NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Must Question

+7
veya_victaous
harvesmom
stardesk
eddie
harrymuffin
Fluffyx
gerber
11 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

You Must Question - Page 5 Empty You Must Question

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

30th April 2014

Just how many Muslims are living amongst us.

For 200 Subways to change their menu to cater for them and not us. That's 200 areas of England!

For banks to go out of their way to introduce new products - that isn't cheap and i know it isn't just Lloyds TSB.

For our schools and other public places to only serve halal food.

Now, if i were a business - whether for profit or not-for-profit, i'd cater for the majority.

Please discuss.

Back to top Go down

You Must Question - Page 5 Empty Re: You Must Question

Post by gerber Thu May 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Sassy wrote:
gerber wrote:

I thank you, just finished dinner.  Can feel the swell as I type. :::grouch:: 

Sorry Gerbs lol.   From working at Barts Hospital before I had the kids and watching ops from the viewing gallery (such an old building, wouldn't be allowed now) because I was really interested I don't have a squeamish bone in my body.   I forget sometimes that other people do  Embarassed 

No probs.... All was well until I took a swig from my glass and it was full of red liquid.......
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 9:46 pm

gerber wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Sorry Gerbs lol.   From working at Barts Hospital before I had the kids and watching ops from the viewing gallery (such an old building, wouldn't be allowed now) because I was really interested I don't have a squeamish bone in my body.   I forget sometimes that other people do  Embarassed 

No probs....  All was well until I took a swig from my glass and it was full of red liquid.......

Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu May 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Sassy wrote:
gerber wrote:

No probs....  All was well until I took a swig from my glass and it was full of red liquid.......

Shocked 

::drnkpst:: 
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 9:48 pm

is it compulsorary to play for man united???

sitting in a class IS NOT the same as having the freedom to choose whom you spend your leisure time with
neither is swimming (in school)

apartheid was GOVERNMENT policy...not individual choice...so no comparison

moreover you do not answer the question....you as usual avoid it...

is it RIGHT to place a black mark (which is never erased) on a CHILDS record
for his/her exercising the right to choose his/her friends? remember this was a PLAYTIME GAME...not a curricular activity

and ESPECIALLY is it RIGHT to place a black mark (which is never erased) on a CHILDS record if the attitude displayed is due to the parents?

state sponsored terrorism.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:01 pm

harrymuffin wrote:I don't hate Muslims.  I hate extremists.  I do hate people that move into a country and expect things to be changed to accommodate them.  

Would you dare to go to the home of a friends' friend and tell them how to eat in their home,  what to serve in their home,  what channel to watch on their telly?

If I moved to another country,  I'd not expect them to accommodate me.   I've moved there,  I need to respect their customs, their ancestry, learn their language.  

It's all about respecting the country and the people that have allowed you to live there.

..your absolutely correct Harry, I've echoed these same words in the past Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu May 01, 2014 10:07 pm

Sassy wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

You came across as a little bit hypocritical,yes. lol! 

But I am willing to admit I am a hypocrite aswell even though I very rarely eat meat,I still do on occasion. Even though that clip of animal slaughter made me tearful earlier I still will continue to eat meat,albeit rarely ,so I must not be a 'true animal lover' as Didge suggested.

I maintain though that Halal slaughter is madness and I don't care what religious views are upheld regarding it,when conducted without stunning it should be banned.

Fluff, it really isn't madness, it's the kindest.   As well as the info I posted on the other thread, I know this, because my daughter had a canula put in her carotid artery by mistake and left open so that blood literally spurted out.   She was unconcious within seconds and remembered nothing, so I know that if both arteries and the jugular are opened at the same time the brain empties of blood so quickly you would barely register it had happened.   Reaction of the nervous system might make you move, but you wouldn't know anything about it.

I don't doubt the sincerity of what you at all but if this is the case why do PETA and other animal rights groups consider Halal to be the most painful method?(without stunning)Of course they do think all the slaughter is barbaric,it is just degrees of.

May I ask if you are a veggie Sassy?
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:13 pm

listen...My ancestors did NOT bite claw gnaw and fight their way to the top of the food chain....just to sit there and eat lettuce

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu May 01, 2014 10:18 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:listen...My ancestors did NOT bite claw gnaw and fight their way to the top of the food chain....just to sit there and eat lettuce

We don't have to eat meat though do we Victor,it's not a necessity for us.
I don't agree that veggie's lack vitamins either,my brother is a veggie and alot more healthy than I am.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:21 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:listen...My ancestors did NOT bite claw gnaw and fight their way to the top of the food chain....just to sit there and eat lettuce

I don't agree that veggie's lack vitamins either,my brother is a veggie and alot more healthy than I am.
so how many pills does he take...supplements etc...how much more does his food shopping cost?

and its not just vitamins...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:23 pm

and I've tried veggie "food"...tasteless mush...or if it tastes at all...its vile... :aspukeas:

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu May 01, 2014 10:28 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

so how many pills does he take...supplements etc...how much more does his food shopping cost?

He doesn't take any supplements I think.

Yes I concede his food is expensive but he works and pays for it all.

As for taste I had Quorn sausages the other day and they were jolly nice Razz 
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:29 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Fluff, it really isn't madness, it's the kindest.   As well as the info I posted on the other thread, I know this, because my daughter had a canula put in her carotid artery by mistake and left open so that blood literally spurted out.   She was unconcious within seconds and remembered nothing, so I know that if both arteries and the jugular are opened at the same time the brain empties of blood so quickly you would barely register it had happened.   Reaction of the nervous system might make you move, but you wouldn't know anything about it.

I don't doubt the sincerity of what you at all but if this is the case why do PETA and other animal rights groups consider Halal to be the most painful method?(without stunning)Of course they do think all the slaughter is barbaric,it is just degrees of.

