NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 out of 5 refugees not syrian????

+4
nicko
eddie
Tommy Monk
Raggamuffin
8 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

4 out of 5 refugees not syrian???? - Page 2 Empty 4 out of 5 refugees not syrian????

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:33 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3240010/Number-refugees-arriving-Europe-soars-85-year-just-one-five-war-torn-Syria.html

Four out of five migrants are NOT from Syria: EU figures expose the 'lie' that the majority of refugees are fleeing war zone
Some 44,000 of the 213,000 refugees who arrived in Europe were from Syria
A further 27,000 new arrivals on the continent came from Afghanistan
Britain received one in 30 of all the asylum claims made by new applicants
David Cameron has offered to take in 20,000 refugees but none from the EU

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3240010/Number-refugees-arriving-Europe-soars-85-year-just-one-five-war-torn-Syria.html#ixzz3mAS8qZNz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

it seems we have some taking advantage of what is going on....

Back to top Go down

4 out of 5 refugees not syrian???? - Page 2 Empty Re: 4 out of 5 refugees not syrian????

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:01 pm

Refugee status can only be given AFTER a claim for asylum seeker has been accepted!!!

Those trying to travel across countries without permission or having declared themselves to the national authorities, are illegal immigrants!!!

Asylum seeker status is only given once an illegal immigrant has declared themselves to authorities and made their claim for 'asylum'!!!!!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

4 out of 5 refugees not syrian???? - Page 2 Empty Re: 4 out of 5 refugees not syrian????

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:02 pm

FFS stop being a racist twat.

but then you can't because you are a failed human being.

They are nothing of the sort.

AS SOON AS THEY FLEE TERROR, INTERNATIONAL LAW RECOGNISES THEM AS REFUGEES.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:04 pm

Seems you idiots are unable to read and understand your own posts on what is The law!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:05 pm

The status of refugee is immediate on fleeing a nation as they are now nationless and homeless.
Key factors that make them refugees
Its bound in international law and those claiming otherwise clearly cannot understand international law
This is why I have relegated Tommy tot he insignificant section, he really is just very stupid

Have a good evening everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:05 pm

sassy wrote:
Christie wrote:

Are they fuck illegal immigrants beforehand. Are you unable to read official documents?

Probably, and would refuse to read anything that says the opposite of what his unrelenting racism and inhumane attitude believes.

I've never came across such a bigoted ignorant asshole as him on forums. He thinks his word is the law and his word only, so much that he spams the same shit over and over until he thinks someone will believe it. Dream fucking on!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:06 pm

Who is a Refugee?

People who are forced to flee their homes due to persecution, whether on an individual basis or as part of a mass exodus due to political, religious, military or other problems, are known as refugees.

The definition of a refugee has varied according to time and place, but increased international concern for the plight of refugees has lead to a general consensus. As defined in the 1951 United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees (the Refugee Convention), a refugee is defined as a person who

“owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, is outside the country of his nationality, and is unable to or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country or return there because there is a fear of persecution...”

http://www1.umn.edu/humanrts/edumat/studyguides/refugees.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:06 pm

Cuchulain wrote:The status of refugee is immediate on fleeing a nation as they are now nationless and homeless.
Key factors that make them refugees
Its bound in international law and those claiming otherwise clearly cannot understand international law
This is why I have relegated Tommy tot he insignificant section, he really is just very stupid

Have a good evening everyone

And a very good evening to yourself Didge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:13 pm

And anyone who has arrived into another country is classified as an illegal immigrant UNTIL they declare themselves to the national authorities and make their claim as an asylum seeker!!!!!!

Then their application is considered... and They have legal right to remain as an asylum seeker while this is happening!!!

If this is successful then they get the right to remain as a refugee!!!

Until a claim is made they are illegally present in any country they are in... And if intentionally crossing borders without declaring themselves then they are also committing criminal activities!!!

The law is clear!!!!!!

