NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it ever ok to use the N word?

+5
Eilzel
eddie
HoratioTarr
Raggamuffin
Fluffyx
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is it ever ok to use the N word? Empty Is it ever ok to use the N word?

Post by Fluffyx Fri May 09, 2014 10:10 am

I am debating elsewhere about the use of the N word and what has shocked me is the overwhelming majority seem to think white people should be able to say the N word if black people choose to.

Firstly,I would never dream of using the N word personally,it just isn't part of my vocab.Secondly if some black people want to use the N word to reclaim it and take away its power that's their business,not mine.It doesn't mean I should be able to use it.

Others however seem to believe that if black people are allowed to use an offensive term( i.e in hip hop and rap music) then they are wrong and obstructing peace between people of different ethnicities by continuing to use the word.

Well,I think that black people who do choose to use that word are permitted to do so and it is not white people's place to comment,let alone judge! They are attempting to take away the power of the word and what it once was symbolic of,slavery and repression and hate.

I think white people who judge black people for saying it are outrageous.Just wondered what other forum members think.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Is it ever ok to use the N word? Empty Re: Is it ever ok to use the N word?

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 10:15 am

FFS

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 09, 2014 10:19 am

I think what someone said is that neither white people nor black people should use the word actually.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 09, 2014 10:27 am

If a black man used that word to another black man in my place of work, I would ask them not to use that language.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 10:28 am

Nems wrote:FFS

Why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri May 09, 2014 10:39 am

Thanks for that response..!

Given us much to think about there.

Last edited by FluffyBunny on Fri May 09, 2014 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri May 09, 2014 10:41 am

Raggamuffin wrote:If a black man used that word to another black man in my place of work, I would ask them not to use that language.

I don't think they would though.

The majority of black people don't use it and find it repulsive.

But a minority of black people do and some people are suggesting that as a result of that,they should be allowed to use the word also.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 09, 2014 10:42 am

This is what I think. Let's say a black child overhears two black men call each other the N word. They're going to ask what that means aren't they? What do you tell them? Do you tell them that it's fine because those two men are the same colour as each other?

What if a white child overhears them? They will also ask what it means. What do you tell them? That it's a word which some people can use and others can't? What sense would that make to them?

Why create a situation where you are pitting white people against black people before they're even grown up?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 09, 2014 10:43 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:If a black man used that word to another black man in my place of work, I would ask them not to use that language.

But a minority of black people do and some people are suggesting that as a result of that,they should be allowed to use the word also.

Who suggested that?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 10:43 am

What I said on the other thread:

They actually use the word Nigga, and it is in regards to empowerment and bond between some black people due to the racism used through the word n---er from whites and is also used to take the piss as in they can say it but whites cannot, which on that I see the irony with piss taking those with who are racist towards them

I myself think it is wrong that they do and they actually endorse people to use it against them by doing so as again it makes some whites use that they do say this to claim it is okay to say, so to me they are actually back firing because other blacks you do not use this are then targets because of some of these blacks using the word for each other.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t4567-so-am-i-racist-then

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri May 09, 2014 10:49 am

Didge wrote:What I said on the other thread:

They actually use the word Nigga, and it is in regards to empowerment and bond between some black people due to the racism used through the word n---er from whites and is also used to take the piss as in they can say it but whites cannot, which on that I see the irony with piss taking those with who are racist towards them

I myself think it is wrong that they do and they actually endorse people to use it against them by doing so as again it makes some whites use that they do say this to claim it is okay to say, so to me they are actually back firing because other blacks you do not use this are then targets because of some of these blacks using the word for each other.

Ah sorry Didge I did not know this was being discussed elsewhere.I was not on here yesterday.

I, like you,don't see why they would want to use the word but I feel if they do then it is not my place to judge them. And I certainly wouldn't want to claim I should be able to use the word aswell,why on earth would I want to??

I honestly feel white people should just put up and shut up here,we are in no position to judge.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri May 09, 2014 10:52 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Who suggested that?

Some people feel a word is either offensive or it isn't so if black people are allowed to use it then white people should also be allowed.

Personally I think this is completely missing the point and such an absurd viewpoint it becomes laughable.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 09, 2014 10:55 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Who suggested that?

Some people feel a word is either offensive or it isn't so if black people are allowed to use it then white people should also be allowed.

Personally I think this is completely missing the point and such an absurd viewpoint it becomes laughable.

I asked who suggested it. You can name names - I've been reading the thread.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri May 09, 2014 10:56 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

I don't want to get banned so I think it's best I don't.
I honestly wanted to know if other people agreed with them.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 10:56 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Didge wrote:What I said on the other thread:

Ah sorry Didge I did not know this was being discussed elsewhere.I was not on here yesterday.

I, like you,don't see why they would want to use the word but I feel if they do then it is not my place to judge them. And I certainly wouldn't want to claim I should be able to use the word aswell,why on earth would I want to??

I honestly feel white people should just put up and shut up here,we are in no position to judge.

