NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Say! Where'd you get that user name?

+15
Lone Wolf
gerber
Fred Moletrousers
SEXY MAMA
Spindleshanks
Cass
David
Eilzel
groomsy
veya_victaous
Irn Bru
harvesmom
Stephenmarra
eddie
Ben Reilly
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Say! Where'd you get that user name? Empty Say! Where'd you get that user name?

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:40 pm

I think we might have done this before, a long time ago, but it'd be interesting to hear some of the newer member's name origins.

Right now I'm going with a goof name, but I think I've said before that Ben Reilly was the name of the clone of Peter Parker (Spider-Man) who became a superhero called Scarlet Spider.

I've always wondered about some of the names -- particularly where veya_victaous comes from Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Say! Where'd you get that user name? Empty Re: Say! Where'd you get that user name?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:43 pm

Ben_is_easily_amused wrote:I think we might have done this before, a long time ago, but it'd be interesting to hear some of the newer member's name origins.

Right now I'm going with a goof name, but I think I've said before that Ben Reilly was the name of the clone of Peter Parker (Spider-Man) who became a superhero called Scarlet Spider.

I've always wondered about some of the names -- particularly where veya_victaous comes from Smile

SAS were my initials originally and my brother always used to call me Sas, then as I got older people changed it to Sassy. I don't use it IRL now, but decided it was 'me' so use it on line.

Back to top Go down

Say! Where'd you get that user name? Empty Re: Say! Where'd you get that user name?

Post by eddie Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:48 pm

Eddie Izzard.
Used to fancy him when he was in his transvestite stage  Razz 

Not now though. He's gone hairy and has a very short neck?  
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:50 pm

eddie wrote:Eddie Izzard.

Did you see him in Treasure Island as Long John Silver, he was fantastic.

Love Eddie Izzard. He is now behind quite a lot of LW campaigns as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:51 pm

Sassy wrote:

Love Eddie Izzard.   He is now behind quite a lot of LW campaigns as well.  

He's from where all the history comes from, right?  lol! Nice choice.

Thanks for your story as well, Sas!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:53 pm

Ben_is_easily_amused wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Yeah he's a clever bloke, that's why I fancied him too.
I saw his willy once.

:asballsas?: 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:54 pm

eddie wrote:

I saw his willy once.

Why did he have his willy out Edds?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:56 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

I saw his willy once.

Did he have a Long John Silver?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:57 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

I saw his willy once.

Well nems, he was in a play about some bloke (true story but can't remember.....oh yes! Lenny somebody?) anyway, he was naked in the play and had to simulate sex and he got a hard-on and I saw it  Razz 

Pfffff I've told you this before you know! It's my favourite story  cheers 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:58 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

Well nems, he was in a play about some bloke (true story but can't remember.....oh yes! Lenny somebody?) anyway, he was naked in the play and had to simulate sex and he got a hard-on and I saw it  Razz 

Not to me I would remember that story!
Anyway I bet Kevin Bacon's willy is bigger!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

Ah remember it, the very rude comic Lenny Bruce I think it was.   Don't think I actually saw the play though I heard about it. He's the one who said Life is A Four Letter Word lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:02 pm

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:

Ah remember it, the very rude comic Lenny Bruce I think it was.   Don't think I actually saw the play though I heard about it.   He's the one who said Life is A Four Letter Word lol

That's the one!!
I has just started dating my OH then and he took me to see it.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:03 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Ah remember it, the very rude comic Lenny Bruce I think it was.   Don't think I actually saw the play though I heard about it.   He's the one who said Life is A Four Letter Word lol

That's the one!!
I has just started dating my OH then and he took me to see it.

He was absolutely brilliant, shocked the hell out of some people though! The Daily Mail readership would have passed out.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:03 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

I did! We were in hand chat box  :asdrnkbudsas: 
I remember cos Titch made a rude comment lol and David fainted  lol! 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:06 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

you sure I hadnt gone for a wee?! ::smthg:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

Probably  Rolling Eyes

Say! Where'd you get that user name? Barthroomstall
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:03 am

When I worked in a local factory, 7 of the nine guys in my department  was from out west and invariably I was greeted with "owz't ga'an marra" (how is it going friend)  so I'm a honorary marra,.
 Bit of a double edged sward though,   as it's also an insult as in " Christ we've got another marra starting, god help us" !
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:13 am

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

Erm actually Nems you were always going for a wee!!!  lol! David had to put that toilet smilie in for you!

