NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!?

+3
veya_victaous
Fuzzy Zack
Tommy Monk
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do we have enough immigrants here now?

Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Vote_lcap36%Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Vote_lcap18%Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Vote_lcap0%Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Vote_lcap0%Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Vote_lcap9%Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Vote_lcap36%Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 11

Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Empty Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!?

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:59 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11822912/Number-of-foreigners-living-in-Britain-will-top-eight-million-for-the-first-time-says-report.html

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/600739/Britain-migrants-eight-million

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3210226/Number-people-living-Britain-born-abroad-tops-EIGHT-MILLION-time-migration-soars.html

SIX KEY FACTS
Net migration nearly quadrupled from 48,000 in 1997 to 185,000 in 2003. Once the East Europeans had been granted free movement in 2004 it peaked at 320,000 in the year ending June 2005. Net foreign migration under Labour was 3.6 million, two thirds coming from outside the EU.

In 2013 over half a million migrants arrived in Britain, more than the total population of Bradford. In the same year 314,000 migrants left so net migration was 212,000.

We must build a new home every seven minutes for new migrants for the next 20 years or so.

England (not the UK) is the second most crowded country in Europe, after the Netherlands, excluding island and city states.

The UK population is projected to grow by over 9 million (9.4m) in just 25 years’ time, increasing from 64 million in 2013 to 73 million by 2039. Of this increase, about two thirds is projected to be due to future migrants and their children - the equivalent of the current populations of Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Bradford, Manchester, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Bristol, Cardiff, Newcastle, Belfast and Aberdeen.

To keep the population of the UK below 70 million, net migration must be reduced to around 40,000 a year. It would then peak in mid-century at just under 70 million (about 69.7 million).

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/

Then when we remember the democratic will of the British people....

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/01/07/uk-britain-immigration-survey-idUKBREA0600F20140107

What the fuck is going on!!!???

Our public services and infrastructures are crumbling under the strain!!!

Our national security and food production security is shot to shit!!!

Continued mass immigration is complete economic madness!!!

When is enough actually enough!!!???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Empty Re: Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!?

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:09 pm

I see some idiot is completely out of touch with reality and the democratic will of the British people.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Empty Re: Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:24 pm

Is this true?
The 8 million figure refers to the number of people living in the UK who were not born in Britain. According to ONS data, the figure in 2013 was 7.9 million. An increase in net migration since is likely to have pushed that past 8 million. However, the number includes British nationals who were born abroad. The latest estimate for non-UK born, non-UK nationals living in Britain is 4.9 million, the ONS said, just under 8% of the population (or one in 13 people). Related: Non-UK born residents likely to exceed 8 million in latest figures, thinktank says. Notable examples of Britons born abroad include Boris Johnson, Joanna Lumley and Mo Farah. Would you consider the mayor of London or the Olympic gold medallist and world champion foreigners? The standfirst of the Daily Telegraph story also seems to infer a connection between the 8 million figure and the “migrant crisis that continues to engulf Europe”. But there is no connection between the two. Between 2,000 and 5,000 migrants have reached Calais, which is between 1% and 2.5% of the more than 200,000 who have arrived in Italy and Greece. Moreover, Britain has received a fraction of the asylum seekers in the EU: Germany deals with more in a month than the UK does in a year.

Is 8 million people a big number?
8 million is about 12.5% of the UK population, or one in eight people. Although the figure has increased over the past decade, from 8.9% in 2004, there is not an “immigrant population” that can be considered too large or too small in absolute terms. The figure is a reflection of recent migration flows and a country’s history. Official data shows the UK proportion is higher than in Italy (9.5%) and slightly more than France (12%). It is slightly less than Spain (13%). And it is lower than Belgium (16%), Sweden (16%), Switzerland (27%) and Australia (28%). Related: 10 truths about Europe’s migrant crisis.  In Germany, 20.3% of the population has a migrant background, while there are 10.9 million immigrants living in the country (about 13.5% of the population). The UK is not exceptional in this regard.

Do such errors matter?
The issue in this case is more than just a cavalier use of statistics. There are risks when the perception of an issue and the facts do not align. It generates fear among the public (concern for immigration is at an all-time high in the UK) and in turn this makes it more difficult for politicians and policymakers to act in a cool-headed manner, especially if they are worried about their approval ratings.

