NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Police and Black Men - A picture is worth a thousand words

4 posters

Go down

American Police and Black Men - A picture is worth a thousand words Empty American Police and Black Men - A picture is worth a thousand words

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2015 7:56 pm

American Police and Black Men - A picture is worth a thousand words CEFmfrhUgAAOma3

Back to top Go down

American Police and Black Men - A picture is worth a thousand words Empty Re: American Police and Black Men - A picture is worth a thousand words

Post by eddie Sun May 03, 2015 8:11 pm

What nationality is the the bloke on the very left??

Also, this is a picture. What is the story behind it? Was the black guy being violent, was he drunk, was he in drugs???

Pictures are nothing without the story tbf
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

American Police and Black Men - A picture is worth a thousand words Empty Re: American Police and Black Men - A picture is worth a thousand words

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2015 8:13 pm

Really Eddie, he could be any black guy, it's the look on the face of the cop in the middle.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 03, 2015 8:28 pm

Sassy, are you serious????

Did you see Gerry and Kate laughing and smiling four days after their daughter "disappeared"??

Now excuse me if I'm wrong here, that guy shouldn't be smiling like that, but neither should the mccanns.

Can you see where I'm  going with this?

Either:
Pictures can lie
Or
The camera NEVER lies
Or
People smile at the oddest times and it means nothing.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 03, 2015 8:36 pm

Can't seem to post a picture but here's the link

http://www.mccannfiles.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/happycouple.jpg

The Mcanns on their missing daughters fourth birthday - four days after she went missing

What do you think of that picture? The absolute joy and elation on the faces of the grieving parents?
What does this picture say to you?

No bullshit please sassy.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 03, 2015 9:32 pm

Anyone???
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 03, 2015 9:43 pm

American Police and Black Men - A picture is worth a thousand words 2190311264
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sun May 03, 2015 11:37 pm

eddie wrote:Can't seem to post a picture but here's the link

http://www.mccannfiles.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/happycouple.jpg

The Mcanns on their missing daughters fourth birthday - four days after she went missing

What do you think of that picture? The absolute joy and elation on the faces of the grieving parents?

Breaks my heart to see how sad they were.... We know the background to that photo, but if we didn't we'd never have guessed.

Anyway, where is that original picture from? Maybe that black guy had just murdered someone? Maybe he had just fallen over and that's why the policeman was laughing?
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 03, 2015 11:44 pm

harvesmom wrote:

Breaks my heart to see how sad they were.... We know the background to that photo, but if we didn't we'd never have guessed.

Anyway, where is that original picture from? Maybe that black guy had just murdered someone? Maybe he had just fallen over and that's why the policeman was laughing?

Hallo harves!

That's my point actually! If you didn't know they were two parents grieving/worrying/sick with worry - what would you say as a caption to that picture?

Words fail me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 03, 2015 11:47 pm

Yes, I think it does need the story to go with the picture. It's meaningless otherwise.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2015 11:52 pm

Doesn't seem Sassy is going to share the provenance of the pic.
Dont you hold your breath for an answer to your points Edds.
I didn't get a reply to my post about flap being the forum alluded to on the independent gate thread
I think the term is " its all gone quiet over there!"

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 04, 2015 8:34 am

Nems wrote:Doesn't seem Sassy is going to share the provenance of the pic.
I didn't get a reply to my post about flap being the forum alluded to on the independent gate thread

Hallo nems long time no speak!

I've long since realised that the phrase "point taken " is not a phrase used on here as it means admitting one may, just possibly, be a little wrong....
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 8:38 am

It could mean anything without knowing the context of what made them happy.

Was it help and support from the people also in the picture?

When you are at your wits end and people help you and bring you out smilling so I take such a picture as a pinch of salt without knowing its source which is severely lacking from your link.

There is no way to know the timeline either from your link

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 04, 2015 8:41 am

Nemesis wrote:

When you are at your wits end and people help you and bring you out smilling so I take such a picture as a pinch of salt without knowing its source which is severely lacking from your link.

Well the point was this: a picture tells us nothing without a story behind it (if you read the full thread)

And that picture is a very famous one and is the McCanns on their daughters fourth birthday just four days (if I recall) after she went missing.

