NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy

+10
Raggamuffin
nicko
Fuzzy Zack
Ben Reilly
'Wolfie
Syl
Tommy Monk
Victorismyhero
eddie
Major
14 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 Empty The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Earlier this month, I posted about how two Muslim boys in Switzerland were at the center of controversy because they refused to shake their female teacher’s hand before and after class. They didn’t want to follow the longtime Swiss tradition because their religion, they claim, won’t allow them to touch women who aren’t family members.

The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 Shutterstock_377118703

Administrators at the school compromised by saying the boys didn’t have to shake the hands of any of their teachers male or female, which only angered the public even more.
And now it may be getting even worse for the boys:
The family of the two teenagers, who refused to shake their female teachers’ hands for religious reasons, have had their application for citizenship suspended. A spokesperson for the local security authorities said that the office for migration in canton Basel Country would be speaking to family members individually, and that it was not unusual for an application to be suspended while additional information was gathered.
I want to believe this is normal behavior, but who knows. If it’s tied in any way to the boys’ actions, I would find it a gross overreaction. As I said before, students shouldn’t be forced to participate in traditions that go against their beliefs, no matter what their reasons are. I’m certainly not defending the students’ faith-based sexism; I just don’t find this tradition worth all the fuss. It doesn’t matter if you’re not standing for the Pledge or not shaking a female teacher’s hand. None of it has any bearing on your education.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/04/22/the-swiss-citizenship-of-two-Muslim-boys-is-at-risk-after-handshake-controversy/

Back to top Go down

The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 Empty Re: The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy

Post by eddie Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:48 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Oh, and devil worshipers Twisted Evil The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 3852033631

No you promised you'd never mention that cult

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 Empty Re: The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:48 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Oh, and devil worshipers Twisted Evil The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 3852033631

No  you promised you'd never mention that cult

You promised you'd never mention the jam jar, so there.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:50 pm

That cult has changed you man. No
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:53 pm

eddie wrote:That cult has changed you man. No

Maybe Roger needs to hear about your heresy -- how does 12 hours on the mystery wheel sound to you?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:59 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:That cult has changed you man. No

Maybe Roger needs to hear about your heresy -- how does 12 hours on the mystery wheel sound to you?

Sounds pretty darn fucking mysteriously good actually afro
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:03 pm

I love the way my point was ignored. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:37 pm

Syl wrote:I love the way my point was ignored. Razz

He was asked what he meant and he never replied, so what am I supposed to do?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:56 pm

What was a good way to get shot?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:I love the way my point was ignored. Razz

He was asked what he meant and he never replied, so what am I supposed to do?

That's up to you....but when Stormee makes a racist post about Muslims he is called "scum" (by you) when a Muslim poster appears to be suggesting he danced when innocent people were bombed in Brussels...there is the overwhelming sound of ...........Silence.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:22 pm

I did question Zack over this actually and I've just bumped the thread.

I'd like an explanation, but it's entirely possible the other admin missed it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:24 pm

Thank you Eddie...I just saw, and I know you questioned it at the time.

I just think if people are called scum on here for holding racist views...it should work both ways.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:26 pm

Syl wrote:Thank you Eddie...I just saw, and I know you questioned it at the time.

I just think if people are called scum on here for holding racist views...it should work both ways.

Absolutely it should, but not everyone reads most things. I miss loads of threads sometimes and I arrive when the main point is long over with Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:27 pm

OK...well it's brought up again now, maybe an answer will be given.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:45 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:so in return...YOU think you should be able to wander the world doing only as YOU please....without regard to local custom and manners

spoken like a true left wing lout......

Yeah, I believe we should all be able to roam the world and live in peace. Tell me why we shouldn't.

moreover ben...we have a number of THAT sort over here.....we call em "pikeys"

they turn up, smash the locks of the gate into your property, park their caravans on your land, with no intenet of paying any sort of site fees....

the shit evertwhere (literally) and chuck rubbish (plastic bits of metal around,) light fires and contaminate the ground with fuel....

they churn it all up, and then when its ruined  and you eventually get an order to get them off the land (which costs a fortune) them go and do it to somebody else...

this of course is the true mentality of the "i can wander anywhere, do what I like and demand to be left in peace" left wing type....

you SHOULD of course be able to go with a witness, give them 3 warnings then set light to their caravans or if you feel nice merely tow em out with a tractor, with no regard to the integrity of them.....

