NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UKIP Increase Share Of Vote By 14% In Manchester By-Election

Go down

UKIP Increase Share Of Vote By 14% In Manchester By-Election Empty UKIP Increase Share Of Vote By 14% In Manchester By-Election

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:15 pm

Valentine's Day

David Cameron said he would listen to the "signal" sent by voters after Ukip pushed the Conservatives into third place in the Wythenshawe by-election, as Labour hold the safe seat.

Mike Kane is Westminster's newest MP after taking 55 per cent of the vote in the Wythenshaw and Sale East by-election, triggered by the death of Paul Goggins.

Ukip's John Bickley pushed the Conservatives into third place, taking 4,301 votes, while the Liberal Democrats came fourth, losing their deposit for the eighth time this Parliament.

David Cameron said Ukip had failed to secure "the kind of breakthrough that people were talking about" but promised to listen "very carefully" to its voters.

"When people know there's a by-election, they know the Government isn't going to change, that obviously messages and signals are sent and protests are made and government should always listen to those things and I always do," he said.

Labour increased its share of the vote by 11% while Ukip's share increased by 14%.

Ukip candidate John Bickley said he was "over the moon" with the result and claimed his party was "in better shape" than the Conservatives.

He told Sky News: "We've taken votes off all of them and that includes Labour."

In the 2010 general election Ukip finished fifth in the seat, and the Tories came second.

It is the latest in a number of by-elections that has seen Ukip take second place, including South Shields and Eastleigh last year.

Nigel Farage, the Ukip leader, said he was "very pleased" with the result.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10637931/Wythenshawe-by-election-Cameron-promises-to-listen-to-Ukip.html

Back to top Go down

UKIP Increase Share Of Vote By 14% In Manchester By-Election Empty Re: UKIP Increase Share Of Vote By 14% In Manchester By-Election

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:30 pm

What is "the signal" which Dave speaks of?

Please discuss.

Back to top Go down

UKIP Increase Share Of Vote By 14% In Manchester By-Election Empty Re: UKIP Increase Share Of Vote By 14% In Manchester By-Election

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:33 pm

Not bad considering it wasnt even on the top 200 of targeted seats for UKIP.

I will take the medias stuffing of the result as far down their pages as they think they can get away with as further confirmation that attempts to rubbish UKIP are not working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:37 pm

Nothing new here, please move along>>>>

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:38 pm

excellent news ..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:38 pm

sphinx wrote:Not bad considering it wasnt even on the top 200 of targeted seats for UKIP.

I will take the medias stuffing of the result as far down their pages as they think they can get away with as further confirmation that attempts to rubbish UKIP are not working.

I had to type Wythenshawe ukip in to google - hadn't seen anything in the Mail or on Sky News.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Joy Division wrote:Nothing new here, please move along>>>>

Oh I dont know JD - UKIP getting the biggest increase in votes is something - then again seeing as it is the standard result now I guess its not really new.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:49 pm

So, anybody any ideas of what Dave means when he says "the signal"?

What is it UKIP are saying that Dave isn't?

And will Dave really follow UKIP's lead, as he is promising?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:52 pm

Dave thinks the signal is about immigration and referendum.

What the signal actually is about is small government.

He will not follow UKIPs lead because he cannot understand why they are leading.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:04 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Valentine's Day

David Cameron said he would listen to the "signal" sent by voters after Ukip pushed the Conservatives into third place in the Wythenshawe by-election, as Labour hold the safe seat.

Mike Kane is Westminster's newest MP after taking 55 per cent of the vote in the Wythenshaw and Sale East by-election, triggered by the death of Paul Goggins.

Ukip's John Bickley pushed the Conservatives into third place, taking 4,301 votes, while the Liberal Democrats came fourth, losing their deposit for the eighth time this Parliament.

David Cameron said Ukip had failed to secure "the kind of breakthrough that people were talking about" but promised to listen "very carefully" to its voters.

"When people know there's a by-election, they know the Government isn't going to change, that obviously messages and signals are sent and protests are made and government should always listen to those things and I always do," he said.

Labour increased its share of the vote by 11% while Ukip's share increased by 14%.

Ukip candidate John Bickley said he was "over the moon" with the result and claimed his party was "in better shape" than the Conservatives.

In the 2010 general election Ukip finished fifth in the seat, and the Tories came second.