So why would anyone want to mislead in this way?
If you wanted to advocate tighter border controls or make a case against immigration, helping create a context in which the public believes the number of foreigners is higher than it actually is – or stretching the very definition of the term to give it a pejorative twist – would be a smart tactic.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/reality-check/2015/aug/26/daily-telegraph-8-million-foreigners-britain

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:30 pm

The guardian... says it all really...

The ONS says that only 50,000 romanians came here in the last year while 150,000 applied for national insurance numbers!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:32 pm

Those voting for more are like someone drowning in a flood voting for more water...

Madness!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:37 pm

OMG hordes of humans beings are coming to live on a land where other humans live.

The horror.

The absurdity of humanity, thinking they can claim lordship over lands they have no entittlement to own over others.

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace,

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Fuck off!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:43 pm

My brother is counted as one of them as he was born in Singapore while my Dad was in the RAF.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:44 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Fuck off!!!

It isn't hard to do
And no religion too

But I'm not the only one

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:52 pm

The govt were elected under a promise to bring immigration down to tens of thousands from hundreds of thousands...

We cannot control immigration while remaining in the EU!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:56 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The govt were elected under a promise to bring immigration down to tens of thousands from hundreds of thousands...

We cannot control immigration while remaining in the EU!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:04 pm

Action needs to be taken to regain control over our borders and our country.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:29 pm

I prefer a LIFO system myself...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Anyone care to identify themselves by their votes here and reasons why...!!!???

I won't hold my breath...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:26 pm

LOL Razz Razz Razz
yay Democracy cheers cheers cheers
The right good thing has won... although only by a hair

Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Britim10
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:27 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:I see some idiot is completely out of touch with reality and the democratic will of the British people.

I thin we should stop the rise of net immigration but using a FIFO-LILO system.

I'll pack the queen's bags, you call an Afghan taxi driver.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:00 am

Cuchulain wrote:

It isn't hard to do
And no religion too

But I'm not the only one

You're a dreamer.

Nice sentiment but life doesn't work like that, maybe it will one day. There's space enough in the world for a reasonable population to have a good life, the problem is humans breed like viruses, we are crowding ourselves out of a decent life, here in Britain and elsewhere, humans are suffering other species are suffering and the planet as a whole is suffering. We are piling up problems for future generations. Some people won't be happy until we're shoulder to shoulder and like sheep behind a storm wall on a snowy night pushing and shoving to get into the centre while the ones on each end get shoved out into the night only to trot into the centre to try to push in again, only humans of course are more aggressive than sheep and they certainly won't just push and shove for the best position, as has been amply displayed in Greece and other European countries thes last few weeks.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:30 am

Pretty good post vintage.

I would like tighter measures without a doubt; there are simply was too many people on this tiny island and not enough of everything to go round.

Yes, we can blame the government for not building more houses etc - but if they do, just keep building to accommodate.....well Der! we will run out of land at some point.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:40 am

Vintage wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

It isn't hard to do
And no religion too

But I'm not the only one

You're a dreamer.

Nice sentiment but life doesn't work like that, maybe it will one day. There's space enough in the world for a reasonable population to have a good life, the problem is humans breed like viruses, we are crowding ourselves out of a decent life, here in Britain and elsewhere, humans are suffering other species are suffering and the planet as a whole is suffering. We are piling up problems for future generations. Some people won't be happy until we're shoulder to shoulder and like sheep behind a storm wall on a snowy night pushing and shoving to get into the centre while the ones on each end get shoved out into the night only to trot into the centre to try to push in again, only humans of course are more aggressive than sheep and they certainly won't just push and shove for the best position, as has been amply displayed in Greece and other European countries thes last few weeks.

