NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees

3 posters

Go down

Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees Empty Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:20 pm

The singer and aid campaigner says the political response to the crisis so far has been a "sickening disgrace".

Bob Geldof has offered to accommodate four refugee families in his London and Kent homes as Europe struggles comes to terms with the scale of the humanitarian crisis.
The aid campaigner and singer said he felt sick at seeing images of three-year-old Syrian Aylan Kurdi's body being washed up on a Turkish beach.
"I look at it with profound shame and a monstrous betrayal of who we are and what we wish to be," he told RTÉ Radio One in Ireland.
"We are in a moment currently now that will be discussed and impacted on in 300 years’ time."
He said he would open the doors to his family home as a personal response to the growing refugee crisis.

[list=gallery__list]
[*]Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees Cegrab-20150904-112824-0-1-589x442

[*]Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees Cegrab-20150904-112502-0-1-589x442
Gallery: Funeral Of Drowned Aylan Kurdi And Family
[/list]

"I'm prepared - I'm lucky, I've a place in Kent and a flat in London - me and (partner) Jeanne would be prepared to take three families immediately in our place in Kent and a family in our flat in London, immediately, and put them up until such time as they can get going and get a purchase on their future."
The dean of York Minster, the Very Reverend Vivienne Faull, has also offered to house a refugee family and has urged the government to offer more support to those fleeing war.
"I understand Britain is providing considerable help through its overseas aid budget but it is now clear that this is not providing an adequate solution and we need to do more to help those in desperate need," she said. 
Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees Cegrab-20150904-114545-0-1-736x414

Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees Play-icon

Video: Who Accepts The Most Refugees?
Geldof criticised the limited response from governments to date and said he decided to put his money where his mouth is.
"I've known, you've known, and everyone listening has known that the b******s we talk about, our values, are complete nonsense," he said.
"Once it comes home to roost we deny those values, we betray ourselves, but those values are correct, and it happens time and time again.
Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees Cegrab-20150904-102544-0-1-736x414

Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees Play-icon

Video: PM On Refugees: 'We Will Do More'
"So we are better than this, we genuinely are.
"All of this is happening now. We must have the politics and the humanity to deal with it. It makes me sick and a concert won't do it," he added.
Both Geldof and Dean Faull made the comments before the UK Prime Minister confirmed that Britain would accept “thousands more” Syrian refugees.

http://news.sky.com/story/1546777/bob-geldof-offers-his-home-to-syrian-refugees

and

YORK Minster authorities have offered to take in a refugee family as the international humanitarian crisis intensifies.
The Dean of York, the Very Rev Vivienne Faull has also offered to convene a meeting to discuss a broader response, as calls mount for increased British action.
Dean Faull was speaking following the publication of photographs of Alan Kurdi, the three-year-old Syrian boy found dead on a Turkish beach after a boat carrying refugees capsized.
She said York had a long history of offering sanctuary to those in need. Most recently, in 1999, the city gave temporary shelter to 90 Kosovan Albanians rescued from overcrowded refugee camps.
Dean Faull said: "I understand that we (Britain) have been providing money for refugee camps, but it is quite clear that they are not providing an adequate solution at the moment.
""We have huge pressures on our economy. But I think all of us are seeing such desperation that I would urge the government to respond."

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/13645234.York_Minster_offers_to_house_refugees_as_demands_for_British_action_mount/

and

Cairo (AFP) - Egyptian billionaire Naguib Sawiris has offered to buy an island off Greece or Italy and develop it to help hundreds of thousands of people fleeing from Syria and other conflicts.