No, I'm not a veggie Fluff, although I was at one time, then because of a medical problem my doctor advised me that I had to eat meat, preferably liver lol. I don't think PETA have looked into this properly. I'd like to see a completely unbiased, in depth study done. What happened to my daughter, and seeing videos of botched stunning etc and reading reports of what actually happens in conventional abattoirs has convinced me that halal is actually the kindest way. It not only involves when they are killed, but how they are treated before that and the respect given to them. I have yet to see a video of halal slaughtermen chasing an animal around a pen and gouding it with electric prods, or any of the other things that some slaughtermen do for fun, because of the rules they have regarding the respect for the animal. My ex-husband's stepbrother was a slaughterman, and the tales he told, that he he thought were funny would make your hair stand on end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:32 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

so many could NOT afford to do it.....but thats alright...the poor can starve cant they....

thanks to having more chemicals than a laboratory for the insane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:33 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
Didge wrote:

Easy, I do not claim to say I am a true animal lover, as if I did, I would not eat meat, hence I admit being hypocritical and have stated all along I am.

My points though still stand

::D::

I actually think you're take on this is quite bonkers you being a meat eater aside. ::resmahauth:: 

Good reply Fluffy.........Bonkers.

Back to top Go down

Post by harrymuffin Thu May 01, 2014 10:38 pm

I see Soylent Green in the future.
harrymuffin
harrymuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu May 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Sassy wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

No, I'm not a veggie Fluff, although I was at one time, then because of a medical problem my doctor advised me that I had to eat meat, preferably liver lol.   I don't think PETA have looked into this properly.   I'd like to see a completely unbiased, in depth study done.   What happened to my daughter, and seeing videos of botched stunning etc and reading reports of what actually happens in conventional abattoirs has convinced me that halal is actually the kindest way.   It not only involves when they are killed, but how they are treated before that and the respect given to them.   I have yet to see a video of halal slaughtermen chasing an animal around a pen and gouding it with electric prods, or any of the other things that some slaughtermen do for fun, because of the rules they have regarding the respect for the animal.   My ex-husband's stepbrother was a slaughterman, and the tales he told, that he he thought were funny would make your hair stand on end.

Thankyou for replying x

I agree,an indepth study should be conducted and the most humane procedure possible should be used.

I don't even want to think about when stunning is done incorrectly or men chasing animals around the pen and gouding them.It's sick.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:42 pm

It certainly is!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffyx Thu May 01, 2014 10:44 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:
FluffyBunny wrote:

so many could NOT afford to do it.....but thats alright...the poor can starve cant they....

thanks to having more chemicals than a laboratory for the insane

Well not really because my brother likes to make alot of complicated meals because he can be a pretentious so and so flower  but it would be quite cheap to live on a basic veggie diet.

Vegetable,rice,pasta,it could be done and alot more healthy than expensive pre packaged ready meals.
Fluffyx
Fluffyx
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:48 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Well not really because my brother likes to make alot of complicated meals because he can be a pretentious so and so flower  but it would be quite cheap to live on a  basic veggie diet.

Vegetable,rice,pasta,it could be done and alot more healthy than expensive pre packaged ready meals.

On vegetables, rice and pasta you would be very, very short on essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids. My son was a veggie for many years and I told him it was fine, but he needed to research what he had to have to give him the essentials for his body and he had to learn to cook. He did both thankfully, but in order to get everything he needed he had to make sure of having lots of pulses etc and still have to have supplements.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:52 pm

Thank you sassy....

a "proper" veggie diet which is nutritionally balanced and complete is EXPENSIVE...and complicated....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 10:53 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Thank you sassy....

a "proper" veggie diet which is nutritionally balanced and complete is EXPENSIVE...and complicated....

It definitely is!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 11:00 pm

I would agree with that..a veggie diet can be very expensive, we are encouraged by the government to eat our five a day, but in truth, many folk simply can't afford to eat what is good for them everyday ...

No doubt someone will be along soon to tell me they can easily do that from benefits money  roll:

..and probably with money to spare!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 11:57 pm

FluffyBunny wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:

Well not really because my brother likes to make alot of complicated meals because he can be a pretentious so and so flower  but it would be quite cheap to live on a  basic veggie diet.

Of course it's cheap

You die very young on a veggie diet due to the fact that you're eating grass when you need meat

Every veggie I know, looks old before their time, have health issues and I can pick up with one hand and break with a stern look

Fill your boot on bird seed and tree roots if you want, but if we crash on a desert Island and you die??

I'm stringing you up and making biltong out of you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 12:00 am

Smelly..if we crashed on a desert island...I wouldnt even go to sleep with you around....I'd probably wake up breakfast..... affraid 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 12:10 am

victorisnotamused wrote:Smelly..if we crashed on a desert island...I wouldnt even go to sleep with you around....I'd probably wake up breakfast..... affraid 

Incorrect answer victor

The correct answer is to make friends with me and help me hunt down and eat the others

While we are doing this you are secretly observing me for patterns, methodology and weaknesses that you can then exploit at the correct time to be the last man standing as you feast upon my corpse.

You will of course miss my riveting conversation and razor sharp wit but I do believe that I shall taste good, especially if you cook me in one of those underground ovens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 12:12 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
victorisnotamused wrote:Smelly..if we crashed on a desert island...I wouldnt even go to sleep with you around....I'd probably wake up breakfast..... affraid 

Incorrect answer victor

The correct answer is to make friends with me and help me hunt down and eat the others

While we are doing this you are secretly observing me for patterns, methodology and weaknesses that you can then exploit at the correct time to be the last man standing as you feast upon my corpse.

You will of course miss my riveting conversation and razor sharp wit but I do believe that I shall taste good, especially if you cook me in one of those underground ovens

And while you're doing all that,I creep up behind you & slit your throats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 12:15 am

Shady wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Incorrect answer victor

Shit

Shady has gone fucking native

He is adopting the halal throat slitting protocol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 12:17 am

smelly_bandit wrote:
Shady wrote:

Shit

Shady has gone fucking native

He is adopting the halal throat slitting protocol

ALLAH AKBAAAAAR!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 12:22 am

Oh noes...a halal shady..... ::rfth:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 12:23 am

smelly_bandit wrote:

Incorrect answer victor

Well it is said that you are a man of good taste........

