NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother & Daughter Spend £30,000 Benefits Money On Cannabis In 3 Years

4 posters

Go down

Mother & Daughter Spend £30,000 Benefits Money On Cannabis In 3 Years Empty Mother & Daughter Spend £30,000 Benefits Money On Cannabis In 3 Years

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:02 pm

15th July 2014

Scroungers, wasters, disgusting people!

A shameless mother and daughter today admitted to blowing £30,000 of their benefits on the teenager's £30-a-day cannabis habit.

Bethany Burnett was just 16 when she became hooked on the class B drug - and it has all been funded by her mother Marie’s child benefits and her own Jobseeker’s Allowance.

Just two weeks ago Bethany, of Grangetown, North Yorkshire, who is now 19, was taken to hospital after smoking cannabis through a bong and collapsing when her heart rate raced.

She has now been referred to a psychiatrist and is taking medication to help beat the addiction.

Today she spoke out to warn other youngsters of the dangers of cannabis, saying: ‘I would have done anything to get my hands on cannabis.

‘Waking up in the morning it was the first thing I thought about. I was desperate for cash to buy drugs. I’d use my JSA to buy cannabis every week.

'As well as asking my grandmother and great-grandmother for money to splash out on the drug, I would trash my mum’s house if she didn’t give me £10 a day from her benefits to buy cannabis.’

Bethany’s started smoking the drug aged 16 in an attempt to fit in with her peers at school. But her addiction went out of control and she would smoke cannabis constantly throughout the day.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2692727/Shameless-mother-daughter-admit-blowing-30-000-benefits-teenagers-cannabis-habit.html#ixzz37Ycx4Bwk

Back to top Go down

Mother & Daughter Spend £30,000 Benefits Money On Cannabis In 3 Years Empty Re: Mother & Daughter Spend £30,000 Benefits Money On Cannabis In 3 Years

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:03 pm

They obviously didn't need the money for food or bills then. They should be made to pay it all back.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mother & Daughter Spend £30,000 Benefits Money On Cannabis In 3 Years Empty Re: Mother & Daughter Spend £30,000 Benefits Money On Cannabis In 3 Years

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:They obviously didn't need the money for food or bills then. They should be made to pay it all back.

Correct - people on benefits only need approximately 50% of their benefits to live.

The rest can go on booze, scratch cards, fags and scratch cards.

edit: and of course cannabis - lots of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:48 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:15th July 2014

Scroungers, wasters, disgusting people!

A shameless mother and daughter today admitted to blowing £30,000 of their benefits on the teenager's £30-a-day cannabis habit.

Bethany Burnett was just 16 when she became hooked on the class B drug - and it has all been funded by her mother Marie’s child benefits and her own Jobseeker’s Allowance.

Just two weeks ago Bethany, of Grangetown, North Yorkshire, who is now 19, was taken to hospital after smoking cannabis through a bong and collapsing when her heart rate raced.

She has now been referred to a psychiatrist and is taking medication to help beat the addiction.

Today she spoke out to warn other youngsters of the dangers of cannabis, saying: ‘I would have done anything to get my hands on cannabis.

‘Waking up in the morning it was the first thing I thought about. I was desperate for cash to buy drugs. I’d use my JSA to buy cannabis every week.

'As well as asking my grandmother and great-grandmother for money to splash out on the drug, I would trash my mum’s house if she didn’t give me £10 a day from her benefits to buy cannabis.’

Bethany’s started smoking the drug aged 16 in an attempt to fit in with her peers at school. But her addiction went out of control and she would smoke cannabis constantly throughout the day.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2692727/Shameless-mother-daughter-admit-blowing-30-000-benefits-teenagers-cannabis-habit.html#ixzz37Ycx4Bwk
£30-a-day cannabis habit.Mmmmm
So that about a quarter of cannabis a day
Going on local market prices aka £160-£190 an ounce depending where you get it and that's Bud not block witch tends to be cheaper

That's a lot of smoking for one person i am a heavy smoker and i would be comatose if I smoked that about
And it sounds like she had a whitey(racing heart,gray pallor,sweats) no big worry, they're just stick her on a bed till she recovers
She might feel a bit sick, but it won't kill her
And there is something that just doesn`t ring true about her claim
if she is smoking that much she must have had loads of whiteys

Also, cannabis isn`t physically addictive you can't get hooked on it like heroine or other opiates
And I would debate whether its causes psychologically dependency

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:59 am

Trouble with cannabis now is this:

Most of it is skunk and skunk is bad news.