The telecoms tycoon first announced the initiative on Twitter.
"Greece or Italy sell me an island, I'll call its independence and host the migrants and provide jobs for them building their new country," he wrote.
More than 2,300 people have died at sea trying to reach Europe since January, many of them Syrians who fled their country's four-and-a-half year conflict.
Sawiris said in a television interview that he would approach the governments of Greece and Italy about his plan.
Asked by AFP whether he believed it could work, he said: "Of course it's feasible."
"You have dozens of islands which are deserted and could accommodate hundreds of thousands of refugees."
Sawiris said an island off Greece or Italy could cost between $10 million and $100 million, but added the "main thing is investment in infrastructure".
There would be "temporary shelters to house the people, then you start employing the people to build housing, schools, universities, hospitals.
"And if things improve, whoever wants to go back (to their homeland) goes back," said Sawiris, whose family developed the popular El Gouna resort on Egypt's Red Sea coast.
He conceded such a plan could face challenges, including the likely difficulty of persuading Greece or Italy to sell an island, and figuring out jurisdiction and customs regulations.
But those who took shelter would be treated as "human beings," he said. "The way they are being treated now, they are being treated like cattle."
Sawiris is the chief executive of Orascom TMT, which operates mobile telephone networks in a number of Middle Eastern and African countries plus Korea as well as underwater communications networks.
He also owns an Egyptian television channel.

http://news.yahoo.com/egypt-billionare-offers-buy-med-island-refugees-154413262.html

cheers

Back to top Go down

Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees Empty Re: Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:19 pm

his daughters house is still empty as well. a dozen or s could live there
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees Empty Re: Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:35 pm

Not his is it, it's her daughters.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:12 pm

sassy wrote:Not his is it, it's her daughters.
glad to see you prefer properties to remain empty now.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:13 pm

you havea spare room, how many are you going to take. Or do you only talk the talk?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:13 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
glad to see you prefer properties to remain empty now.

Don't be a stupid fart all your life, you said he could hand over his daughter's home, I said it wasn't his to hand over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:15 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
you havea  spare room, how many are you going to take. Or do you only talk the talk?

I don't have a spare room as I have my Dad a lot of the time, but I am doing other things to help.  So what are you doing?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:09 pm

I'm doing nothing. Not sure what I can do when there are so many other things I am doing.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:39 pm

Well it's good that he's doing something with that huge estate other than potter around in it. Besides, he needs some publicity these days, what with the HIV issue not being in the news so much.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Well it's good that he's doing something with that huge estate other than potter around in it. Besides, he needs some publicity these days, what with the HIV issue not being in the news so much.

You'd make a great columnist. I'd read your columns and I'd think, there's someone who writes the truth then puts in some dark humour!

Not everyone gets dark humour but I quite like it lol!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:30 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Well it's good that he's doing something with that huge estate other than potter around in it. Besides, he needs some publicity these days, what with the HIV issue not being in the news so much.

You'd make a great columnist. I'd read your columns and I'd think, there's someone who writes the truth then puts in some dark humour!

Not everyone gets dark humour but I quite like it lol!

I'm glad someone does. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:33 pm

Nor sure why Bob Geldof is famous , his appearance is scruffy and he looks like he could do with a good wash , yeah he did band aid and a few songs but other than that he is pretty dull (in my opinon )

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:45 pm

I sort of go from liking and admiring him, to thinking he's a bit of a wally.

He's done more good than not so he should be commended really.
He's done some real good in the world.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:49 pm

eddie wrote:I sort of go from liking and admiring him, to thinking he's a bit of a wally.

He's done more good than not so he should be commended really.
He's done some real good in the world.

He does have a good heart i agree , but why don't all the rich celebrities just donate a million pounds to red nose day instead of scrounging off the British public , they could still do their performance and let us sit back be entertained Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:50 pm

I always ignore rich celebrities who demand that the public give money to their favourite causes. I'll decide what my favourite causes are myself.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:51 pm

Hahaha good point

You realise you've got a really stupid username? Whenever someone wants to address you they're going to write lol for short and it's not always going to make sense! lol!

I'm going to call you Doris.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:57 pm

eddie wrote:Hahaha good point

You realise you've got a really stupid username? Whenever someone wants to address you they're going to write lol for short and it's not always going to make sense! lol!

I'm going to call you Doris.

Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees 2681620681 that's okay Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees 2681620681 Doris is good Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees 2681620681

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:01 pm

Good thanks Doris Bob Geldof Offers His Home To Syrian Refugees 2300614393
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down