NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vote UKIP? It seems more than a few did

5 posters

Go down

Vote UKIP? It seems more than a few did Empty Vote UKIP? It seems more than a few did

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Nigel Farage has pledged to take seats in Westminster after a historic triumph over the main parties in the European elections.

The party topped the European polls in the UK, leaving the Labour Party vying with the Conservatives for second place and the Lib Dems all but wiped out.

Mr Farage has hailed his party's first win in a national election - taking 24 MEP seats - as an "earthquake" in British politics and said: "UKIP is going to win seats in the elections next year."

Coming a year ahead of the General Election, it is the first time a party other than the Conservatives or Labour has topped a nationwide poll in 108 years.

The Lib Dems lost all but one of its 11 MEPs, with the party coming in fifth place after the Greens, leading to serious questions over the survival of the party's leader, Nick Clegg.

The Prime Minister told Sky News he understood voters were deeply disillusioned with the EU and said: "The message on Europe I absolutely receive and understand." He ruled out any pact with UKIP and said the Conservatives were ready to "renegotiate Britain's place in Europe".

Mr Farage, whose party also won a seat in Scotland, said: "The implications for Nick Clegg are very serious indeed, the implications for Ed Miliband and very serious indeed and for David Cameron, perhaps not quite as bad but that debate, that split within the party is going to continue."

He said he was looking at seats for the party to target and would be assembling a team of spokesmen on issues such as defence to make sure the party was no longer seen as a "one man band".

In his speech after topping the poll in the South East, Mr Farage pledged: "You have not heard the last of us" and added: "We will see you in Westminster".

Nick Griffin lost his seat on the European Parliament
With only Northern Ireland's results yet to come in of the 12 UK regions, UKIP has 29.1% of the vote, Labour 25.4%, the Conservatives 24.6%, the Greens 7.9% and the Lib Dems 6.9%. There was a turnout of 36%.

UKIP is among a host of Eurosceptic parties across the continent looking set to make major gains as voters express anger at the financial crisis that crippled many countries in the 28-member bloc.

Ed Miliband congratulated Mr Farage on his win but said his own party's performance in the local elections and triumph over the Tories in the European elections showed "progress".

After criticism for a "lacklustre" campaign, he said: "I think we did well for a party which in 2010 got one of its worse shares of the vote ever in national elections."

Mr Clegg was coming for increasing pressure over his leadership, with some in the party calling for him to go.

But senior Liberal Democrats insisted he was "going nowhere".

BNP leader Nick Griffin failed to be re-elected as an MEP in the North West, telling Sky News: "We'll be back."

http://news.sky.com/story/1268952/european-elections-ukip-tops-british-polls

Back to top Go down

Vote UKIP? It seems more than a few did Empty Re: Vote UKIP? It seems more than a few did

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 1:06 pm

Judging by the council elections, he will be lucky to win four seats, it was obvious, when most polled said half would not vote for them, (who voted for them in the EU) in a general election. Mainly as they also see their policies are poor and the fact their vote was a protest vote to wake up the main parties

Back to top Go down

Vote UKIP? It seems more than a few did Empty Re: Vote UKIP? It seems more than a few did

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Didge wrote:Judging by the council elections, he will be lucky to win four seats, it was obvious, when most polled said half would not vote for them, (who voted for them in the EU) in a general election. Mainly as they also see their policies are poor and the fact their vote was a protest vote to wake up the main parties

Maybe Didge but it is a hell of a protest in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Nems wrote:
Didge wrote:Judging by the council elections, he will be lucky to win four seats, it was obvious, when most polled said half would not vote for them, (who voted for them in the EU) in a general election. Mainly as they also see their policies are poor and the fact their vote was a protest vote to wake up the main parties

It was a very vocal protest, one of which I think now provides ammunition for reform within the EU.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 1:13 pm

Didge wrote:
Nems wrote:

It was a very vocal protest, one of which I think now provides ammunition for reform within the EU.

I dont see how the EU can reform though Didge. Its too big, too corrupt and provides a very good living for too many vested interests. I cant imagine how they could even begin to reform that mess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 1:15 pm

Nems wrote:
Didge wrote:

I dont see how the EU can reform though Didge. Its too big, too corrupt and provides a very good living for too many vested interests. I cant imagine how they could even begin to reform that mess.

Of course it can, if they do not reform then nations will end up leaving, which is the worst case scenario for them, as stated this now offers room for reform.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 1:17 pm

More to the point the internal rules of the EU are written to exclude reform anyway.

One presumes that didge is referring to a protest vote when UKIP got an MEP in Scotland? Is he allowing any consideration that this is more than just a one off protest vote and might actually be people gaining a solid voice for what they actually want?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 1:19 pm

sphinx wrote:More to the point the internal rules of the EU are written to exclude reform anyway.

One presumes that didge is referring to a protest vote when UKIP got an MEP in Scotland?  Is he allowing any consideration that this is more than just a one off protest vote and might actually be people gaining a solid voice for what they actually want?

Of course it is a protest vote, many see that accept die hard Ukippers, the reality is many polled stated around half they would not vote for UKIP in a general election, which if you half the support they got puts them back on a par with their percentage vote.
You delude yourself Sphinx as once many BNP supporters, did, I guarantee you now and bet you that you will not get more than 5 seats in a general election, even that is being generous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 1:24 pm

Seeing as we have polled considerably more than we did in the last EU elections even if that drops to half it is still considerably more than we polled in the last GE.

It certainly is not the fade into invisibility certain people have been claiming is going to happen in the desperate hope that it will happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 1:26 pm

sphinx wrote:Seeing as we have polled considerably more than we did in the last EU elections even if that drops to half it is still considerably more than we polled in the last GE.