Do you require a prayer said over you as I joint you...or will a manic cackle do???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 7:04 am

I wanted to go back over your options Victor as there is a moral an ethic issue with your scenario:

so heres a little common place dilemma for you....

you are driving down te road one early morning and bump bump.....oooooops....you have just hit a rabbit that ran out of the hedgerow...do you

keep driving...dont look back and pretend it didnt happen....the didge view

stop...run back and sit there wringing your hands in sorrow and begging its forgiveness....the JD view

stop...run back with priest from shooting jacket in your hand...give it a good whack on the back of the head and consign it regretfully to the hedge bottom.....the educated veggies view

or...
stop...run back with priest from shooting jacket in your hand...give it a good whack on the back of the head, nip into back of van and put it into 12v fridge then at the first convenient point gut skin and joint it, either for yourself..or if too badly damaged for the dogs.......the hunters view

The first problem with the above is you the human have created the problem and now an added dangerous dilemma for the animal that humans have created. Lets face it most animal deaths or acidents are human created that is your first problem, thus I could argue, that driving cars , barbed wire fences etc help create injuries to animals, thus humans are again the problem.

The second problem you have is my actual option would be the same one we have for humans and why I would not kill the animal.
Now if a human is injured, what do we do?
Do we whack the human over the back of head and put them out of pain not even knowing in most cases if their injuries are fatal? You see you thinking you are an expert make an educated guess the animal is dying, but even with humans dying from injuries or even soldiers in combat, we do not do a you suggest, In fact we try to save them, even if mortally wounded and ease their suffering if we have the means with drugs. Yes it is not of unheard of for soldiers to help mates end suffering but the norm is to attempt to save or help ease the passing. So how would I know if the animal was mortally wounded, in most cases I would not and thus call a vet and try to save the animal as he can try to save or ease the suffering of the animal.

You really need to think your analogies through Victor, because again you do not even advocate how we treat other humans when badly injured.

Now to deal with the nonsense of dying young eating mainly vegetables or just vegetables, some of the longest living:

Here are some other reasons vegetarians may outlive meat-lovers.

1. Low blood pressure: In the latest study, researchers found that not only do vegetarians have lower blood pressure on average, but that vegetarian diets could be used to lower blood pressure among people who need an intervention.

2. Lower risk of death: A 2013 study of more than 70,000 people found that vegetarians had a 12% lower risk of death compared with non-vegetarians. With none of the saturated fat and cholesterol that clogs arteries, vegetarians may be at a lower risk for chronic diseases overall.

3. Better moods: A 2012 study randomly split participants into a three diets: all-meat allowed, fish-only, and vegetarian no-meat. The researchers found that after two weeks, the people on the vegetarian diet reported more mood improvements than those on the other two diets.

4. Less chance of heart disease: Another 2013 study of 44,000 people reported that vegetarians were 32% less likely to develop ischemic heart disease.

5. Lower risk of cancer: Researchers at Loma Linda University in California studied different versions of the vegetarian diet and cancer risk among people at a low risk for cancer overall and discovered that a vegetarian diet may have protective benefits. Although the study is not the final say on the matter, vegans had the lowest risk for cancers, specifically cancers most common among women, like breast cancer.

6. Lower risk of diabetes: Studies have shown that vegetarians are at a lower risk for developing diabetes. While the diet won’t cure the disease, it can lower an individual’s risk by helping them maintain weight and improve blood sugar control.

7. Less likely to be overweight: Research shows that vegetarians tend to be leaner than their meat-eating counterparts, and that they also tend to have lower cholesterol and body mass index (BMI). Some data suggests that a vegetarian diet can help with weight loss and be better for maintaining a healthy weight over time.

Also this is very interesting

She aimed the same question at government officials who arrived with a metal plaque declaring her to be a “longevity celebrity,” her family said. It now hangs above a hard wooden bench in her simple living room, entitling her to a 500 yuan ($81) monthly payment, and free medical treatment.

Other clusters of longevity are said to include Cuba, islands off Greece and Japan, and a peninsula in Costa Rica, with researchers finding common characteristics including an emphasis on family, lifestyles requiring physical activity and a plant-based diet.

As China was swept by dramatic changes — from Japanese invasion to the communist victory in the civil war and a transition from a planned economy to the market — most Chengmai residents carried on doing what they had always done, growing crops.

“I’ve never done any exercise, except hard farmwork,” said 86 year-old Wang Kailu, who lives in a simple concrete shack with his wife, Wu Aihe. The couple said they married the day after Japan’s World War II surrender, 68 years ago.

Their one-story dwelling is sparsely furnished and Wang draws water from a well to spread on his small vegetable plot.

Experts on aging who have traveled to the area say several factors could be involved in the phenomenon.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/07/12/asia-pacific/science-health-asia-pacific/experts-cite-diet-villagers-cite-alcohol-as-secret-of-long-lives-on-chinas-hainan/#.U2M1JIFdXfI

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 7:10 am

victorisnotamused wrote:is it compulsorary to play for man united???

sitting in a class IS NOT the same as having the freedom to choose whom you spend your leisure time with
neither is swimming (in school)

apartheid was GOVERNMENT policy...not individual choice...so no comparison

moreover you do not answer the question....you as usual avoid it...

is it RIGHT to place a black mark (which is never erased) on a CHILDS record
for his/her exercising the right to choose his/her friends? remember this was a PLAYTIME GAME...not a curricular activity

and ESPECIALLY  is it RIGHT to place a black mark (which is never erased) on a CHILDS record if the attitude displayed is due to the parents?

state sponsored terrorism.......