Try to read and understand it!!!!!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:17 pm

Completely and Utterly WRONG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:18 pm

I think if you have to apply to BE something, you can't be it, until youve been accepted.

Tommy is factually right actually. It is clear as day.

Dozens matter anyway; if someone is needy and fleeing from danger they are a refugee even if not until made one legally.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:19 pm

eddie wrote:I think if you have to apply to BE something, you can't be it, until youve been accepted.

Dozens matter anyway; if someone is needy and fleeing from danger they are a refugee even if not until made one legally.

Tommy is completely and utterly WRONG.

If you flee for your life INTERNATIONAL LAW RECOGNISES YOU AS A REFUGEE, YOU THEN APPLY FOR ASYLUM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:24 pm

eddie wrote:I think if you have to apply to BE something, you can't be it, until youve been accepted.

NO Tommy is not right actually. Google and research the info for yourself and you will see the real facts.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:24 pm

sassy wrote:

If you flee for your life INTERNATIONAL LAW RECOGNISES YOU AS A REFUGEE, YOU THEN APPLY FOR ASYLUM.

Yes I know....as a refugee! lol!

Anyway it doesn't matter because a name is simply a name. It doesn't change the fact that people are fleeing and need help.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:25 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:

Yes I know....as a refugee! lol!

Anyway it doesn't matter because a name is simply a name. It doesn't change the fact that people are fleeing and need help.

Oh it matters a lot Eddie, because you get stupd c..ts like Tommy calling them immigrants or migrants, which is totally different and does not have the protection involved.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:28 pm

Okay well then the government should change their wording then.

Anyway it's off topic.
I don't buy that 4 out of 5 figure actually either, re the OP
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:48 pm

Actually I think you will find that technically Tommy IS right, however at the time of arrest as an illegal immigrant (which could be when they arrive and walk into a police staion to request assylum) they then announce their assylum request and become at that point assylum seekers (or refugees as the case may be)

however in international LAW the status of refugee is much wider in order to cope with a wide range of domestic law across multiple countries...
indeed it is questionable if the status "refugee" has any basis in domestic law...without reference to international law...

SO...for instance a gut hides on a plane and lands here...even if in international law he is a refugee in domestic law he is an illegal immigrant and has to apply, not for refugee status, but for assylum seeker status

HOWEVER...if as part of an internatiuonal effort we go and rescue some people from another country, becasue we are the acting under international guise these people are REFUGEES and therfore subject to international laws concerning such....

they still then have to apply for assylum as before but its a different process...

the staus of refugee is there to allow international law to rule over their treatment, rather than the possibly harsh domestic rules of a single nation.....

whew.......

thats my understanding of it...So tommy is "technically" both right AND wrong at the same time.

cmon folks ...give the monkey some credit...thats no mean feat........

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:01 pm

Why are there so many ‘illegal’ asylum seekers?
Well, the thing is…

There’s no such thing as an illegal asylum seeker.

Eh?
It’s completely legal to claim asylum.
The UN drew up some international laws on this after the Second World War (1951). They’re in a big document called the Refugee Convention, which protects people fleeing persecution and trauma.

The European Union (EU) also follows some extra guidance that can relate to asylum, such as the Human Rights Act.

There’s a general principle in the EU about claiming asylum in the first safe country you reach – but this isn’t a hard-and-fast rule (nor a legal requirement), for various reasons.

http://blogs.redcross.org.uk/refugeesservices/2015/03/lets-lay-down-the-law-on-asylum-illegals/

TOMMY IS WRONG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:06 pm

sassy wrote:Why are there so many ‘illegal’ asylum seekers?
Well, the thing is…

Eh?
The UN drew up some international laws on this after the Second World War (1951). They’re in a big document called the Refugee Convention, which protects people fleeing persecution and trauma.

The European Union (EU) also follows some extra guidance that can relate to asylum, such as the Human Rights Act.

