NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majority of UK adults wasting £3,000 a year

+2
Raggamuffin
eddie
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Majority of UK adults wasting £3,000 a year  - Page 3 Empty Majority of UK adults wasting £3,000 a year

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:25 am

First topic message reminder :

The majority of adults in the UK waste a staggering £3,000 a year according to a new study which reveals attitudes towards saving.

Some 38 million UK adults – amounting to over three quarters - admit to spending £52 a week on products and services that in hindsight could have been saved or better spent. Over the course of a year, this totals £2,704.
However, participants said they could reduce their spending on average by £92 a month without significantly impacting their lifestyle.
The research by Standard Life showed that many people prefer short term gratification over larger long term gains, as over a third UK adults said they would rather have £100 now than £1,000 in five years’ time, with 45 per cent saying the wait was too long.
When gender was considered, 39 per cent of women said they wanted the instant payout, versus 32 per cent of men.
In addition, just over half found it hard to resist spending all of the money they earn each month – rising to 69 per cent for those aged under 35.
And as many as 14 per cent admitted to making an impulse purchase of over £50 in the past month which they regretted, with 54 per cent revealing the feeling kicked in within a day of spending the money.
However, just 51 per cent of UK adults save money each month while a fifth say they never save at all.
But out of those who did save, over half it makes them feel ‘reassured’ while 46% feel it is ‘rewarding’.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/majority-of-uk-adults-wasting-3000-a-year-10089615.html

Back to top Go down

Majority of UK adults wasting £3,000 a year  - Page 3 Empty Re: Majority of UK adults wasting £3,000 a year

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:30 am

Oh as an after thought, if you think any view I made was wrong here, I would love to see your evidence to prove otherwise?
In your own time mate.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Majority of UK adults wasting £3,000 a year  - Page 3 Empty Re: Majority of UK adults wasting £3,000 a year

Post by Irn Bru Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:33 am

Brasidas wrote:I love it when someone is so desperate to gain back anything from a night of being educated they look for any repreive. I love that insult, the funniest I have ever read on the web.
Tried harder mate.,

Nice one Irn, you just proved you capitulated.

Laughing

I'll let you have the last word Didge like the good narcissist that you are Laughing

Majority of UK adults wasting £3,000 a year  - Page 3 Male31-male-smiley-whistle-smiley-emoticon-000073-large
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:38 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Brasidas wrote:I love it when someone is so desperate to gain back anything from a night of being educated they look for any repreive. I love that insult, the funniest I have ever read on the web.
Tried harder mate.,

Laughing

I'll let you have the last word Didge like the good narcissist that you are Laughing

Majority of UK adults wasting £3,000 a year  - Page 3 Male31-male-smiley-whistle-smiley-emoticon-000073-large

Haooy to have the last word and as a friend giving advuce.
Why are you so annoyed?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:40 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Tried harder mate.,

Laughing

Hell, I thought this rang a bell:

http://tcvclearvoice.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-narcissists-traits.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:54 am

risingsun wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Tried harder mate.,

Laughing

Hell, I thought this rang a bell:

http://tcvclearvoice.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-narcissists-traits.html

Holy sh!t!!

22 of them.

lol!
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:55 am

affraid affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:04 am

feelthelove wrote:
eddie wrote:Not sure there is a positive darkness bit I'm willing to learn soemthing new.

My very good and darling friend (actually the indian one I've mentioned in the Indian cooking thread) lost her son at 28 weeks pregnant - he died and she had to give birth to him.
She then gave birth to a beautiful little girl, Rhiya, who lived until she was 2 and a half.
She died whilst in the care of a private nursery.
She was found hanging in the nursery Wendy house.
(You can google this story for more details and watch their story on Horizon)

My friend, has only found a smidgen of comfort from knowing she was successful in getting the law changed - before Rhiya's death if you googled a school or nursery they didn't have to state that a child had died there! In fact a few days after Rhiya died the nursery was still up and running with zero mention of Rhiya

She also takes comfort from the fact that what happened to Rhiya is a case study for students studying child care (health and safety)

She will never ever recover, even though she has amother little girl now, my daughters best friend lol

She is haunted by it, but she laughs and has very good days.

She is currently pregnant again.
I'm praying she stays pregnant and she has trouble keeping pregnancies.

Sorry to hear about your friend Eddie, I hope everything goes well for her Majority of UK adults wasting £3,000 a year  - Page 3 Hug12 x

Thank you FTL xxxx I love you
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3