All complete gobbledygook and trying top promote apartheid where children would be allowed segregation due to skin colour, that is apartheid
This is again about participation, you are saying it is okay for a child to say they do not want to play football  with another child because they are black, that is racism and is discrimination and yes the child should be reprimanded, because that sort of intolerance should not be a practice within schools.
You changed the question to friends when the original point is on participation, I could care less who they choose as friends and in this case it was not about choosing a friend but participation in a game and in this case, yes it goes on their record. Many children have marks against them for doing wrongs why make exception for racism? How absurd.
Gets better by the minute, Victor trying to make racism acceptable in schools.

state sponsored terrorism.......?

One moment

://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/: 

That really was absurd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-sponsored_terrorism

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 02, 2014 3:19 pm

Bit off topic, but if one kid doesn't want to play with another kid it could be for any number of reasons and is their choice.

One might be white and other black but that does not mean that is the reason.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Bit off topic, but if one kid doesn't want to play with another kid it could be for any number of reasons and is their choice.

One might be white and other black but that does not mean that is the reason.

Except in this case Victor claimed it was because the kid was black

Dear me

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 7:41 pm

Didge wrote:I wanted to go back over your options Victor as there is a moral an ethic issue with your scenario:

so heres a little common place dilemma for you....

you are driving down te road one early morning and bump bump.....oooooops....you have just hit a rabbit that ran out of the hedgerow...do you

keep driving...dont look back and pretend it didnt happen....the didge view

stop...run back and sit there wringing your hands in sorrow and begging its forgiveness....the JD view

stop...run back with priest from shooting jacket in your hand...give it a good whack on the back of the head and consign it regretfully to the hedge bottom.....the educated veggies view

or...
stop...run back with priest from shooting jacket in your hand...give it a good whack on the back of the head, nip into back of van and put it into 12v fridge then at the first convenient point gut skin and joint it, either for yourself..or if too badly damaged for the dogs.......the hunters view

The first problem with the above is you the human have created the problem and now an added dangerous dilemma for the animal that humans have created. Lets face it most animal deaths or acidents are human created that is your first problem, thus I could argue, that driving cars , barbed wire fences etc help create injuries to animals, thus humans are again the problem.

Humans are the problem.......well yes they are indeed...get over it..c'est la vie (well actually...c'est la mort) what do you suggest...we "devolve into" monkeys...I know you are well on the way, but...... we cant have what we have without the inevitable impact on things...and if you DARE say we can...I want facts not "oh it can be done somehow, by somebody somewhere..

Wow didge...not only do you hate your own culture and ethnicity...you EVEN hate your own species

The second problem you have is my actual option would be the same one we have for humans and why I would not kill the animal.
Now if a human is injured, what do we do? Animals and humans do not compare
Do we whack the human over the back of head and put them out of pain not even knowing in most cases if their injuries are fatal? You see you thinking you are an expert make an educated guess the animal is dying,( not an expert Didge, but plenty of experience and knowlege) but even with humans dying from injuries or even soldiers in combat, we do not do a you suggest, In fact we try to save them, even if mortally wounded and ease their suffering if we have the means with drugs. Yes it is not of unheard of for soldiers to help mates end suffering but the norm is to attempt to save or help ease the passing. So how would I know if the animal was mortally wounded, in most cases I would not and thus call a vet and try to save the animal as he can try to save or ease the suffering of the animal.

So...you if you injured a wild rabbit...you would call a vet out??? well they wouldnt come out...I know they will treat wildlife for free...that doesnt include call out...you would have to get it to them

You really need to think your analogies through Victor, because again you do not even advocate how we treat other humans when badly injured. humans and animals do not compare

Now to deal with the nonsense of dying young eating mainly vegetables or just vegetables, some of the longest living:

Here are some other reasons vegetarians may outlive meat-lovers.

1. Low blood pressure: In the latest study, researchers found that not only do vegetarians have lower blood pressure on average, but that vegetarian diets could be used to lower blood pressure among people who need an intervention.

2. Lower risk of death: A 2013 study of more than 70,000 people found that vegetarians had a 12% lower risk of death compared with non-vegetarians. With none of the saturated fat and cholesterol that clogs arteries, vegetarians may be at a lower risk for chronic diseases overall.

3. Better moods: A 2012 study randomly split participants into a three diets: all-meat allowed, fish-only, and vegetarian no-meat. The researchers found that after two weeks, the people on the vegetarian diet reported more mood improvements than those on the other two diets.

4. Less chance of heart disease: Another 2013 study of 44,000 people reported that vegetarians were 32% less likely to develop ischemic heart disease.

5. Lower risk of cancer: Researchers at Loma Linda University in California studied different versions of the vegetarian diet and cancer risk among people at a low risk for cancer overall and discovered that a vegetarian diet may have protective benefits. Although the study is not the final say on the matter, vegans had the lowest risk for cancers, specifically cancers most common among women, like breast cancer.

6. Lower risk of diabetes: Studies have shown that vegetarians are at a lower risk for developing diabetes. While the diet won’t cure the disease, it can lower an individual’s risk by helping them maintain weight and improve blood sugar control.

7. Less likely to be overweight: Research shows that vegetarians tend to be leaner than their meat-eating counterparts, and that they also tend to have lower cholesterol and body mass index (BMI). Some data suggests that a vegetarian diet can help with weight loss and be better for maintaining a healthy weight over time.

Also this is very interesting

She aimed the same question at government officials who arrived with a metal plaque declaring her to be a “longevity celebrity,” her family said. It now hangs above a hard wooden bench in her simple living room, entitling her to a 500 yuan ($81) monthly payment, and free medical treatment.

Other clusters of longevity are said to include Cuba, islands off Greece and Japan, and a peninsula in Costa Rica, with researchers finding common characteristics including an emphasis on family, lifestyles requiring physical activity and a plant-based diet.