There’s a general principle in the EU about claiming asylum in the first safe country you reach – but this isn’t a hard-and-fast rule (nor a legal requirement), for various reasons.

http://blogs.redcross.org.uk/refugeesservices/2015/03/lets-lay-down-the-law-on-asylum-illegals/

TOMMY IS WRONG

yess...we know that...BUT in domestic law...untill the person actually CLAIMS asylum they could well be(and in most cases are) an illegal immigrant (except, as i say, if we "rescue them" in which case they are covered by international "refugee status")

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:08 pm

more to the point...I think "Refugee status" requires acceptance from the UN that a "situation" exists?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:14 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
sassy wrote:Why are there so many ‘illegal’ asylum seekers?
Well, the thing is…

Eh?

TOMMY IS WRONG

yess...we know that...BUT in domestic law...untill the person actually CLAIMS asylum they could well be(and in most cases are) an illegal immigrant (except, as i say, if we "rescue them" in which case they are covered by international "refugee status")

Doesn't matter how many times you say it, or how many ways you say it, they aren't, and you're wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:24 pm

If in a country without permission you are an illegal immigrant.

You only get permission to be there after arriving surreptitiously, once you have declared yourself and made a claim to be there!!!

The act of entering without permission is itself a crime!!!

I am as right as right can be on this!!!

These people are trying to charge through borders and countries in mobs and are refusing to comply with national authorities and are refusing to declare themselves and be subject to checks and registration for any claims of asylum...

They are breaking all the rules that there are!!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:57 pm

eddie wrote:Look if I want to be a sausage I have to apply to be one, right?
Before I apply and get accepted and become a sausage,  I remain a non-sausage.

I am not a sausage.

you little sausage Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:58 pm

in which case. logically there can be no such thing as an illegal immigrant can there????

regardless of how big and bold you print it, someone arriving surreptitiously by hiding on a plane will be immediately arrested as an illegal immigrant...since you CANT be an assylum seeker...untill you CLAIM assylum.

yes I KNOW that the intent is to claim assylum....and therfore the guy IS an assylum seeker...but untill he requests that status, in law he is an illegal immigrant....

(obviously there can be no such animal as an "illegal assylum seeker" since "assylum seeker" is a perfectly lawful status)

NOW do you see what I'm getting at

as for "refugee" I understand that that is in reality an international law status and has no counterpart in domestic law...without reference to the international law....(since assylum seeker stautus is greater and "better" than refugee status)

because the obligations in Law of a nation to an assylum seeker are greater than those to refugees....

and refugee status is only "temporary" whereas assulum seeker ..if assylum is granted, is permanent.

In other words Sassy it is to do with precedent...

assylum seeker has precedent over refugee in law and if accepted into a country as a "refugee" it has two possible outcomes.....you can be sent elsewhere (if elsewhere is available) OR you can ask for assylum there ....

consider two guys ...running from the same mess....one claims assylum,and gets it granted, the other remains refugee....Then the mess is sorted and it is deemed safe back where they came from....the refugee can then be immediately deported the assylum granted one cannot....

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:59 pm

"...the staus of refugee is there to allow international law to rule over their treatment, rather than the possibly harsh domestic rules of a single nation.....

whew.......

thats my understanding of it...So tommy is "technically" both right AND wrong at the same time..."

Really... when we are only talking about countries that are all within the EU???

So your 'harsh domestic rule' caveat is simply bollocks as totally non applicable in this scenario...

So... that just leaves everything I've said as being 100% right!!!

And victor... tell your organ grinder that it was a good try...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:00 am

Double post deleted
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:05 am

Tommy Monk wrote:"...the staus of refugee is there to allow international law to rule over their treatment, rather than the possibly harsh domestic rules of a single nation.....

whew.......

thats my understanding of it...So tommy is "technically" both right AND wrong at the same time..."

Really... when we are only talking about countries that are all within the EU???

sorry Tommy as usual you are wrong again

refugee status is a UN international law

what I stated is is quite true and correct...and what I said about the reason for this law is also correct, the fact that it applied to ALL countries of course means that its requirements and practice are required of the EU countries as well....even though perhaps, we dont need it to....It is there to give a legal status to those who otherwise may have no staus in law as in displaced persons.....)

