NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A teenager desperately seeking work killed himself, this Tory MP’s response is disgraceful [VIDEO]

+2
Major
eddie
6 posters

Go down

A teenager desperately seeking work killed himself, this Tory MP’s response is disgraceful [VIDEO] Empty A teenager desperately seeking work killed himself, this Tory MP’s response is disgraceful [VIDEO]

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:09 pm

An 18-year-old desperately seeking work died by suicide after being “belittled” by Jobcentre Plus staff, his inquest was told. The Middlesbrough fan was under “immense pressure” from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP), his coroner heard.
David Brown told his mother shortly before taking his own life:
The way the Jobcentre treat people, it is no surprise people commit suicide.
This led Labour MP Anna Turley to challenge Conservative MP David Lidington on the DWP’s record. Within his response, the Leader of the House of Commons concluded:
There is a principle of fairness here that is what lies behind the approach the DWP takes.
Considering over 2,500 sick and disabled people died after being declared ‘fit for work’ within the space of two years, this response looks like a disgrace. These figures were only released after the government tried very hard to bury them.

Is it ‘fairness’ that lies behind the DWP?

David Brown was allegedly told that his benefits would be stopped if he didn’t do more to find a job. His sister, Grace, said her brother “didn’t want to be a burden” on his family, adding that he “tried hard to look for work”.
When asked about a connection between welfare cuts and claimant deaths, the DWP says:
Any suicide is a tragedy and the reasons for them are complex, however it would be inaccurate and misleading to link it solely to a person’s benefit claim.
While suicide is indeed more complex than any single cause, a series of secret internal reports seems to challenge the blanket suggestion by the government that there is no major connection between claimants’ deaths and welfare cuts. Nearly all the reports were on people who died by suicide. And they draw attention to widespread shortcomings in the handling of vulnerable claimants by DWP officials.

The real benefit claimants

Filling in for Theresa May at Prime Minister’s Questions (PMQs), Lidington attempted to justify his claims of fairness:
I think the principle remains right that while staff should always behave with courtesy towards people seeking to claim benefits, it is also right that we should expect people who are receiving benefits to be subject to the kind of disciplines that apply to people in work even if they are on low pay.
But are Conservative MPs subject to the same disciplines? Benefit claimants living off around £70 a week may find it difficult to accept lectures on fairness from MPs like Lidington. The MP for Aylesbury once claimed £1,300 of public money for his dry-cleaning. He also made claims for toothpaste, shower gel and body spray. Lidington has been criticised for claiming almost double his salary in expenses. From an objective standpoint, Lidington is a benefit claimant costing us a massive amount more than an ordinary claimant.
Also, if we’re talking fairness with public funds, the Conservatives’ austerity programme has piled on more debt than every post-war Labour government combined. Chronic under-investment in public services (cuts) only increases debt.

Social security and suicide

While austerity is not the direct cause of deaths, a failing system can exacerbate the problems experienced by vulnerable claimants.
Around 90% of people who die by suicide have a diagnosed or undiagnosed mental health problem at the time of death. Tom Pollard of mental health charity Mind has said:

Some of those we represent are so worried about losing their financial support that they contemplate taking, or attempt to take, their own lives
But back at the Commons, Lidington tried to make out nothing could be improved:
Clearly, human beings in any organisation sometimes take decisions that get things wrong. And I will ask the DWP to have a look at the particular case that she has described.
For Lidington, apparently there’s nothing wrong with a social security system where managers award staff with Texan style sheriff badges for sanctioning the target number of claimants.
A teenager desperately seeking work killed himself, this Tory MP’s response is disgraceful [VIDEO] Dwp-sheriff

That’s right, employees are celebrated for removing what can be the last line of support for a vulnerable person.
As well as mental health, deprivation is commonly linked to suicide. And contrary to Lidington’s suggestions, this particular case is not an isolated incident. The welfare system needs to be properly funded, or it will continue to provide fertile ground for human casualty.

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/12/08/teenager-desperately-seeking-work-killed-tory-mps-response-disgraceful-video/

It speaks for itself.

Back to top Go down

A teenager desperately seeking work killed himself, this Tory MP’s response is disgraceful [VIDEO] Empty Re: A teenager desperately seeking work killed himself, this Tory MP’s response is disgraceful [VIDEO]

Post by eddie Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:18 pm

Do we know if it was only this, that made him suicidal, or was it an added stress to an already depressed young man?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

A teenager desperately seeking work killed himself, this Tory MP’s response is disgraceful [VIDEO] Empty Re: A teenager desperately seeking work killed himself, this Tory MP’s response is disgraceful [VIDEO]

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Stick it up your arse sideways and bounce on it you revolting old creep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:31 pm

eddie wrote:Do we know if it was only this, that made him suicidal, or was it an added stress to an already depressed young man?

