NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Councils in financial meltdown as record numbers of people seek assistance thanks to cruel bedroom tax

3 posters

Go down

Councils in financial meltdown as record numbers of people seek assistance thanks to cruel bedroom tax  Empty Councils in financial meltdown as record numbers of people seek assistance thanks to cruel bedroom tax

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:52 pm

Councils in financial meltdown as record numbers of people seek assistance thanks to cruel bedroom tax  Bedroom-Tax-2785383

Protest: Supporters of Mirror & Unite campaign to abolish bedroom tax protest outside Parliament

Councils have warned they are facing a financial crisis because of the record number of people needing emergency help as a result of the bedroom tax.

A survey found more than 200,000 people applied for hardship funds in the six months after the tax was introduced in April last year.

Town hall leaders warned that unless the Government stumps up more money people could be thrown on the streets.

The report by the Local Government Association found the number of people turning to councils for help as a result of Iain Duncan Smith’s welfare reforms had “increased greatly”.

It found four out of five councils had seen a rise in applications for Discretionary Housing Payments - emergency funds given to those at risk of poverty or homelessness.

Between April 2103 and September 2013 more than 200,000 people applied for the payments - with 81% saying they needed help because of the bedroom tax.

The LGA said that without the money, many of them would end up on the street. The bedroom tax was introduced in April last year and docks the housing benefit by an average of £14 a week for anyone deemed to have a spare room.

But councils say there is not enough one- or two-bed homes for victims of the tax to move to.

Cllr Sharon Taylor, Chair of the LGA’s Finance Panel, said: “This survey shows that small Government increases to the DHP fund is not sufficient. We need a proper discussion to ensure that the fund better matches local housing need and demand for financial assistance.

“In many areas welfare reform is not encouraging people to downsize because opportunities to cut costs are severely limited by a lack of affordable accommodation.

"Unless more is done to create homes, households will be pushed into financial hardship and we will see a huge rise in the number of people going to their councils asking for help to make ends meet.

“We are already seeing that demand for help from Discretionary Housing Payments is significantly outstripping the money the Government has made available to councils to mitigate the changes in some areas.

"This will have a significant impact on local government budgets, which are already stretched to breaking point by the deepest cuts in the public sector.”

Labour’s welfare spokesman Chris Bryant MP said: “This report supports Labour’s warning that more people would end up relying on Discretionary Housing Payments, which are only intended to provide temporary support.

“The Tories cost-of-living crisis is making life harder for families with Tory policies like the Bedroom Tax leaving thousands with no way out.

"It’s time to scrap the Bedroom Tax. If David Cameron’s out-of-touch Tory-led government won’t, then Labour will.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/councils-financial-meltdown-record-numbers-3058408#ixzz2rL6t8Ehm
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

The Tories will never scrap it, peoples only hope will be that they can hang on until Labour returns to power next year.
 No 

Back to top Go down

Councils in financial meltdown as record numbers of people seek assistance thanks to cruel bedroom tax  Empty Re: Councils in financial meltdown as record numbers of people seek assistance thanks to cruel bedroom tax

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:49 pm

We are heading for meltdown, because the councils can't fund this, and the people on the streets will be the disabled and the sick.

Back to top Go down

Councils in financial meltdown as record numbers of people seek assistance thanks to cruel bedroom tax  Empty Re: Councils in financial meltdown as record numbers of people seek assistance thanks to cruel bedroom tax

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:00 pm

Sassy wrote:We are heading for meltdown, because the councils can't fund this, and the people on the streets will be the disabled and the sick.

Will the tipping point be reached then....Will people then stand up and say enough is enough, and remove this government by force.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:47 pm

Sponger mince supremo.
Get a job scatman pay your way and stop moaning.

Stop letting everyone do the work you bone idle waste of space.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:51 pm

David Cameron stood up and told Parliament that disabled children were exempt from this, and they are not, they are the ones that need the hardship fund. It is a disgrace that those children face losing their homes, homes that have been specially adapted for them, often with money raised by people who can ill afford it.

How can one person have so much filth inside them, spewing out day after day. FGS man, go and get a good shag, you are obviously in dire need. Pay if necessary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Tax dodging
benefit frauding
bone idle
work shy
mince guy

Nananananananana Scatman!

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:53 pm

Clarkson wrote:Sponger mince supremo.

Wow, what a well-thought-out counter to the facts presented in the article! Gee, this personal attack shows me the conservatives must be right ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:55 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Wow, what a well-thought-out counter to the facts presented in the article! Gee, this personal attack shows me the conservatives must be right ...

Yep, you just read it and know he's got a brain! - Not!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:56 pm

Sassy wrote:David Cameron stood up and told Parliament that disabled children were exempt from this, and they are not, they are the ones that need the hardship fund.   It is a disgrace that those children face losing their homes, homes that have been specially adapted for them, often with money raised by people who can ill afford it.

How can one person have so much filth inside them, spewing out day after day.   FGS man, go and get a good shag, you are obviously in dire need.   Pay if necessary.
THis from you who will leave nothing but debts to your grandchildren.

Hypocritical witch.

Cameron for all his faults was truly devastated bybthe loss of his disabled child ivan.

You concern yourself with You! And making sure your grandkids pay for years to come so you and scatman live off the state.

Despicable.