Last edited by harvesmom on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too much vodka)
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:17 am

Mine is, Harvey is my dog, a west highland terrier, and I am his Mom  Smile 
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:23 am

harvesmom wrote:Mine is,  Harvey is my dog, a west highland terrier, and I am his Mom  Smile 
Nippy la'al buggers aren't  they HM ?  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect   ::D::
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:28 am

Stephenmarra wrote:
harvesmom wrote:Mine is,  Harvey is my dog, a west highland terrier, and I am his Mom  Smile 

Got to say Stevenmarra, I think some of them are, but after 8 years I have never even seen Harve bare his teeth to anyone let alone go for them. He is the most laid back, friendly dog I've ever had!

I should add...unless you are the rat he caught at our stables two days ago  lol!  RIP ratty
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:35 am

harvesmom wrote:
Stephenmarra wrote:

Got to say Stevenmarra, I think some of them are, but after 8 years I have never even seen Harve bare his teeth to anyone let alone go for them. He is the most laid back, friendly dog I've ever had!

I should add...unless you are the rat he caught at our stables two days ago  lol!  RIP ratty

Ahh ! a true terrier  then, nowt wrong with that.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:40 am

Stephenmarra wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

If you like dead rats lol! Do you have a westie then?
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:41 am

Irn Bru. It's Scotland's national drink and made from guirders.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:45 am

Irn Bru wrote:Irn Bru. It's Scotland's national drink and made from guirders.

Ground up and fermented lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:52 am

Sassy wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Irn Bru. It's Scotland's national drink and made from guirders.

Ground up and fermented lol

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephenmarra Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:59 am

harvesmom wrote:
Stephenmarra wrote:

If you like dead rats lol! Do you have a westie then?

No,  ! but Mother alternated between Westies and Jack Russell's  so grew up with both,  both were yappie  la'al   buggers. But both breeds  was the most loyal and loving dogs you could ask for.
Stephenmarra
Stephenmarra
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:05 am

Always call Westies 'Charlie Dogs' because someone over the road years ago in Colchester had one called Charlie who I loved to bits, he was such a character.

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:13 am

Harve is definitely not a yapper lol, he only barks when someone is on the drive, or a cat is in the garden and he has this really deep bark that makes him sound like a rotweiller  lol!

All my friends call westies Harvey dogs now lol
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:18 am

Funny how names stick lol.

I've had lurchers for a long time until my last one died, broke my heart. OH bought grandaughter who lives with us a labrador puppy two years ago. Love him to bits, but compared with a lurcher, he's a nightmare and such hard work. When he is naughty i say 'that's it, your going back and I'm getting a lurcher'. He knows I'm only kidding though - I think!

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:23 am

Labradors are meant to be really high maintenance.  I know the one we go walking with has this thing for eating other dogs poo  Razz and they are really struggling to house train him
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:31 am

He's no trouble that way, house trained by 2 months, good as gold in the house, just so full of energy and and loves to swim even in the middle of winter.   Good job we have our bathroom just inside the front door, he comes home and jumps straight in the bath to be showered, loves it.   When we first had him, grandaughter was at Otley College talking her diplomas in animal care and conservation, one of the things was dog training.   The first day she had him she went to take a shower and it was a walk in one, Benny is in there with her, on his back under the warm water! He just needs to run and play so many hours a day!   Lurchers curl up with you after a run, not Benny, he has his energy back within five minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:35 am

Classic Bakewell Tart

There can't be many dishes as controversial as the Bakewell tart. For starters, there seems to be no kind of consensus on its name. We might call them tarts now, but in Bakewell itself, they're puddings – as they were generally known for hundreds of years. (Their long history belies the popular, but apocryphal, tale of the tart being a local cook's serendipitous creation in 1860.) Neither is it easy to find agreement on what the correct ingredients are. Different recipes call for custardy or sponge-cake fillings – so this version is a, if not the, classic Bakewell.

