NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healthy body, healthy mind

+4
Lone Wolf
Raggamuffin
nicko
Fuzzy Zack
8 posters

Go down

Healthy body, healthy mind  Empty Healthy body, healthy mind

Post by eddie Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:47 pm

Does anyone here workout? What is your favourite exercise?
What do you do to keep fit? bounce

I hate jogging but I do,like body weight exercise.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Healthy body, healthy mind  Empty Re: Healthy body, healthy mind

Post by eddie Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:36 pm

Healthy diet is especially important though I do admit to having a little of what o fancy every day lol

My favourite workout is three sets of the following:

20 burpees
20 squats
20 alternate lunges
20 press ups
20 weighted arm reps (whatever I fancy)
1 minute plank
1 minute side planks
20 mountain climbers
20 whatever I fancy

I also do circuit training and HIIT and the 20 second burst thingy (cannot Remeember what it's called)

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:00 pm

I always put the tv remote on the other side of the room, when cats go out I shut door so I have to get up to let them in.I will get up to make a cup of tea once a week.

[Why buy a dog and bark yourself]?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:02 pm

Will you all shut up! Trying to get fitter, not easy in my situation so have started swimming again. Managed to pull by back (which was damnaged by a diving accident many years ago) and now I'm in pain again. Bugger getting fit! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:03 pm

nicko wrote:I always put the tv remote on the other side of the room,   when cats go out I shut door so I have to get up to let them in.I will get up to make a cup of tea once a week.

[Why buy a dog and bark yourself]?

Sounds like a plan! The dog will be lucky if he gets his walk tomorrow at the moment!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:32 pm

I dance, and I walk. I don't like exercises with weights, or lunges and squats, etc, not with my knees. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:05 pm

risingsun wrote:Will you all shut up!  Trying to get fitter, not easy in my situation so have started swimming again.  Managed to pull by back (which was damnaged by a diving accident many years ago) and now I'm in pain again.  Bugger getting fit! Rolling Eyes

Swimming is great exercise and when you have a chronic illness as on your case, you have to take it easy - swimming is ideal.

When my thyroid goes into overdrive I suffer muscle weakness, so I always choose swimming over any other exercise.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Every little helps! If you do something, it's better than absolutely nothing :-) x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:45 pm

pfft you lot...gerra "proper job"

last week i carried

1 tonne of timber (obviously in smaller amounts) from van to storage
moved 1/2 tonne of 20/40 ballast by hand
moved 1 tonne sand by hand

then moved said tonne of timber BACK to van

took it to site

took it OUT of van to site storage

went to timber yard got another 1 tonne of timber ,,,

took half to site unloaded

and other half home and unloaded

shoveled 1 tonne of sand into van

took to site and unloaded

this week

laid large concrete area

built 3 foot high stub wall

decided that spindle moulder was best on site so moved 350lb machine by hand into van wed night

took to site and unloaded by hand this morning

Had 1/3rd of OAK conservatory built by knocking off time

and you want ME to exercise??????

oh...and by me I mean me...on me tod

I have no employees.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:47 pm

and YES i'm having a day off tomorrow to go shooting....so thats going to be a 5-10 mile walk....ahhhh the relaxation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:51 pm

eddie wrote:
risingsun wrote:Will you all shut up!  Trying to get fitter, not easy in my situation so have started swimming again.  Managed to pull by back (which was damnaged by a diving accident many years ago) and now I'm in pain again.  Bugger getting fit! Rolling Eyes

Swimming is great exercise and when you have a chronic illness as on your case, you have to take it easy - swimming is ideal.

When my thyroid goes into overdrive I suffer muscle weakness, so I always choose swimming over any other exercise.

Absolutely agree, I just love swimming. Wish I had somewhere I could swim underwater with an aqualung though, no wetsuit, I hate the damn things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:19 am

sex
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Cass wrote:sex

No thanks Cass, I've just eaten. Some other time Wink
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:02 pm

darknessss wrote:and YES i'm having a day off tomorrow to go shooting....so thats going to be a 5-10 mile walk....ahhhh the relaxation

The feeling of being free and one with nature and I bet the best thing you love about this is no or little human contact?
I actually love long walks where I get lost in my own world and train of thought about many things, as it really helps bring clarity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:06 pm

eddie wrote:

Have no idea why but I really chuckled at the thought of a sex gym and the proposed sex workouts they have for people.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:13 pm

Brasidas wrote:
darknessss wrote:and YES i'm having a day off tomorrow to go shooting....so thats going to be a 5-10 mile walk....ahhhh the relaxation

The feeling of being free and one with nature and I bet the best thing you love about this is no or little human contact?

not of necessity, I will often stop for half an hour for a "gossip" with the farmer who kindly lets me shoot his land, the occaisional walker etc

but in general theres no "hustle and bustle" which is the best thing, nice and leisurely

I actually love long walks where I get lost in my own world and train of thought about many things, as it really helps bring clarity.