So your 'harsh domestic rule' caveat is simply bollocks as totally non applicable in this scenario...

So... that just leaves everything I've said as being 100% right!!!

And victor... tell your organ grinder that it was a good try...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:13 am

EU law guarantees same treatment throughout EU countries so doesn't apply.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:19 am

victorismyhero wrote:in which case. logically there can be no such thing as an illegal immigrant can there????

regardless of how big and bold you print it, someone arriving surreptitiously by hiding on a plane will be immediately arrested as an illegal immigrant...since you CANT be an assylum seeker...untill you CLAIM assylum.

yes I KNOW that the intent is to claim assylum....and therfore the guy IS an assylum seeker...but untill he requests that status, in law he is an illegal immigrant....

(obviously there can be no such animal as an "illegal assylum seeker" since "assylum seeker" is a perfectly lawful status)

as for "refugee" I understand that that is in reality an international law status and has no counterpart in domestic law...without reference to the international law....(since assylum seeker stautus is greater and "better" than refugee status)

because the obligations in Law of a nation to an assylum seeker are greater than those to refugees....

and refugee status is only "temporary" whereas assulum seeker ..if assylum is granted, is permanent.

assylum seeker has precedent over refugee in law and if accepted into a country as a "refugee" it has two possible outcomes.....you can be sent elsewhere (if elsewhere is available) OR you can ask for assylum there ....

consider two guys ...running from the same mess....one claims assylum,and gets it granted, the other remains refugee....Then the mess is sorted and it is deemed safe back where they came from....the refugee can then be immediately deported the assylum granted one cannot....

Wrong
To claim he is an illegal immigrant until granted asylum, is casting guilt before being granted access or denied. Where again our asylum process is far stricter than it should be making the process also subjective. So once they have claimed asylum, they are still refugees and asylum seekers, that is their status, as there has been no judgement. This you cannot make things up as you go along Victor and suddenly decide you think that makes them illegal. Well once a refugee applies for asylum, that makes them legally able to stay as a temporary citizens until processed. 

Also of which is telling and why Hungary will end up in hot water:

Article 31 of the 1951 Refugee Convention prohibits states from penalising a refugee for illegal entry when the purpose of their entry is to claim asylum

Just because the Uk is an unequal policy on the rights of refugees and asylum seekers, does not then make them illegal either, that is just silly, as illegal means ruled upon. Also a refugee can have better rights once they have become citizens. Where they are still defined as refugees from their home

Refugees have the following rights:

Articles 12 - 30 of the Refugee Convention set out the rights which individuals are entitled to once they have been recognised as Convention refugees:

• All refugees must be granted identity papers and travel documents that allow them to travel outside the country

• Refugees must receive the same treatment as nationals of the receiving country with regard to the following rights:

• Free exercise of religion and religious education
    • Free access to the courts, including legal assistance
    • Access to elementary education
    • Access to public relief and assistance
    • Protection provided by social security
    • Protection of intellectual property, such as inventions and trade names
    • Protection of literary, artistic and scientific work
    • Equal treatment by taxing authorities

• Refugees must receive the most favourable treatment provided to nationals of a foreign country with regard to the following rights:

• The right to belong to trade unions
    • The right to belong to other non-political nonprofit organizations
    • The right to engage in wage-earning employment

• Refugees must receive the most favourable treatment possible, which must be at least as favourable to that accorded aliens generally in the same circumstances, with regard to the following rights:

• The right to own property
    • The right to practice a profession
    • The right to self-employment
    • Access to housing
    • Access to higher education

• Refugees must receive the same treatment as that accorded to aliens generally with regard to the following rights:

• The right to choose their place of residence
    • The right to move freely within the country
    •  Free exercise of religion and religious education
    • Protection of intellectual property,
      such as inventions and trade names

Last edited by Cuchulain on Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:23 am

The requirement to declare yourself as an asylum seeker and be subjected to registration, checks and searches etc is The same throughout all EU countries... nothing 'harsh' about it or different in any other EU country, so...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:44 am

Cuchulain wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:in which case. logically there can be no such thing as an illegal immigrant can there????