Vegetarian

Preparation time: 1 hour, plus 1 hour chilling
Cooking time: 30 minutes to 35 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes to 2 hours 35 minutes 60 minutes 60 minutes 35 minutes

Serves: 8
Ingredients

Filling
100g unsalted butter, softened
3 large eggs, beaten
6 tbsp strawberry jam
125g caster sugar
1/2 tsp Almond extract
150g ground almonds
25g flaked almonds

Pastry
200g plain flour
2 tbsp icing sugar
100g unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
2 large egg yolks, beaten

To Decorate
1 tbsp icing sugar, sifted

Method

First, make the pastry. Sift the flour, a pinch of salt and icing sugar into a large mixing bowl. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs and there are no large lumps of butter left. You can also place the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you get the same effect.
Stir in half the beaten egg yolks until the mixture comes together. If the pastry won't come together, it is too crumbly or too wet. In the former case, add a few tbsp of water; in the latter, add a little more flour. Continue to add the remaining egg yolk, adding just enough until it binds into a soft but not sticky dough. You can add some water if your pastry is very dry, to make it easier to handle. However, if you can manage a fairly dry pastry, the end result will be more pleasingly crumbly. Push the pastry together and shape into a flat circle. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for half an hour in the fridge.
Unwrap the pastry and transfer to a lightly floured work surface. Lightly flour a rolling pin and roll the pastry out until it is 3mm thick – about the thickness of a pound coin. Pick up the pastry with the rolling pin and use to line the tart tin. Trim the edges with a knife. Press well into the corners, using a ball of spare pastry to gently stretch it into place. Chill for another half an hour in the fridge.
Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Lightly prick the pastry with a fork to stop it rising. Line with baking parchment and fill with baking beans to help it keep its shape and stop the sides collapsing. Place on a baking sheet to make it easier to slip in and out of the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the baking beans and parchment and return to the oven for 5 minutes until lightly golden and dry to the touch. Allow to cool, then spread jam over the pastry. Turn the oven down to 180°C, gas mark 4.
To make the filling, place the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat together until pale and fluffy. Begin adding the eggs, a little at a time – they could curdle if you add them too fast. (Having everything at the same temperature helps avoid this outcome, too.) Add the almond extract and fold in the ground almonds. Spoon the mixture over the jam and level it out with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle over the flaked almonds. Return the tart to the baking sheet and place on the middle shelf of the oven for 30–35 minutes, or until the filling is golden on top and feels firm in the middle. If the tart seems to be browning too quickly, cover with a sheet of foil. If your oven is uneven, turn once during cooking.
Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, and then remove from the tin and dust with icing sugar. Slice into 8 portions and serve.

£2.00(51.3p per 100g)

Product Code: 4174997

No artificial colours, flavours or hydrogenated fat. Suitable for vegetarians. Our twist on a classic Bakewell topped with sweet crumble and crunchy almond sprinkles
Ingredients

[Wheat Flour, Sugar, Vegetable Margarine [Vegetable Fat, Vegetable Oil, Water, Emulsifier (Mono and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid)], Morello Cherries (7.5%), Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Egg, Marzipan (5.4%) [ALMONDS, Sugar, Water, Invert Sugar Syrup, Flavouring], Vegetable Oil, Water, Invert Sugar Syrup, Wheat Starch, FLAKED ALMONDS (1.6%), Modified Maize Starch, Dextrose, Whey Powder (Milk), Apricot Kernel Paste [Apricot Kernels, Sugar, Water, Invert Sugar Syrup], Fructose, Acidity Regulators (Citric Acid, Potassium Citrates, Calcium Citrates, Sodium Citrates), Raising Agents (Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Phosphate, Diphosphates), Thickeners (Pectins, Xanthan Gum), Flavouring, Salt, Emulsifiers (Mono and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids), Lactose (Milk), Concentrated Carrot Juice, Colour (Carotenes)]
Other information
Allergy Advice

Contains Gluten. Contains Wheat. Contains Eggs. Contains Milk. Contains Nuts. Contains Almonds. May Contain Sesame Seeds. May contain traces of sesame seeds.
Additives

Free From Artificial Colours. Free From Artificial Flavours.
Dietaries

Suitable for Vegetarians.
Cooking Guidelines

Oven cook - From Frozen: Remove tart from all packaging including card disc from underneath the tart. Cook in the centre of a pre-heated oven at 160°C/325°F/Fan 140°C/Gas Mark 3 for 25-30 minutes. For fan assisted ovens baking time should be reduced to 20-25 minutes. Check product is piping hot before serving. Do not re-heat. We have given you these cooking instructions as a guide only.
Storage

Keep frozen Once defrosted keep refrigerated and consume within 24 hours For star marked freezers: * Up to 1 week ** Up to 1 month *** (-18°C) Up to 3 months **** (-18°C) Until Best Before date Do not re-freeze
Packaging

Box
Nutritional Values
Typical values (ovenbaked) Per 100g (ovenbaked) Per 1/5 tart
Energy 1672kJ 1304kJ
399kcal 311kcal
Protein 5.7g 4.5g
Carbohydrate 52.7g 41.1g
of which sugars 26.2g 20.4g
Fat 18.0g 14.0g
of which saturates 5.1g 4.0g
Fibre 1.7g 1.3g
Sodium 0.13g 0.10g
equivalent as salt 0.3g 0.3g
Country
Country of Origin

Germany
Manufacturer

Asda Stores Limited
Leeds
LS11 5AD.
Product Information

At ASDA, we do everything we can to make sure the information about the products we sell is always as accurate as possible. However, because products are regularly improved, the product information, ingredients, nutritional guides and dietary or allergy advice may occasionally change.