As China was swept by dramatic changes — from Japanese invasion to the communist victory in the civil war and a transition from a planned economy to the market — most Chengmai residents carried on doing what they had always done, growing crops.

“I’ve never done any exercise, except hard farmwork,” said 86 year-old Wang Kailu, who lives in a simple concrete shack with his wife, Wu Aihe. The couple said they married the day after Japan’s World War II surrender, 68 years ago.

Their one-story dwelling is sparsely furnished and Wang draws water from a well to spread on his small vegetable plot.

Experts on aging who have traveled to the area say several factors could be involved in the phenomenon.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/07/12/asia-pacific/science-health-asia-pacific/experts-cite-diet-villagers-cite-alcohol-as-secret-of-long-lives-on-chinas-hainan/#.U2M1JIFdXfI

That is all very well, and nothing new at all...and I have never said what you claim.....

what I DO SAY ...is that a vegetarian diet THAT IS COMPLETE AND CONTAINS ALL ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS is expensive AND complicated...GOT THAT????????????

now the problem comes with people who dont know what they are doing going veggie...or worse making their kids go veggie,,,
there is also a problem with folks who realise that the veggie diet they can afford is lacking some nutrients...and using supplements to make up for it.

there is also the (personal) matter of taste.... quorn and its like are tasteless mush as they are produced and thus need flavourings added....lovely ...more chemicals...incidently at a huge "carbon cost" moreover much "veggie food" is bland and flavourless..veggie cheese is a first rate fail....and veggie burgers and sausages...well what can I say..... :aspukeas: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 7:59 pm

There you have it, sorry want an utter epic fail.

You have a debate on halal and humane treatment of animals from putting them out of their misery where even humans do not do that to each other they attempt to save for that posters answer to be?

Animals and humans do not compare

Rather odd that one when we are animals, to then say we are more important, sorry?
That means you negate any view point to care for animals, because your view point matters than their now. You have just proven that your argument has never been about their well being but what you decide is, for something you class lesser than you, I think there is a definition for that in regards to races.

Not only that Victor is fucked, he now knows my view point is the best morally, I do not know if the animal is dying and call a vet, because he or she is better placed to decide what to do, as is a paramedic or doctor. He though claims to be an expert from killing animals, though again not knowing if really that animal could survive, when my option at least tries. To then have him give a copout repose on time frames, that was comical.

The fact is he knows again I have the higher ethical and moral high ground, hence his utterly poor reply .

A vegetarian diet is not expensive, again an utter fabrication, how much does rice and pasta cost compared to meat?

Take your time

The child grows up and decides if they want to be veggie, just like any religious child chooses to do with faith, again an absurd view.
Then he craps on about taste, well I am sure the animal would rather you let them live and get used to that taste, because I am sure you satisfactions come down the lesser scale than their right to exist.

Seriously son, you have been battered here, your argument on injuries to animals is more likely created from human interference, so the moral view point is to take that out of the equation, not killing the animal. The view to badly injured, we as a practice try to save or ease the suffering, to now more copout babble, when he knows he has been crushed like a pulp, he best being on his poor claim to injections to animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 9:09 pm

Didge wrote:There you have it, sorry want an utter epic fail.

oh so this is a didge head trip again is it...freaking idiot

You have a debate on halal and humane treatment of animals from putting them out of their misery where even humans do not do that to each other they attempt to save for that posters answer to be?

Animals and humans do not compare

Rather odd that one when we are animals, to then say we are more important, sorry? yes..since we are "apex predator"
That means you negate any view point to care for animals, No thats just your stupid infantile point of view...grow up because your view point matters than their now. You have just proven that your argument has never been about their well being but what you decide is, for something you class lesser than you, I think there is a definition for that in regards to races. of all the stupid childish and baseless comparisons

Not only that Victor is fucked, he now knows my view point is the best morally, No didge...you have NO morals...only what suits your purpose at the time. I do not know if the animal is dying and call a vet, because he or she is better placed to decide what to do, as is a paramedic or doctor. He though claims to be an expert from killing animals, though again not knowing if really that animal could survive, when my option at least tries. To then have him give a copout repose on time frames, that was comical.

what "response times"...stop lying to wriggle out diidge...I said THEY WONT come out...end of....YOU have to take it to them...I suppose you know how to move an injured animal...do you ? you know f**k all....all hot air and no trousers.... Not only that, but as it happens I know firstly the LAW on these things and secondly I know what years of experience as an animal handler (including exotics) has taught me...what vets have taught me and i recon i know a sight more about biology and physiology that YOU dodgey didge....would you like me to post a testimonial from our past and present vets??? as if....

The fact is he knows again I have the higher ethical and moral high ground, hence his utterly poor reply .

you have neither ethics nor morals..

A vegetarian diet is not expensive, again an utter fabrication, how much does rice and pasta cost compared to meat?

erm rice and pasta DO NOT constitute a complete and fully balanced diet....you would die within months if THAT was your sole fare...

Biology is not your strong point is it didge???

please explain how hou could live on THAT....take your time

the expense comes from all the "other stuff" that you HAVE to have...nuts, pulses weird and wonderful grains...like spelt etc....

Take your time

The child grows up and decides if they want to be veggie, just like any religious child chooses to do with faith, again an absurd view.

Bull shit time again...I never said ANYTHING about the child that grows up and DECIDES to become a veggie.....some are caught because "mummy and daddy" are veggies ...so junior will be too...and many of those are NOT fed correctly.....(bit like the JW scenario of parents dictating serious childs health issues)

Then he craps on about taste, well I am sure the animal would rather you let them live and get used to that taste, because I am sure you satisfactions come down the lesser scale than their right to exist.
I did say that taste was personal and subjective ...so go f**k your self and stop using "asides" as a method of distraction....