Wrong
To claim he is an illegal immigrant until granted asylum, is casting guilt before being granted access or denied.

DOH!!!!  have you been drinking TOMMY water again didge

I thought you were brighter than that....

I SAID UNTIL HE CLAIMS ASSYLUM SEEKER STATUS....NOT untill granted assylum.....there is a rather large diifference in THAT

let me explain once again

a guy comes into the country hidden in a plane....

he walks down the concourse and is immediatley arrested by officials.....why???  because at that moment he is an illegal immigrant in law. He has entered the country illegaly
he is hauled off to the local nick ...and there he claims assylum (he may of course do THAT at the air port, but in practice its usually down the nick)

NOW things change....BECAUSE he has claimed assylum he is NO LONGER regarded in law as an illegal immigrant and becomes subject to the rights etc granted to assylum seekers...he cannot be charged with being an illegal immigrant and is subject only to such restrictions as allowable by law.

Where again our asylum process is far stricter than it should be making the process also subjective. So once they have claimed asylum, they are still refugees and asylum seekers, that is their status, as there has been no judgement. This you cannot make things up as you go along Victor and suddenly decide you think that makes them illegal. Well once a refugee applies for asylum, that makes them legally able to stay as a temporary citizens until processed. 

Also of which is telling and why Hungary will end up in hot water:

Article 31 of the 1951 Refugee Convention prohibits states from penalising a refugee for illegal entry when the purpose of their entry is to claim asylum

Just because the Uk is an unequal policy on the rights of refugees and asylum seekers, does not then make them illegal either, that is just silly, as illegal means ruled upon. Also a refugee can have better rights once they have become citizens. Where they are still defined as refugees from their home

but having become citizens of a host nation they are NO LONGER "refugees" as defined in law....the term refugee would have NO practical application as regards their staus....yes they may still be regarded as Refugees by some but thats merely semantics by that point....since the law of the nation they are in would no longer regard them as such , but rather as you said , citizens....I am not even sure the UN would recognise their continued status as refugees from that point.....

AND...once the problem in their home nation has been sorted and its safe for them to return (and that could well be interpreted as having a suitable infrastructure back up and running) a refugee, who has been kindly given shelter, but has not applied for "assylum or citizenship via other means CAN be sent back......(since the conditions under which someone is a refugee would, in that case no longer exist)

Refugees have the following rights:

Articles 12 - 30 of the Refugee Convention set out the rights which individuals are entitled to once they have been recognised as Convention refugees:

which is what I have been saying all along...to be a refugee requires UN recognition....
refugee staus is INTERNATIONAL LAW
assylum seeker is very much domestic law (since its interpertation and application can and does vary according to jurisdiction)

• All refugees must be granted identity papers and travel documents that allow them to travel outside the country

• Refugees must receive the same treatment as nationals of the receiving country with regard to the following rights:

• Free exercise of religion and religious education
    • Protection of intellectual property, such as inventions and trade names

• Refugees must receive the most favourable treatment provided to nationals of a foreign country with regard to the following rights:

• The right to belong to trade unions
    • The right to belong to other non-political nonprofit organizations
    • The right to engage in wage-earning employment

• Refugees must receive the most favourable treatment possible, which must be at least as favourable to that accorded aliens generally in the same circumstances, with regard to the following rights:

• The right to own property
    • The right to practice a profession
    • The right to self-employment
    • Access to housing
    • Access to higher education

• Refugees must receive the same treatment as that accorded to aliens generally with regard to the following rights:

• The right to choose their place of residence
    • The right to move freely within the country
    •  Free exercise of religion and religious education
    • Protection of intellectual property,
      such as inventions and trade names

strewth..its like plaiting fog...

