NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healthy bear cub killed by Swiss zoo - because it was being BULLIED by its DAD

Go down

Healthy bear cub killed by Swiss zoo - because it was being BULLIED by its DAD Empty Healthy bear cub killed by Swiss zoo - because it was being BULLIED by its DAD

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:51 pm

A Swiss zoo has been criticised for killing a healthy baby bear because it was being bullied by its dad.

The cub was one of a pair born to Masha and Misha - bears hand-reared and donated to Bern's Dahlholzi Zoo.

At just 11-weeks-old, dad Misha started becoming aggressive towards the cubs - and killed one in front of horrified visitors.

Just days later the zoo decided to 'put down' the other cub - named Baby Bear Four - to stop him from being further bullied and mistreated by his 'jealous' dad.

The move reportedly prompted criticism from Swiss Animal Protection who said the father should have been kept in a separate part of the family's enclosure.

In the wild males can turn against their cubs if they see them as competition.

A spokesman said: "It is not natural to keep the male bear with the offspring, and there was more than enough space to have him in a separate part of the cage."

The zoo said separating the dad would have led to "massive stress and permanent behavioural disorders with both bears" and taking the cub away from his mum and dad would have led to "lifelong individual housing, isolation and a lack of stimulus".

They said: "Putting cub 'Four' to sleep was a difficult decision, but unfortunately necessary."

Misha and Masha were donated to the zoo by Russian president Dmitry Medvedev in 2009.

Masha will be sterilised in the coming weeks to stop her from having more cubs.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/baby-bear-four-swiss-zoo-3428567#ixzz2zSD1y7c3
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

I refuse to believe they couldn't have found another solution. It was tiny, it could have been hand reared until they found somewhere else for it.

Back to top Go down

Healthy bear cub killed by Swiss zoo - because it was being BULLIED by its DAD Empty Re: Healthy bear cub killed by Swiss zoo - because it was being BULLIED by its DAD

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:54 pm

But....BUT.....
according to didge.............

Back to top Go down

Healthy bear cub killed by Swiss zoo - because it was being BULLIED by its DAD Empty Re: Healthy bear cub killed by Swiss zoo - because it was being BULLIED by its DAD

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Bad man!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:58 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:But....BUT.....

Blimey Victor, you really need to move on mate, sorry if you get battered some times in debates with me, you should for a start not create your own downfall by advocating animals do not have rights.

Seriously this is getting pedantic with your childish view points about me all the time, hey ho, it proves you are wound uo, which is your issue not mine.

Well have a good evening, I have things to do, try and chill out eh

Bye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! This is about a little bear cub that was killed and, as we have had a lot of info lately about zoo's killing healthy animals, about what zoos are doing these days. OK, smacked legs will be administered  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Didge wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:But....BUT.....

Blimey Victor, you really need to move on mate, sorry if you get battered some times in debates with me,eh?, says YOU (and nobody else) ://?roflmao?/:  you should for a start not create your own downfall by advocating animals do not have rights.

Seriously this is getting pedantic with your childish view points about me all the time, hey ho, it proves you are wound uo, which is your issue not mine.

Well have a good evening, I have things to do, try and chill out eh

Bye  

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Sassy wrote:Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!   This is about a little bear cub that was killed and, as we have had a lot of info lately about zoo's killing healthy animals, about what zoos are doing these days.   OK, smacked legs will be administered  ::D:: 

but...but...these zoo people are "experts"..... they know best dontcha know :\\:[: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:05 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
Sassy wrote:Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!   This is about a little bear cub that was killed and, as we have had a lot of info lately about zoo's killing healthy animals, about what zoos are doing these days.   OK, smacked legs will be administered  ::D:: 

but...but...these zoo people are "experts"..... they know best dontcha know :\\:[: 

Gonna whack you one! They know about conservation, perhaps in dealing with it day in and day out they loose a little emotion and sensitivity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:07 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:eh?, says YOU (and nobody else) ://?roflmao?/: 

No counters just say it, your lastest one was so embarrassing mind, I really feel sorry for you, arguing it is justified to kill animals for your own selfish needs off of ones dying.
That deserves an award for stupidity, it was hilarious

Night dummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:10 pm

Shut the fuck up both of you! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Zoos and their decisions to kill healthy animals if you don't mind!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Sassy wrote:Shut the fuck up both of you!   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!   Zoos and their decisions to kill healthy animals if you don't mind!!!!!

Give over, you derail countless threads with your disputes and I am enjoying Victor get all wound up over nothing, bless him

Anyway I have to go so have a good evening

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:17 pm

Didge wrote:
Sassy wrote:Shut the fuck up both of you!   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!   Zoos and their decisions to kill healthy animals if you don't mind!!!!!

Give over, you derail countless threads with your disputes and I am enjoying Victor get all wound up over nothing, bless him

Anyway I have to go so have a good evening

My disputes are about the threads. You didn't even comment on this one. Goodnight.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:21 pm

Anyway, I find this story to be abhorrent!
I never knew zoos would do this sort of thing!! What about the principle of never putting a healthy animal down?
I don't believe, that they could not have found a far better solution.
I think this zoo should actually, be closed down.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:22 pm

eddie wrote:Anyway, I find this story to be abhorrent!
I never knew zoos would do this sort of thing!! What about the principle of never putting a healthy animal down?

