NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Republican Randy Weber Uses Paris Massacre As Opportunity To Compare Obama With Hitler

4 posters

Go down

Republican Randy Weber Uses Paris Massacre As Opportunity To Compare Obama With Hitler Empty Republican Randy Weber Uses Paris Massacre As Opportunity To Compare Obama With Hitler

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:41 pm

NEW YORK -- A Texas congressman was pilloried on Tuesday for posting a tweet that used the terror attack in Paris as an excuse to compare President Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler.
Republican Randy Weber's official account, @TXRandy14, tweeted on Monday night: "Even Adolph Hitler thought it more important than Obama to get to Paris. (For all the wrong reasons.) Obama couldn't do it for right reasons"
Even Adolph Hitler thought it more important than Obama to get to Paris. (For all the wrong reasons.) Obama couldn't do it for right reasons
— Randy Weber (@TXRandy14) January 13, 2015
The tweet, which has not been removed, juxtaposes Hitler's visit to the vanquished city after his troops invaded during the Second World War, and Obama's much-discussed failure to join world leaders at an anti-terror march through Paris on Sunday.
"Weber's tweet is vile and stoops to a new low level by desecrating the victims of the Holocaust to make a political point," Democrat Steve Israel said in a statement demanding an apology from Weber.
Asked on Tuesday if he had any reaction to Weber's Tweet, White House spokesman Josh Earnest replied, "I don't."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/01/13/texas-republican-uses-paris-massacre-as-opportunity-to-compare-obama-with-hitler_n_6464668.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Republican Randy Weber Uses Paris Massacre As Opportunity To Compare Obama With Hitler Image

Back to top Go down

Republican Randy Weber Uses Paris Massacre As Opportunity To Compare Obama With Hitler Empty Re: Republican Randy Weber Uses Paris Massacre As Opportunity To Compare Obama With Hitler

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:39 pm

Republican Randy Weber Uses Paris Massacre As Opportunity To Compare Obama With Hitler Are-you-serious-wtf-meme-baby-face

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Republican Randy Weber Uses Paris Massacre As Opportunity To Compare Obama With Hitler Empty Re: Republican Randy Weber Uses Paris Massacre As Opportunity To Compare Obama With Hitler

Post by Cass Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:58 pm

bless his black rotten heart.........
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:42 pm

I think the right has yet to learn the lesson the left did about 10 years ago -- when you go totally over-the-top like this in your criticism, it doesn't sound like anything grounded in reality and people just start to laugh at it. First Bush Derangement Syndrome, then Obama Derangement Syndrome Smile

In the "where the hell have YOU been, lady?" department, I saw an interview with a Republican woman a few years ago where she said of the Obama criticisms, "at least people are paying more attention to politics now!"

Republican Randy Weber Uses Paris Massacre As Opportunity To Compare Obama With Hitler 2396444674
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:03 am

Republicans generally don't want people to pay attention.  They are elitist and would rather go about governing autocratically.

That's one of the reasons why conservatives lie, or otherwise ignore facts as they so often do.  They are distracting people and thereby getting them out of the way. You know, Look over there, don't look over here!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:27 am

Original Quill wrote:Republicans generally don't want people to pay attention.  They are elitist and would rather go about governing autocratically.

That's one of the reasons why conservatives lie, or otherwise ignore facts as they so often do.  They are distracting people and thereby getting them out of the way.  You know, Look over there, don't look over here!

They play the game masterfully. But I'm afraid they're flying in the face of the Founding Fathers' notion that a "market of ideas" would regulate the U.S. government and the country's history.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:03 pm

I'm telling you, you have got to read Moral Politics, by George Lakhoff. The final, say, eighth of that book is a road map of American conservatism and economic theory.

He speaks of the reinforcing metaphors in our language, and how conservatives frame things. A classic.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:07 pm

While you are at it, pick up Lakoff and Johnson, Metaphors We Live By (Univ. Chicago Press, 1980).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:06 am

Physician Ben Carson, a likely Republican presidential candidate who has captured the imagination of the conservative base, favorably compared the terrorist group ISIS to the founding fathers of the United States. Carson praised ISIS for being “willing to die” for their beliefs, just like America’s founders, and not compromising for “the sake of political correctness.” He said that while ISIS had the “wrong philosophy,” Americans could learn from their example.

Carson made the comments at the winter meeting of the Republican National Committee.

TERRORIST... Willing to Die... and Torture and Murder for their beliefs and this Guys thinks that is commendable. What a Fuck wit. Why is he not on a watch list. literally thinks it is 'good' to murder people that disagree.

Also double irony.... complains about Political Correctness, is a Blackman that only has the right to vote (let alone run for office) because of Political correctness Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:05 am

Original Quill wrote:While you are at it, pick up Lakoff and Johnson, Metaphors We Live By (Univ. Chicago Press, 1980).