Last edited by victorismyhero on Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:48 am

"...To claim he is an illegal immigrant until granted asylum, is casting guilt before being granted access or denied..."

Dodge you bell end... nobody can be considered as an asylum seeker until the register themselves to authorities and make their claim for asylum!!!

If in a country without permission to be there... they are an illegal immigrant!!!

Only once they have declared themselves And made a claim for asylum, do they have any legal status to be there!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:57 am

I hate to do this but......

have a alien

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:06 am

They still have rights as a refugee under international law Victor

Again you cannot arrest that person because if they are passing through a nation, as they have freedom of movement by international law. Illegal is somebody who would not even be able to pass through. Now if they had stayed for a length of time without applying then I would agree, as who defines the time frame when a person needs to submit their claim?

Its all very subjective based on a nations views more than actually applying the international law on refudees

http://www.ijrcenter.org/refugee-law/

So I disagree that they are illegal, only certain conditions would make that refugee an illegal alien when in a nation. Like I say they have freedom of movement which cannot make them illegal. Only if they attempted to stay without applying for asylum, would they then render themselves illegal.
So I think you may have not thought this through as the illegal status could only be applied under certain conditions to a refugee

Also telling how they cannot be defined as illegal is because of:

So if illegal entry does not define them as illegal, its only staying without permission that would make them illegal. Thus technically the refugee is not an illegal immigrant.
Sorry to burst your bubble Victor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:19 am

Cuchulain wrote:They still have rights as a refugee under international law Victor

BUT...if they had Refugee status....they wouldnt be entering a country hidden in an aircraft...would they? AND they would HAVE to be one of the persons agreed by the UN as being refugees....(which is the point of having the UN REFUGEE STATUS...SO THAT THERE IS NO WRIGGLE ROOM FOR LESS THAN COOPERATIVE COUNTRIES) when arrested they would have to be able to show that indeed they WERE refugees....then again of course it becomes a differnt matter....

what we have is two sets of laws, with similar but slighty different aims and interpretations, and with slightly different desired end results....its no wonder its a leagl mess......

Again you cannot arrest that person because if they are passing through a nation, as they have freedom of movement by international law. Illegal is somebody who would not even be able to pass through. Now if they had stayed for a length of time without applying then I would agree, as who defines the time frame when a person needs to submit their claim?

Its all very subjective based on a nations views more than actually applying the international law on asylum

anyhows..I'm off to bed...sleep well .....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:27 am

victorismyhero wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:They still have rights as a refugee under international law Victor

BUT...if they had Refugee status....they wouldnt be entering a country hidden in an aircraft...would they? AND they would HAVE to be one of the persons agreed by the UN as being refugees....(which is the point of having the UN REFUGEE STATUS...SO THAT THERE IS NO WRIGGLE ROOM FOR LESS THAN COOPERATIVE COUNTRIES) when arrested they would have to be able to show that indeed they WERE refugees....then again of course it becomes a differnt matter....

what we have is two sets of laws, with similar but slighty different aims and interpretations, and with slightly different desired end results....its no wonder its a leagl mess......

Its all very subjective based on a nations views more than actually applying the international law on asylum

No they have rights again under international law.
Again these rights allow for even illegal entry to a nation, so if that does not make them illegal in a nation and also they can travel through under freedom of movement, then the Police have no right to arrest them as they are not classified as illegal but refugee. Illegal entry does not deem them illegal.
If the Police stopped them and they stated they were travelling through, the Police would have to organise permits for them, because as refugees they have rights based on freedom of movement.

Freedom of movement, however, is also a key right for refugees within their host country. See, e.g., International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, arts. 12. Article 26 of the 1951 Convention provides that States shall afford refugees the right to choose their place of residence within the territory and to move freely within the State. Meanwhile, Article 28 obliges States Parties to issue refugees travel documents permitting them to travel outside the State “unless compelling reasons of national security or public order otherwise require.”