Well the Danish zoo killed a healthy giraffe in front of schoolkids, dissected it and fed it to the lions. Then another one put down two healthy lion cubs. Its getting to be a habit.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:25 pm

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:Anyway, I find this story to be abhorrent!

Well the Danish zoo killed a healthy giraffe in front of schoolkids, dissected it and fed it to the lions.  Then another one put down two healthy lion cubs.   Its getting to be a habit.

Surely there's some kind of law against crap,like that?
There seems to be a law for everything else!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:29 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Well the Danish zoo killed a healthy giraffe in front of schoolkids, dissected it and fed it to the lions.  Then another one put down two healthy lion cubs.   Its getting to be a habit.

Surely there's some kind of law against crap,like that?
There seems to be a law for everything else!

Doesn't appear to be, they say it's for conservation. In the case of the Danish zoo, another zoo had said they would take the giraffe. Makes me furious.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:32 pm

Animals in zoos are already at a horrid disadvantage, let's face it, they are taken away from their natural home (and yes, I do visit them I'm ashamed to say as I want my children to see animals close up), and the least we can do is make sure they are treated right.

I'm very surprised really as I always assumed that zoos did the very best by their animals.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:34 pm

eddie wrote:Animals in zoos are already at a horrid disadvantage, let's face it, they are taken away from their natural home (and yes, I do visit them I'm ashamed to say as I want my children to see animals close up), and the least we can do is make sure they are treated right.

I'm very surprised really as I always assumed that zoos did the very best by their animals.

They say they have their reasons. I say find better ones to keep them alive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:34 pm

The zoo that put down the Giraffe also killed four Lions soon after

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Nems wrote:The zoo that put down the Giraffe also killed four Lions soon after

Disgusting.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:42 pm

eddie wrote:

Disgusting.

It is. there certainly doesnt seem to be any justification for these animals being killed

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:50 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

Disgusting.

It is. there certainly doesnt seem to be any justification for these animals being killed

Like I said, I'm really surprised tbh. Thought zoos "loved" animals!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:51 pm

eddie wrote:

Disgusting.

Maybe the way some zoos deal with 'conserving' animals should be looked at very carefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:53 pm

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:

Disgusting.

Maybe the way some zoos deal with 'conserving' animals should be looked at very carefully.

Like an OFSTED inspection for zoos lol
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:53 pm

I honestly can't believe there are no other solutions available in these situations.  Zoo's are about protecting animals.  These stories are becoming all too frequent Healthy bear cub killed by Swiss zoo - because it was being BULLIED by its DAD Smile191

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:55 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Like an OFSTED inspection for zoos lol

Now that's a really good idea!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:56 pm

feelthelove wrote:I honestly can't believe there are no other solutions available in these situations.  Zoo's are about protecting animals.  These stories are becoming all too frequent Healthy bear cub killed by Swiss zoo - because it was being BULLIED by its DAD Smile191

I agree. We take these poor animals out of their natural habitat then treat them so poorly.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:56 pm

feelthelove wrote:I honestly can't believe there are no other solutions available in these situations.  Zoo's are about protecting animals.  These stories are becoming all too frequent Healthy bear cub killed by Swiss zoo - because it was being BULLIED by its DAD Smile191

Zoo's are about making money.They are a business.
I reckon I was spoiled, growing up able to visit the best preservation park in the world then. The Jersey Wildlife Preservation Trust, now called Durrell after its wonderful founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Nems wrote:

I reckon I was spoiled, growing up able to visit the best preservation park in the world then. The Jersey Wildlife Preservation Trust, now called Durrell after its wonderful founder  

We were thinking of going there actually, to Jersey.
My fiends brother lives there, has done for years, she told he'd said that everything was getting really expensive out there now!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Hubby and I pay a yearly subscription and can visit our local zoo as many times as we like.  If I thought they were taking these kinds of decisions I'd withdraw my support instantly Healthy bear cub killed by Swiss zoo - because it was being BULLIED by its DAD Cry17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:02 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

My fiends brother lives there, has done for years, she told he'd said that everything was getting really expensive out there now!

Its incredibly expensive. Beautiful but expensive.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:06 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

Only supermarkets are M&S and Waitrose he said.

Hahahaha I doing that thing in my head when you know someone lives somewhere that your mate used to,live ....."I wonder if she knows him?"
Lol like you know everyone in jersey  Rolling Eyes 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:10 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

Hahahaha I doing that thing in my head when you know someone lives somewhere that your mate used to,live ....."I wonder if she knows him?"

I bet you a pound to a penny my friend Tess would - she knows everyone!
Supermarkets ah yes no asda although they have George clothing now. No tesco etc. We have checkers and spar and the co op. we have an Iceland now on the old new era cinema site it seems!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:12 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

Supermarkets ah yes no asda although they have George clothing now. No tesco etc. We have checkers and spar and the co op. we have an Iceland now on the old new era cinema site it seems!

Ask her is she knows Adrian Parrish
I'm sure he runs a hotel of some sort?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:16 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

I will ask her!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:18 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

I will ask her!

lol! 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down