NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The C word.

+4
Victorismyhero
magica
eddie
Syl
8 posters

Go down

The C word. Empty The C word.

Post by Syl Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:38 pm

Has anyone started their Christmas shopping or preparations yet?Laughing The C word. Skiing-santa-smiley-emoticon
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The C word. Empty Re: The C word.

Post by eddie Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:01 pm

Erm well I'm me.
What do you think?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:32 pm

Yes I started in September! Laughing
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:52 pm

BAH HUMBUG!!!!!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:43 am

Oh so it's not a thread about geraniums  then.   relieved  tongue  tongue

At this stage if you're the sort who gives hampers you can start putting the finishing touches. Most things get more expensive as the day approaches so if you can get them early, all the better. You can throw together some classy customised hampers for your loved ones.

If anyone is the sort who leaves things till the last minute, don't panic, you're ok cos remember that if you are willing to go to the shops first thing when the doors open, you will never get caught up in serious queues, if any.

In these days of extended and blended step families it's a good time to establish where you will each be spending Christmas day and Boxing day so that catering plans can get underway.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:46 am

Apart from the above it's probably too soon to worry about anything else. I haven't started making any preparations yet, but I will be ready for the day, when the day arrives. It's usually a low key affair for us. Less stressful that way.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:09 pm

Syl wrote:Has anyone started their Christmas shopping or preparations yet?Laughing   The C word. Skiing-santa-smiley-emoticon

I hate it when 'Christmas' starts in fucking October!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:14 pm

eddie wrote:Erm well I'm me.
What do you think?
Lol....when I worked me and my friend (the landlady) were always the last two people to ever start our Christmas shopping.
I used to say Christmas shopping isn't any fun unless it's freezing cold and everyone around you is panicking doing last minute shopping.....and you are just starting .
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:15 pm

magica wrote:Yes I started in September! Laughing

You must have a very tidy mind Mags...organised and just a bit self satisfied. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:16 pm

Lord Foul wrote:BAH HUMBUG!!!!!

Lol....say no more. silent
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Jules wrote:Oh so it's not a thread about geraniums  then.   relieved  tongue  tongue

At this stage if you're the sort who gives hampers you can start putting the finishing touches. Most things get more expensive as the day approaches so if you can get them early, all the better. You can throw together some classy customised hampers for your loved ones.

If anyone is the sort who leaves things till the last minute, don't panic, you're ok cos remember that if you are willing to go to the shops first thing when the doors open, you will never get caught up in serious queues, if any.

In these days of extended and blended step families it's a good time to establish where you will each be spending Christmas day and Boxing day so that catering plans can get underway.

The G word....I bet people would have imagined all sorts, gusset springs to my mind, not sure why. Embarassed

We used to make a big Christmas hamper up for our son every year and our grandson would give it to him Christmas morning. We had fun picking up lots of goodies to put in it.

My advice is never buy a shop made hamper, they are extortionate and usually include stuff most people don't really want.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:Has anyone started their Christmas shopping or preparations yet?Laughing   The C word. Skiing-santa-smiley-emoticon

Even earlier in some places, garden centres especially.

People seem to wish their lives away. My pet hate is seeing 'back to school' school uniforms being advertise the minute the schools break up for the long summer holidays.
I always found that rather depressing.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:06 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:Erm well I'm me.
What do you think?
Lol....when I worked me and my friend (the landlady) were always the last two people to ever start our Christmas shopping.
I used to say Christmas shopping isn't any fun unless it's freezing cold and everyone around you is panicking doing last minute shopping.....and you are just starting .

You're last sentence should be "....and you are just staring..."
The that's me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:12 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

You're last sentence should be "....and you are just staring..."
The that's me.

Well you have to start the Christmas shopping sometime Eddie.
If you leave it till the last minute it's surprising how calm it is....especially Christmas eve, plus you can get some good bargains too.
I don't do that now...I have more time to be organised, but as long as you have already bought the kids special toys and games (cos they sell out) other stuff is easily gotten hold of.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:04 pm

Major wrote:All our littlunz will be given a cheque this year, they all have their own bank accounts, none still believe in Santa and him bringing presents at night.
I will miss the mystery with them.

Me too Major. Crying or Very sad
It's money or clothes now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:12 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Come, come Ebenezer! The C word. 613483540 : santa The C word. 2984306523

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:17 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:Oh so it's not a thread about geraniums  then.   relieved  tongue  tongue

The G word....I bet people would have imagined all sorts, gusset springs to my mind, not sure why. Embarassed

We used to make a big Christmas hamper up for our son every year and our grandson would give it to him Christmas morning. We had fun picking up lots of goodies to put in it.

My advice is never buy a shop made hamper, they are extortionate and usually include stuff most people don't really want.

So very true, Syl.
When I mentioned hampers earlier, I meant home made ones. Fully customised to suit the recipient.
You get far better results at a small fraction of the ripoff prices in shops.
It's a labour of love.
And it's fun! hi

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:20 pm

Jules wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Come, come Ebenezer! The C word. 613483540 : santa The C word. 2984306523

I know. Humbug.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:29 pm

Jules wrote:
Syl wrote:

So very true, Syl.
When I mentioned hampers earlier, I meant home made ones. Fully customised to suit the recipient.
You get far better results at a small fraction of the ripoff prices in shops.
It's a labour of love.
And it's fun! hi

Yes.....it is fun, I miss doing it tbh. We used to start at the beginning of December, each Sunday we would go to the food hall in M&S and Asda and pick up a variety of goodies. Grandson would then pack them neatly into a huge brightly covered cardboard box lined with checked tea towels....then he would add crackers and Christmas tinsel.
They didn't look like Harrods hampers when they were finished....but they probably included more stuff that my son enjoyed...and they were made with love..
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:48 pm

I just remembered what I don't like about the C word and all things leading up to it.....it's bleedin freezing.
Snow in Cumbria already and icy winds set to reach most of the UK within a day or so . The C word. Cold_windy_smiley
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:19 pm

We never get real snow. I love snow.
Would actually like to go snow-boarding one day.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:16 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Don't you mean the end of August? Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down