I champion those who work and pay their way. You idolise scum trailer trash

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:58 pm

You're a champ all right! :D
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:59 pm

Clarkson wrote:
Sassy wrote:David Cameron stood up and told Parliament that disabled children were exempt from this, and they are not, they are the ones that need the hardship fund.   It is a disgrace that those children face losing their homes, homes that have been specially adapted for them, often with money raised by people who can ill afford it.

How can one person have so much filth inside them, spewing out day after day.   FGS man, go and get a good shag, you are obviously in dire need.   Pay if necessary.

Hypocritical witch.

Cameron for all his faults was truly devastated bybthe loss of his disabled child ivan.

You concern yourself with You! And making sure your grandkids pay for years to come so you and scatman live off the state.

Despicable.

Please, I beg of you, get laid, make the world a better place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:00 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Be my guest Ben buy into this woman.

She is poison but you wont believe me until she shafts you.

I have no time for her at all and little for foul mouth scatman.

Frankly though scatman is much more transparent.

We shall see.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:01 am

And you would have thought, having had the experience of a disabled child, and the sorrow of losing him, he wouldn't have stood up in Parliament and told lies about the situation for other people's disabled children.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:02 am

Well that's good Drinky, because I have never had time for you and have watched you getting madder and madder over the years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:02 am

Sassy wrote:
Clarkson wrote:

Hypocritical witch.

Hmmmmmph at least I can witch.

Despicable.

Please, I beg of you, get laid, make the world a better place.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:03 am

Oh I do, frequently lol. OH and I are getting married this year, ain't love grand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:05 am

Clarkson wrote:Tax dodging
benefit frauding
bone idle
work shy
mince guy

Nananananananana Scatman!

......Clutching at straws....How pathetic Fartson.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:06 am

Clarkson wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

We shall see.

Sadly Ben will have to learn the hard way

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:08 am

Clarkson wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

We shall see.

"We shall see." You're just coming off as an impotently bellowing little rage-monster. I don't know why you think I'd place any value on your opinion when this is how you choose to express yourself.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:09 am

I only have issues with you because you are Benidorms Madge.

You are an evil witch. A troll on these forums.

Ask sphinx nems et al to speak up for you.
Fat chance as well you know.

Ben will be well advised to give you a wide berth.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:10 am

My you need it bad. Can't your wife take pity on you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:11 am

I think Ben has made his choice, and he's not on your side Clarkson.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:11 am

Clarkson wrote:
I only have issues with you because you are Benidorms Madge.

You are an evil witch. A troll on these forums.

Ask sphinx nems et al to speak up for you.
Fat chance as well you know.

Ben will be well advised to give you a wide berth.

Ha!

And to think that you were once given the job of moderator, mind you, so was Kakashit!

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:13 am

Sassy wrote:My you need it bad.   Can't your wife take pity on you?

He is right though isnt he
You have systematically used everyone you could.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:14 am

BigAndy9 wrote:I think Ben has made his choice, and he's not on your side Clarkson.

No no no Im sure Ben is unbiased. He doesnt know any of us how could he possibly have taken a side?!...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:15 am

NemsAgain wrote:

He is right though isnt he
You have systematically used everyone you could.

Yeah and you bummed her left right and centre, pleb-head!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:17 am

NemsAgain wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:I think Ben has made his choice, and he's not on your side Clarkson.

No no no Im sure Ben is unbiased. He doesnt know any of us how could he possibly have taken a side?!...

His one saving grace is that he looks up to me and I have taken him on like a younger brother.

He'll be ok. He'll pull through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:17 am

Thankyou for the forum ben it has a good chance if you dont buy into sassy.

I appreciate why you might think me too aggressive towards sassy.

As Nems will attest sassy convinced her I was some sort of bully with mysogonistic tendencies.

My wife is a senior HR Director can you imagine her marrying a chauvinist.

When I stated I did the housework since I early retired at 55 she suggested I was railing against my subjugation as a house cleaner.

You cant win she is poison.

She is good at deception though. Ask nems and sphinx et al.

Think what you like Ben the truth will out.
Good night

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:19 am

I would suggest that you lock your doors as some people seem to have an agenda that has nothing to do with a debate about councils and the financial meltdown Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:19 am

Word to the wise, every time someone tells me who to steer clear of, or associate myself with, I think of this:

Ron gave a slight cough, which might have been hiding a snigger. Draco Malfoy looked at him.
"Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask who you are. My father told me all the Weasleys have red hair, freckles, and more children than they can afford."
He turned back to Harry. "You'll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there.”
He held out his hand to shake Harry's, but Harry didn't take it.
"I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks," he said coolly.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:20 am

Hmmmmmmph!

Good night Bru

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:22 am

Clarkson wrote:Thankyou for the forum ben it has a good chance if you dont buy into sassy.

As Nems will attest sassy convinced her I was some sort of bully with mysogonistic tendencies.

When I stated I did the housework since I early retired at 55 she suggested I was railing against my subjugation as a house cleaner.

Good night

Ya big girl's bra!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:25 am

Clarkson wrote:Thankyou for the forum ben it has a good chance if you dont buy into sassy.

Good night

You really need to get out more Drinky. Just concentrate on the Dyson and the Fairly Liquid or this obsession you have with Sassy will be bad for your health.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Councils in financial meltdown as record numbers of people seek assistance thanks to cruel bedroom tax  Empty Song about IDS

Post by Guest Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:44 am

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down