NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Of The Desperately Poor

2 posters

Go down

Some Of The Desperately Poor Empty Some Of The Desperately Poor

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:43 pm

10th February 2014

WHEN police emptied the pockets of a city centre beggar they discovered he was carrying £800.

Officers say the man is one of a group of ten regular Nottingham beggars who they believe are not genuinely homeless or in need of help.

He was arrested on Tuesday for another offence but when police searched him they found he was carrying the haul of notes and coins.

Senior officers said the find was proof the hardcore group, who they have not named, do not need people to give them money.

Chief Inspector Shaun Ostle, of Notts police, said: "This shows they are basically conning people. He said it was three days' work. Finding that amount of money on someone like that doesn't surprise us any more – which is perhaps the more worrying thing, really."

Police say that although the man is a known beggar, they were forced to hand the money back to him because they had arrested him for something else and it could not be proven he had broken any laws by possessing it. He was released without charge.

As previously reported by the Post, a different member of the ten beggars has boasted of making up to £700 a week.

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Homeless-street-beggar-pound-800-pockets/story-20587956-detail/story.html#ixzz2svVOCmQi

Back to top Go down

Some Of The Desperately Poor Empty Re: Some Of The Desperately Poor

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:57 pm

That's widespread gangs abusing people's kindness and generosity sadly...

However I have given some beggars money before because I would not like to be in that situation and I feel for them, I don't like aggressive beggars bothering old people and stuff like that...scum.

Bit I do feel sorry for the genuine ones, well the ones who appear to be anyway...

I usually always give a busker something as they are plying their 'trade' to get some money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:05 pm

Joy Division wrote:That's widespread gangs abusing people's kindness and generosity sadly...

However I have given some beggars money before because I would not like to be in that situation and I feel for them, I don't like aggressive beggars bothering old people and stuff like that...scum.

Bit I do feel sorry for the genuine ones, well the ones who appear to be anyway...

I usually always give a busker something as they are plying their 'trade' to get some money.

JD - they all "appear" to be genuine - that's the idea!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:20 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:That's widespread gangs abusing people's kindness and generosity sadly...

...I know Andy, it's near impossible to tell,sometimes some of them have wee skinny dogs with them that need a good feeding, and that's where I often give in.

If I knew for sure they were swindle king folk,mi wouldn't give...

But a few are genuine I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:22 pm

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

...I know Andy, it's near impossible to tell,sometimes some of them have wee skinny dogs with them that need a good feeding, and that's where I often give in.

True about the dogs - makes you wonder if they starve the poor buggers for effect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:40 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

True about the dogs - makes you wonder if they starve the poor buggers for effect.

That is what I often wonder Andy Sad

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:16 pm

I bet a fair packet could be made by going to a biggish city and sitting their in rags, these people should be stopped I'm not sure what law they are breaking..

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:25 pm

Good afternoon Folks.

Whether the beggers are genuine or not,they are taking a big risk in London.That's because there are some individuals whose hobby is kicking beggers to death or close to it.

I know it's always happened but they are easy pickings & many of them are watched by their eventual attackers & later mugged for their takings.

From what I have been told,the attackers target the false beggers because it seems they have the most money ,but some are attacked just for the hell of it with no intention to steal.

Begging is a tough way to make a living.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:53 pm

When we were in Paris two years ago, we watched a beggar on and off all day whilst we were coming in and out of our hotel. He was sat in the entrance of the shops opposite.

On the last day, we happened to catch a man going round to all of the beggars and he was taking their money off of them. We later saw the same man go up to "our" beggar in the shop doorway and take money from him. We didn't know if he was stealing it, or if the beggars were 'working for him'.

Either way, it made us realise that not all your money goes toward food etc, you're better off buying a beggar a cup of tea or some food IMO.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:55 pm

eddie wrote:When we were in Paris two years ago, we watched a beggar on and off all day whilst we were coming in and out of our hotel. He was sat in the entrance of the shops opposite.

On the last day, we happened to catch a man going round to all of the beggars and he was taking their money off of them. We later saw the same man go up to "our" beggar in the shop doorway and take money from him. We didn't know if he was stealing it, or if the beggars were 'working for him'.

Either way, it made us realise that not all your money goes toward food etc, you're better off buying a beggar a cup of tea or some food IMO.

I tend to get them a cuppa or coffee and a sandwich of some sort, makes much more sense..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:57 pm

It's best you ask them what they want first - they sometimes throw it in your face if it's the wrong type of coffee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:59 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:It's best you ask them what they want first - they sometimes throw it in your face if it's the wrong type of coffee.

it has to be starbucks or costa..only the best.lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:01 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:It's best you ask them what they want first - they sometimes throw it in your face if it's the wrong type of coffee.

And that's why they get a good kicking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:22 pm

Shady wrote:

And that's why they get a good kicking.

Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down