Obviously, none of that is actually living peacefully -- in other words, not even remotely close to what I meant.

ahh...but THAT is the point.....THEY think it is and that they have a right to do so....that is THEIR culture..., and the feel entitled ....just like you to wander where they will following THEIR culture. Which comes back to te point I made...whereby YOUR little dream isnt going to happen because....like runs with like.

I wouldn't talk about "random neuron firings" until you can at least come up with an "example" that isn't actually the complete opposite of the idea I presented.

herin lies the problem with the leftist thinking...the leftist assumes EVERYONE is the same (or can be cowed/browbeaten.coerced/intimidated into sameness)
anf fails utterly when confromnted with "differentness" that clashes with their intended aim. You talk about diversity, but it isnt ...its a pseudo diversity that is soley interested in matters of art, sexuality, culinary likes and and other such trivia....When faced with real world issues it falls to pieces like the wet cardboard it is constructed from....

you treat EVERY issue that you roll over on as a "seperate issue" rather than looking at the sum of the issues and wondering where they lead

you surrender on this issue
you have surendered on sharia laws
you have virtually surrendered on the issue of hiding their faces
you surrendered (and not just to Muslims) years ago on ritual slaughter
you surrendered years ago to the sikhs on the issue of crash helmets

In every case AFAIK where asian grooming gangs were allowed to run amok it was on the watch of lefty councils (and the reason given in these cases was "community cohesion and fear of accusations of racism...which is the ACTUAL point......It wasnt a case of money buying immunity (as was the case with others of similar ilk) it was a case of leftys rolling over to have their tums tickled....to sell your soul for cash is despicable.......... to sell your soul for a warped political principle cant even be measured on the scale of turpitude.....)

you run from/deny even matters of fact take fasting for instance...where strong evidence exists of increased accident rates for Muslims during ramadan, yet you wouldnt hear of a driving ban during that period for those participating...once again the REST of us are the ones thereby at risk and have to "suck it up"

the left truely is the rights greatest recruiter.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:42 pm

@Vic
at no point is anyone stopping you from driving when you choose to participate in a fast.
thus your hypocrisy, unless you want to make it no one can drive if they haven't eaten in the last 8 hours. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
You actually want more complete dictatorial control over freedoms than any lefty, you just want all the control to enforce the way you happen to choose to live already, so all the burden of conformation is on others and not yourself.

And
Brits Surrendered on Crash helmets
Brits Surrendered on Sharia
Brits surrendered on Hiding faces (although YOU do not have a right to demand to see someones face unless they are entering your property, a police officer can)

What is this issue anyway? a handshake? it's just a moutain for hill shepherds to cry about.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:09 am

veya_victaous wrote:@Vic
at no point is anyone stopping you from driving when you choose to participate in a fast.
they dont have to...since I am sufficiently aware of the impact that such an action can have on driving ability ....I am capable of policing myself...evidently THEY are not, and in their arrogance do drive in that state...

thus your hypocrisy, unless you want to make it no one can drive if they haven't eaten in the last 8 hours.  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

and you would ?????, in the face of the evidence, object to that...putting yourself and others in danger...my god the arrogance of the lefty numpty

You actually want more complete dictatorial control over freedoms than any lefty, you just want all the control to enforce the way you happen to choose to live already, so all the burden of conformation is on others and not yourself.

