NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel Farage and the BBC TV debate

+2
Irn Bru
nicko
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Nigel Farage and the BBC TV debate - Page 2 Empty Nigel Farage and the BBC TV debate

Post by Andy Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is a cult.

And I am dyslexic.

And he got thrashed during the debate.

What sort of twonk slags off an audience that has been selected for it cross party representation by a neutral,independant company?

A beer swilling, racist, smoking ex banker millionaire.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage and the BBC TV debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage and the BBC TV debate

Post by Irn Bru Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:35 pm

darknessss wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
darknessss wrote:and that ISNT an issue???

oh of course

the lefties say its not   SO IT DAMN WELL ISNT YOU BIGOTS

dont even mention it...or else....

Victor, I'm just giving my observation on his performance in that I thought almost everything went back to the issue of immigration when I though he could have been broader than that.

And there's no need to shout at me - you're very intollerant lol

you dont understand "posting" very well do you ...sorry I forgot the quotes.....thats how the left talk down to people...not me shouting....

Nigel Farage and the BBC TV debate - Page 2 RTdrgEjT9
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage and the BBC TV debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Nigel Farage and the BBC TV debate

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:36 pm

risingsun wrote:
darknessss wrote:

yeah, but the lefts response is typical....and unsustainable....

no real intent to use brownfield.....

lets gobble up as much green as we can  screw the rural folk....

(cons not much better actually on this )

Wrong http://www.planningresource.co.uk/article/1313997/labour-commits-brownfield-agenda, Labour were saying it long before UKIP and if you listened to the debate, it was one of the things Miliband agreed with Farage on.

Labour's shadow planning minister has said the party would strengthen the 'brownfield first' rule as some key party figures called for a renewed focus on urban redevelopment and extensions ahead of stand-alone new towns and garden cities. - that was back in September of last year.

reposted on this page in case Victor misses it Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:38 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
darknessss wrote:

you dont understand "posting" very well do you ...sorry I forgot the quotes.....thats how the left talk down to people...not me shouting....

Nigel Farage and the BBC TV debate - Page 2 RTdrgEjT9

relevance???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:40 pm

You were doing the thing you said we do, talking down to him, like Dodge lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Well now since millipede said it, of course we can expect the peak national park to be the first place built on.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:44 pm

risingsun wrote:You were doing the thing you said we do, talking down to him, like Dodge lol

what...where.....if he choses to deliberately mis read a post thats his problem not mine....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Anyway, you haven't replied to my post on brown field sites.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Anyway, I'm away up the miners club for a couple of pints where people are nice to me Laughing

Also grandson boxing tonight so waiting for the result to come through as well

Back later - I hope. Anyone want chips or anything?

Last edited by Irn Bru on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Chips with salt and LOTS of vinegar, yummy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:03 pm

Salt is even worse for your blood pressure than me sassy......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:05 pm

You don't affect my blood pressure Victor, I picture you growling away and have a good giggle. Now, brownfield sites and the fact Labour had it as policy first?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:20 pm

easy peasy....

labour are proven big time liars and con merchants (to the point of the blood of millions on their hands)

give me one reason to trust what they say....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:11 pm

Coming from someone who wants to vote UKIP and the number of times they have been shown to be total nutters and changed their minds like the wind, that made me giggle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:18 pm

yeah but then i have never beleived in "rather the devil you know"

lets face it almost ANYTHING would be better than what we at present have..

and certainly better than what millipede is promising (or rather ...not mentioning)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:21 pm

See the thing is I'm voting for MY best interests

and voting for millipede is like a turkey voting for christmas

they are none of em much use

but I'll vote for the one LEAST likely to harm MY interests
amd MOST likely do what I see as suiting ME....

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:31 am

darknessss wrote:Well now since millipede said it, of course we can expect the peak national park to be the first place built on.....

No, I didn't misread your post Victor but I think you may have misread mine. I was actually being quite complimentary to Farage by saying that I thought his views on THAT debate were wrong and that he is actually better than that and I gave an example of where he showed that.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:05 am

When people ask for evidence of an institutional Left-wing bias at the BBC, this is the place to go for evidence. Out of the mouths of Beeboids….

The BBC is “a publicly-funded urban organisation with an abnormally large proportion of younger people, of people in ethnic minorities and almost certainly of gay people, compared with the population at large”.

All this, he said, “creates an innate liberal bias inside the BBC”.