Don't they look happy? cheers
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 8:42 am

eddie wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Well the point was this: a picture tells us nothing without a story behind it (if you read the full thread)

And that picture is a very famous one and is the McCanns on their daughters fourth birthday just four days (if I recall) after she went missing.

Don't they look happy? cheers

They do no doubt due to the people there also in the picture.

Nice to have something make them smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 04, 2015 8:44 am

Hahahahahahahaha
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 8:47 am

Odd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 11:16 am

I've not seen those pictures before. I'm surprised how they appear to not only be holding it together but smiling too. Regardless of whether they had anything to do with Maddie's disappearance or not, most people would have been in pieces Sad

I would be interested to know the context of the first photo confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 11:32 am

feelthelove wrote:

I've not seen those pictures before. I'm surprised how they appear to not only be holding it together but smiling too. Regardless of whether they had anything to do with Maddie's disappearance or not, most people would have been in pieces Sad

Poor subjective view point of the situation FTL.
Nobody knows exactly what it feels like in a situation until a person has dealt with that situation and even then with each person it is different. So what you claim in regards to other people is based upon what you think and not how people act.
There could be a number of reasons that has helped make them smile and laugh here, without any context for the picture it is impossible to say and even less to judge.
One of the first things I did to help my sister-in law when she lost her daughter, my niece was to make her laugh, as laughter can be one of the best cures for when people are feeling at their worst.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 11:42 am

Nemesis wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Nobody knows exactly what it feels like in a situation until a person has dealt with that situation and even then with each person it is different. So what you claim in regards to other people is based upon what you think and not how people act.
There could be a number of reasons that has helped make them smile and laugh here, without any context for the picture it is impossible to say and even less to judge.
One of the first things I did to help my sister-in law when she lost her daughter, my niece was to make her laugh, as laughter can be one of the best cures for when people are feeling at their worst.

Hi Didge, hope you're well. Good to see you back I love you x

Yes people grieve in different ways. When my father in law died we laughter, we cried. No rules, everyone has the right to deal with their own grief however they are able.

I just find it strange that they do not appear to be frantic with worry about the whereabouts of their little girl. I'm not saying I think they had anything to do with her disappearance but either way they appear to be very composed. As you say, it's hard to judge without context as with the first pic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 11:47 am

feelthelove wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Nobody knows exactly what it feels like in a situation until a person has dealt with that situation and even then with each person it is different. So what you claim in regards to other people is based upon what you
think and not how people act.

Yes people grieve in different ways. When my father in law died we laughter, we cried. No rules, everyone has the right to deal with their own grief however they are able.

I just find it strange that they do not appear to be frantic with worry about the whereabouts of their little girl. I'm not saying I think they had anything to do with her disappearance but either way they appear to be very composed. As you say, it's hard to judge without context as with the first pic.

Hi FTL

One moment of a day that helps them escape worrying about their daughter being missing is if anything a blessing, so I do not find it odd at all FTL. It is easy to see and say this when we do not see the countless hours where they are no doubt frantic away from the public eye, soI do not see anything out of the ordinary here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 12:00 pm

Nemesis wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Hi FTL

One moment of a day that helps them escape worrying about their daughter being missing is if anything a blessing, so I do not find it odd at all FTL. It is easy to see and say this when we do not see the countless hours where they are no doubt frantic away from the public eye, soI do not see anything out of the ordinary here.

Fair enough Didge, it's just my opinion and after all, opinions are not facts. Hope you're enjoying the long weekend cheers x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 12:09 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:Doesn't seem Sassy is going to share the provenance of the pic.

Hallo nems long time no speak!

I've long since realised that the phrase "point taken " is not a phrase used on here as it means admitting one may, just possibly, be a little wrong....

Hello Flower xxx

Nooooo! Come on Edds you know as well as I do some people are never wrong. Ever.
Perish the thought Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon May 04, 2015 1:04 pm

Judging by her posts, sassy finds faults in everyone unless they are connected to the labour party. When I first came on to forums I thought the posters who ran sassy down were exaggerating a bit, but by hell i'v had my eyes opened. i'v never "met" some one with so much hate in her!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 1:32 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Hi FTL

Fair enough Didge, it's just my opinion and after all, opinions are not facts. Hope you're enjoying the long weekend cheers x

No worries FTL.x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down