   Seems we are more important than they thought.
it wasnt the EU that kept europe safe for 70 years, it was NATO, britian is a primary member of NATO and along with america shoulders a large part of the dirty work when it needs to be done.,

we are still a member of nato, the g7,8,20 we have a seat on the un security council, the EU does not. we are one of the largest economies in the world. WE are the head of a commonwealth of countries that dwarf the EU. We have friendly relations with all the big players outside the EU.
Only those who do not like democracy are trying to talk Britain down and keep them subservient to the EU.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:40 am

Irn Bru wrote:Farage said that if the Remanians won the referendum by the margins that the Leavians won by then he would want a second referendum because that is inconclusive and not a mandate to stay.

Perhaps we should have the best of three Laughing

Can we have a second match with Iceland then? I demand a rematch!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:42 am

the left are now whining because the banks shares have collapsed and only recently the banks were the devil incarnate. They whine because house prices may fall, surely a good thing that will enable more people to buy. Tehy whine becasue morgages are going to be cheaper. Personally I would like to see interest rates rise as those of us who do not spend beyond our means have been hammered for the last 8 years with almost no return on our savings.
But then the thing the left are very very good at is whining when they dont get their own way.

The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:42 am

Let's not forget that a percentage of Muslims voted Leave. They are British too.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:43 am

Raggs posted > Money markets are often volatile when there's an event of some significance. It's to do with confidence really, and they could improve as well. If people don't panic, it'll probably pick up. If they panic and sell everything, they'll make it worse.

WOW ...that is, well ...that's just so PROFOUND - I'm gobsmacked!!! 

REALLY, can't come up with any better thought process then to just state the obvious - Fantastic; we need more deep thinking people stating the obvious, because it's so FFS obvious that that is exactly the simple method of how stock markets work.  Not accustomed to the hysteria driven reactions that end up costing many people and other nations because of the British superior behavior! 
Brilliant - pure Brilliance ...I might have to start wearing my sun glasses to read your posts! Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:45 am

eddie wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Farage said that if the Remanians won the referendum by the margins that the Leavians won by then he would want a second referendum because that is inconclusive and not a mandate to stay.

Perhaps we should have the best of three Laughing

surely a rerun of the 97 election would be better as blair did not reach the required 75% turnout. which he didn't do again in 01, or 05. in fact only 2 elections since 79 have exceeded that turnout. thatcher in 79 and major in 92.

I am sure the same people whining about the referendum will also be demanding a rerun of the mayor election in london because Sadiq Khan only got 24% of londoners to vote for him, or do the rules they wish to foist on us over the referendum not apply when they get their own way?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:51 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:the left are now whining because the banks shares have collapsed and only recently the banks were the devil incarnate. They whine because house prices may fall, surely a good thing that will enable more people to buy. Tehy whine becasue morgages are going to be cheaper. Personally I would like to see interest rates rise as those of us who do not spend beyond our means have been hammered for the last 8 years with almost no return on our savings.
But then the thing the left are very very good at is whining when they dont get their own way.

Im beginning to think you're right and I hate labelling people.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:52 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:the left are now whining because the banks shares have collapsed and only recently the banks were the devil incarnate. They whine because house prices may fall, surely a good thing that will enable more people to buy. Tehy whine becasue morgages are going to be cheaper. Personally I would like to see interest rates rise as those of us who do not spend beyond our means have been hammered for the last 8 years with almost no return on our savings.

Yes, a drop in house prices would be a good thing IMO - as long as people don't come here and buy them all up and shove up the prices again. I also agree that interest rates for savers have been terrible for ages.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:54 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
eddie wrote:

surely a rerun of the 97 election would be better as blair did not reach the required 75% turnout. which he didn't do again in 01, or 05. in fact only 2 elections since 79 have exceeded that turnout. thatcher in 79 and major in 92.

I am sure the same people whining about the referendum will also be demanding a rerun of the mayor election in london because Sadiq Khan only got 24% of londoners to vote for him, or do the rules they wish to foist on us over the referendum not apply when they get their own way?

Another good point. You need to post here more often. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:32 am

The interest on my savings used to pay for my tv licence, [I don't have to pay anything now] my car insurance,house and contents, gas and electric bills. My last interest payment was £16 56.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:48 am

nicko wrote:The interest on my savings used to pay for my tv licence,  [I don't have to pay anything now] my car insurance,house and contents, gas and electric bills.   My last interest payment was £16 56.

Yes, the rates are really bad. It's a little while since I checked them, but last time I checked there was very little difference between any of them, and they were all really bad.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:52 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

Another good point. You need to post here more often. Laughing
sorry I can only take the bullshit for so long.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:54 am

nicko wrote:The interest on my savings used to pay for my tv licence,  [I don't have to pay anything now] my car insurance,house and contents, gas and electric bills.   My last interest payment was £16 56.
the last interest on my isa in 2009 before I cashed in in came to £30, the previous year it had been over £1000. the rate was 0.01%, my mother used to get a £100 or so a month on her savings, she gets bugger all now.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:55 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes, the rates are really bad. It's a little while since I checked them, but last time I checked there was very little difference between any of them, and they were all really bad.
I'm still on about 9% in turkey, but thats down from 18%
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:52 pm

4EVER2 wrote:

THE big question you have to ask is......since WHEN has any other country EVER made a decision affecting ITS people that paid any sort of regard to the effect that decision would have on ANY other country...let alone the UK..

let me tell you....ITS NEVER HAPPENED
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:53 pm

and America is possibly THE WORST...

