NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please note a change to the rules

+9
A'shadieeyah
Lone Wolf
SEXY MAMA
Stooo
nicko
Eilzel
eddie
scrat
Ben Reilly
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Please note a change to the rules - Page 2 Empty Please note a change to the rules

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:35 am

First topic message reminder :

In light of a few things that have gone on recently, a line has been added to the NewsFix rules that I wanted to make sure to announce. It's very simple and I don't think it should be controversial:

"Posts that include personal details about a particular member in abusive fashion are not allowed, and members who abusively post personal information about others may be subject to administrative action, including a permanent ban, at the administrators' discretion."

This is in keeping with the spirit of our other rules which all basically say the same thing -- what we're trying to encourage and cultivate here is debate, not fighting.

I understand some people enjoy fighting, but there are other sites for that. From the beginning, NF has been about encouraging civil debate, and we haven't given up on that.

Your feedback is, as always, welcome.

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Please note a change to the rules - Page 2 Empty Re: Please note a change to the rules

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:45 pm

Why are you posting someone's IP address on here you clown?

Back to top Go down

Please note a change to the rules - Page 2 Empty Re: Please note a change to the rules

Post by eddie Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Shocked 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:51 pm

Ahh... I was privately convinced A-Shadywhatever was VOD, but I was wrong about Puzzler being hfa (sorry, Puzzler). So I swallowed my thoughts on this occasion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:51 pm

Good boy.

I don't want to have to keep on reprimanding you, but i will, if needs be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:51 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Why are you posting someone's IP address on here you clown?

Thanks for catching that, my mistake. The image has been edited.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:52 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Good boy.

Oh stuff it, I made a mistake.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:52 pm

As our Cilla would say "Suprise Suprise"
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:54 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

I know you did Benji, and you've done the right thing hence why i congratulated you.

A pat on the head from the BigLad with the nine inch number 9 after his name.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:56 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I know you did Benji, and you've done the right thing hence why i congratulated you.

Come now Andy. No one likes a bragger or an I-told -you -so.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:56 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Appreciate it, SM  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:06 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

SM??  Suspect 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:07 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

SM??  Suspect 

Whoops, losing my mind ...  Embarassed 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:10 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

SM??  Suspect 

Is SM and BA posting from the same IP???
I knew it!!
They are married!!!  cheers 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:11 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

SM??  Suspect 

Well, he does seem obsessed with her, you mental syntax linked the two. Well, you can use that as a reason if you want, could just be you're going a bit do lally!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:12 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I knew it!!

LOL, I think SM would rather stick pins in her eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:13 pm

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:

I knew it!!

Or is Ben pished?  ::drnkpst:: 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:13 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

SM??  Suspect 

I knew it!!

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

He probably wishes Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:14 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:

I knew it!!

Not this time!  :asdrnkbudsas: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:18 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Do journalists get 4th July off, so you can be tomorrow?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:20 pm

Sassy wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

I'm taking tomorrow "off," which is like most my "days off" -- I can still get called in or asked to help on something if news happens that I'm needed to help with ... sigh ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:22 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Sassy wrote:

I'm taking tomorrow "off," which is like most my "days off" -- I can still get called in or asked to help on something if news happens that I'm needed to help with ... sigh ...

So you have to stay sober, hot damn!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Sassy wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Well ... there's sober and then there's "sober" Smile

Luckily for me, unless there's a freakin' terrorist attack, the main thing I might be asked to do on a day off is help manage things if we find out that a coach has been messing with one of his (or her, we did have one "her") athletes. In which case I would mainly be called upon to sic a reporter after them, gather up any contact information I might have, and maybe get pressed into leaving a voicemail on someone's phone because they never, ever answer calls when they do that stuff ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:28 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Well ... there's sober and then there's "sober" Smile

Luckily for me, unless there's a freakin' terrorist attack, the main thing I might be asked to do on a day off is help manage things if we find out that a coach has been messing with one of his (or her, we did have one "her") athletes. In which case I would mainly be called upon to sic a reporter after them, gather up any contact information I might have, and maybe get pressed into leaving a voicemail on someone's phone because they never, ever answer calls when they do that stuff ...

