NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Poor Electorate

2 posters

Go down

My Poor Electorate Empty My Poor Electorate

Post by veya_victaous Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:47 am

http://www.news.com.au/national-news/federal-election/liberal-candidate-for-greenway-jaymes-diaz-not-answering-questions/story-fnho52ip-1226707263168

My Federal Electroate is the seat of Greenway. the Liberals Want me to vote for this moron!!!

Razz Razz  He's famous cause you saw him on the Colbert show Razz Razz

According to Mr Jaffrey, the conversation began when he asked Mr Diaz about a forum at Blacktown RSL earlier this week.

Mr Jaffrey said: "What were your reasons for not going to the community forum?''

Mr Diaz said: "I've answered that question.''

Mr Jaffrey said: "But I've only just asked you.''

Mr Diaz said: "I've answered.''

Mr Jaffrey said a minder then intervened, saying "we're not answering any more questions at this time.''

Mr Jaffrey said: "You haven't answered any.''

Mr Diaz said: "I'm here for families.''
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

My Poor Electorate Empty Re: My Poor Electorate

Post by veya_victaous Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:54 am

http://www.news.com.au/national-news/federal-election/gallery-fnho52ip-1226692100210?page=4
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:01 am

Judas Priest, they're all alike, aren't they? Our conservative politicians are just as bad about not answering simple questions.

Have they learned the "vilify the media" trick? I think it was our own Herman Cain who really perfected this. He took a situation in which the media asks every candidate valid questions meant to suss out their knowledge of the world (and thus whether they're qualified) and managed to turn it into two messages his supporters love -- "The liberals (including the liberal media) are elitists who think they're so much smarter than us" and "Foreigners are weirdos" in just a few seconds. It was incredible, and I have to say, skilled, especially seeing as he hadn't even legitimately been asked the question yet:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:10 pm

They cant pull the Vilify the Media trick here cause half the media is Murdock and he has been in a open verbal War with the Labor Party. He literally has pasted Rudds Face onto images of Nazis as often as possible. And His Campaign against Julia is probably the thing that has ended her career (she is actually a good pollie but could not get a breath in her entire term)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:18 am

Ah, but if they paid attention to their American counterparts they'd see they could pull that off. It doesn't have to make sense, that's the beauty and insanity of it all. They can have great success angrily railing against things that literally do not even exist.

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:34 am

Sorry, I have to rant about this a bit more. Australia's conservatives could easily go the route of America's and decided that they no longer have to be part of the reality-based community.

Of course, that can come back to bite you -- like when you're convinced that the polls are lying and your candidate is actually going to win.

But that's OK because then you can invoke a conspiracy theory stating that Obama won because some 10 million illegal immigrants, the type who naturally avoid encountering government officials as a rule, sauntered out to government polling stations back in November, in front of government officials, on the slim hopes that Obama can somehow pass immigration reform despite the House of Representatives being controlled by a pack of trained howler monkeys.

Mischief managed!

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:59 am

Yeah But Aussies have an Anti Authoritan Streak that makes us tell them both to Fuck off.
One big difference in Australia is While we may hate on the others as much as you we don't have the love for our own side like you see in the USA.

Plus Labor (left side) has a habit of giving poorer people money Like Literally Cash bonuses for being poor which liberals Don't. So no matter how dumb when it breaks down to one team wants to give it to Business people one want to give it to poor people.

We also don't idealise Corporate villians like the USA does, being rich doesn't make you good (we have a national thing called Tall poppy syndrome were by the rich/successful are ridiculed) there is no beleif that hardwork will give you wealth, the wealthy are born wealthy and the rest of us work hard while they skim the cream off our riches. We are a nation were most poeple immigrated as convicts, virtual slaves to free settlers (free labour could be flogged for anything), so literally this was openly the case 100 years ago.
Palmer vs Rhinehart is a great mordern example people like Clive Palmer cause he is Awesome (robotic T-rex and Titanic2 what more needs to be said) but Gina Rhinehart is hated because she doesn't give back to the community or Entertain us with her Antics, and she did inherit it all, while clive has built most himself (both are mining billionaires).

Plus Conspirisy is hard when we literally openly have our democracy subverted by the likes of Murdock and Big Business. there are things that come up time and time again 80% plus support that never get passed because they would piss off either the USA, China or Japan (big 3 trading partners)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:17 am

veya_victaous wrote:One big difference in Australia is While we may hate on the others as much as you we don't have the love for our own side like you see in the USA.
That might be enough. But read on ...

Plus Labor (left side) has a habit of giving poorer people money Like Literally Cash bonuses for being poor which liberals Don't. So no matter how dumb when it breaks down to one team wants to give it to Business people one want to give it to poor people.
Ah, but Republicans simply claim that our left gives poor people money for being poor. It doesn't matter whether it's true!

We also don't idealise Corporate villians like the USA does, being rich doesn't make you good (we have a national thing called Tall poppy syndrome were by the rich/successful are ridiculed) there is no beleif that hardwork will give you wealth, the wealthy are born wealthy and the rest of us work hard while they skim the cream off our riches. We are a nation were most poeple immigrated as convicts, virtual slaves to free settlers (free labour could be flogged for anything), so literally this was openly the case 100 years ago.
Our right wing doesn't always idealize corporate villains -- just when they're pitted against the left (basically anybody against the left for any reason is the good guy to them). And we have a twisted version of tall poppy syndrome where it's OK to be successful as long as you don't come off as too intelligent. Other than that, it would be nice if we occasionally worried about pissing people off, but that's apparently insidiously anti-American.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 am

"Ah, but Republicans simply claim that our left gives poor people money for being poor. It doesn't matter whether it's true!"
yeah but ours is if the Left doing it and saying they are doing it, thus poor poeple vote for them (Opposite of what happens in the USA, like you say they get accused of it like it is bad). There isn't they Hate of the poor here, we don't think they're all just lazy or something, we know some are just lazy but we know some have just had really bad luck.

Your system Definitily does Support Corporate Villians. Like regressive tax rates etc, the argument that they pay more tax in dollar terms actually works in the USA (seems too) but here we look at percentage and say the rich should pay a higher percent (so much higher in actual dollars) cause they get more benifit from society and they are more able to afford to pay. (also the poor say otherwise we will steal it, pirat nation of convicts pirat )

On pissing other nations off... well it is a bit different, we aren't stopping the Japanese killing our Whales to not offend them, We wont put provisions in to make it easier for Australian first homebuyer cause it will annoy Chinese investors, We will attack innocent nation cause USA said so.
Generally we are not doing the Right thing because doing the right thing would annoy one of our trading partners.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down