Years ago, it was just bush (weed) or hash (block) and that wasn't so bad - unless you counted what some little backstreet dealers used to mix it with.

But skunk is in a class of it's own - I'm sure it's laced with speed or something similar.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:11 am

My stance is just say NO to any drug...........
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:12 am

SEXY MAMA wrote:My stance is just say NO to any drug...........

Definitely the best stance, and as a parent, a sensible thing to teach your kids.

Well done BigM.  cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:13 am

BigAndy9 wrote:

Definitely the best stance, and as a parent, a sensible thing to teach your kids.

Well done BigM.    cheers 

Thanks  Embarassed 
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:44 am

eddie wrote:Trouble with cannabis now is this:

Most of it is skunk and skunk is bad news.

Years ago, it was just bush (weed) or hash (block) and that wasn't so bad - unless you counted what some little backstreet dealers used to mix it with.

But skunk is in a class of it's own - I'm sure it's laced with speed or something similar.
t skunk is only one of 100 or so varieties, but it's the one the media get all hot and bothered about
i smoke what would be called "shunk" have done or a very long time i wouldn't say it was bad news, although I am biased

But analogous to alcohol some are cheap and nasty and you don`t know what`s in it (this would be your block and pollum cannabis)
Or you get the expensive alcohol Ie single malts and blends that would be your "skunks"

You can tell if it's been laced , but generally they don't use speed
i have seen sugar added to "Bud" to add weight and even heard of powdered glass, but there is a self regulatory side to it and a lot of urban myths give the wrong impression

I would like to point out at this juncture, I only support cannabis legalization not other drugs
The money spent on cannabis enforcement could be better used combatting more harmful drugs

A lot of people are home growers the money they get from selling it doesn`t go to crime, it goes to Asda and Tescos and the power company's

The drug laws are archaic and poorly thought out

Alcohol is worse for you it has more side effects and causes more misery that cannabis ever has you can't overdose on cannabis, but you can drink yourself to death, alcohol is toxic cannabis isn't

I have smoked for 25+years I am in generally good health (could do with some exercise ) i go to the doctors maybe once a year I have a perfect BMI I look 20 years younger than I actually am i am not well off but very comfortable, I ran by own successful business
And now can work from home for the most part

Compared to the average alcoholic i am in clover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:50 am

TiTS - what advice would you give your kids, or family, regarding drugs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:52 am

yup sound and sage advice exactly what i said to my two kids
My kids know I smoke, they have seen me smoke all their life
To them, it's not something mysterious and forbidden

And now at 25 and 22 respectfully nether smoke.... Anything

Nether drink alcohol they have never been in any trouble with the police did well at school

Son starts uni in august

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:53 am

BigAndy9 wrote:TiTS - what advice would you give your kids, or family, regarding drugs?
answerd above mandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:32 am

£30,000 over 3 years = 192.30 a week roughly

That would be about an ounce a week depending on local prices

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:23 pm

Korben_Dallas wrote:

Nether drink alcohol they have never been in any trouble with the police did well at school

Son starts uni in august

That's great. You must be so proud.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:11 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Korben_Dallas wrote:

Son starts uni in august

Indeed i am
He has only claimed benefit for 8 weeks I have been think since leaving school he always had a job or was at college

The media like to portray cannabis smokers and their families as near do wells and scroungers sitting on the dole
And although that may be true for some it's not true the majority of smokers in my experience

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:57 pm

Korben_Dallas wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:
Korben_Dallas wrote:

Son starts uni in august

Indeed i am
He has only claimed benefit for 8 weeks I have been think since leaving school he always had a job or was at college

The media like to portray cannabis smokers and their families as near do wells and scroungers sitting on the dole
And although that may be true for some it's not true the majority of smokers in my experience

too right, and most of the 'stoners' that are like the media portray are often on more than just pot  Rolling Eyes  pot is their coming down drug  Rolling Eyes 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down