Actually I am a realist and know more than anything that some humans are for selfish reasons stopping themselves being humane. We know the vast majority of humans are humane, but allow as here only to look out for some humans and not all. The world functions as basically one today, where each nations helps each other through exports and imports. Yes the world population is getting bigger and needs to be controlled on a global and scale and not view to think some land we are born to allows us to deny others the right and need to settle here. The moment you descend down the path of selfishly looking out for a set of humans with a limited geography area, you will eventually have society descend into anarchy. At present countless thousand are fleeing oppression, their needs are a priority and to deny them based off you needing and others space is centered on selfish reasoning. Now I know you are not generally a selfish person because you are there for family and those local, but that is where the looking to help others starts to wain for you and many others. So not having a go, this happens to many people, we allow fear to set in Where we tend to look after those closet to us the most Though to want to help, means wanting to help all, otherwise the concept of helping is meaningless as its based on selfish reasoning/ So the more around the world this view takes hold, where already  many nations need the resources of others, it will have come too late. Selfish nations will have withdrawn within themselves  not helping others. Thus when they will in the end need help., then other now selfish nations will ignore our plea. Society here would then descend into anarchy as it would in the majority of the world where they need the resources of others/ The path many now seek will only ends in misery and hardship for this country. It is the same for others. Only when  we throw away this selfish views as do others and the world works together, can then the population problem be tackled. We have the capability to take more people and need to anyone heavily so with the huge growing disparity of age groups. That by 2050 a quarter of the population will be the elderly. Who will because of people living longer will need far more young people to help cope with being able to look after the elderly. Who through no fault of their own, that being older makes a person more susceptible to illness and health, thus needed far more people to be employed to help medically and with assistance for them. Hence why immigration is vital and will be needed for years to come.

So I very much am a realist that can very much see the path people are wishing to chose will lead them to real disaster. Yes the world population needs to be tackled, closing up shop is not really the answer as seen. You have a great heart as you help many people, it just needs further extending out to others who need to come here and live. So I understand your views and not being horrible either, I just thinks people are  allowing negative emotions to cloud their reasoning here s that will only lead down a bad path until you reach a point of no return.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:59 am

eddie wrote:Pretty good post vintage.

I would like tighter measures without a doubt; there are simply was too many people on this tiny island and not enough of everything to go round.

Yes, we can blame the government for not building more houses etc - but if they do, just keep building to accommodate.....well Der! we will run out of land at some point.

not even close to very populated, 64th for population density

I believe the attitude expressed by eddie combined with historical injustice means that it is Morally acceptable to invade the UK to allow a better more reasonable people to live there.
Brits have become obsolete if they feel that way, evolution says it is time for them to be removed for a more socially advanced peoples.

this is what has happened to every other peoples that felt that way it is only fair.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:09 am

Vintage wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

It isn't hard to do
And no religion too

But I'm not the only one

You're a dreamer.

You're not a realist, you feel hook line and sinker for the great lie

0.1% (not even a whole 1%) control 81% of the worlds resources.
So if the rest of us 99.9% can make do with 19% of the resources if we remove the top 0.1% then we would have almost 5 times the amount of resources available to the 99.9%.

another way to look at is we could have almost 5 times more people and the amount of resources available to 99.9% of the world population would be the same as now.

Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? CMNswEMUYAA3TNt

Immigration... numbers of foreign born reach record levels... are we full yet!? Global_Distribution_of_Wealth_v3
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:25 am

Lets try by land area veya..... Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:33 am

veya_victaous wrote:

I believe the attitude expressed by eddie combined with historical injustice means that it is Morally acceptable to invade the UK to allow a better more reasonable people to live there.
Brits have become obsolete if they feel that way, evolution says it is time for them to be removed for a more socially advanced peoples.

this is what has happened to every other peoples that felt that way it is only fair.

Tell you what. We'll all come to Australia, and you lot can move into the middle of Australia to make room for us all. You can cope - you have loads of room there. Twisted Evil
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:37 am

But they can't get the hand outs they get here!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:40 am

It's not just houses, it's new roads, more traffic, more people clogging up the pavements wherever you go ... Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:45 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Vintage wrote:

You're a dreamer.