Oh we will just have a quick war here and there (yeah we know technically its illegal, but hell we is the boss of the world so hey suck it up)
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:05 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

THE big question you have to ask is......since WHEN has any other country EVER made a decision affecting ITS people that paid any sort of regard to the effect that decision would have on ANY other country...let alone the UK..

This is what's so weird. The outrage from non-Brits on here is remarkable. They really seem to think we should have voted to remain in order to please them. I find that very odd.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:08 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

we have a veto, but it is worth nothing unless you are prepared to wield it.

spain also has one which may come as a bit of a shock to scotland if they try to join.

Well the UK being the strongest supporter of Turkey joining... doubt very much any veto was going you be used...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:45 pm

By the way, this thread is the most ageist thing I've seen here since Brerror.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:49 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:By the way, this thread is the most ageist thing I've seen here since Brerror.

In what way? I hope you pulled Sassy up for her attack on "old" people. Oh of course you didn't - you had a pop at them yourself. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:By the way, this thread is the most ageist thing I've seen here since Brerror.

In what way? I hope you pulled Sassy up for her attack on "old" people. Oh of course you didn't - you had a pop at them yourself. Laughing

I called them the elderly, hardly the same as "#GenerationSnowflake" (ha ha, people told you you're special!) or the holding their breath remark.

If I were to try something on that level, I might suggest the younger Brits could always wait and see if the Brexiteers simply forgot about it ... Or maybe suggest they could hasten the next referendum merely by hiding old people's pills?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:38 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

you are right you do whats best for your people

Last edited by The Devil, You Know on Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:40 pm

which is a very ageist comment to make. I dont know about america, but in britain the vote of an 18 year old carries exactly the same weight as the vote of a 100 year old person.

the vote of a person who cannot be arsed to vote carries no weight at all

Last edited by The Devil, You Know on Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:43 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I called them the elderly, hardly the same as "#GenerationSnowflake" (ha ha, people told you you're special!) or the holding their breath remark.

If I were to try something on that level, I might suggest the younger Brits could always wait and see if the Brexiteers simply forgot about it ...  Or maybe suggest they could hasten the next referendum merely by hiding old people's pills?
they are known as #generationsnowflake because they are about as tough as a snowflake in the desert and more concerned about safe spaces than the realities of life. dont worry ben, you are too old to be one of them no matter how much you wish you were.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:48 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

If I were to try something on that level, I might suggest the younger Brits could always wait and see if the Brexiteers simply forgot about it ...  Or maybe suggest they could hasten the next referendum merely by hiding old people's pills?
they are known as #generationsnowflake because they are about as tough as a snowflake in the desert and more concerned about safe spaces than the realities of life. dont worry ben, you are too old to be one of them no matter how much you wish you were.

I'm just pointing out the rank hypocrisy; am I the right age to do that?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:49 pm

It is still ironic that you complain of ageism in a thread with an ageist title. I suppose at least if the country does go tits up we get to write the history books that tell of how the post war generations had the best chance to fix and solid future but then decided to throw it away by following delusions.

Of course I hope that's not the case; but I actually think some of you don't care either way. Better an 'independent' mess than stability with Brussels right Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:53 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Then I'll point out your rank hypocrisy because you never objected to the blame that "old" people got from Sassy - in fact, you encouraged it. I'll just remind you that not all "old" people voted to leave anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Then I'll point out your rank hypocrisy because you never objected to the blame that "old" people got from Sassy - in fact, you encouraged it. I'll just remind you that not all "old" people voted to leave anyway.

No, I never complained about ageism in the first place. I just pointed out that while the Brexiteers were complaining about it, they were being ageist themselves.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:57 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No, I never complained about ageism in the first place. I just pointed out that while the Brexiteers were complaining about it, they were being ageist themselves.

I think you did complain about it.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Ya, we the GREEDY rat bastards that saved the global financial markets the fiasco from that horrific Tsunami of 2008 - we the country that only thought about our own pockets and not a flip'n thing about any of you - you the best thing since sliced bread!

The Big Bank Bailout
Mikke Collins Jul 14, 2015 @ 04:22 PM

Most people think that the big bank bailout was the $700 billion that the treasury department used to save the banks during the financial crash in September of 2008.

