NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 In 5 Primary School Pupils Now Speak Foreign Language At Home

Go down

1 In 5 Primary School Pupils Now Speak Foreign Language At Home Empty 1 In 5 Primary School Pupils Now Speak Foreign Language At Home

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:18 pm

12th June 2014

Good news?

Worrying?

Please discuss.

One in five primary school children now speak a foreign language at home, according to official Department for Education figures released today.

In total, more than 1.1 million pupils do not speak English as their first language - up around a quarter of a million compared to five years ago.

The dramatic increase has been sparked by rising immigration - with a quarter of primary school children now from an ethnic minority.

It has contributed to a population boom in Britain, forcing headteachers to pack infant school children into illegally large classes.The number of classes with more than 30 children has quadrupled since the Coalition came to power.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2656405/Number-primary-school-pupils-crammed-overcrowded-classes-quadruples-Coalition-amid-population-boom.html#ixzz34RymLZz1

Back to top Go down

1 In 5 Primary School Pupils Now Speak Foreign Language At Home Empty Re: 1 In 5 Primary School Pupils Now Speak Foreign Language At Home

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:25 pm

Illegally large classes - are they a good thing for primary school children?

Language difficulties between teachers and pupils - a good thing?

Back to top Go down

1 In 5 Primary School Pupils Now Speak Foreign Language At Home Empty Re: 1 In 5 Primary School Pupils Now Speak Foreign Language At Home

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:33 pm

I think it would be a good idea(and it's not a difficult language to learn) for all kids to learn Urdu, I'm not joking ..

I know some will think 'ah when and why would kids need to learn Urdu"..but that's just it, you don't know

Maybe one day a child who learns Urdu can help an Urdu only speaker if they are lost and needing directions ?

I spoke little snippets, the guy from my local shop when I was a nipper learned me bit at a time,,,it was very interesting,,,

I can say like 3 bananas in Urdu ....teen kela!!

Spelling maybe wrong though.

You you you can Ur , Ur - du - du - du ...too too too Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:56 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:12th June 2014

Good news?

Worrying?

Please discuss.

One in five primary school children now speak a foreign language at home, according to official Department for Education figures released today.

In total, more than 1.1 million pupils do not speak English as their first language - up around a quarter of a million compared to five years ago.

The dramatic increase has been sparked by rising immigration - with a quarter of primary school children now from an ethnic minority.

It has contributed to a population boom in Britain, forcing headteachers to pack infant school children into illegally large classes.The number of classes with more than 30 children has quadrupled since the Coalition came to power.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2656405/Number-primary-school-pupils-crammed-overcrowded-classes-quadruples-Coalition-amid-population-boom.html#ixzz34RymLZz1

This is excellent news, so many children are like as happened in America before going to grow up around children from so many cultures, also learning and understanding other languages, which helps greatly as it has done over the last ten years reduce so much xenophobic prejudice, as unlike some of their parents they get to know these people themselves and are not easily led by prejudice fear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:28 pm

oh a new didgism....prejudice fear  ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:37 am

victorisnotamused wrote:oh a new didgism....prejudice fear  ://?roflmao?/: 

Nothing new about how you live by fear SS-Obergruppenführer Victor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down