Actually I am a realist and know more than anything that some humans are for selfish reasons stopping themselves being humane. We know the vast majority of humans are humane, but allow as here only to look out for some humans and not all. The world functions as basically one today, where each nations helps each other through exports and imports. Yes the world population is getting bigger and needs to be controlled on a global and scale and not view to think some land we are born to allows us to deny others the right and need to settle here. The moment you descend down the path of selfishly looking out for a set of humans with a limited geography area, you will eventually have society descend into anarchy. At present countless thousand are fleeing oppression, their needs are a priority and to deny them based off you needing and others space is centered on selfish reasoning. Now I know you are not generally a selfish person because you are there for family and those local, but that is where the looking to help others starts to wain for you and many others. So not having a go, this happens to many people, we allow fear to set in Where we tend to look after those closet to us the most Though to want to help, means wanting to help all, otherwise the concept of helping is meaningless as its based on selfish reasoning/ So the more around the world this view takes hold, where already  many nations need the resources of others, it will have come too late. Selfish nations will have withdrawn within themselves  not helping others. Thus when they will in the end need help., then other now selfish nations will ignore our plea. Society here would then descend into anarchy as it would in the majority of the world where they need the resources of others/ The path many now seek will only ends in misery and hardship for this country. It is the same for others. Only when  we throw away this selfish views as do others and the world works together, can then the population problem be tackled. We have the capability to take more people and need to anyone heavily so with the huge growing disparity of age groups. That by 2050 a quarter of the population will be the elderly. Who will because of people living longer will need far more young people to help cope with being able to look after the elderly. Who through no fault of their own, that being older makes a person more susceptible to illness and health, thus needed far more people to be employed to help medically and with assistance for them. Hence why immigration is vital and will be needed for years to come.

So I very much am a realist that can very much see the path people are wishing to chose will lead them to real disaster. Yes the world population needs to be tackled, closing up shop is not really the answer as seen. You have a great heart as you help many people, it just needs further extending out to others who need to come here and live. So I understand your views and not being horrible either, I just thinks people are  allowing negative emotions to cloud their reasoning here s that will only lead down a bad path until you reach a point of no return.

How do you propose to tackle world population then?

It's absurd to say that anyone should be able to go anywhere en masse. Would you approve of a load of people going to a country and chucking out all the people there on the grounds that those people have no right to that country?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:07 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

It's absurd to say that anyone should be able to go anywhere en masse. Would you approve of a load of people going to a country and chucking out all the people there on the grounds that those people have no right to that country?  

There are many ways to help tackle the problems.
Education for a start, where not all the world is literate. Mnay women in areas of low literacy do not in many cases realise they have rights. In many cases they may not even decide how many children they want as this is denied them the ability to decide for themselves.
Religious beliefs is also ensuring that populations spiral out of control because of belief systems that have no evidence.
For example the view to not have forms of birth control. The heads of religions that export these views around the world clearly are having to much influence over peoples lives as they in places like Africa have a percentage of people who cannot even read. They take a subjective view formed on denying birth control and make it a sin to use birth control. Religion is a major problem here. through beliefs on brith control. People need to be responsible themselves when planning families, where when planning a family they must also think of what they are going to leave t heir children behind to deal with. Plenty of things we can do

How is it absurd. The belief around ownership of lands is based around invented boundaries. Now we know animals leave their scent to claim a territory is theirs, but they never own it and many species share this lands.  Yet humans think they can decide who can and who cannot migrate. Think about what you are saying. Humans born with privalidge, because they never created the infrustructure we have. Due to selfish reasons as stated wish to deny helping people. You are just one of over 60 million people on these lands, where you are only born to these lands because your ancestors migrated here. Wanting to deny people a chance just like you were given by being born here. Its absurd. Yes contols are needed and so does the influx, but we will need immigration for a years to come to balance the age gap. AThe majority of countries need to play their part in taking in those fleeing from violence also.

Your reasoning as i explained in my previous post is "I am alright jack" but stuff the rest of the world. When people take this poor reasoning it is a slippery slope, where many of us are realiant on others in many aspects of our lives. From being born we need to be looked after and raised, to food being cultivated so there is enough food for you to buy to eat To many other problems and then later in life when we are elderly. Doctors spend years of study so they are able to help you when  you are ill. Some people run the sewage systems, I could go on the list is endless but this country cannot sustain itself off its own resources.