-Andrew Marr

“It’s a bit like walking into a Sunday meeting of the Flat Earth Society. As they discuss great issues of the day, they discuss them from the point of view that the earth is flat.

“If someone says, ‘No, no, no, the earth is round!’, they think this person is an extremist. That’s what it’s like for someone with my right-of-centre views working inside the BBC.”

– Jeff Randall, former BBC business editor

By far the most popular and widely read newspapers at the BBC are The Guardian and The Independent. ­Producers refer to them routinely for the line to take on ­running stories, and for inspiration on which items to cover. In the later stages of my career, I lost count of the number of times I asked a producer for a brief on a story, only to be handed a copy of The Guardian and told ‘it’s all in there’.

–  Peter Sissons, Former BBC News and Current Affairs presenter

“In the BBC I joined 30 years ago [as a production trainee, in 1979], there was, in much of current affairs, in terms of people’s personal politics, which were quite vocal, a massive bias to the left. The organisation did struggle then with impartiality. And journalistically, staff were quite mystified by the early years of Thatcher.

“Now it is a completely different generation. There is much less overt tribalism among the young journalists who work for the BBC. It is like the New Statesman, which used to be various shades of soft and hard left and is now more technocratic. We’re like that, too.”

– Mark Thomspon, former BBC Director General

“I do remember… the corridors of Broadcasting House were strewn with empty champagne bottles. I’ll always remember that”

– Jane Garvey, Radio 4 presenter, recalling Tony Blair’s election victory in 1997

I absorbed and expressed all the accepted BBC attitudes: hostility to, or at least suspicion of, America, monarchy, government, capitalism, empire, banking and the defence establishment, and in favour of the Health Service, state welfare, the social sciences, the environment and state education. But perhaps our most powerful antagonism was directed at advertising. This is not surprising; commercial television was the biggest threat the BBC had ever had to face.

– Sir Antony Jay, former BBC producer and creator, inter alia, of “Yes, (Prime) Minister”

“Liberal sceptical humanists tend to dominate television”.

The “default position in broadcasting” – when covering issues such as gay marriage and the Roman Catholic position on IVF – revolved around human rights, and that opponents should not be treated as “lunatics”.

“All I’m saying is, if you have at the centre of News an editor, he could explain why people in particular areas…are motivated, why they behave as they do and I think that would just increase understanding.”

– Roger Bolton, Radio 4 presenter and former head of Panorama and Nationwide

“And, in the tone of what we say about America, we have a tendency to scorn and deride. We don’t give America any kind of moral weight in our broadcasts.”

– Justin Webb (pg. 66), Today presenter and former BBC North America editor

“We need to foster peculiarity, idiosyncrasy, stubborn-mindedness, left-of-centre thinking.”

– Ben Stephenson, BBC controller of drama commissioning

http://biasedbbc.org/quotes-of-shame/

Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someone
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:09 am

risingsun wrote:It was the BBC debate tonight, he got booed by the whole audience.  He then said they were all left wing, Dimbleby then told him not good idea to slag off an audience and they had not been picked by the BBC but by an independent company to represent evenly every party.  He looked very embarrassed lol

Looks like even the left agree that the BBC is biased:

Left and right unite to condemn BBC bias
Advertisement

It was a British political consensus not seen since the second world war. All 47 parties represented in the House of Commons came together to condemn the public service broadcaster’s relentless and shameful partiality.

“They just advance the views of a blinkered and unaccountable media elite,” said the prime minister. The leader of the opposition agreed: “The British public have a right to expect balanced reporting, not the editorialising of TV insiders.” They were among 500 MPs who signed an open letter to the director general, who responded by asking: “In whose favour do you think we’re biased?” This was condemned as a divisive and trouble-making response.

“What’s clear is that we’ve agreed to differ over that issue,” retorted David Cameron, “but over the key issue, the issue of bias, we’re completely united.”

The BBC apologised.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/28/2015-in-review-bbc-bias-alan-partridge-david-mitchell

See sassy? It does happen. No one is infallible.
Left, right, pink with purple onions..... EVERYONE has a point and EVERYONE is biased to a degree.

The BBC are fucking laughable. I never watch the channel.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:16 am

BBC accused of political bias – on the right, not the left

The BBC has been accused of yielding to political pressure since the last election and allowing a right-wing bias to emerge in its journalism.