Idiotic waffle as demonstrated....obviously you demonstrate the need for such matters to be legislated for, rather than leaving it to individual common sense....clearly your freedom to be an unmitigated moron trumps everyone elses freedom not to be harmed by your inherent cretinism

And
Brit leftysSurrendered on Crash helmets
Brit leftys Surrendered on Sharia
Brit leftys surrendered on Hiding faces (although YOU do not have a right to demand to see someones face unless they are entering your property, a police officer can)  

What is this issue anyway? a handshake? it's just a moutain for hill shepherds to cry about.

yes well I expected nothing else from the spoilt wailing brats of your generation...who have no idea of the meaning of respect...(and I'm not EVEN talking about respect for elders here) even the repect for learning or respect for the "office of" a teacher (which "office" should in fact be "revered" ) let alone just common or every day respect...hell you havnt even got "self respect"

so dont come lecturing me about "hill shepherds"...It doesnt wash comming from you generation...and especially from you antipodean kangaroo botherers......

AND finally ....if a person spurns MY proffered hand....he spurns me...and therfore my friendship, all aid and countennance...
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:22 am

Storm in a teacup but turned into a hge global problem about Muslims. I think the boys should have shook the hand of the teacher but that's just me - I'm not a Muslim.

And the Swiss have a cheek suggesting they are disrepecting women when they have had one of the worst gender equality records in democratic countries of the entire world. It took them until 1971 to gove women full voting rights in the fedearl government and even today the average pay for a women is only arounf 59% of what men get paid for doing the same work.

Their suffragette movement toiled and struggled for many years to secure womens rights and some even had to flee the sountry.

http://www.snf.ch/en/researchinFocus/newsroom/Pages/mm-150527-nrp60-gender-inequality.aspx
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:54 am

It's complete ridiculous.   I'm going to bed, so help me this place can be so depressing.   Night Irn

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:02 am

I agree...it IS ridiculous....

they should have been suspended immediately with a note sent home saying this is how things are done here...your religious views are irrelevent and inconsequential...accept it or shove off.... The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 2190311264
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:18 am

You just don't want to give them the freedom of choice
YES they can choose to Spurn you.
Get over it.. they opt to not have your future assistance.

If your society can't show them why and just rely on say 'as is tradition' then you are nothing but peasant hill shepherds.

And Aussies are light years ahead of you useless primitive hill shepherds, There is a reason Why I don’t fear Muslims Cause i know they don’t have a snowball chance in hell against Aussie Culture, where as Deep down You know the euro peasant traditions are weak and shit and doomed to go the way of every other little pathetic hill shepherd tradition around the world. Something Nice for tourists But on ZERO other relevance.

in this case it is just 2 groups of differing Hill Shepherds unable to be adaptive and hung up on primitive traditional bullshit.

And You’re a baby Boomer literally the generation that will go down as the worst in hundreds of years. IF you think our generation is bad because it is not like you that is GOOD. No one wants to be like your shit generation, Literally the worst in memory, undisputedly the worst in my nations entire history.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:26 am

veya_victaous wrote:You just don't want to give them the freedom of choice

If your society can't show them why and just rely on say 'as is tradition' then you are nothing but peasant hill shepherds.

And Aussies are light years ahead of you useless primitive hill shepherds, There is a reason Why I don’t fear Muslims Cause i know they don’t have a snowball chance in hell against Aussie Culture, where as Deep down You know the euro peasant traditions are weak and shit and doomed to go the way of every other little pathetic hill shepherd tradition around the world. Something Nice for tourists But on ZERO other relevance.

in this case it is just 2 groups of differing Hill Shepherds unable to be adaptive and hung up on primitive traditional bullshit.

And You’re a baby Boomer literally the generation that will go down as the worst in hundreds of years. IF you think our generation is bad because it is not like you that is GOOD.  No one wants to be like your shit generation, Literally the worst in memory, undisputedly the worst in my nations entire history.

The only thing Aussies do better than Brits is open their gobs wider.

If you want to argue with Victor, try to leave other Brits out of it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:40 am

sassy wrote:It's complete ridiculous.   I'm going to bed, so help me this place can be so depressing.   Night Irn

I also think it can be depressing, but for a different reason. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:19 pm

veya_victaous wrote:You just don't want to give them the freedom of choice

And You’re a baby Boomer literally the generation that will go down as the worst in hundreds of years. IF you think our generation is bad because it is not like you that is GOOD.  No one wants to be like your shit generation, Literally the worst in memory, undisputedly the worst in my nations entire history.