and of course "clarity" and "focus" are required to "stalk " my quarry

its one thing sitting in a hide "ambushing wabbits" (which is the way to go about reducing large numbers)
its entirely another to "stalk" them along hedges and open fields

dont forget MOST of the time I'm using either a .410 shot gun ( the 12 is not so good for rabbiting...too noisy and "too much" gun) OR my daystate Mk4is air rifle...

now THAT means getting to within NO mORE than 20-25 yards with the .410 OR no more that 35-40 yards with the air rifle.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:22 pm

darknessss wrote:
Brasidas wrote:

not of necessity, I will often stop for half an hour for a "gossip" with the farmer who kindly lets me shoot his land, the occaisional walker  etc

but in general theres no "hustle and bustle" which is the best thing, nice and leisurely

its one thing sitting in a hide "ambushing wabbits" (which is the way to go about reducing large numbers)

dont forget MOST of the time I'm using either a .410 shot gun ( the 12  is not so good for rabbiting...too noisy and "too much" gun) OR my daystate Mk4is air rifle...

now THAT means getting to within NO mORE than 20-25 yards with the .410 OR no more that 35-40 yards with the air rifle.....

So partially right on contact, but of course these are friends of yours, so I did not factor that, so my mistake mate.
We do these walks for different reasons but for the same peace and quite needed to help bring clartity.
How long do you think it takes to acquire such skill of hunting/stalking? Or do you think we still hold inherant abilities of this but that we have to hone this skill constantly to maintain a high level?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:41 pm

Brasidas wrote:
darknessss wrote:

dont forget MOST of the time I'm using either a .410 shot gun ( the 12  is not so good for rabbiting...too noisy and "too much" gun) OR my daystate Mk4is air rifle...

So partially right on contact, but of course these are friends of yours, so I did not factor that, so my mistake mate.
We do these walks for different reasons but for the same peace and quite needed to help bring clartity.
How long do you think it takes to acquire such skill of hunting/stalking? Or do you think we still hold inherant abilities of this but that we have to hone this skill constantly to maintain a high level?

It depends on the individual....some will never "get it" as some folks are just naturally clumbsy, noisy etc
however for those who can do it, even if having no experience, I can teach within a day the basics...

then its practice , practice and more practice

and of course its also a matter of knowledge as well

you have to know your quarry, how it senses the environment....

using the environment to your advantage eg wind direction...not only to keep your scent away from the quarry but also helps deaden sound...

learning to walk without cracking every twig

and so on

then added to that is the very real need for safety....

what is BEHIND your quarry.....just WHAT is going to stop that pellet or shot if you miss (not quite so critical with the low powered .410 or air rifle I use...but of the greatest import with firearms) for intance ...NEVER fire into/through a hedge.....you can NEVER be sure whats the otherside......

you need to be aware of everything around you...live stock...the odd cat out hunting, stray dogs...stray ramblers

couples out for an evening walk ....and more in the woods....

even...daft as it sounds...the odd hang glider.....many of whom silently float about atb "pigeon height"

night shooting with "night vision...are those eyes DEFINITELY a rabbit...or is it a wandering oet cat from the farm........not sure....DONT PULL THE TRIGGER.....

first last and every time....not 100% sure about something....DONT PULL THE TRIGGER.....take your finger off and "pass on the shot"

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:19 pm

eddie wrote:Does anyone here workout? What is your favourite exercise?

Can't jog. But I still life free weights. I've been doing it since university.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:30 pm

One farm I used to go "lamping "on had a lot of feral cats that lived in and around the barns. When lamping I mostly saw I pair of red eyes in the beam and would aim at a point between them, but I was always worried that it was a cat. I could not take the risk so I gave up shooting at that farm. Talking about lamping,one night about 1am while tracking the light along the bottom of an hedge I saw a faint yellow/green light in the hedge, I lifted the beam up about 2ft and saw two very bright eyes about two feet from the ground, I held the beam on them for about a minute then they disappeared.Was it a panther? There was a lot of sightings of a big black cat in the area . Was that it?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:42 pm

nicko wrote:One farm I used to go "lamping "on had a lot of feral cats that lived in and around the barns.   When lamping I mostly saw I pair of red eyes in the beam and would aim at a point between them, but I was always worried that it was a cat. I could not take the risk so I gave up shooting at that farm. Talking about lamping,one night about 1am while tracking the light along the bottom of an hedge I saw a faint yellow/green light in the hedge, I lifted the beam up about 2ft and saw two very bright eyes about two feet from the ground, I held the beam on them for about a minute then they disappeared.Was it a panther? There was a lot of sightings of a big black cat in the area .    Was that it?