The serious criticism by a distinguished media professor suggests that the BBC has compromised its impartiality by depending too heavily on sources from business, the media, law and order and politics.

By contrast, ITV and Channel 4 make much greater use of sources from academia, medicine, science and non-governmental organisations.

Professor Justin Lewis, Dean of Research at Cardiff University and an experienced analyst of the BBC’s output, suggested that the BBC Trust had “played down” the findings, which were presented to the governing body last year.

In an essay to be published next month, Professor Lewis states: “The available evidence on the BBC centre of gravity does not suggest a leftist tilt. On the contrary, its dependence on certain dominant institutions notably in the business world and the national print media – would appear to push it the other way.”

He concludes: “The most plausible hypothesis is that the BBC has, under pressure, been pushed to the right.”

The finding contradicts previous claims of a left-wing skew at the BBC. Former Director General Mark Thompson has said there was “massive left-wing bias” during the late-Seventies. As recently as last November, a poll suggested most members of the public thought the BBC favoured the left.

Professor Lewis said that the suggestion that the BBC was vulnerable to pressure from the Government of the day was especially worrying in the context of its application for a new Royal Charter. The BBC is preparing for negotiations over its licence fee settlement beyond the current charter, which runs out at the end of 2016. “It is the BBC’s cyclical dependence upon whoever happens to be in government during the licence renewal period that is the greatest threat to its impartiality.”

He referenced work last year by his Cardiff University colleagues, led by Professor Karin Wahl-Jorgensen, which found that the BBC was more likely than ITV or Channel 4 to use sources from the right – such as US Republicans or Ukip politicians – than from the left (US Democrats or Green politicians). The imbalance in favour of Conservatives over Labour was three to one for party leaders and four to one for ministers/shadow ministers.

Professor Lewis said the findings showed “no similar patterns” on ITV or Channel 4 but were ignored by the BBC’s governing body, which commissioned the research. “These were not findings the BBC Trust was especially keen to draw attention to, and – oddly for a review about impartiality – they were played down in the subsequent report.”

He also claimed that the BBC’s assumptions about the benefits of business had contributed to its failure to “anticipate the credit crash”. Its military spending debate was “decidedly lop-sided” because of its reliance on the views of the “top brass”.

Cardiff research found that 50 per cent of BBC sources came from politics, business, law and order and media, compared to 10 per cent from the knowledge-based professions and civic groups. Business sources accounted for 11.1 per cent of the total on the BBC, but only 3.8 per cent on ITV and 2.2 on Channel 4.

The BBC Trust rejected the idea it played down findings of right-wing bias, saying the research had been published alongside an independent review by (former ITV CEO) Stuart Prebble into the breadth of opinion reflected in BBC output. “As the author of the report, it was for Stuart Prebble to reach his own conclusions,” said a spokesperson.

A BBC News spokesman said: “BBC News aims to provide clear, impartial and balanced coverage across all output to represent a range of views. Inevitably, there may be disagreements over the level of prominence given to any story. We are editorially independent and do not bow to pressure from political parties.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/bbc-accused-ofpolitical-bias--on-the-right-not-the-left-9129639.html

Andrew Marr - so fawning over any Conservative politician it's embarrassing.

Nick Robinson - Robinson was a founder member of Macclesfield Young Conservatives and rose through the ranks, becoming Cheshire Young Conservative Chairman ...

etc etc etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:19 am

eddie wrote:
risingsun wrote:It was the BBC debate tonight, he got booed by the whole audience.  He then said they were all left wing, Dimbleby then told him not good idea to slag off an audience and they had not been picked by the BBC but by an independent company to represent evenly every party.  He looked very embarrassed lol

Looks like even the left agree that the BBC is biased:

Left and right unite to condemn BBC bias
Advertisement

It was a British political consensus not seen since the second world war. All 47 parties represented in the House of Commons came together to condemn the public service broadcaster’s relentless and shameful partiality.

“They just advance the views of a blinkered and unaccountable media elite,” said the prime minister. The leader of the opposition agreed: “The British public have a right to expect balanced reporting, not the editorialising of TV insiders.” They were among 500 MPs who signed an open letter to the director general, who responded by asking: “In whose favour do you think we’re biased?” This was condemned as a divisive and trouble-making response.

“What’s clear is that we’ve agreed to differ over that issue,” retorted David Cameron, “but over the key issue, the issue of bias, we’re completely united.”