Only if a refugee stayed without applying for asylum would they then be deemed illegal. As seen law stipulates that they are given permits to travel through.
So its very much a case of refugees being legal and illegal dependent on certain conditions, as a clam to being a refugee still allows them rights.

Night mate

Last edited by Cuchulain on Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:28 am

Its all very subjective based on a nations views more than actually applying the international law on refudees

So I disagree that they are illegal, only certain conditions would make that refugee an illegal alien when in a nation. Like I say they have freedom of movement which cannot make them illegal. Only if they attempted to stay without applying for asylum, would they then render themselves illegal.
So I think you may have not thought this through as the illegal status could only be applied under certain conditions to a refugee

Also telling how they cannot be defined as illegal is because of:

which is what I am saying......

they would be ARRESTED as a suspected illegal...but then they can either clkaim assylum OR claim refugee status.....

but untill they do one or the other they can and will be held as illegals......(arrest is NOT considered in law a "penalty")

AT THE POINT they make their claim they will be immediately (or should be at least) de arrested and processed as appropriate.....

So if illegal entry does not define them as illegal, its only staying without permission that would make them illegal. Thus technically the refugee is not an illegal immigrant.
Sorry to burst your bubble Victor

in terms of say our domestic law its abit like posessing a fixed blade knife in public

it is illegal to posess a fixed blade knife in a public place

it is illegal (absolutely) to cross a countries border without either papers or permission

without good reason...proof of which is aburden upon the posessor

without good reason....proof of which is a burden upon the person crossing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:33 am

Dodge... that is a rule that means an asylum seeker can't be prosecuted for illegal entry into that particular country in which asylum claim is made... not An excuse to travel across the world through as many countries that they like!!!

You really are a twat!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:34 am

Cuchulain wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

Again these rights allow for even illegal entry to a nation, so if that does not make them illegal in a nation and also they can travel through under freedom of movement, then the Police have no right to arrest them as they are not classified as illegal but refugee.

Ya gert dope, you are looking at it upside down

YES refugee status allows them entry.......BUT they are still required to show proof that they are infact refugees.....what form that proof is in is a matter for the UN....it is generally accepted that merely claiming to be is sufficient untill proved otherwise....BUT untill they say OI...i'm a refugee....they are in fact liable to arrest....Im mean they dont come bar coded or whatever..

In the case of the syrians...I suppose its quite easy...they will be comming from a given area and will have a consistant history to recount...however they will still have to "explain them selves to someone"

Freedom of movement, however, is also a key right for refugees within their host country. See, e.g., International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, arts. 12. Article 26 of the 1951 Convention provides that States shall afford refugees the right to choose their place of residence within the territory and to move freely within the State. Meanwhile, Article 28 obliges States Parties to issue refugees travel documents permitting them to travel outside the State “unless compelling reasons of national security or public order otherwise require.”

Only if a refugee stayed without applying for asylum would they then be deemed illegal. As seen law stipulates that they are given permits to travel through.
So its very much a case of refugees being legal and illegal dependent on certain conditions, as a clam to being a refugee still allows them rights.

Night mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:36 am

Come on Victor you stated their position made them illegal
The point was on if a refugee would be deemed illegal, which clearly is not the case. Of course they are going to state refugee, as this is their status. They thus could not be detained even if they entered illegally. Where again the Police would have to issue them permits. Only if they stayed, would this nullify their rights as a refugee in that country and would then make their status illegal

So lets be fair here, a refugee in a nation cannot be classified illegal unless they illegally stay. That is the part that would change their status to illegal. So to me they can be both legal and illegal dependent on the conditions

So I thinks its fair we meet half way on this, do you not think?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:48 am

victorismyhero wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Again these rights allow for even illegal entry to a nation, so if that does not make them illegal in a nation and also they can travel through under freedom of movement, then the Police have no right to arrest them as they are not classified as illegal but refugee.