I notice like the rest of te lefty numptys yo fail to answer the substance of post...but....I expect no difference

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:38 pm

LordFoul stated > AND finally ....if a person spurns MY proffered hand....he spurns me...and therfore my friendship, all aid and countennance...
Unlike some members...I read the entire thread and find this most 'muchadoaboutnothing' --- you'd find many here in America willfully choosing to 'NOT' shake a proffered hand for shaking regardless of the intent:
The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 O-HANDSHAKE-GERMS-facebook TO THIS The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 _39137686_hand_washing_203152  TO THIS
The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 Hand-with-germs
We make it a HEALTHLY PRACTICE TO NEVER SHAKE HANDS, especially
with any child; WTH...they're a entire bacteria/germ factory of their very own! Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:44 pm

Wow so heaven forbid anyone around 4ever2 needs mouth to mouth resuscitation then.
The germs is more of a concern than saving someones life.
A girl drowning extends her arm, nope, 4ever2 has to protect herself from getting germs, over that of saving a life.
The moment you argue against touching, you open up a whole avenue of reasons why we should touch and need to touch, in order to save lives.
Again the worst part here is again the left defend a bad belief, the same belief that extends to having men and women segregated from each other.
We have moved on such bad beliefs in the west over the last few centuries when Christian was in control. Where countless people thought for freedoms and equality. These beliefs deny freedom, but are beliefs that control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:56 pm

Let us examine what we hace learned on this thread alone about the lefty "mind(such as it is) set"

IF yoiu object to people comminh here and behaving like good citizens, joining in and contributing

you are racist well that kind of goes without saying....in THAT case YOU ARE A RACIST

IF you object to people comming here, gathering in ghettoes and REFUSING of their own accord to "integrate"...you are racist....erm....nope

IF you object to people comming here, and continuing thier primitive traditions , in the face of , contrary to, and to the detriment of OUR traditions...you are racist...erm...nope

If you object to people comming here with the INTENT to bomb our public places, set up grooming gangs, and generally cause mayhem...you are racist....erm....nope

If you object to people comming here and establishing a seperate system of laws, inferior to and generaly conflicting with what we consider "just and fair"....you are racist....erm ...nope

If you beleive the law is the law and there should be one and the same law for all....
you are a racist.....erm ....nope

If you DONT believe that our law should be subverted by our authorities on the grounds of "social cohesion" you are Racist...erm ....nope

any one begin to see the leftist agenda....

@ Veya......as said many times before...YOU dont have a "culture"
YOU have NOTHING to "give away"
YOU...barely...have a "society"

you are not, even, posessed of any good manners....so someone arriving in your hole who is also a manerless primitive is bound to fit right in Rolling Eyes

as for your generation...a spoilt, self opinionated, and a self generated sense of entitlement to things without effort doesnt recommend you very highly........

your disdain for "the old ways" (of doing things) is symptomatic of the sickness that envelops your generation....

you had best pray that we never have a solar flare of sufficient magnitude to wipe out electronic comms...

because you have NO idea of how to do ANYTHING without your tech...

you wouldnt know where to start with a book of log tables and a "slip stick", let alone doing mental maths...MOST of your generation cant even work out how much change they are due when purchasing something...

Most of your generation cant even read a map or use a compass
most of your generation cant read a "blueprint" let alone make one.....
and 99% of your generation cant absorb the ideas of following the orders of even a skilled person...EVEN WHEN those orders are for their own safety and the safety of others.......

YOUR generation (and the one that sits between mine and yours) are the reason we have to have such strict laws on guns knives etc etc....becasue you and they are self entitled twats, with no regard for anyone but themselves

when I was 14 I could ...without restriction hold and carry in public, a shot gun, on a licence obtained from the local post office, I could lawfully drive, on public roads, a tractor with a huge 4 wheel trailer.
And...more telling still, at 14 you were expected to side with the MEN...not the "boys".