But this is a long way from the truth because the bailout is still ongoing. The Special Inspector General for TARP summary of the bailout says that the total commitment of government is $16.8 trillion dollars with the $4.6 trillion already paid out. Yes, it was trillions not billions and the banks are now larger and still too big to fail. But it isn’t just the government bailout money that tells the story of the bailout. This is a story about lies, cheating, and a multi-faceted corruption which was often criminal.
• Rating agencies- Rating agencies like Standard and Poor’s are paid by the banks (which is a conflict of interest) and have a huge influence on the ratings of securities. During the housing bubble ratings agencies continued to give triple AAA ratings to toxic mortgages. The justice department wants $5 billion in restitution from Standard and Poor’s for its part in falsifying ratings.
• Money laundering – It has been proven that the American Division of the HSBC bank did money laundering for Mexican drug cartels to the tune of $881 billion according to the Justice Department. The penalty to this bank for blatant corruption was $1.9 billion and the New York Times laments that HSBC was too big to indict. Nobody goes to jail at a time when an unemployed black person gets 10 years for robbing a minute mart.
• Betting Against – Both JP Morgan Chase and Goldman Sachs worked with hedge funds to bet against the toxic mortgages after the crash had started. They made money by selling short on the financial catastrophe they had created. JP Morgan was fined $296.9 million and Goldman Sachs was fined $550 million for actions
• Insider Trading –The jailed billionaire Raj Rajartmn made nearly $One million a minute by getting inside information from Goldman Schs. The New York attorney has fingered 70 hedge funds but the prosecution is very slow.

The operating principles of the big banks is a cesspool of greed, ethics and criminal intent and they give a very bad name to free market capitalism. During the housing bubble Wall street was considered the heart and soul of free market capitalism, but when they were in danger of total collapse they fell on their knees as socialists, begging the government and tax payers to bail them out
Many people have asked why the government bailed them out. Isn’t capitalism designed to get rid of the weak and the failed; so why didn’t we just let them fail? The answer was that they were too big to fail and allowing them to fail could have created a worldwide depression.  In fact, in a meeting with Congress on September 18th, 2008. Treasury Secretary Paulson told the members that $5.5 trillion in wealth could disappear by 2pm of that day. In a meeting with Senator Sherrod Brown, Secretary Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said, “we need $700 billion and we need it in 3 days.”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikecollins/2015/07/14/the-big-bank-bailout/#5a18ee2d3723
But do we act like 'we walk on water' ...only when up against that British Blow'n Up Ego and then - yes, you'll get push back! And plenty of it too!

Global Markets and that ripple effect; goes well beyond your own nose and if you can't fathom that - then there's no chalk board - no amount of simplistic math - not enough time in a 24 hr day to explain it to you! 

Repercussions for willful disregard; and this from a petulant group that demanded access to the very group you now speak so disrespectfully about ...'we demand access into the EU - we demand our everything and if you don't play our game - our way - we'll QUIT' ...and you did! #GenerationSnowflake are so angry they didn't get their own way they are going to hold their breath until we rejoin - Page 3 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:33 pm

It was usa corporate banks that Fucked it all up in the first place!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Just an observation, not a complaint. But for someone whose default communication strategy is complaining, I can understand what happened here.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:41 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It was usa corporate banks that Fucked it all up in the first place!!!

Yes indeedy. But there's only so much the U.S. government can do to rein them in. The rest of the world needs to participate in an effort to control something that affects the entire world.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:50 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:It was usa corporate banks that Fucked it all up in the first place!!!

Yes indeedy. But there's only so much the U.S. government can do to rein them in. The rest of the world needs to participate in an effort to control something that affects the entire world.

GOBSMACKED ~~~ data from 2008, just finally soaked into Tommykins understanding or he's just woken up?  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:50 pm

Yes... well our labour govt were in charge here for 10 years before the big fuk up...

And it was your banksters who ripped the arse out of it...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2008/dec/28/markets-credit-crunch-banking-2008
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:07 pm

Yes, they caused the last recession.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:07 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Just an observation, not a complaint. But for someone whose default communication strategy is complaining, I can understand what happened here.

I'm only complaining about you complaining.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:12 pm

Eilzel wrote:It is still ironic that you complain of ageism in a thread with an ageist title. I suppose at least if the country does go tits up we get to write the history books that tell of how the post war generations had the best chance to fix and solid future but then decided to throw it away by following delusions.

Of course I hope that's not the case; but I actually think some of you don't care either way. Better an 'independent' mess than stability with Brussels right Wink
the title isn't ageist, it is mocking those who are more concerned about safe spaces than the realities of the real world. it is mainly mocking those who whined loudest but who as a group failed spectacually to turn out and vote.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:13 pm

Safe space = denial of reality
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:14 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
I don t think age has anything to do with your hypocrisy, I think it's just a pre requisite for your those of you of that political standpoint.

The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:17 pm

Eilzel wrote:It is still ironic that you complain of ageism in a thread with an ageist title. I suppose at least if the country does go tits up we get to write the history books that tell of how the post war generations had the best chance to fix and solid future but then decided to throw it away by following delusions.

ez you have been away far too long if you think the EU is stable. it has been on teh verge of collapse into chaos for long time now. IT has destroyed one member state already and is driving others into the hand of the far right. it is better to get out now, rather than to try and escape when the whole place is burning down around us.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:19 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

no, but then it makes it easy to ignore your hypocrisy when you make ageist remarks, or encourage others to do so.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next