The BBC apologised.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/28/2015-in-review-bbc-bias-alan-partridge-david-mitchell

See sassy? It does happen. No one is infallible.
Left, right, pink with purple onions..... EVERYONE has a point and EVERYONE is biased to a degree.

The BBC are fucking laughable. I never watch the channel.

Perhaps you should read back as to why there was a slight left wing bias, because the audience was chosen (not by the BBC) in direct relation to the people on the panel (as it should be democratically) and just about everyone is more left wing that Nigel Farage.  I'm sure the RW would have been cheering if it was the other way round.  No party had anything to do with chosing the audence, it was done by an independent panel.   More people are LW, fact that the RW will have to suck up, the times they are a'changing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:25 am

The rw only want media with a rw bias.
They already have most of the press is their pocket with the Ukip Express, tory Mail and the Mordoch papers.
They have it with Murdoch's Sky tv.
If they had their way,they would criminalise anything left of centre.
That would lead to a society such as shown in the macabre film V for Vendetta,or more recently and topically..,Panem in the Hunger Games quadrology..
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:30 am

Everyone jeered Farage because everyone thought he was wrong .
People just do not like the beer swilling immigrant hating pseudo toff.
Which is why he will a) be lucky to get 5 seats in the HoC and b) be lucky to get himself elected as an MP.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:41 am

Blah blah

Why can neither of you admit that certain people/media/politician/posters (that includes you two!) can be very biased?

I can find as many links to dispute your links which have disputed my links......rather proving my point that it's swings and roundabouts.

Trouble with you hard RW and LW people: you're so blinkered!!!!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:42 am

LOL, you do make me laugh Eddie, you try to pretend to be unbiased and then every so often the truth slips out.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:46 am

risingsun wrote:LOL, you do make me laugh Eddie, you try to pretend to be unbiased and then every so often the truth slips out.

I've never said I was totally unbiased - many things I am passionate about.
Just very much sit on the fence and can see that both sides have a point and both sides are wrong.

On here, I become more RW because all you,left spout blinkered bollocks
On flap, I become more LW because all the RW spout blinkered bollocks

Truth is somewhere in the middle sassy.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:48 am

You do, can't say I've ever noticed you becoming more LW on Flop lol

And I give facts and back them up.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:51 am

risingsun wrote:You do, can't say I've ever noticed you becoming more LW on Flop lol

And I give facts and back them up.

You're not on flap though, are you?

And if you haven't seen me argue with the Rw's on there, and ADO, over the years....well I can't help that.
We used to argue with them together sassy....I've told you, you have to have a good memory sassy!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:55 am

Doesn't mean I can't read it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:00 am

risingsun wrote:Doesn't mean I can't read it lol

Good. Then sharpen that memory box before you make certain claims.
Gawd, it's not like it isn't common knowledge that I'm somewhere in the middle.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:02 am

Hi Everyone.

I think it goes without saying how biased the audiences are with the BBC. You only need to have watched question time the other night, where Piers Morgan laid into Douglas Carswell over Nigel Farage's stance on people with HIV coming to the country. 

Now the audience by far the majority of them, clapped in approval of Piers. Which proves the majority of the audience make up the 37% polled against the idea. 52% polled supported Nigel Farage on this, so clearly the BBC ensure a biased audience. 

I disagree with the idea to stop people coming to the UK if with HIV and many other conditions, but they should have to pay towards their health care whilst in the UK until they have been a resident for a few years. 

That is why many agreed with Farage because their not happy at people coming here getting free treatment. If it was a balanced audience then the majority would have been clapping Carswell based on the Poll.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:11 am

Hallo nemesis and welcome!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:40 am

Between 10% & 15% of people agree enough with Farage to actuslly vote for him.
Not exactly "many"people.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:41 am

Between 10% & 15% of people agree enough with Farage to actuslly vote for him.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:05 am

handy, you'r a little biase'd toward the labour party aren't you,according to you and other left leaning posters the sun shines out of millibads arse.It doesn't, so lets have a bit of fairness,BOTH party's are fucking useless,one is no better than t'other.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:22 am

Ed Milliband certainly isn't my first choice as labour leader. David M would have been better - although many consider him too much of a Blairite.
Natural.leaders are abitthin on the ground at present , Harman doesnt fill me with confidence either.
If he ever stands for and becomes elected , Owen Jones could become a successful Labour leader as he has the policies,personality and charisma.
He is also gaywhich will upset many Ukippers.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:50 am

Nemesis wrote:Hi Everyone.