The thread was today Fluffy
In time the word will pass into memory as much of the youth today are growing up without so much prejudice, which is mainly down to the last 30 years of people growing up around many different children from ethnic groups. It shows many children grow up, not all of course without the fears spouted by some parents, of which the same happens within the work place for adults, hence why in reality this country is one of the most tolerant in the world. The recent rise of prejudice views is nothing new and always occurs during and after recessions, as people look to scapegoat others due to hard times. As things improve so do people's out looks and they stop blaming others.
The pattern always follows the same where ever in the world and in history.
That is why UKIP will not do well next year, the economy being stronger, more people in work will make the difference as it always has done in general elections

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 11:00 am

Why did you say FFS Nems?, was it because Fluffy made a mistake by not realising this was being discussed on another thread, or is it because of the subject about the N word being discussed?

A wee bit more info from you would have helped Dear Nems!x Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 09, 2014 11:01 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well if they didn't say it, your question is not valid.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 11:02 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

That is absurd because people start many thread on view points not even stated, it is not down to you to dictate what threads are, blimey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 09, 2014 11:14 am

So nobody on another forum said it then.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri May 09, 2014 11:16 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That is absurd because people start many thread on view points not even stated, it is not down to you to dictate what threads are, blimey.

An intriguing topic. I feel that N word should not be used at all and that all the battle of past generations to gain equality for those of a black ethnic race is belittled with it's further usage. However, as is the way of those who feel the sting of prejudice, it's not anyone elses fucking business.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri May 09, 2014 11:18 am

Joy Division wrote:

Why did you say FFS Nems?, was it because Fluffy made a mistake by not realising this was being discussed on another thread, or is it because of the subject about the N word being discussed?

I do apologise JD,I didn't know the exact same topic was being discussed elsewhere...! ::hdintowll:: 

I feel a bit daft lol
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 11:20 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I do apologise JD,I didn't know the exact same topic was being discussed elsewhere...! ::hdintowll:: 

I feel a bit daft lol

.there's no need for an apology Fluffy,it's a genuine mistake we all have and do make, I just wasn't sure why Nems was so brief!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri May 09, 2014 11:20 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

An intriguing topic.   I feel that N word should not be used at all and that all the battle of past generations to gain equality for those of a black ethnic race is belittled with it's further usage.  However, as is the way of those who feel the sting of prejudice, it's not anyone elses fucking business.

I agree with this 100% especially your last statement.

I can't believe some white people even dare pass judgement on it tbh.They have no right to do so as far as I'm concerned. I find most of my time reading forums in shocked disbelief.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 09, 2014 11:21 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

An intriguing topic.   I feel that N word should not be used at all and that all the battle of past generations to gain equality for those of a black ethnic race is belittled with it's further usage.  However, as is the way of those who feel the sting of prejudice, it's not anyone elses fucking business.

I can't believe some white people even dare pass judgement on it tbh.They have no right to do so as far as I'm concerned. I find most of my time reading forums in shocked disbelief.

Why shouldn't they pass judgement? If they find it offensive, they're entitled to say so.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri May 09, 2014 11:23 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Why shouldn't they pass judgement? If they find it offensive, they're entitled to say so.

No,they are not! For the Love of God this is not our place to judge,surely even you must know that in your heart of heart's.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 09, 2014 11:24 am

FluffyBunny wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No,they are not! For the Love of God this is not our place to judge,surely even you must know that in your heart of heart's.

Yes they are. Why do you think that white people are not entitled to be offended by a racist word?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 11:26 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Don't you see it shows how desperate and immature you are , feeling the need to belittle and insult people because they are black?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 09, 2014 11:33 am

Joy Division wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Don't you see it shows how desperate and immature you are , feeling the need to belittle and insult people because they are black?

Where have I insulted a person for being black? Do quote the post.

Anyway, white people have been told for years and years that the N word is a no-no, so what is the point of black people using it? It will confuse children and keep it all going.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri May 09, 2014 11:34 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

Yes they are. Why do you think that white people are not entitled to be offended by a racist word?

Of course. That's called respect. Something those who feel the need to empower themselves with free speech by disarming an historic insult are also entitled to.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Fri May 09, 2014 12:58 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Of course.   That's called respect.   Something those who feel the need to empower themselves with free speech by disarming an historic insult are also entitled to.

Exactly this,very eloquently put.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 1:11 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Of course.   That's called respect.   Something those who feel the need to empower themselves with free speech by disarming an historic insult are also entitled to.

Very well expressed and spot on.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Some might say they are just words.
What is in a word anyway?

I'll be perfectly honest, I've been called names and I couldn't give a stuff up a turkey's arse.
Black people have called me Honkey, white trash, white meat.....who cares?

They're just words really.

It's like I said way back: you could find the word Frogturd offensive if you choose to.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri May 09, 2014 1:56 pm

eddie wrote:Some might say they are just words.

I'll be perfectly honest, I've been called names and I couldn't give a stuff up a turkey's arse.