WE were considered "responsible" (in general)

what went wrong with that.....??? well I'll tell you...it WAST OUR generation that royally fucked it up

YOU are a bunch of whingeing brats that seriously need to get a grip....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:03 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
LordFoul stated > AND finally ....if a person spurns MY proffered hand....he spurns me...and therfore my friendship, all aid and countennance...
Unlike some members...I read the entire thread and find this most 'muchadoaboutnothing' --- you'd find many here in America willfully choosing to 'NOT' shake a proffered hand for shaking regardless of the intent:
The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 O-HANDSHAKE-GERMS-facebook TO THIS The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 _39137686_hand_washing_203152  TO THIS
The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 Hand-with-germs
with any child; WTH...they're a entire bacteria/germ factory of their very own! Suspect

I'm sorry 4ever....but

I have never read anything more risible.....

Unless your immune systen has been compromised for some reason that was a load of hysterical codswallop...

IF you wasy YOUR OWN hands properly (its not rocket science you know) picking up te odd bug here and there is of no consequence is it?

wash YOUR hands properly after doing whatever AND before eating, and dont suck you thumb, bite your nials or lick your hands ...wheres the problem

are you ALSO scared to touch anything "out there "...hand rails, coins etc???

exposure to most bugs is actually "good" for you...keep the immune systen in top fettle....

agreed kids are germ factories...but what the hell...

I catch a vile cold once a year from one or other grand kid...then nothing can touch me for the next year or so.....

god almighty woman ..you garden, handle chickens and other animals....they aint killed you yet? have they...or am i corresponding with some sort of reanimated undead???

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:30 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:
I'm sorry 4ever....but
Unless your immune systen has been compromised for some reason that was a load of hysterical codswallop...
IF you wasy YOUR OWN hands properly (its not rocket science you know) picking up te odd bug here and there is of no consequence is it?
wash YOUR hands properly after doing whatever AND before eating, and dont suck you thumb, bite your nials or lick your hands ...wheres the problem
exposure to most bugs is actually "good" for you...keep the immune systen in top fettle....
I catch a vile cold once a year from one or other grand kid...then nothing can touch me for the next year or so.....
god almighty woman ..you garden, handle chickens and other animals....they aint killed you yet? have they...or am i corresponding with some sort of reanimated undead???
Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
And this topic is about Teachers shaking hands with children; not something we push/promote ever here in the STATES. 
Yes, I have an auto-immune problem; but those 4+ years working with autistic children in our school district...you just didn't touch their hands --- firmly notated by many 'MEMO'S' sent out from the nurse's office! 
You can't trust that those little germ factories know the methods for proper hand sanitizing and even run water over their hands - EVER.  'I' know what/how to wash my hands...do I trust even 'YOU' to know that you've washed 'YOUR' hands --- you'd not catch me shaking hands with you dear LordFoul --- EVER Suspect

Why do you think that the The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 Fist-bump-smiley-emoticon  became so popular over here?   The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 701223944

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:36 pm

It's a bit paranoid not to shake hands with someone in case they hadn't washed them. I do try to avoid being too near someone who has a cold, but that's just common sense.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:42 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:
I'm sorry 4ever....but
Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
And this topic is about Teachers shaking hands with children; not something we push/promote ever here in the STATES. 
Yes, I have an auto-immune problem; but those 4+ years working with autistic children in our school district...you just didn't touch their hands --- firmly notated by many 'MEMO'S' sent out from the nurse's office! 
You can't trust that those little germ factories know the methods for proper hand sanitizing and even run water over their hands - EVER.  'I' know what/how to wash my hands...do I trust even 'YOU' to know that you've washed 'YOUR' hands --- you'd not catch me shaking hands with you dear LordFoul --- EVER Suspect

Why do you think that the The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 Fist-bump-smiley-emoticon  became so popular over here?   The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 701223944

certainly NOT because of health hygiene reasons...it became popular cos it was cool innit man:roll:

because you are all bloody paranoid thats why....

and, as a former microbiologist.....i can assure you when I wash MY hands I leave behind NO survivors.....moreover I wash my hands whenever I change "tasks"...even if that means they get washed every couple of mins when I'm doing something......unless logic/common sense dictates otherwise...like I'm under my vehicle....mucking out the chickens or busy in the workshop......