It certainly is not the fade into invisibility certain people have been claiming is going to happen in the desperate hope that it will happen.

The latest yougov poll puts you back on 13% for a general election and even that is not even a guarantee you will win a seat, you have to have majorities within seats to win them. I think in the long term this will have done the Tories a favour, they will be able to get reform off the back of this protest vote and win the next election when many people will vote on the state of the economy as they always mainly do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 1:30 pm

It's no gonnae happen ..as you say Didge, at best UKIP will get a handful of seats at next year's GE..

People voted strongly for them in the European elections, but most people will not back them on other matters.

As I said, many vote for  them rebelliously and   solely on immigration and EU membership issues.

Sphinx, you said all this about BNP, don't you feel a bit of a knob now?..

You will next year, they will make gains, but nowhere near enough to inflict severe damage to other parties ..(well, just maybe the Liberals Smile)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 1:39 pm

The council elections prove this Joy, that the voting comparison from that to the EU elections was completely different, thus UKIP have done very well in the EU elections, but the council elections show this view is not similar at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 1:42 pm

lefties are shitting themselves i see

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 1:45 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:lefties are shitting themselves i see

The bog standard answer from smelly, I do not think anyone is shitting themselves anf in fact have to thank UKIP for providing ammunition to get EU reform. AS seen UKIP did not even win a council seat, they will be lucky to win for seats in Parliament, you just get a hard on as you once did with the BNP, that is what is funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 26, 2014 3:27 pm

BULLSHIT DODGE!!!

UKIP got loads of council seats.

And as I predicted, won most votes and most seats in EU elections.

This is not a flash in the pan, and the EU is a busted flush that needs flushing away.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 3:34 pm

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

You wonder why many think you are a wally.
If that was a general election they would be lucky to win one seat

[th][/th][th]Councils[/th][th]Seats[/th][th]Party[/th][th]Total[/th][th]Change+/-[/th][th]Total[/th][th]Change+/-[/th][th]Labour[/th][th]Conservative[/th][th]Liberal Democrat[/th][th]United Kingdom Independence Party[/th]
82+62101+338
41-111360-230
6-2427-310
00163+161

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 26, 2014 3:56 pm

That is yet to be seen dodge.

And after this victory, anything is possible!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon May 26, 2014 4:40 pm

Alot of people interviewed said they wanted the government to listen,that voting UKIP was only a protest vote but there is no denying that whatever the motivation they received the most votes.

But Labour will win the general election, they are the credible party and did very well,certainly better than I feared they would.They gained 17 seats I believe and the Tories lost the same amount.Poor poor night for the Tories.

As for the Lib Dems I have no idea what they are going to do. cheers 

(based on EU votes not council)
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 26, 2014 5:02 pm

Labour lies and spin.

Lib dems lies and spin.

Tory lies and spin.

All pro EU, all allowing mass immigration.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon May 26, 2014 5:05 pm

May I ask were the people on here who vote UKIP now once BNP voters?
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Christ this is getting boring ... every third comment I see here these days is about these kooks.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Mon May 26, 2014 6:28 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Christ this is getting boring ... every third comment I see here these days is about these kooks.

You mean...UKIP voters? Laughing 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 26, 2014 6:45 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Christ this is getting boring ... every third comment I see here these days is about these kooks.

Erm that's because we've had a European election going on Ben?  Rolling Eyes 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 7:37 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:May I ask were the people on here who vote UKIP now once BNP voters?
Hardly any - mostly disenchanted Tory supporters and quite a few Labour ones. In fact the obnoxious Nick Griffin was on Sky last night, after he'd lost his MEP seat, slagging off UKIP, because they weren't racist enough for him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 7:47 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:May I ask were the people on here who vote UKIP now once BNP voters?
Hardly any - mostly disenchanted Tory supporters and quite a few Labour ones.  In fact the obnoxious Nick Griffin was on Sky last night, after he'd lost his MEP seat, slagging off UKIP, because they weren't racist enough for him!

Actually many are ex BNP, which UKIP admit to themselves they have attracted many ex-BNP supporters.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 26, 2014 7:48 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
Hardly any - mostly disenchanted Tory supporters and quite a few Labour ones.  In fact the obnoxious Nick Griffin was on Sky last night, after he'd lost his MEP seat, slagging off UKIP, because they weren't racist enough for him!

Thick Griffin is an areshole.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 26, 2014 10:10 pm

eddie wrote:

Like I said in one of the other threads -- that doesn't mean it's the only thing to talk about.

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 10:13 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Like I said in one of the other threads -- that doesn't mean it's the only thing to talk about.

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep 

Lol just wait until your next election that goes on for about a year!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Nems wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Well, you won't see me acting like it's the only thing going on on Planet Earth -- I hate that mentality.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon May 26, 2014 10:23 pm

I'm tempted to say to the Ukippers...

"Go back to your constituencies and prepare for government."

Remember Liberal leader David Steel saying that in 1981 but it fizzled out by the time the GE election came along.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 10:44 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:

Well, you won't see me acting like it's the only thing going on on Planet Earth -- I hate that mentality.

thank goodness, US elections are mind melting

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 26, 2014 10:47 pm

Nems wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Nems wrote:

thank goodness, US elections are mind melting

They certainly are, I think we need to drastically tamp down on the amount spent on political ads and that we've gone way overboard with the number of primary debates. The media coverage of it is just overwhelming because cost-cutting newsrooms just want to make a news story out of every last utterance of each candidate.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 26, 2014 10:53 pm

Nick griffin is the straw man of anti mass immigration argument.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down