I think it goes without saying how biased the audiences are with the BBC. You only need to have watched question time the other night, where Piers Morgan laid into Douglas Carswell over Nigel Farage's stance on people with HIV coming to the country. 

Now the audience by far the majority of them, clapped in approval of Piers. Which proves the majority of the audience make up the 37% polled against the idea. 52% polled supported Nigel Farage on this, so clearly the BBC ensure a biased audience. 

I disagree with the idea to stop people coming to the UK if with HIV and many other conditions, but they should have to pay towards their health care whilst in the UK until they have been a resident for a few years. 

That is why many agreed with Farage because their not happy at people coming here getting free treatment. If it was a balanced audience then the majority would have been clapping Carswell based on the Poll.

Welcome Nemesis
I do hope people don't confuse us, poor old sassy will have a connery if she thinks there is another
one of me Smile
She wont know whether to patronise you ( read up her posts to Darknesss) or drop herself in
the clarts again (see posts to Eddie over Flap Forum - the one she always says is beneath her
to read)
As Captain Phil used to say she wont know whether to shit or go blind
Enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Nothing like adding a bit of poison to get a good shitstir going is there Nems? Welcome Nemesis, just make up your own mind because some people just can't move on.

I hope the mods make a note of this attempt to hijack the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Actually, it doesn't 'go without saying'.  As I have already posted, the BBC are leaning so far over to the right now that it has been noted.  The fawning they do over the Conservative Party is what's obvious, and Nick Robinson is a disgrace to journalism, he really needs to join the Murdoch empire and stop pretending he is not reporting on behalf of the Conservatives.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:13 pm

The Nick Robinson you see is not the one I see!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:17 pm

You mean the ex Chairman of the Cheshire Young Conservatives who always makes sure he puts Cameron in a good light and downplays everyone else.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/people-news/14633/facebook-petition-sack-bbc%E2%80%99s-nick-robinson

The group, which is called 'Nick Robinson should not be the BBC's political editor', claims that Robinson is "consistently unable to disguise his bias in favour of the Conservative Party". Led by its creator Peter Tennant, it insists that this is not a personal attack on Robinson but wants to "addresses a specific concern regarding BBC objectivity".

Tennant plans to take a dossier of complaints to the BBC in order to get Robinson, 46, removed as its political editor, a post he has held for five years. On Facebook Tennant lists examples of "clear bias", including:

a) Comparing Cameron to Disraeli before he's even taken office;
b) Talking about Downing Street as a 'Labour free zone';
c) Talking about Gordon Brown as the 'unelected prime minister';
d) Talking about the Conservatives as having 'won' the election;
e) Talking about a rainbow coalition as a 'coalition of losers’;
f) The clear pleasure on his face when the Tories returned to power.

One of the group's main beefs is the fact that, as a student, Robinson was president of the Oxford University Conservative Association. In 1986 he spent a year as the National Chairman of the Young Conservatives.

Before taking over from Andrew Marr at the BBC in 2005, Robinson insisted that his Tory past was not an issue. "Just think what you were doing 20 years ago," he told Wired magazine. "I was still, sadly, going to Genesis concerts and listening to the Human League."

One former member of the BBC political staff, who preferred to remain anonymous, told The First Post today: "There are two things to bear in mind. One, it's true Nick was a Tory, but he never a 'nasty Tory'

Read more: http://www.theweek.co.uk/people-news/14633/facebook-petition-sack-bbc%25E2%2580%2599s-nick-robinson#ixzz3XfczuIVd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Nigel Farage and the BBC TV debate - Page 2 Welcom11 Nemesis, hope you enjoy the forum!  cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:44 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Is a cult.

And I am dyslexic.

And he got thrashed during the debate.

What sort of twonk slags off an audience that has been selected for it cross party representation by a neutral,independant company?

A beer swilling, racist, smoking ex banker millionaire.

I can't take Nigel seriously, every time I see him he has that stupid grin on his face and a pint of beer in his hand Rolling Eyes

What we need is a dynamic leader.  if I'm honest I don't believe any of the party leaders has the balls to make significant change and gain the confidence to win a majority.  I do know several people who don't normally vote who intend to vote UKIP however.  