Dude, when I read these books it just reminds me of how I haven't really had an original thought Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:09 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Physician Ben Carson, a likely Republican presidential candidate who has captured the imagination of the conservative base, favorably compared the terrorist group ISIS to the founding fathers of the United States. Carson praised ISIS for being “willing to die” for their beliefs, just like America’s founders, and not compromising for “the sake of political correctness.” He said that while ISIS had the “wrong philosophy,” Americans could learn from their example.

Carson made the comments at the winter meeting of the Republican National Committee.

TERRORIST... Willing to Die... and Torture and Murder for their beliefs and this Guys thinks that is commendable. What a Fuck wit. Why is he not on a watch list. literally thinks it is 'good' to murder people that disagree.

Also double irony.... complains about Political Correctness, is a Blackman that only has the right to vote (let alone run for office) because of Political correctness Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Been looking into Carson, he's Herman Cain No. 2 -- i.e. the black man Republicans pretend they like until shit comes to shove. And another great example of how people who are good at one thing get deluded into thinking they're good at a lot of things -- he's a brilliant surgeon, much like Ron Paul is a great M.D. -- much like how Henry Ford was a great industrialist but you better not ask him about Jewish people.

Basically, Ben Carson is the name white Republicans drop when they want to prove they aren't racist -- and as far as black Republicans go ... I'm told they exist but I've never met one and I'm sure they wouldn't let trailer trash like me on their property without my press badge Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:13 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:While you are at it, pick up Lakoff and Johnson, Metaphors We Live By (Univ. Chicago Press, 1980).

Dude, when I read these books it just reminds me of how I haven't really had an original thought Smile

Whaddyamean? Reading provokes original thought. You're a writer. Ya gotta stay in the conversation.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:29 am

Original Quill wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Whaddyamean?  Reading provokes original thought.  You're a writer.  Ya gotta stay in the conversation.

I understand. I guess what I'm trying to say is ...

Neither my public nor my private university education exposed me to any of these works. So when I find that others have written about the ideas I think about, and that still others have studied these mysterious-to-me works, in classrooms I can only fantasize about, it makes me feel as though I must have done something wrong in order to be excluded from their society. My sense of being unfairly excluded threatens to supercede my curiosity, to be frank, and considering this information makes me doubt the egalitarianism of our society, pisses me off and makes me feel rather inimical to those to whom all these things are givens, learned in their youth.

Just sayin' Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:52 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Whaddyamean?  Reading provokes original thought.  You're a writer.  Ya gotta stay in the conversation.

I understand. I guess what I'm trying to say is ...

Neither my public nor my private university education exposed me to any of these works. So when I find that others have written about the ideas I think about, and that still others have studied these mysterious-to-me works, in classrooms I can only fantasize about, it makes me feel as though I must have done something wrong in order to be excluded from their society. My sense of being unfairly excluded threatens to supercede my curiosity, to be frank, and considering this information makes me doubt the egalitarianism of our society, pisses me off and makes me feel rather inimical to those to whom all these things are givens, learned in their youth.

Just sayin' Smile

That's a healthy piece of auto-psychoanalysis right there!  Why do you fear self-dissuasion?  If you have cared enough to get that far, why not just carry on?  Obviously you haven't felt inhibited enough to keep you from understanding what is going on.

The fact is that all intellectual pursuits are, or involve self-psychoanalysis.  You are constantly looking into yourself, if only to find the proper word to write down.  How did you know to string two (or more) ideas together?  Its all good to integrate your thoughts with the thoughts of others, and once you do...there it is, right along the horizon, original thought. Do you think Marx would have developed his theory of labor had John Locke not developed his ideas of property? Only in reading Second Treatise do you see the culture proceeding on to Das Kapital.

But it's self-defeating to drop out of the conversation.  And the conversation is reading...and the Internet has become an invaluable tool.  You aren't alive if you stop reading.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:13 am

@ben
you have a point but the truth MOST people don't learn them ( I believe Quill is highly educated in politics and law so understandable he would)
Both of those are rather specific Unless you are actually studying politics they would never come up.

But the other thing is even with a good education myself the vast amount of my knowledge comes from my own effort/interest, the best education will still only opens your eyes to the possibilities. It is like they say 'the smart man realizes how much he doesn't know'.

And thirdly.. Do you realize how much this stuff has been written down and discussed over the past few thousand years?
This is part of the reason I 'Feel' that progress is inevitable. even when an idea gets destroyed, someone somewhere else in the future will put forward the same thing. People can see what is wrong with the world it is just when the world is ready to admit it. We just have to keep putting them forward Until it is Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:44 am

Looks to me like Ben from yesterday was kind of touchy Smile

Your points (Quill and Veya) are spot on and remind me that while I might regret not having more ambition at key moments, like when I was applying for colleges, there's nothing to be done about past decisions, while still loads to learn ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down