You fail to grap the world only functions by the ability of people world over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:14 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Education for a start, where not all the world is literate. Mnay women in areas of low literacy do not in many cases realise they have rights. In many cases they may not even decide how many children they want as this is denied them the ability to decide for themselves.
Religious beliefs is also ensuring that populations spiral out of control because of belief systems that have no evidence.
For example the view to not have forms of birth control. The heads of religions that export these views around the world clearly are having to much influence over peoples lives as they in places like Africa have a percentage of people who cannot even read. They take a subjective view formed on denying birth control and make it a sin to use birth control. Religion is a major problem here. through beliefs on brith control. People need to be responsible themselves when planning families, where when planning a family they must also think of what they are going to leave t heir children behind to deal with. Plenty of things we can do

How is it absurd. The belief around ownership of lands is based around invented boundaries. Now we know animals leave their scent to claim a territory is theirs, but they never own it and many species share this lands.  Yet humans think they can decide who can and who cannot migrate. Think about what you are saying. Humans born with privalidge, because they never created the infrustructure we have. Due to selfish reasons as stated wish to deny helping people. You are just one of over 60 million people on these lands, where you are only born to these lands because your ancestors migrated here. Wanting to deny people a chance just like you were given by being born here. Its absurd. Yes contols are needed and so does the influx, but we will need immigration for a years to come to balance the age gap. AThe majority of countries need to play their part in taking in those fleeing from violence also.

Your reasoning as i explained in my previous post is "I am alright jack" but stuff the rest of the world. When people take this poor reasoning it is a slippery slope, where many of us are realiant on others in many aspects of our lives. From being born we need to be looked after and raised, to food being cultivated so there is enough food for you to buy to eat To many other problems and then later in life when we are elderly. Doctors spend years of study so they are able to help you when  you are ill. Some people run the sewage systems, I could go on the list is endless but this country cannot sustain itself off its own resources.

When my ancestors migrated here, there was a lot more room and no benefit system.

Do you approve of Hitler's expansionist policies then? After all, the people in the neighbouring countries didn't own them according to you.

If this goes on, a lot of countries will be empty apart from the warring parties because all the others will have left, and other countries will collapse under the weight of huge populations.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

When my ancestors migrated here, there was a lot more room and no benefit system.

Do you approve of Hitler's expansionist policies then? After all, the people in the neighbouring countries didn't own them according to you.

If this goes on, a lot of countries will be empty apart from the warring parties because all the others will have left, and other countries will collapse under the weight of huge populations.

How does that make any of your views any less selfish on sharing these lands?, Where you think you can deny people coming here when clearly youre ancestors were not denied, the point you miss. S

Your next point has to be most absurd so far, where did I say anywhere to expand any territory? My view would be in an ideal world to have no boundaries, as what need would you have of them if humans have evolved to the next step in evolutioin where they had ceased to be selfish, violent, hateful etc.

Nobody does really own them, all that has happened is laws are passed, by people creating judges to enact those laws. Everything has been invented, but nobody really owns any land. Its all based on made up legalities.

Anyway you are not addressing any of the points made in both posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:51 pm

I actually don't think you believe your own view Didge. This "free for all" policy you have doesn't really ring true.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:01 pm

Didge...ALL laws are "made up"

IF as you claim the laws relating to land ownership are invalid as a result of this then you are firstly legitimising ANY "land grab by any "power" (including isis), since if "no one2 owns a praticulat piece of land ...who is to say who can have "occupancy" of it?

if everyone in the worls suddenly decided that ireland was the most desirable place to be and tried to "live" there dont you rather think that would cause contention, not to mention that nobody would be able to do anything?

and secondly if the laws of land ownership are "artificial" and invalid for that reason, so are ALL other laws, including those which give you any sort of right to anything.

this is true simply because there is NO SUCH THING as a RIGHT, outside of the sphere of law...

take the most fundamental...the right to life....

who says???

mmmmmmm????

without law you DONT have the right to life, except by what YOU by main strength and cunning can enforce.

back to the jungle......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I actually don't think you believe your own view Didge. This "free for all" policy you have doesn't really ring true.

Which you have every right to believe Rags
Never even claimed we should have a free for all. My view is in an ideal world there would be no need or even be a need or borders. We humans are takers, where we take everything for granted we can take what we want without the conseqiuences. My view was to show that such poor negative views, as many of them most certainly are lack validity to argue against immigrants. That is back up by 4 people calling to stop immigration altogether on the vote and even worse remove people.
My point which you so poorly missed again, is that you and others base selfish reasoning to deny immigration based off the view of" looking out for your own.". Whether that be yourself, your family of those in this country. We have to have border controls because that is how the world works with migration. It does not mean I appprove how the world is operating does it Rags.
Mt main issue here is based on those with negative reasoning which countless points in history shows that when a majority of people go down that road, it spells many problems as I have pointed out already. Again the world functions together and thus to argue to seeking to look out for your own based on infrustructure is flawed. When we can certainly build more as we have done over the years and where again we are going to need even more people which migrants generally are to help with the increased need of people to help by 2050 a quarter of people who will be elderly. Again I have been over all of this, and now am having to waste time repeating myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:08 pm

victorismyhero wrote:Didge...ALL laws are "made up"