In my area it's a safe conservative seat but voting UKIP in some areas may just be playing into Labour's hands Nigel Farage and the BBC TV debate - Page 2 I_don_11

I've been reading the manifestos and the best fit for me at the moment is the Conservatives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi FtL x

Fully agree on Farage, he has a gurning mug that a loopy few seem to view as the face of working class (real) Britain (I don't get it...). But to me he is a creep using pubs to come across as a typical bloke when he is no such thing.

Though as you know I am by no standard a Tory I am inclined to agree that at least of Labour and Conservative the Tories may be the better option. The Liberals would be but they are the unsavable ship right now. The coalition for its flaws has brought growth, stability and increased employment- it seems irresponsible to risk what we have now with a major change of government.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:31 pm

Eilzel wrote:Hi FtL x

Fully agree on Farage, he has a gurning mug that a loopy few seem to view as the face of working class (real) Britain (I don't get it...). But to me he is a creep using pubs to come across as a typical bloke when he is no such thing.

Though as you know I am by no standard a Tory I am inclined to agree that at least of Labour and Conservative the Tories may be the better option. The Liberals would be but they are the unsavable ship right now. The coalition for its flaws has brought growth, stability and increased employment- it seems irresponsible to risk what we have now with a major change of government.

Hi Les I love you xxx

Good to see you, hope things are still going well for you  cheers

Agreed, I am nervous about the outcome of this election.  Probably because I know a little bit (and I mean a smidgen) more about politics than I did 5 years ago  Laughing

I'm not aligned to any particular party but the Tory manifesto fits me best.  Hubby, who I have NEVER known vote before, tells me he's voting UKIP and I wonder how many voters with similar attitudes will suddenly make a protest vote.  It won't be enough to let them in, anyone who believes that is kidding themselves.  However, it may allow Labour to seek a coalition and I'm not sure that's the right thing at this time.

We will see, not long to go now! Nigel Farage and the BBC TV debate - Page 2 Nervou10

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:09 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Between 10% & 15% of people agree enough with Farage to actuslly vote for him.

Firstly figures change daily for every party and are never to be wholly trusted.
I can change my mind daily - there are alot of us like that! A lot of us who aren't so fixed and set in stone as to be totally brainwashed.

Secondly, lots of people will vote UKIP and never admit it because they're worried about narrow-minded people who'll put labels on them.

I have said so many times: I don't even particularly like any one party, and they're all liars and truthseekers at the same time. Politics just isn't black or white.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:24 pm

eddie wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:Between 10% & 15% of people agree enough with Farage to actuslly vote for him.

Firstly figures change daily for every party and are never to be wholly trusted.
I can change my mind daily - there are alot of us like that! A lot of us who aren't so fixed and set in stone as to be totally brainwashed.

Secondly, lots of people will vote UKIP and never admit it because they're worried about narrow-minded people who'll put labels on them.

I have said so many times: I don't even particularly like any one party, and they're all liars and truthseekers at the same time. Politics just isn't black or white.

Agreed Eddie.  I will vote according to which party's manifesto best fits my beliefs.  It doesn't matter if they are blue, red, green, purple or pink with yellow spots Razz

It's the policies that matter, not following a party blindly because of it's left or right wing status No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:29 pm

risingsun wrote:Nothing like adding a bit of poison to get a good shitstir going is there Nems? Welcome Nemesis, just make up your own mind because some people just can't move on.

Hey its a bit of harmless fun wind up a witch if you will.
If you cant take it love don't give it out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:32 pm

eddie wrote:

Right Edds or should that be left Edds!!!?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:03 pm

Nems wrote:
risingsun wrote:Nothing like adding a bit of poison to get a good shitstir going is there Nems? Welcome Nemesis, just make up your own mind because some people just can't move on.

Hey its a bit of harmless fun wind up a witch if you will.
If you cant take it love don't give it out

You see the difference is, I haven't given anything out to you, except reply when you single me out. And why? You just have no importance to me, you are someone I knew in my past who I thought was a friend who didn't know what friendship is. Now, you are just a bit of black and white on a screen that I feel sorry for, because she is still so full of vitriol it must be eating her up. If you can't get over something in two years, you have a very serious problem.

But never mind, you can have to two weeks to slag me off as much as you like while I'm away. You obviously have a terrible need to do it, because it seems to be the only reason you come on here. Do what you like, I simply don't care enough about you for it to worry me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:21 pm

You are going away now!
O M G this close to an election?!
Will they postpone it until your return or will they, like the rest of us, enjoy a break from you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next