NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foreign Doctors Are Not As Good As Home-Grown Ones - Official

4 posters

Go down

Foreign Doctors Are Not As Good As Home-Grown Ones - Official Empty Foreign Doctors Are Not As Good As Home-Grown Ones - Official

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 6:20 pm

6th May 2014

Please discuss.

Doctors working in Britain who received their training in India are four times more likely to be struck off than those who trained locally, figures have revealed.

The General Medical Council (GMC) statistics show that between 2008 and 2013, 117 Indian and Pakistani doctors were stuck off the medical register.

During the same time period, 142 doctors who trained in Britain were struck off.

Proportionally, this means about one in 1,000 British-trained doctors were struck off, compared to one in 250 of those trained in India and one in 350 of those trained in Pakistan, The Daily Telegraph reports.

Currently, about a third of the doctors working in Britain received their training abroad, but 75 per cent of those who were struck off the medical register in 2013 were trained overseas.

Since 2008, 458 doctors in Britain have been struck off.

The largest proportion of these were trained in this country, followed by those trained in India, Pakistan, Egypt and Nigeria.

The figures have prompted concerns about the level of scrutiny overseas doctors are subjected to before being allowed to work in this country.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2621277/Indian-doctors-FOUR-times-likely-struck-trained-Britain.html#ixzz30xOUws5X

Back to top Go down

Foreign Doctors Are Not As Good As Home-Grown Ones - Official Empty Re: Foreign Doctors Are Not As Good As Home-Grown Ones - Official

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Thank god BigAndy9 or UKIP didn't say this - people would say we're RACIST!

Back to top Go down

Foreign Doctors Are Not As Good As Home-Grown Ones - Official Empty Re: Foreign Doctors Are Not As Good As Home-Grown Ones - Official

Post by gerber Tue May 06, 2014 6:35 pm

Having read the article i can find no mention of any training or testing that they might have to comply with in the UK.

A friend knows a very well qualified Indian trained accountant who cannot practise here until she re trains to UK standards......
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 6:44 pm

gerber wrote:Having read the article i can find no mention of any training or testing that they might have to comply with in the UK.

A friend knows a very well qualified Indian trained accountant who cannot practise here until she re trains to UK standards......
How can you compare merely saving lives to making money!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 06, 2014 6:49 pm

Indian physicians are praised worldwide. Another technical field in which Indians excel.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 6:50 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Thank god BigAndy9 or UKIP didn't say this - people would say we're RACIST!

It's as good as Andy, it's the daily mail. Laughing 

You are racist btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Thank god BigAndy9 or UKIP didn't say this - people would say we're RACIST!

It's as good as Andy, it's the daily mail. Laughing 

You are racist btw.

Huh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 7:24 pm

did you know andy...according to didge the all knowing it PERFECTLY ok for you to be treated by a doctor that you cant understand, and cant read the label on a drug bottle...thereby giving you a 10x overdose.....
provided its a "foreign " doctor. Its ACTUALLY YOUR fault for not understanding him

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 7:38 pm

I have been on the receiving end of some terrible treatment from a foreign doctor who didn't understand me and just wanted to fob me off because he was running behind.  I had physical symptoms which were connected with an entirely different problem of which I had no idea.

Bearing in mind there are a lot of people who will put off going to the doctors until they hit desperation point to be met with that kind of reaction is dangerous to say the least. People who are ill are at their most vulnerable  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 7:55 pm

Tough FTL....its your own fault the doctor couldnt understand you....you should try harder....
dont be so bloody racist as to DARE to suggest the doctor is at fault....
(from..........the world according to didge)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 8:05 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Tough FTL....its your own fault the doctor couldnt understand you....you should try harder....
dont be so bloody racist as to DARE to suggest the doctor is at fault....
(from..........the world according to didge)

I should have complained Victor but I wasn't in any fit state.  Luckily enough I wasn't as vulnerable as some or we might not be having this conversation now. It wasn't until I was a little better and able to discuss with my Manager what had happened until I realised how badly I'd been treated.

Fortunately I had other sources of support and changed my doctor immediately I understood the way I'd been treated was not my fault and out of order.  My employer was fantastic allowing me to get back to my life and job by being supportive and giving me the time I needed gradually increasing my hours. You have to get signed back as ready for work to do this though, not all employers will do this but I started on 2 hours a day and increased an hour a week.  

If I'd not had a great job and had to rely on the doctor I first saw?? Well who knows  No

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 07, 2014 4:56 am

Practically every doctor I've had since I was a teen has been from India or Pakistan. They are the ones who found my hypothyroid disease and cured the problem I had with my esophagus.

Maybe the good ones just don't want to come to Moldy Old Britain where people will be biased against them from the get-go. It does seem the UK fucks up on a lot of fronts. Maybe it's time to realize the sun doesn't rise and set on the empire and hasn't for a long, long time now.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 07, 2014 5:53 am

the best are from Taiwan... we're trying to get some more  Neutral 

I would believe it actually, we have had issues with some that have dodgy qualification and a dumb ass in OUR system that just rubber stamps anyone that presents a medical degree (rather than actually checking) the Queenslanders have had the most issues with it, BUT it is coming out now that a few of the officials that were supposed to do background checks were no bothering.... So the couple of real bad ones they have got SHOULD have been picked up earlier but a Bureaucrat was too lazy to do his Job!!!
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 6:36 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Practically every doctor I've had since I was a teen has been from India or Pakistan. They are the ones who found my hypothyroid disease and cured the problem I had with my esophagus.