Seriously son, you have been battered here, your argument on injuries to animals is more likely created from human interference, so the moral view point is to take that out of the equation, not killing the animal. The view to badly injured, we as a practice try to save or ease the suffering, to now more copout babble, when he knows he has been crushed like a pulp, he best being on his poor claim to injections to animals

No didge is the one battered, shown for a stupid, emotive childish fool, that knows nothing, twists posts and makes everything about how "superior" is didges intellect...

with no common sense or reality

the reality IS

animals get injured by human activity
there is NOTHING practical we can do about it...short of die out....
the world needs meat....for many reasons
again there is at present NOTHING PRACTICAL we can do about it....

My hunting or not does not change those essential FACTS

since the world needs meat....since human activities injure animals, the "least worse" response is to kill as cleanly and as painlessly as possible.

as to didge calling my judgement into question..since he knows nothing of me....his points are invalid....he admits he doesnt know enough to make a judgement...well I could take two views on that..one of which is not kindly at all. But to ask me to beleive he would stop, having clouted a rabbit, and call out a vet well  ://?roflmao?/: 

try again Didge...you have been soundly thrashed...again.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 9:30 pm

So first point off Victor yet another infantile insult, showing his woeful intellect in all its glory

Point 2 he tries to evade his massive error on us being animals to now apex predator, one moment

://?roflmao?/: 

We already established we are herbivores and do not need to eat meat.

Point 3, now I have no morals when I advocate trying to save an animal, where he wishes to bash its head in, sorry I must look that one up for future reference

Point 4 now victor decides he can change the goal posts when I know vets have come out because I have called for such a situation after hitting a deer. To then claim about moving the animal, never even claimed that, when I am medically knowledgeable on humans but not animals, seriously, Victor makes it up as he goes along

Point 5 yes rice and pasta do, ask the Chinese or Japanese that live mainly on them in the poorer regions and live long lives, yet these were only two examples., Plus the fact I ate only pasta for a whole year whilst in Malta at 19, when I had become ill and gone off all food, another lie exposed from someone who has no clue what they are talking about. I had deficiencies, but I did not die, lie exposed again.

Oh dear point what ever number as bored now, more excuses on how parents now cannot influence their children on what they eat, gets better by the minute, might as well give up on the healthy options Mum and Dads

The best to last, there is nothing we can do about humans causing aninals injuries, one moment

://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/: 

We can do something about it in the ethical sense, not drive, not fly planes and not have an animal run the gauntlet of death, of course Victor will argue we need them, do we, did we need them 2000 years ago? No, did humans survive then without them? Yes
failed argument again

No your view to hunt makes you the biggest wally on the halal argument and the biggest hypocrite of us all, that is what is funny, because you kill for fun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 10:08 pm

Didge wrote:So first point off Victor yet another infantile insult, showing his woeful intellect in all its glory

and you dont? I know you admitted you were a hypocrite...but thats just stretching things too far.....

Point 2 he tries to evade his massive error on us being animals to now apex predator, one moment

://?roflmao?/: 

We already established we are herbivores and do not need to eat meat.

NO...WE havnt established anything of the sort....YOU might have, in your own uneducated mind....but i think you will find the mass of biological opinion against you there....

Point 3, now I have no morals when I advocate trying to save an animal, where he wishes to bash its head in, sorry I must look that one up for future reference

Point 4 now victor decides he can change the goal posts when I know vets have come out because I have called for such a situation after hitting a deer. so didge changes the goalposts from rabbits to deer..nice one ... To then claim about moving the animal, never even claimed that, when I am medically knowledgeable on humans  yeah right...humans are herbivores...rofl but not animals, seriously, Victor makes it up as he goes along

Point 5 yes rice and pasta do, ask the Chinese or Japanese that live mainly dear dear didge you seriously know bugger all on them in the poorer regions and live long lives, yet these were only two examples., Plus the fact I ate only pasta for a whole year whilst in Malta at 19, so no milk, no fruit juice, nothing but pasta day in day out, every meal...no cereals no fats or oils... bollocks..when I had become ill and gone off all food, another lie exposed from someone who has no clue what they are talking about. I had deficiencies, but I did not die, lie exposed again.
yeah didge yeay...and you flew to the moon as well.....

Oh dear point what ever number as bored now, more excuses on how parents now cannot influence their children on what they eat, gets better by the minute, might as well give up on the healthy options Mum and Dads

The best to last, there is nothing we can do about humans causing aninals injuries, one moment

://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/: 

We can do something about it in the ethical sense, not drive, not fly planes and not have an animal run the gauntlet of death, of course Victor will argue we need them, do we, did we need them 2000 years ago? No, did humans survive then without them? Yes
failed argument again
Twat...I did say "practically"  IF we want to live as we are.....you really hate modern society dont you...are you really suggesting we go back to caves???
moron...do you know the difference between Ideal and reality, between theory and practice????...clearly not....

let me rephrase

It cannot be done AND retain the way we are...to do so would result in the collapse of present day civilisations, a collapse in the human population, and the loss of all the progress we have made..

No your view to hunt makes you the biggest wally on the halal argument and the biggest hypocrite of us all, that is what is funny, because you kill for fun

and you cant kill out of mercy...that makes you worse...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 10:18 pm

Point one, yes we have established we are herbivores, that is a fact, try and argue against it all you like, you will lose, as we are not even designed to eat meat for a start, our teeth, jaws, and digestive system is designed not for a meat diet.

Point 2, mine was a better example and as seen you cannot answer my points again on humans creating a much higher risk for animal injuries.

Point 3 yes just pasta and many Chinese just eat mainly rice and live longer, so no bollocks, when we do not even need dairy products either

Point 4, I have nothing against modern society, yet again another lie expose, I am debating from the point that you have no point morally or ethically, as seen I rubbished your view point on injured animals, when we do not advocate the same method to injured humans, my that was an own goal

Can I not kill an animal injured? Really?, this is a debte on that I would not and thank goodness for that as such a decision may have been the wrong one, where it could have been actually saved, you take the kill mode, because you love to kill. So victor is now claiming we now ca not have an emergency vet service? really?
Don't be daft to bring money in, because that point would be moot also, because if you go by costs, that is human needs not the animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 10:20 pm

I look forward to your next reply tomorrow

NIght

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Didge wrote:Point one, yes we have established we are herbivores, that is a fact, try and argue against it all you like, you will lose, as we are not even designed to eat meat for a start, our teeth, jaws, and digestive system is designed not for a meat diet.