Ya gert dope, you are looking at it upside down

YES refugee status allows them entry.......BUT they are still required to show proof that they are infact refugees.....what form that proof is in is a matter for the UN....it is generally accepted that merely claiming to be is sufficient untill proved otherwise....BUT untill they say OI...i'm a refugee....they are in fact liable to arrest....Im mean they dont come bar coded or whatever..

In the case of the syrians...I suppose its quite easy...they will be comming from a given area and will have a consistant history to recount...however they will still have to "explain them selves to someone"

Night mate

All they needs is documentation to show where they have originated from.
Which is a fair point that they can be detained without documentation.
So again conditions would apply in regards to whether they are legal or illegal..
Documentation cannot prove they are actual refugees. It just helps back the claim to refugee status.
So its not technically correct to say a refugee is illegal. If they have no documentation, I do not think they can class themselves as a refugee unless some form of evidence proves they lived within a nation, where it is clear people are fleeing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:51 am

nope its the way things work....

you cant be a refugee OR an assylum seeker in the host country......untill you claim one or the other

the UN defining someone as a refugee is your "token of proof "to your claim....NOT your instant and immediate "right" (although once proven of course it grants you certain rights)

how does the cop know what you are....he doesnt..so he arrests you...and THEN you claim and prove your claim...

ok whenthere is a mass migration things may be done differently to expedite things...BUT non the less  your status IN THAT COUNTRY is illegal untill you claim otherwise

in normal conditions...ie  not 1000's all appearing at once you are going to have to show proof....

NOTE I SAID ARRESTED>>>NOT CHARGED........

It has to work like this else  no cop would be able to arrest anyone entering a country....

having refugee atatus is like having a driving licence....

you may well be stopped and required to show your driving license.....the cop is going to want to see it...in fact he CAN stop you from driving if he deems it right to do so...untill you show it (nowdays of course they can access them electronically but thats by the by) simply "saying ...i have a licence just doesnt cut it......

same as saying I'm a refugee doesnt ...in "normal times" cut it with the cop....not withsatnding the fact that if you DO say that...once down the nick he is obliged to put in motion the apporpriate processes...but he can still "hold you" untill what you say is proved.....

ahhh...your last post beat me to it.....

I think we are agreed at last......

the problem being I understand how law is applied "practically" rather than "like what it is wrote"

interpretation ...... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:57 am

lol, that was fun and very interesting.

All the best

Night Victor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:00 am

Never read into law what is not there....

"the meaning of the word in law shall be the plain meaning of the word in english" (as defined by the OED)

like the bit aboyut providing travel documents to allow travel outside of the host nation

now what does THAT mean

It does NOT mean provide a passport ...OR documents permitting travel into another country regardless of the next countries wishes

What it means is IF your country is one of those strange places where you need permission as a citizen to leave (not too many these days thankfully), then you MUST, regardless, allow refugees to leave if they so wish AND provide them with the necessary documents to do so (designed to stop some nations from entrapping refugees for exploitation....)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:01 am

right off to bed

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:44 am

I have read all the posts, I don't care what you call 'em, there's still too many of them trying to get where they aren't wanted!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:56 am

I look at all these thousands and thousands of fit looking young men fighting to get into Europe and think, Why don't you stay and fight for your country instead of running away?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:36 am

nicko wrote:I look at all these thousands and thousands of fit looking young men fighting to get into Europe and think,    Why don't you stay and fight for your country instead of running away?

young men who seem happy to let their wives and children be killed and raped while they run off to somewhere safe...

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:56 am

Vicar Of Dibley wrote:
eddie wrote:Look if I want to be a sausage I have to apply to be one, right?
Before I apply and get accepted and become a sausage,  I remain a non-sausage.

I am not a sausage.

you little sausage Razz

I'm so glad someone saw me as a sausage cheers
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:59 am

So.....perhaps it's easier to ask this question?

What's an illegal immigrant then?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:56 am

I answered that too... someone who is in a country without legal status... having arrived illegally, not having permission to be there, or overstayed their legal permission to be there...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next