Where was this nicko? In Arizona we used to encounter mountains lions all the time on the trail. Now, the Jaguar has returned to Tucson. Several sightings in the Santa Rita Mountains.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:13 pm

nicko wrote:One farm I used to go "lamping "on had a lot of feral cats that lived in and around the barns.   When lamping I mostly saw I pair of red eyes in the beam and would aim at a point between them, but I was always worried that it was a cat. I could not take the risk so I gave up shooting at that farm. Talking about lamping,one night about 1am while tracking the light along the bottom of an hedge I saw a faint yellow/green light in the hedge, I lifted the beam up about 2ft and saw two very bright eyes about two feet from the ground, I held the beam on them for about a minute then they disappeared.Was it a panther? There was a lot of sightings of a big black cat in the area .    Was that it?

Was on Exmoor one time Nicko, came down a hill and on the right hand side was a little farm house, right beside it was one of those six foot wide farm gates into a field. Across the farm gate was a big cat, it was practically the length of the gate. The car behind us started beeping and pointing. We stopped further down the road and went back and knocked on the door of the house, but no-one was in. We went up to the farm gate and in the mud were big paw prints. People on buses going into Taunton from outlying areas have also seen a big cat in the fields as you can see over the hedges from the top deck.

I firmly believe there is, or was, a big cat in that area, because I saw it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:14 pm

Now to healthy mind, healthy body - two words = Stephen Hawkins.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:16 pm

Quill, it was in England about 2 miles from The National Exibition Centre,[Have you heard of it?]and 3 miles from my house, in an area called Marston Green.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:25 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:

Which gym do you got to? ;-)

Hahaha this is why I shouldn't post after a fabulous Pinot Gris. Smile

awes eds you are no fun (Ps ordered my new nutribullit) x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:19 am

Brasidas wrote:
eddie wrote:

Have no idea why but I really chuckled at the thought of a sex gym and the proposed sex workouts they have for people.

lol!

cheers I'm joining!!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:23 am

Cass wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

Which gym do you got to? ;-)

Cass you will never look back!
Follow,some recipes or make your own - dont use too much sugary fruit (oranges, apples, pineapples etc) as they are loaded with sugar. If you want any of those just use a small piece from one of them. I find a handful of berries are just wonderful.

Do it for two weeks and tell me how much better your skin looks

Also try and replace it for your normal breakfast and you will see a HEALTHY drop in weight.

For my liquid I use water as it's less fattening and I don't like thick gloop milky things.
I put two tablespoons of my fave yoghurt in cheers
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:33 am

Breakfast, can't beat an Bacon@Egg sandwich with brown sauce, I have one once a week on Sunday mornings.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:19 am

nicko wrote:Breakfast,   can't beat an Bacon@Egg sandwich with brown sauce,  I have one once a week on Sunday mornings.

I too, have egs etc on weekends for brunch - but I still have my "shake" first
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:43 pm

eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:

Cass you will never look back!
Follow,some recipes or make your own - dont use too much sugary fruit (oranges, apples, pineapples etc) as they are loaded with sugar. If you want any of those just use a small piece from one of them. I find a handful of berries are just wonderful.
Do it for two weeks and tell me how much better your skin looks
Also try and replace it for your normal breakfast and you will see a HEALTHY drop in weight.

For my liquid I use water as it's less fattening and I don't like thick gloop milky things.
I put two tablespoons of my fave yoghurt in cheers

I printed off a lot of recipes - my old one (it was second hand) but I tended to just do the same thing all the time or just use it to liquify the veggies for a sauce. I'm not a yoghurt fan but will try some Greek plain and honey and a vanilla with a little bit of milk. need to look for that recipe you put up the other day .....
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:06 pm

this one?

You mean this one?

have half a banana, (I prefer blueberry or alricot yoghurt instead of banana) handful of kale cabbage (amazing health benefits) spinach, piece of cucumber, snip of ginger, small carrot, handful of berries
Add water
Blitz for 30 seconds

Drink it

Last edited by eddie on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:59 pm

Speaking of things we hate, don't you hate it when you're talking to your boss and you accidentally spray a little spit on his face, and when you go to wipe it off, a bee flies in the window and it startles you so bad that you fart?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:02 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:

Speaking of things we hate, don't you hate it when you're talking to your boss and you accidentally spray a little spit on his face, and when you go to wipe it off, a bee flies in the window and it startles you so bad that you fart?

Now that is very funny and I would laugh

Would you take a view at me laughing at this, when dealing with a traumatic event, that i care or do not care?

I am seriously going to bust your balls on this, when you decidced to jump in as the Lone Ranger, as the husband of eddie

Last edited by Didge on Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:02 pm

That’s both disgusting and interesting by turn.
However, if you wish to speak of bodily gases or flying insects (that sting!), then feel free to start a new thread.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:03 pm

eddie wrote:

That’s both disgusting and interesting by turn.
However, if you wish to speak of bodily gases or flying insects (that sting!), then feel free to start a new thread.  

I found it hilarious

Would this bother you on the day of the funeral of my father if I laughed at this?

Lets see how badly you and the Lone ranger avoid answering

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down