It's like I said way back: you could find the word Frogturd offensive if you choose to.
rds

Words have intentions and intentions have an energy all their own. Some like your good self, can cope. Others, have committed suicide over people calling them names. We should all think before we hurt.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 3:58 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

It can be made to be others business in the fight against prejudice, how do you think such prejudice views are overcome in the first place by people not uniting together against such views. If we took your stance, no doubt people would still be suffering such racial abuse without protection from the law. So no I do not agree it is nobody else's business and neither does the law.
Your first point was good though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 4:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Where have I insulted a person for being black? Do quote the post.

Anyway, white people have been told for years and years that the N word is a no-no, so what is the point of black people using it? It will confuse children and keep it all going.

Black people tend to use it amongst themselves as a way of making it sound not so bad, as they were often used to whites calling them that or referring to them as such Rags....

Well,that's what I think , but for a white to call a black the N word would be racist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 4:57 pm

Well when i only start seeing it in history books i'll believe they are serious about it being a word that belongs in the past.

But using the word for just about anything, well, that is also fine by me, but don't tell me when i can and can't use it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 4:59 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Well when i only start seeing it in history books i'll believe they are serious about it being a word that belongs in the past.

But using the word for just about anything, well, that is also fine by me, but don't tell me when i can and can't use it!

The law can

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 4:59 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Well when i only start seeing it in history books i'll believe they are serious about it being a word that belongs in the past.

..while your posting here , Ben will let you know if you can or can't say it repeatedly on here Andy.

Can't think of a valid reason why you would want to anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 5:01 pm

Joy Division wrote:

..while your posting here , Ben will let you know if you can or can't say it repeatedly on here Andy.

The law can

I am the law.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 5:05 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

The law can

I am the law.

So you are Judge Dredd then?

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri May 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It can be made to be others business in the fight against prejudice, how do you think such prejudice views are overcome in the first place by people not uniting together against such views. If we took your stance, no doubt people would still be suffering such racial abuse without protection from the law. So no I do not agree it is nobody else's business and neither does the law.

Does the law state that a black person cannot refer to themselves by that word?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri May 09, 2014 5:10 pm

Yeah all those slavers and later KKK members were using the word n---er as a term of endearment; and the nutters who use the word faggot when decrying gays the right to marry or even claim we should be criminalized, they just see it as a word of description, it's the rest of us who are being over sensitive right?...

And slut; whore; b---h; slag etc, not demeaning words for women at all  Neutral 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 5:11 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

Why would it matter, as how can a black person be derogatory to themselves in regards to being black?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Why would it matter, as how can a black person be derogatory to themselves in regards to being black?

...some black people do use the term within other blacks though Didge, I don't think they mean it as derogatory though, in fact, I think they mean it in a similar way to saying brother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 5:16 pm

Eilzel wrote:

Yeah all those slavers and later KKK members were using the word n---er as a term of endearment; and the nutters who use the word faggot when decrying gays the right to marry or even claim we should be criminalized, they just see it as a word of description, it's the rest of us who are being over sensitive right?...

Your right Les, it's not hard to not use offensive words, just like the c*nt word! And how derogatory to women it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Didge wrote:

...some black people do use the term within other blacks though Didge, I don't think they mean it as derogatory though, in fact, I think they mean it in a similar way to saying brother.

No they use it with irony because they can say it in mockery to racists, and they actually say nigga.

Again if you read the thread on this I disagree that they do, because it endorses racists to claim they can also. So to me it backfires when they do so

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri May 09, 2014 5:18 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Your right Les, it's not hard to not use offensive words, just like the c*nt word! And how derogatory to women it is.

You're right; at that is my point; people don't use words like that unless they are coming from a pretty prejudiced place to begin. If you don't have a general dislike of gay people- you wouldn't say faggot; if you had no issue with black people- you wouldn't use a term like n---er.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 5:23 pm

Didge wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

No they use it with irony because they can say it in mockery to racists, and they actually say nigga.

Again if you read the thread on this I disagree that they do, because it endorses racists to claim they can also. So to me it backfires when they do so

I still don't believe they all use it as derogatory, and I'm quite aware they say it like as you have posted..without the 'R'.

But I can't be 100% sure of the way every black person who uses that term means it to be! I just know some do use it as another term for ' brother'.

I do to think anyone is 100% right on this! it's most likely a mixture of meanings to them within other blacks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

You're right; at that is my point; people don't use words like that unless they are coming from a pretty prejudiced place to begin. If you don't have a general dislike of gay people- you wouldn't say faggot; if you had no issue with black people- you wouldn't use a term like n---er.
Smile

Saying that Les, some do use the term c*nt, without actually meaning it to be derogatory, but in the presence of women! it's no good eh.

But your spot on when you say about the term faggot..I think only those using that on forums etc, intend it to mean just that...a hateful ,homophobic slur.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Didge wrote:

I still don't believe they all use it as derogatory, and I'm quite aware they say it like as you have posted..without the 'R'.

But I can't be 100% sure of the way every black person who uses that term means it to be! I just know some do use it as another term for ' brother'.

I do to think anyone is 100% right on this! it's most likely a mixture of meanings to them within other blacks.

Joy I never claimed they used it derogatory and again it used in a brother kin connection through being black, united empowered due to racism.
This has a side affect because some will see whites as an enemy, because of previous countless centuries of racism, so much so it takes countless years to solve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next