Well, as long as you can have a bit of a celebration then, that's ok.

Back to top Go down

Please note a change to the rules - Page 2 Empty An Apology On Behalf Of The Administrator Of The Forum

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:28 pm

The administrator of the forum made a terrible error of judgement tonight and published the IP address of one or more members.

I was quick enough to reprimand him (quite sternly) and he has put right his wrongdoing.

I expect none of you who saw this and maybe took a screenshot to use the leaked information, whether you enjoy the company of these posters or not.

BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:31 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:The administrator of the forum made a terrible error of judgement tonight and published the IP address of one or more members.

I was quick enough to reprimand him (quite sternly) and he has put right his wrongdoing.

I expect none of you who saw this and maybe took a screenshot to use the leaked information, whether you enjoy the company of these posters or not.

BigAndy9

So what's this about, BA? I already admitted my mistake  ::D:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:39 pm

Well, my IP changes every day because I turn my router off at night.   Luckily you didn't put up the email addresses, after all, unusual ones can show a lot more, if someone is pretending to be someone else for example.   Anyway, if you go down the bottom to 'Who is on Line' a map comes up of where people are posting from, with is their IP address.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:42 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:The administrator of the forum made a terrible error of judgement tonight and published the IP address of one or more members.

BigAndy9

And to be honest i don`t think its actually illegal they are many forums where the ip address is attached to the post

Christ, even floppy has an app that states this is your IP address yada yada yada every time you visit
That gives the impression to less knowledgeable people your IP address is published

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:42 pm

Sassy wrote:Well, my IP changes every day because I turn my router off at night.   Luckily you didn't put up the email addresses, after all, unusual ones can show a lot more, if someone is pretending to be someone else for example.   Anyway, if you go down the bottom to 'Who is on Line' a map comes up of where people are posting from, with is their IP address.

IP addresses mean Jack-shit anyway! Let his has been established over and over again!
Roving IP's can show people as anywhere they like.
Means nothing and we all know this sassy.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:46 pm

Korban_Dallas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

And to be honest i don`t think its actually illegal they are many forums where the ip address is attached to the post

Christ, even floppy has an app that states this is your IP address yada yada yada every time you visit
That gives the impression to less knowledgeable people  your IP address is published

"gives the impression"

What was the point of this post, TiTS?

Flip does not publish IP addresses.

Benji does, purely out of spite. He clearly doesn't like a certain person, believes that was that person so published what he believes is their IP address for all to see and copy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:52 pm

Oh do put a gob stopper in your mouth, we all know IP addresses mean nothing, shown on the map down the bottom. (You probably haven't been clever enough to realise that) And that's on all forumotion sites. Now an email address would be a problem, but that didn't happen, so shut up trying to do your normal shit stirring and making a mountain out of a very small mole hill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:59 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:

That gives the impression to less knowledgeable people  your IP address is published

"gives the impression"

What was the point of this post, TiTS?

Flip does not publish IP addresses.

Benji does, purely out of spite.  He clearly doesn't like a certain person, believes that was that person so published what he believes is their IP address for all to see and copy.
well as dean is publishing hacked emails/PM`s and has been sanctioned for it
it would not be a stretch ....who know what he uses the information he gleans for
with analytical software he has running on his site that logs what site you came from and go to via his site

So say you were on your bank page before clicking on your flap link he knows that .......FFs why do you think i never visited more than the front page

yes ben made an error, but not I suspect an illegal one just one that he his self would rather not do ,and when you point out that he corrected it immediately that's more than be said for the many errors you make chum
However, as usual, you go straight in to condescending twat mode
honestly It`s comedy gold

ps
"Gives the impression " why would an admin want to give that impression is the real question i think
Would that be to set up people for more threats and bullying  as he tried to do with a couple of people
Till I pointed out it was bullshit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:56 am

so i see ben has decided to use his discretion and discretely NOT ban himself

good thing we have mods with so much common sense eh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:00 am

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smelly is right for once. Bingo!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:04 am

BigAndy9
I think your details will be safe on here, BA. Not sure I would be so confident about the safe thing at the other place.