but then again I dont cross contaminate everything anyway...and I certainly dont have my hands round my mouth.....handling bacteriological agar plates with salmonella growing on them is a good way to cure such habits...... The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 3633442240
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:46 pm

Your logic escapes me 4ever

you touch things (correctly called fomites)

A fomes (pronounced /ˈfoʊmiːz/) or fomite (/ˈfoʊmaɪt/) is any object or substance capable of carrying infectious organisms, such as germs or parasites, and hence transferring them from one individual to another. Skin cells, hair, clothing, and bedding are common hospital sources of contamination.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fomite

On a daily basis or are you sufficiently paranoid (like that old rich fellow...Howard Hughes????) as to wear gloves "out there" at all times????
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:51 pm

Things like not wanting to touch someone because they might have germs is the thin end of the wedge, and OCD is sure to follow. Germs are everywhere and you can't avoid them anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:42 pm

Stormee wrote:
eddie wrote:What was a good way to get shot?

Kissin a geeza.

Oh do grow up storm Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Things like not wanting to touch someone because they might have germs is the thin end of the wedge, and OCD is sure to follow. Germs are everywhere and you can't avoid them anyway.

Especially in school where kids are in such close proximity with each other. I imagine touching another pupil or teachers hand is the least of their worries.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:48 pm

Back to the op
They did not refuse to shake hands because of germs
They come from a culture that wipes their backside with their bare hands
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:22 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Your logic escapes me 4ever
A fomes (pronounced /ˈfoʊmiːz/) or fomite (/ˈfoʊmaɪt/) is any object or substance capable of carrying infectious organisms, such as germs or parasites, and hence transferring them from one individual to another. Skin cells, hair, clothing, and bedding are common hospital sources of contamination.
On a daily basis or are you sufficiently paranoid (like that old rich fellow...Howard Hughes????) as to wear gloves "out there"  at all times????
LOL..unless you walk around with a placard hanging from your lanyard verifying your 'microbiology' profession the closest you get to my 3' area is that 'fist pump range' --- Razz
And it's funny yet not so FUNNY that you mentioned Howard Hughes---that's what life has become while living with an autoimmune disease... pretty restricted to when and where and who I can be exsposed too.
You redicule it and call it 'paranoid'...I call it my daily life---
So sorry you find it amusing BUT each to their own for what triggers that QUIRKY FUNNY BONE---HUH confused
But my OPINION about this HAND SHAKE issue remains unchanged---it would not be a an ISSUE here in AMERICA; we allow children to not say the morning PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO OUR FLAG---because it has the phrase ...'one nation under GOD' that was added some time in the 30's {I think}...if their faith has issues with it, they get a pass!!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:27 pm

People get too histrionic about autoimmune disease. If everyone who had one avoided contact with others, there would be a lot of people living like hermits.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:47 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:Your logic escapes me 4ever
On a daily basis or are you sufficiently paranoid (like that old rich fellow...Howard Hughes????) as to wear gloves "out there"  at all times????
LOL..unless you walk around with a placard hanging from your lanyard verifying your 'microbiology' profession the closest you get to my 3' area is that 'fist pump range' --- Razz
And it's funny yet not so FUNNY that you mentioned Howard Hughes---that's what life has become while living with an autoimmune disease... pretty restricted to when and where and who I can be exsposed too.  
So sorry you find it amusing BUT each to their own for what triggers that QUIRKY FUNNY BONE---HUH confused
But my OPINION about this HAND SHAKE issue remains unchanged---it would not be a an ISSUE here in AMERICA; we allow children to not say the morning PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO OUR FLAG---because it has the phrase ...'one nation under GOD' that was added some time in the 30's {I think}...if their faith has issues with it, they get a pass!!! cheers

and YET...you scrat around in the garden like one of your hens I assume you handle those hens...and their eggs

I think its reasonable to assume that at time you go into town...do you studiously avoid contact with every handrail, every coin (or worse still paper dollar note) every door handle every shopping trolley handle ...etc etc etc .....????