According to his family it was the way he was treated at the job centre.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:27 pm

Major wrote:
sassy wrote:Stick it up your arse sideways and bounce on it you revolting old creep.

I do not need or want to be involved in your own sexual preferences, Sassy.
Where did you learn such tic tacs???????

My word, you show yourself up clearly don't you?

Oh I learnt that one from Ben, with an embelishment to add to the pain from me.   My sexual preferences are rather boring.   I expect you like to dress up as Hitler and so a few Seig Heils.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:53 am

sassy wrote:
Stick it up your arse sideways and bounce on it you revolting old creep.

Suspect

HOW old is that trolling fake major Pte. Piles, anyways -- does anyone know ???

Probably old enough, that he should know better..

Let's start a sweepstakes -- I will start with 88 as his actual vintage.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:00 am

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:Do we know if it was only this, that made him suicidal, or was it an added stress to an already depressed young man?

Idea

IF somebody is already badly and deeply depressed,  it only takes such unfeeling and bloody_minded Tory teabagger "austerity" policies,  delivered by their current ignorant, bullying and underqualified  job centre staff, to provide that 'final straw that breaks the camels back..', and leads to even more suicides from depressed persons; physical violence from those who feel pushed too far,  and petty crimes from the truly desperate and destitute...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:30 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
sassy wrote:

Idea

IF somebody is already badly and deeply depressed,  it only takes such unfeeling and bloody_minded Tory teabagger "austerity" policies,  delivered by their current ignorant, bullying and underqualified  job centre staff, to provide that 'final straw that breaks the camels back..', and leads to even more suicides from depressed persons; physical violence from those who feel pushed too far,  and petty crimes from the truly desperate and destitute...

Or even an encounter with an ignorant nasty arsehole on the internet.....
Think on next time you spew forth with your usual well practiced abusive lies. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:46 pm

Syl wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Idea

Think on next time you spew forth with your usual well practiced abusive lies. Rolling Eyes
Arrow

Unfortunately for you and your fellow Majorettes,  you lot haven't actually pointed out any real "lies" amongst my complaints about your obnoxious rants...

Just a few uncomfortable "home truths" that you don't want to own up to..

A teenager desperately seeking work killed himself, this Tory MP’s response is disgraceful [VIDEO] 1177314732
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:58 pm

Wolfie, have another look at the content of your posts,

perhaps you don't realise that 80% are insulting to other posters !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:13 pm

nicko wrote:
Wolfie,  have another look at the content of your posts,

Suspect

Have a look at what I'm usually actually abusing them over though, nicko...

All of that nationalist, racist, corporatist crap talk,  that I'm replying to..

Hiding behind a veneer of "free speech" self righteousness.

And so many of my detractors are all too ready to "shoot the messenger" in easy retaliation,  rather than simply own what odious ideas they have stated..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:56 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
nicko wrote:
Wolfie,  have another look at the content of your posts,

Suspect

Have a look at what I'm usually actually abusing them over though,   nicko...

All of that nationalist, racist, corporatist crap talk,  that I'm replying to..

Hiding behind a veneer of "free speech" self righteousness.

And so many of my detractors are all too ready to "shoot the messenger" in easy retaliation,  rather than simply own what odious ideas they have stated..

No you're not. You often drag me into your rants when I haven't even said anything.

I find you quite depressing actually.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:09 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Arrow

Unfortunately for you and your fellow Majorettes,  you lot haven't actually pointed out any real "lies" amongst my complaints about your obnoxious rants...

Just a few uncomfortable "home truths" that you don't want to own up to..

A teenager desperately seeking work killed himself, this Tory MP’s response is disgraceful [VIDEO] 1177314732

It's not unfortunate for me on account of your lies go in one ear and out the other.
My point stands that it's abusive people like yourself who could tip someone over the edge if they were depressed to start off with.
You are too self absorbed to realise that though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:17 pm

nicko wrote:Wolfie,  have another look at the content of your posts,

He cant post without being nasty.
Heres one from yesterday, said to Magica who had been really honest about some incident she had witnessed and was still worrying about it.

Mags wrote....

I had no choice Major, I had to leave.  If I had the choice I would've stayed but I didn't.

He responded .....

"Bullshit...

You are a weak and despicable excuse for a human being..

You should be ashamed of yourself."

There is absolutely no need to speak to anyone like that.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:19 pm

I don't really know why you are complaining Wolfie,

you give Tommy a really hard time, but he rarely abuses you except when he gets fed up with your insults.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down