NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel Farage accepts Clegg's challenge to debate Britain's EU membership

Go down

Nigel Farage accepts Clegg's challenge to debate Britain's EU membership Empty Nigel Farage accepts Clegg's challenge to debate Britain's EU membership

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:52 pm

Nigel Farage has accepted a challenge from Nick Clegg to debate Britain's membership of the European Union ahead of the May elections. The Ukip leader said he had "absolutely no choice" but to say yes after years of his Eurosceptic views being derided by mainstream politicians. The terms of the debate are yet to be worked out, but Lib Dem sources said Clegg would have no problem with its being televised.

Farage said he wanted David Cameron and Ed Miliband to take part too, but did not think they would rise to the challenge. He accused the prime minister of running from the arguments, after Downing Street said Cameron was too busy running the country to take part. However, speaking on LBC Radio, which will host the discussion, Farage said he would happily take on Clegg alone.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/21/nigel-farage-accepts-clegg-debate-eu-membership

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage accepts Clegg's challenge to debate Britain's EU membership Empty Re: Nigel Farage accepts Clegg's challenge to debate Britain's EU membership

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:55 pm

The only thing they should be debating is how many British people want us out of Europe and how many Brits want mass immigration stopped.

If it's a majority, they should bloody well be doing it!

They won't be discussing the facts - they'll be trying to make the other person look stupid in front of the public, nothing more.

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage accepts Clegg's challenge to debate Britain's EU membership Empty Re: Nigel Farage accepts Clegg's challenge to debate Britain's EU membership

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:14 pm

I would not bet on it - Farage is quite capable of using the facts and I see no reason why he would not.

Once the people have had the chance to hear both sides they should be able to decide and if that is not allowed by the government then they are quite capable of making their choice clear at the ballot box.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:17 pm

sphinx wrote:I would not bet on it - Farage is quite capable of using the facts and I see no reason why he would not.

Once the people have had the chance to hear both sides they should be able to decide and if that is not allowed by the government then they are quite capable of making their choice clear at the ballot box.

He may want a reasonable debate, but I doubt he'll be allowed.

Do you not watch Question Time sphinx?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:18 pm

sphinx wrote:I would not bet on it - Farage is quite capable of using the facts and I see no reason why he would not.

Which is why some honesty is required by both sides, you know I was catching up on the UKIP site and most of their policies and I would say 95% are based around the EU and immigration. That is nothing more to playing to fear and will not win them an election.

People really need to understand the pro's and cons if we were to actually leave the EU, I do not think all want to and Britain just needs to be tougher as they already are by ignoring EU rulings, what they do need to do though is with other EU countries ensure a cap on immigration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:50 pm

PhilDidge wrote:

Which is why some honesty is required by both sides, you know I was catching up on the UKIP site and most of their policies and I would say 95% are based around the EU and immigration. That is nothing more to playing to fear and will not win them an election.

People really need to understand the pro's and cons if we were to actually leave the EU, I do not think all want to and Britain just needs to be tougher as they already are by ignoring EU rulings, what they do need to do though is with other EU countries ensure a cap on immigration

It seems like most you are mixing up the Euro elections with the domestic general elections - not surprising really as Lib Lab and Con treat euro policy as just part of their over all policy. UKIP treats them as separate - right now are campaigning for this years Euros and so are not publicising their domestic policies .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:54 pm

sphinx wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

It seems like most you are mixing up the Euro elections with the domestic general elections - not surprising really as Lib Lab and Con treat euro policy as just part of their over all policy.  UKIP treats them as separate - right now are campaigning for this years Euros and so are not publicising their domestic policies .

It is irrelevant to either election when the point is there has been no real honesty or forthcoming information on the reality of staying in or out. The fact is the Coalition ignores many EU policies, something you always tend to neglect in your Ukipper ideology. I have seen their local manifesto for 2013 and 95% is based around the EU and immigration, they are starting to sound more and more like the BNP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down