IF as you claim the laws relating to land ownership are invalid as a result of this then you are firstly legitimising ANY "land grab by any "power" (including isis), since if "no one2 owns a praticulat piece of land ...who is to say who can have "occupancy" of it?

if everyone in the worls suddenly decided that ireland was the most desirable place to be and tried to "live" there dont you rather think that would cause contention, not to mention that nobody would be able to do anything?

and secondly if the laws of land ownership are "artificial" and invalid for that reason, so are ALL other laws, including those which give you any sort of right to anything.

this is true simply because there is NO SUCH THING as a RIGHT, outside of the sphere of law...

take the most fundamental...the right to life....

who says???

mmmmmmm????

without law you DONT have the right to life, except by what YOU by main strength and cunning can enforce.

back to the jungle......

Laws are inventions, ownership of lands are taken by force and power, those at the top the elite.
You need to read back on my points, as my point is more on people wanting to deny all immigration and even send some away living here.
Again there is no valid arguiment where now you make a hypothetical unlikely view all would want to go to Ireland, where again I stressed already on countries do their bit to help.
I am not saying we should not have laws Victor.
I am saying that those that have most of the lands in the world had been passed onto them or were created by wars and millions dying. To then have people from the major powers carve up whats left.
So you are going way off my point.
I have already said you need to have some controls, because of the way the world operates and of course threats like terrorism, criminals etc.
The point was being made that people here and of 4 of them are backing a selfish stance to deny immigration based off they wrongly think to deny others a chance to live here. To me even worse depiorted people for no other reason based on a subjective number to how many can live here, would mean families lives ruined by some selfish people and they offer no rational reason as to who would have to go? Out of millions here?
If they want all to go, well then the UK will turn into anarchy within weeks asbuisness cannot cope, the NHS would collaspe etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Anyway Victor, be back in a bit mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Maybe then we need to look at other aspects of the situation...

and perhaps the first to come under the microscope is the doctrine of "mulitculturalism"

now I stand to be corrected, but as I understand multiculturalism is basically encouraging a "foreign" culture to keep ITS characteristics and mores whilst living in a "host" country (note the use of "XXX" to denote "for want od a better word"), EVEN when those culural items offend and or clash with those of the "host" culture.

It is ever more clear as numbers increase that in fact "multiculturalism" is a failure, being the greatest barrier to "integration". It encourages isolation of pockets of culurally paralysed and static groups. It serves to identify such groups as "other" and provides for easy targets for those who wish harm. To an extent it encourages a "ghetto mentality" within the sub culture that exists therein.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:50 pm

Doctrine of Multiculturalism?
Never knew there was one, but of my understanding of Muliticulturalism is that of a nation multicultured, of which we most definately are.. Are food, music, clothing, art. Though there are many defiinitions.
Now there are some that do come to this country that have practicies which effect the well being and equality of others. Things like FGM, forced marriage etc. These are not maintained or backed, though utterly slow in bringing laws to deal with them. Having said that there is only some people within these cultures that practice which we need to eradicate from existance. There is always going to be some parts of cultures that clash, but by and large people who come from 270 nationalities living in this country, shows we are in fact very much multicultured. We are never going to maintain or even approve of laws that effect the well being and equality of people. The failings was not to address these problems with criminal laws from the start.

So would I say it has failed? Well that is saying it would have been an utter failure in every apsect when as seen it is in the main, where countless cultures have combined succesful in many areas. You only concentrate on some of bad ones, which we never maintain anyway another meaning claimed of Multiculturalism. So I would not say it was a success or a failure and it is an ongoing situation. So to argue off some cultures when there is now within the UK over 270, where the staggering majorty are maintained shows you claim failure based off some of the people within some cultures.
Again the equality of the law for all will supercede any belief system, hence why some cultural practices are never going to be maintained. That does not mean its a failure. What is a failure is the authorities to protect groups like those forced into marriage and victims of FGM etc.