No we havnt...provide proof.....scientific papers...

we are OMNIVORES...teeth, digestive system and all...designed to eat ANYTHING (well almost) why do we have CANINES?...NO herbivore has those, why do we not have a caecum but instead its shrivelled remains as an "appendix" when the caecum is essential to a herbivore..unless it chews the cud.....It is not a fact didge...and you prove you know sod all.

Point 2, mine was a better example and as seen you cannot answer my points again on humans creating a much higher risk for animal injuries.

Point 3 yes just pasta and many Chinese just eat mainly rice and live longer, so no bollocks, when we do not even need dairy products either

Point 4, I have nothing against modern society, yet again another lie expose, I am debating from the point that you have no point morally or ethically, as seen I rubbished your view point on injured animals, when we do not advocate the same method to injured humans, my that was an own goal

Can I not kill an animal injured? Really?, this is a debte on that I would not and  thank goodness for that as such a decision may have been the wrong one, where it could have been actually saved, you take the kill mode, because you love to kill. So victor is now claiming we now ca not have an emergency vet service? really?
Don't be daft to bring money in, because that point would be moot also, because if you go by costs, that is human needs not the animals

I give up...now its an emergency vet service......so who you going to starve to pay for it out of public funds???
you are a bloody moron...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 10:55 pm

I agree with Victor Didge, we are omnivores, which is why we have grinding teeth at the back and biting teeth at the front, and our digestive system is designed for a mixed diet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:34 am

Sassy wrote:I agree with Victor Didge, we are omnivores, which is why we have grinding teeth at the back and biting teeth at the front, and our digestive system is designed for a mixed diet.

You can agree all you like Sassy, biologically we are designed as herbivores. that is a fact.

http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/natural.html

Take your time Victor as I know biology is not one of your strong points.
Also Gorillas have Canines, they are herbivores, oh my another massive mistake Victor the expert hunter who knows very little about animals, claiming we are not animals also, that was funny mind. I mean why do we have an appendix Victor? Do you find that in meat eaters? Sorry you need to do some basic biology, because what you are claiming is that we are natural meat eaters, no we added meat to our diet.

Again I told you he would bring up money thus again exposing this has nothing to do with the welfare of the animal, but money, thus exposing again the false claim to humane treatments, because money should not be an object to a proponent of humane treatments

So try again Victor, not only do you have no case to even claim humane treatment, but you also go against what we do as humans, who are animals as well to help each other when injured, we do not smash a shovel over their heads if injured, yet you advocate this to an animal you will in most cases not know if this is mortally wounded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 1:36 am

Going through the comments of some of my recent posts, I noticed the frequently stated notion that eating meat was an essential step in human evolution. While this notion may comfort the meat industry, it's simply not true, scientifically.

Dr. T. Colin Campbell, professor emeritus at Cornell University and author of The China Study, explains that in fact, we only recently (historically speaking) began eating meat, and that the inclusion of meat in our diet came well after we became who we are today. He explains that "the birth of agriculture only started about 10,000 years ago at a time when it became considerably more convenient to herd animals. This is not nearly as long as the time [that] fashioned our basic biochemical functionality (at least tens of millions of years) and which functionality depends on the nutrient composition of plant-based foods."

That jibes with what Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine President Dr. Neal Barnard says in his book, The Power of Your Plate, in which he explains that "early humans had diets very much like other great apes, which is to say a largely plant-based diet, drawing on foods we can pick with our hands. Research suggests that meat-eating probably began by scavenging--eating the leftovers that carnivores had left behind. However, our bodies have never adapted to it. To this day, meat-eaters have a higher incidence of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and other problems."

There is no more authoritative source on anthropological issues than paleontologist Dr. Richard Leakey, who explains what anyone who has taken an introductory physiology course might have discerned intuitively--that humans are herbivores. Leakey notes that "[y]ou can't tear flesh by hand, you can't tear hide by hand.... We wouldn't have been able to deal with food source that required those large canines" (although we have teeth that are called "canines," they bear little resemblance to the canines of carnivores).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-freston/shattering-the-meat-myth_b_214390.html

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat May 03, 2014 8:50 am

Didge wrote:Going through the comments of some of my recent posts, I noticed the frequently stated notion that eating meat was an essential step in human evolution. While this notion may comfort the meat industry, it's simply not true, scientifically.

Dr. T. Colin Campbell, professor emeritus at Cornell University and author of The China Study, explains that in fact, we only recently (historically speaking) began eating meat, and that the inclusion of meat in our diet came well after we became who we are today. He explains that "the birth of agriculture only started about 10,000 years ago at a time when it became considerably more convenient to herd animals. This is not nearly as long as the time [that] fashioned our basic biochemical functionality (at least tens of millions of years) and which functionality depends on the nutrient composition of plant-based foods."

That jibes with what Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine President Dr. Neal Barnard says in his book, The Power of Your Plate, in which he explains that "early humans had diets very much like other great apes, which is to say a largely plant-based diet, drawing on foods we can pick with our hands. Research suggests that meat-eating probably began by scavenging--eating the leftovers that carnivores had left behind. However, our bodies have never adapted to it. To this day, meat-eaters have a higher incidence of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and other problems."