Maybe the good ones just don't want to come to Moldy Old Britain where people will be biased against them from the get-go. It does seem the UK fucks up on a lot of fronts. Maybe it's time to realize the sun doesn't rise and set on the empire and hasn't for a long, long time now.

I'm not biased at all Ben, I was talking from my own personal experience.  When I was at a point that I was able to start getting back to work I had to get him to sign me as able to return (although I took several weeks to get back full time, I was fortunate to have an Employer who would allow me that time to fully recover).

He couldn't understand me and that I wanted and needed to go back to work.  No empathy whatsoever, in fact he just asked me and I kid you not, how long I wanted to be signed off for. How is that helping people? Foreign Doctors Are Not As Good As Home-Grown Ones - Official Confus50

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 6:54 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:6th May 2014

Please discuss.

Doctors working in Britain who received their training in India are four times more likely to be struck off than those who trained locally, figures have revealed.

The General Medical Council (GMC) statistics show that between 2008 and 2013, 117 Indian and Pakistani doctors were stuck off the medical register.

During the same time period, 142 doctors who trained in Britain were struck off.

Proportionally, this means about one in 1,000 British-trained doctors were struck off, compared to one in 250 of those trained in India and one in 350 of those trained in Pakistan, The Daily Telegraph reports.

Currently, about a third of the doctors working in Britain received their training abroad, but 75 per cent of those who were struck off the medical register in 2013 were trained overseas.

Since 2008, 458 doctors in Britain have been struck off.

The largest proportion of these were trained in this country, followed by those trained in India, Pakistan, Egypt and Nigeria.

The figures have prompted concerns about the level of scrutiny overseas doctors are subjected to before being allowed to work in this country.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2621277/Indian-doctors-FOUR-times-likely-struck-trained-Britain.html#ixzz30xOUws5X

This has made me laugh, so now they are better each and every British doctor is better than each foreign born doctor?

Really?
So the British ones struck off are better than foreign ones not struck off?

Big Andy gets it wrong again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 6:59 pm

feelthelove wrote:I have been on the receiving end of some terrible treatment from a foreign doctor who didn't understand me and just wanted to fob me off because he was running behind.  I had physical symptoms which were connected with an entirely different problem of which I had no idea.

Bearing in mind there are a lot of people who will put off going to the doctors until they hit desperation point to be met with that kind of reaction is dangerous to say the least. People who are ill are at their most vulnerable  Sad

Sorry FTL there are also a lot of people who think they know what is wrong with them from medically diagnosing themselves from the internet, not saying you have but the to years I worked within the NHS, this was rife and vastly many of them were wrong . Doctors do not always get it right but they will know more than a patient and then again a patient has to be truthful about what is wrong with them. Again many who believed they had something else gave poor answers to what was actually wrong with them, leading to further complications. The system is not full proof but many patients are also to blame, though again not stating this in your case. There is also the option of getting another opinion, where you have the OOH service, that is what I would have done in your position.

Sorry but using again a position on foreign doctors as Andy is doing to use as a tool on immigration,w hen vastly many do a grand job is poor in my book

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 7:33 pm

Didge wrote:
feelthelove wrote:I have been on the receiving end of some terrible treatment from a foreign doctor who didn't understand me and just wanted to fob me off because he was running behind.  I had physical symptoms which were connected with an entirely different problem of which I had no idea.

Sorry FTL there are also a lot of people who think they know what is wrong with them from medically diagnosing themselves from the internet, not saying you have but the to years I worked within the NHS, this was rife and vastly many of them were wrong . Doctors do not always get it right but they will know more than a patient and then again a patient has to be truthful about what is wrong with them. Again many who believed they had something else gave poor answers to what was actually wrong with them, leading to further complications. The system is not full proof but many patients are also to blame, though again not stating this in your case. There is also the option of getting another opinion, where you have the OOH service, that is what I would have done in your position.

Sorry but using again a position on foreign doctors as Andy is doing to use as a tool on immigration,w hen vastly many do a grand job is poor in my book  

I won't add anymore to this thread Didge but suffice to say I have been on the receiving end of some very bad treatment from a foreign doctor.  Yes he dianosed me physically correctly.  However, due to his lack of understanding of what I was saying and his inability to empathise I had a pretty bad experience.

I have no problem with foreign doctors but being a doctor is not just about a medical qualification, certainly not as far as GP's go x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 07, 2014 7:38 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Didge wrote:

I won't add anymore to this thread Didge but suffice to say I have been on the receiving end of some very bad treatment from a foreign doctor.  Yes he dianosed me physically correctly.  However, due to his lack of understanding of what I was saying and his inability to empathise I had a pretty bad experience.

I have no problem with foreign doctors but being a doctor is not just about a medical qualification, certainly not as far as GP's go x

No worries FTL you had a poor experience from this GP, but as I say, this is not the case with many who do an outstanding job for the countless patients they look after and express my sympathy and what you went through.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down