I mean to be entirely fair ...IF "YOU" presonally have a compromised immune system then thats an out...thats a fair reason to have an abundance of caution...

but we are NOT talking about the "odd" exception are we....the vast bulk of the population are NOT so compromised..so there is no excuse really....and most certainly not one of hygiene

AND...as has been pointed out its a bit rich to rely on the excuse of hygiene when you come from a culture that wipes its arse with a bare hand.... scratch

the real pity of course is that so many of them DONT follow their supposed excuse of not (for religious reasons) touching women ...and consider western women fair game for touching of a different matter.....

one might say close encounters of a turd kind......

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:59 pm

I've been doing some research and it seems that very few Muslims actually wipe bare-handed, and those that do, wash their hands afterward. Bidets seem to be pretty standard in the Middle East, though of course, most Muslims don't even come from the Middle East.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I've been doing some research and it seems that very few Muslims actually wipe bare-handed, and those that do, wash their hands afterward. Bidets seem to be pretty standard in the Middle East, though of course, most Muslims don't even come from the Middle East.

yawn...citations please......

I'll get the popcorn.......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

and YET...you scrat around in the garden like one of your hens  I assume you handle those hens...and their eggs

I think its reasonable to assume that at time you go into town...do you studiously avoid contact with every handrail, every coin (or worse still paper dollar note) every door handle every shopping trolley handle ...etc etc etc .....????

I mean to be entirely fair ...IF "YOU" presonally have a compromised immune system then thats an out...thats a fair reason to have an abundance of caution...

but we are NOT talking about the "odd" exception are we....the vast bulk of the population are NOT so compromised..so there is no excuse really....and most certainly not one of hygiene

AND...as has been pointed out its a bit rich to rely on the excuse of hygiene when you come from a culture that wipes its arse with a bare hand.... scratch

the real pity of course is that so many of them DONT follow their supposed excuse of not (for religious reasons) touching women ...and consider western women fair game for touching of a different matter.....

one might say close encounters of a turd kind......
Perhaps my doctors needs to quantify his list of my precautionary steps & procedures with you prior to giving that 'Should Do List' to me Rolling Eyes 
And since you and a couple of other's have stated that 'those Muslims wipe their arse with a bare hand' --- let me verify that for the little boys and girls at the grammar schools I worked in --- that wasn't the 'NORM' so I'm unaware of this 'RUMOR/baseless' need to keep repeating such a vile disgusting hygiene issue when none of the girls that I've none in this area {college girls} and none of the little boys & girls have ever been rumored/whispered/innuendoed that this would be something that all of the aides/teachers would have to be AWARE of The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 2190311264

But in all fairness... my grandfather had a way of hawking a snot out his nose with his finger aside one nostril and never using his hanky - EVER; something all of us grand kids would practice much to the horror our grandmother and our mothers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:16 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I've been doing some research and it seems that very few Muslims actually wipe bare-handed, and those that do, wash their hands afterward. Bidets seem to be pretty standard in the Middle East, though of course, most Muslims don't even come from the Middle East.

yawn...citations please......

I'll get the popcorn.......

https://www.reddit.com/r/islam/comments/2g01cs/do_muslims_really_wipe_with_their_hand_rather/

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091207002702AA5NHCM

http://knowledgenuts.com/2013/07/17/glorious-world-of-islamic-toilet-etiquette/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:19 pm

TY...i do like to see you working... Laughing

now go to the next bit of my post....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:21 pm

Lord Foul wrote:TY...i do like to see you working... Laughing

now go to the next bit of my post....

No work really, just copy-pasted links to the pages I'd recently read. By the way, reading about toilet etiquette? Now that's real work, at least it is to me Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:28 pm

and...????

as i said a few indeed do......
but a "greater few" dont.......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:10 pm

Well, ain't that a great 'Aint That A Kick In The Head; I'm certainly glad that we don't lump all of the GREAT Muslims in together then we'd have ZERO bad one's to talk-trash on our quaint little community - HUH The Swiss Citizenship of Two Muslim Boys is At Risk After Handshake Controversy - Page 5 265384880

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:13 pm

That made me splutter in my hot milk lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next