There is no more authoritative source on anthropological issues than paleontologist Dr. Richard Leakey, who explains what anyone who has taken an introductory physiology course might have discerned intuitively--that humans are herbivores. Leakey notes that "[y]ou can't tear flesh by hand, you can't tear hide by hand.... We wouldn't have been able to deal with food source that required those large canines" (although we have teeth that are called "canines," they bear little resemblance to the canines of carnivores).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-freston/shattering-the-meat-myth_b_214390.html

You Plant Murdering Monster, Killing the only life forms so Spiritually advanced they can exist of light and water alone, who are you to kill such a high order beings. At least eat those that would eat others. why focus on the One life form that does not need to consume other life forms to survive.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 8:57 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

Going through the comments of some of my recent posts, I noticed the frequently stated notion that eating meat was an essential step in human evolution. While this notion may comfort the meat industry, it's simply not true, scientifically.

You Plant Murdering Monster, Killing the only life forms so Spiritually advanced they can exist of light and water alone, who are you to kill such a high order beings. At least eat those that would eat others. why focus on the One life form that does not need to consume other life forms to survive.

lol! 

I do eat meat Veya and admit I am a hypocrite for eating meat, though that is not the debate.
The fact is we are designed as herbivores and have added meat to our diets and have only done so through an advance in intelligence, we do not have claws for a start.

Last edited by Didge on Sat May 03, 2014 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat May 03, 2014 9:02 am

yeah but we started eating it 2million years and 4 variations of Hominid ago
Homo Sapiens have always eaten meat.  Wink 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 9:05 am

veya_victaous wrote:yeah but we started eating it 2million years and 4 variations of Hominid ago
Homo Sapiens have always eaten meat.  Wink 

Yes humans adapted to eating meat with tools, like I said with advancing intelligence, it does not though mean we were designed to eat meat, far from it and eating meat also brings many medical problems because our bodies are not designed for such consumption of meat. So our ancestors added meat to their diet, it does not mean they are natural carnivores.

Eating Meat and Marrow

The diet of the earliest hominins was probably somewhat similar to the diet of modern chimpanzees: omnivorous, including large quantities of fruit, leaves, flowers, bark, insects and meat (e.g., Andrews & Martin 1991; Milton 1999; Watts 2008). Tooth morphology and dental microwear studies suggest that the diet of some hominins may have included hard food items such as seeds and nuts, and underground storage organs (USOs) such as roots and tubers (Jolly 1970; Peters & O'Brien 1981; Teaford & Ungar 2000; Luca et al. 2010). By at least 2.6 million years ago, a remarkable expansion in this diet started to occur; some hominins began incorporating meat and marrow from small to very large animals into their diet. 

::D::

Last edited by Didge on Sat May 03, 2014 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 03, 2014 9:05 am

Didge wrote:
Sassy wrote:I agree with Victor Didge, we are omnivores, which is why we have grinding teeth at the back and biting teeth at the front, and our digestive system is designed for a mixed diet.

You can agree all you like Sassy, biologically we are designed as herbivores. that is a fact.

http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/natural.html

Take your time Victor as I know biology is not one of your strong points.
Also Gorillas have Canines, they are herbivores, oh my another massive mistake Victor the expert hunter who knows very little about animals, claiming we are not animals also, that was funny mind. I mean why do we have an appendix Victor? Do you find that in meat eaters?  Sorry you need to do some basic biology, because what you are claiming is that we are natural meat eaters, no we added meat to our diet.

Again I told you he would bring up money thus again exposing this has nothing to do with the welfare of the animal, but money, thus exposing again the false claim to humane treatments, because money should not be an object to a proponent of humane treatments

So try again Victor, not only do you have no case to even claim humane treatment, but you also go against what we do as humans, who are animals as well to help each other when injured, we do not smash a shovel over their heads if injured, yet you advocate this to an animal you will in most cases not know if this is mortally wounded.    

Human beings are Omnivores, even the Vegetarian Society admit that:

Evidence of Humans as Omnivores
Archeological Record

As far back as it can be traced, clearly the archeological record indicates an omnivorous diet for humans that included meat. Our ancestry is among the hunter/gatherers from the beginning. Once domestication of food sources began, it included both animals and plants.

Cell Types
Relative number and distribution of cell types, as well as structural specializations, are more important than overall length of the intestine to determining a typical diet. Dogs are typical carnivores, but their intestinal characteristics have more in common with omnivores. Wolves eat quite a lot of plant material.
Fermenting Vats

Nearly all plant eaters have fermenting vats (enlarged chambers where foods sits and microbes attack it). Ruminants like cattle and deer have forward sacs derived from remodeled esophagus and stomach. Horses, rhinos, and colobine monkeys have posterior, hindgut sacs. Humans have no such specializations.

Jaws
Although evidence on the structure and function of human hands and jaws, behavior, and evolutionary history also either support an omnivorous diet or fail to support strict vegetarianism, the best evidence comes from our teeth.

The short canines in humans are a functional consequence of the enlarged cranium and associated reduction of the size of the jaws. In primates, canines function as both defense weapons and visual threat devices. Interestingly, the primates with the largest canines (gorillas and gelada baboons) both have basically vegetarian diets. In archeological sites, broken human molars are most often confused with broken premolars and molars of pigs, a classic omnivore. On the other hand, some herbivores have well-developed incisors that are often mistaken for those of human teeth when found in archeological excavations.
Salivary Glands

These indicate we could be omnivores. Saliva and urine data vary, depending on diet, not taxonomic group.

Intestines
Intestinal absorption is a surface area, not linear problem. Dogs (which are carnivores) have intestinal specializations more characteristic of omnivores than carnivores such as cats. The relative number of crypts and cell types is a better indication of diet than simple length. We are intermediate between the two groups.

Conclusion
Humans are classic examples of omnivores in all relevant anatomical traits. There is no basis in anatomy or physiology for the assumption that humans are pre-adapted to the vegetarian diet. For that reason, the best arguments in support of a meat-free diet remain ecological, ethical, and health concerns.

[Dr. McArdle is a vegetarian and currently Scientific Advisor to The American Anti-Vivisection Society. He is an anatomist and a primatologist.]

https://www.vrg.org/nutshell/omni.htm#evidence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next