It is the latest in a number of by-elections that has seen Ukip take second place, including South Shields and Eastleigh last year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/10637931/Wythenshawe-by-election-Cameron-promises-to-listen-to-Ukip.html

cheers cheers cheers 

UKIP taking votes off the Tories, not Labour!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:34 pm

sphinx wrote:Dave thinks the signal is about immigration and referendum.

What the signal actually is about is small government.

He will not follow UKIPs lead because he cannot understand why they are leading.

I think it is about immigration and foreigners taking all of our money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:59 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Valentine's Day

cheers cheers cheers 

How could they take Labour's votes? Most of them are postal votes from people who don't live in the UK or are dead!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Tess. wrote:
Catman wrote:

cheers cheers cheers 

How could they take Labour's votes?  Most of them are postal votes from people who don't live in the UK or are dead!

lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Tess. wrote:
Catman wrote:

cheers cheers cheers 

How could they take Labour's votes?  Most of them are postal votes from people who don't live in the UK or are dead!

posting shite as usual  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:50 pm

Catman wrote:
Tess. wrote:

"Labour's candidate, Michael Kane, retained the seat with 13,261 votes, a majority of over 8,000 on a low turnout of 28.24%. A total of 10,141 postal votes were cast and only 13,883 on the day.

Nigel Farage, the Ukip leader, protested at the way in which postal ballots had been sent out within three days of the election being called. He said: "I have been on benders for longer than the opening of the nominations and the start of the postal ballots. This has been a farce."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/14/wythenshawe-byelection-labour-win-reduced-turnout

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Tess. wrote:
Catman wrote:

"Labour's candidate, Michael Kane, retained the seat with 13,261 votes, a majority of over 8,000 on a low turnout of 28.24%. A total of 10,141 postal votes were cast and only 13,883 on the day.

Nigel Farage, the Ukip leader, protested at the way in which postal ballots had been sent out within three days of the election being called. He said: "I have been on benders for longer than the opening of the nominations and the start of the postal ballots. This has been a farce."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/14/wythenshawe-byelection-labour-win-reduced-turnout

You can live in the UK and still get a postal vote, it would be impossible for a dead person to get a postal vote, best stick to your wacko conspiracy theory site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:08 pm

I am delighted with the result. Every 10 new UKIP voters are made up of 3 ex Labour, 1 ex LibDumb and 6 tory.
This augers well for Labour next year, they can afford to lose a few vote to Farage , but is a catastrophe for Dave, who looks likey to get thrashed.
The clue is an embarrassing silence from the tory supporting press
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:14 pm

Catman wrote:
Tess. wrote:

You can live in the UK and still get a postal vote, it would be impossible for a dead person to get a postal vote, best stick to your wacko conspiracy theory site.
I'll post on whichever damn site I like without your permission thank you. And you reply shows how gullible/stupid you are. What checks are made on postal votes? None. I still receive a voting card here for someone who moved eight years ago - could be dead, who knows? I'd like to see an inquiry set up about postal voting, with better checks made.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:21 pm

Tess. wrote:
Catman wrote:

I'll post on whichever damn site I like without your permission thank you.  And you reply shows how gullible/stupid you are.  What checks are made on postal votes? None.  I still receive a voting card here for someone who moved eight years ago - could be dead, who knows?  I'd like to see an inquiry set up about postal voting, with better checks made.

You have to register by phone or post every time there is an election in this country, so your lying as usual, unless it's different in Ireland.
You are the gullible/stupid RW tard who goes on wacko conspiracy theory sites!
 ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:35 pm

Handy Andy wrote:I am delighted with the result. Every 10 new UKIP voters are made up of 3 ex Labour, 1 ex LibDumb and 6 tory.
This augers well for Labour next year, they can afford to lose a few vote to Farage , but is a catastrophe for Dave, who looks likey to get thrashed.
The clue is an embarrassing silence from the tory supporting press

So even in Labours most secure seats UKIP are still taking voters off them - and you think that is something to celebrate  ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Tess. wrote:
Catman wrote:

I'm not sure why the residents of Wythenshawe would all be using postal votes - Wythenshawe residents (Wythenshawe, the largest council estate in Europe) are mainly the white British scallies we all read about.

Now, why would a load of TV-watching benefits scroungers who sit at home all day be using postal votes? I know they're lazy, but that lazy??

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down