Right catch you later Victor,

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:56 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I actually don't think you believe your own view Didge. This "free for all" policy you have doesn't really ring true.

Never even claimed we should have a free for all. My view is in an ideal world there would be no need or even be a need or borders. We humans are takers, where we take everything for granted we can take what we want without the conseqiuences. My view was to show that such poor negative views, as many of them most certainly are lack validity to argue against immigrants. That is back up by 4 people calling to stop immigration  altogether on the vote and even worse remove people.
My point which you so poorly missed again, is that you and others base selfish reasoning to deny immigration based off the view of" looking out for your own.". Whether that be yourself, your family of those in this country. We have to have border controls because that is how the world works with migration. It does not mean I appprove how the world is operating does it Rags.
Mt main issue here is based on those with negative reasoning which countless points in history shows that when a majority of people go down that road, it spells many problems as I have pointed out already. Again the world functions together and thus to argue to seeking to look out for your own based on infrustructure is flawed. When we can certainly build more as we have done over the years and where again we are going to need even more people which migrants generally are to help with the increased need of people to help by 2050 a quarter of people who will be elderly. Again I have been over all of this, and now am having to waste time repeating myself.

So you think that humans are takers. Why then do you think that it's OK for them to be takers, and that Brits should be givers - ie, give anyone who comes here what they want?

Tribal people look out for themselves, and for their own people - do you consider them selfish?

Do you think that the people in countries Hitler wanted were being selfish because they didn't want the Germans to take over? Do you think that native Americans who didn't want to give up their land were selfish? Do you even think they had a right to that land? Do you think that Zionism is wrong? After all, that relies on the idea of a homeland for Jews.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Never even claimed we should have a free for all. My view is in an ideal world there would be no need or even be a need or borders. We humans are takers, where we take everything for granted we can take what we want without the conseqiuences. My view was to show that such poor negative views, as many of them most certainly are lack validity to argue against immigrants. That is back up by 4 people calling to stop immigration  altogether on the vote and even worse remove people.

So you think that humans are takers. Why then do you think that it's OK for them to be takers, and that Brits should be givers - ie, give anyone who comes here what they want?

Tribal people look out for themselves, and for their own people - do you consider them selfish?

Do you think that the people in countries Hitler wanted were being selfish because they didn't want the Germans to take over? Do you think that native Americans who didn't want to give up their land were selfish? Do you even think they had a right to that land? Do you think that Zionism is wrong? After all, that relies on the idea of a homeland for Jews.

Point 1) Absurd again, we already are takers by claiming the land for ourselves through citizenship. Just as every other country are takers claiming lands. Everyone should give so again your reasoning is abusrd. People like millions of Syrians are fleeing for their lives and you think they should give at present. I mean they have already given up their whole lives just to find safety, to then have you Rags say, "Sorry I am a taker and do not want to share" Also people are coming here to be part of this nation.

Point 2)Absurd again, are these people now tribal people coming here?  Tribal people collectivelly help within their group, as there are small socities that generally do not stay within one place. They do not call on outside help, nor have they much ability to help through their life style, so utterly absurd to say that. You like everyone else in this country pay a pitiful amount to have maintained,.all the necessities of life you need and you think that gives you the right to deny others, just because of the geography of your birth?
Absurd

3) So now you equated an armed invasion to immigration.
Sorry that deserves every ridicule possible, as that is taking over a country by armed force and denying the poeple there freedom, so your comparrison was daft. Yes I do think Zionism is wrong because its basic beliefs are based off a religious view to a homeland. I do back the right of the people of Israel to have self determination. The Native Americans were double crossed by the US Governemnt on every single treaty and were forced through wars and subjuctated. Yet again no compaarison to migrations which people leave here also to start lives elsewhere. You failed again to addrress my points on why we stiil need immigration and that your beleifs are born from a selfish belef.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:13 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

Unfortunately, the 'replacements' are not more socially advanced peoples - far from it in fact.
I like the idea of indigeanous Brits coming to live with you and yours, so budge up mate, open the borders and your coffers, apparently we have a divine right to move in on you.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:14 pm

Well Didge, you either think that land is up for grabs or you think it's not. If nobody owns it, nobody can steal it - they can just march in and take it if they want to, according to your logic. Are you in favour of Empire building?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Well Didge, you either think that land is up for grabs or you think it's not. If nobody owns it, nobody can steal it - they can just march in and take it if they want to, according to your logic. Are you in favour of Empire building?