Last edited by Handy Andy on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:05 am

smelly_bandit wrote:so i see ben has decided to use his discretion and discretely NOT ban himself

good thing we have mods with so much common sense eh

Man, like I said, if I could ban myself, I would have the last time I got fed up with you people.

Luckily for you, Forumotion doesn't let site founders ban themselves, we have to go through this whole thing where we have to designate someone else or delete the whole site, and I was too afraid to ask if you wanted the job ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:06 am

Handy Andy wrote:

BigAndy9
I think your details will be safe on here, BA. Not sure I would be so confident about the safe thing at the other place.

Hell, I've been posting it all night, might as well do it again:

PERSIANS: Spartans! Lay down your weapons!

LEONIDAS: Persians! COME AND GET THEM!!!!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:36 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. What was it that your own President Truman said about hot kitchens?

Having said that, God how I miss it! Since I retired, the only call I have received from any of my erstwhile fellow hacks was to ask for the phone number of my successor.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:41 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:In light of a few things that have gone on recently, a line has been added to the NewsFix rules that I wanted to make sure to announce. It's very simple and I don't think it should be controversial:

"Posts that include personal details about a particular member in abusive fashion are not allowed, and members who abusively post personal information about others may be subject to administrative action, including a permanent ban, at the administrators' discretion."

This is in keeping with the spirit of our other rules which all basically say the same thing -- what we're trying to encourage and cultivate here is debate, not fighting.

I understand some people enjoy fighting, but there are other sites for that. From the beginning, NF has been about encouraging civil debate, and we haven't given up on that.

What do you mean by "personal details" or "personal information"?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:In light of a few things that have gone on recently, a line has been added to the NewsFix rules that I wanted to make sure to announce. It's very simple and I don't think it should be controversial:

this might help answer your question

http://ico.org.uk/~/media/documents/library/Freedom_of_Information/Detailed_specialist_guides/personal-information-section-40-and-regulation-13-foia-and-eir-guidance.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:53 pm

Korban_Dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

http://ico.org.uk/~/media/documents/library/Freedom_of_Information/Detailed_specialist_guides/personal-information-section-40-and-regulation-13-foia-and-eir-guidance.pdf

I wasn't asking you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:16 pm

But he gave you the information, so why does it matter who it came from?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:

I wasn't asking you.
Welllll excuse me!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:28 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:
Hell, I've been posting it all night, might as well do it again:

PERSIANS: Spartans! Lay down your weapons!

LEONIDAS: Persians! COME AND GET THEM!!!!

you forgot friends, Romans and couuntrymen....I'm coming to find you and force you to take me to a cowboys game so I can laugh at Romo ......
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:41 pm

Sassy wrote:But he gave you the information, so why does it matter who it came from?

Is Korban a mind reader then?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Things like information about family members, residency, etc.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Sassy wrote:But he gave you the information, so why does it matter who it came from?

Is Korban a mind reader then?
No , but thought the actual legislation would be of interest to you
Hence my reply to your question... I am sorry if that upsets you just trying to help, my bad ,will remember next time

ps
"might"
As in "might help " Expressing a possibility based on an unfulfilled condition

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:51 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Does that include fictitious stories about posters or their family members?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

like rape and pedophilia accusations you mean

ps
that's a question to you premises

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:56 pm

Korban_Dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

ps

I wasn't addressing you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Korban_Dallas wrote:

ps

I wasn't addressing you.

Lol Raggs did you roll out of bed the wrong side?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next