How is the land up for grabs when they are coming her to be part of that nation?
This is why its pointless continuing here as you have failed to see the context of my points.
We already have laws on  countries and boundaries, of which as stated I have expressed my views on.
Seriously, adrress my points Rags, because all you are doing is stalling and deflecting .

If you fail to again, then I know not to further waste my time here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Well Didge, you either think that land is up for grabs or you think it's not. If nobody owns it, nobody can steal it - they can just march in and take it if they want to, according to your logic. Are you in favour of Empire building?

How is the land up for grabs when they are coming her to be part of that nation?
This is why its pointless continuing here as you have failed to see the context of my points.
We already have laws on  countries and boundaries, of which as stated I have expressed my views on.
Seriously, adrress my points Rags, because all you are doing is stalling anb deflectin .

Swap the word "land" for benefits, housing, or jobs then. What is the point of having immigration to this country when there aren't enough jobs or houses for the people who are already here? Well that's what I'm told anyway.

What is the point of people paying into a system if the money is handed out to everyone else? If people come here to do a job which nobody else here can do, that's different, but what about those who do not?

What exactly are you proposing? Unlimited immigration on the grounds that people here don't own the country, and should share with anyone who wants to come here?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:31 pm

You had your chance, I continue to answer all points and questions you pose and you have avoided the majority of mine, You may think you can dictate debates, but sadly you cannot.
I suggest you read again through my points.
All the best

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:42 pm

Cuchulain wrote:You had your chance, I continue to answer all points and questions you pose and you have avoided the majority of mine, You may think you can dictate debates, but sadly you cannot.
All the best

So you want to dictate the debate yourself, but you don't like anyone else raising their own points.

I always thought you were a bit of a dictator. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:You had your chance, I continue to answer all points and questions you pose and you have avoided the majority of mine, You may think you can dictate debates, but sadly you cannot.
All the best

So you want to dictate the debate yourself, but you don't like anyone else raising their own points.

I think you just described yourself because you were avoiding many points and kept repsonding back with poor questions. Failing to still answer mine. I showed respect by answering yours, you though attempted poorly to deflect and duck out of.
Hence there was little point continuing when you were trying to dictate the debate.

Anyway, I have no need to say anything further on here to you Rags, unless you decide to actually answer my points.
Will be back later when I hope Vintage of Victor add to a very interesting discussion.

Bye

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:50 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I think you just described yourself because you were avoiding many points and kept repsonding back with poor questions. Failing to still answer mine. I showed respect by answering yours, you though attempted poorly to deflect and duck out of.
Hence there was little point continuing when you were trying to dictate the debate.

Anyway, I have no need to say anything further on here to you Rags, unless you decide to actually answer my points.
Will be back later when I hope Vintage of Victor add to a very interesting discussion.

Bye

Laughing

You don't answer my questions or address my points, you just make up other questions yourself and answer them, along with introducing some red herrings.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:53 pm

Cuchulain wrote:

are they though? or are they just going to set up a "nation within a nation" i.e exactly what I was saying in thwe other post about multiculturalism, go look at "Muslim birmingham"
within it is to be found little trace of "britain"

Seriously, adrress my points Rags, because all you are doing is stalling and deflecting .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:35 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

are they though? or are they just going to set up a "nation within a nation" i.e exactly what I was saying in thwe other post about multiculturalism, go look at "Muslim birmingham"
within it is to be found little trace of "britain"

Far fetched mate and unrealistic.
How is 3 million going to overcome 60 million?
With terror?
That is also presuming there is a plot by the vast majority of Muslims to do so, which would have to have vast amounts of Muslims in support.
How is Birmingham now not British?
Sorry buddy but you are not excatly offering up anything to back this claim of Muslim birmingham when 20% of the city are Muslim
You must have thousands of reports of media articles of sharia law based violence, executions, that sharia courts are in total control of the City etc. I could go on but you are assuming all Muslim in Birmingham have changed it into an Islamic city now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:38 pm

Have you been to Birmingham lately then? I suggest you go and take a look at certain areas.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next