As a result, we recommend that you always read the label carefully before using or consuming any products. Please do not solely rely on the information provided on this website Because of this, ASDA is unable to accept liability for any inaccuracies or incorrect information contained on this site.

If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any ASDA own label products, please contact our friendly Customer Services team on 0800 952 6060. For up to date information on other products, please speak to the manufacturer.

This does not affect your statutory rights. This information is supplied for personal use only. It must not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without the prior consent of ASDA, nor without due acknowledgement.
 Razz Razz Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:39 am

Right, guess you bought an Asda Bakewell Tart lol.

On that note, I'm for bed!

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:43 am

Sassy wrote:He's no trouble that way, house trained by 2 months, good as gold in the house, just so full of energy and and loves to swim even in the middle of winter.   Good job we have our bathroom just inside the front door, he comes home and jumps straight in the bath to be showered, loves it.   When we first had him, grandaughter was at Otley College talking her diplomas in animal care and conservation, one of the things was dog training.   The first day she had him she went to take a shower and it was a walk in one, Benny is in there with her, on his back under the warm water!  He just needs to run and play so many hours a day!   Lurchers curl up with you after a run, not Benny, he has his energy back within five minutes.

I think its a puppy thing, Harve put me through hell the first 3 years. I remember my mom ringing me at work, she used to come and collect him about 10 am and I fetched him back on the way home so he was never left alone. She said, you know that nice white dog you had? Well he was hiding behind my log burner fire for 2 hours and we thought we had lost him... and now he's black. Then he went into some woods on a walk and came out with a dead rabbit and they were both covered in blood. Then he went into a pool after a duck and I had to go and wade in to get him out because he was stuck... then he went into a badgers hole and I had to pull him out by his tail. Now he is nice and calm hahahaha
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:45 am

Sassy wrote:Right, guess you bought an Asda Bakewell Tart lol.

On that note, I'm for bed!

Just posting a recipe, then showing a cheaper alternative!  ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:46 am

Catman wrote:Classic Bakewell Tart

There can't be many dishes as controversial as the Bakewell tart. For starters, there seems to be no kind of consensus on its name. We might call them tarts now, but in Bakewell itself, they're puddings – as they were generally known for hundreds of years. (Their long history belies the popular, but apocryphal, tale of the tart being a local cook's serendipitous creation in 1860.) Neither is it easy to find agreement on what the correct ingredients are. Different recipes call for custardy or sponge-cake fillings – so this version is a, if not the, classic Bakewell.

Vegetarian

Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes to 2 hours 35 minutes 60 minutes 60 minutes 35 minutes

Ingredients

Filling
   3 large eggs, beaten
   6 tbsp strawberry jam
   125g caster sugar
   1/2 tsp Almond extract
   150g ground almonds
   25g flaked almonds

Pastry
   200g plain flour
   2 tbsp icing sugar

To Decorate

Method

First, make the pastry. Sift the flour, a pinch of salt and icing sugar into a large mixing bowl. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs and there are no large lumps of butter left. You can also place the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until you get the same effect.
   Stir in half the beaten egg yolks until the mixture comes together. If the pastry won't come together, it is too crumbly or too wet. In the former case, add a few tbsp of water; in the latter, add a little more flour. Continue to add the remaining egg yolk, adding just enough until it binds into a soft but not sticky dough. You can add some water if your pastry is very dry, to make it easier to handle. However, if you can manage a fairly dry pastry, the end result will be more pleasingly crumbly. Push the pastry together and shape into a flat circle. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for half an hour in the fridge.
   Unwrap the pastry and transfer to a lightly floured work surface. Lightly flour a rolling pin and roll the pastry out until it is 3mm thick – about the thickness of a pound coin. Pick up the pastry with the rolling pin and use to line the tart tin. Trim the edges with a knife. Press well into the corners, using a ball of spare pastry to gently stretch it into place. Chill for another half an hour in the fridge.
   Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Lightly prick the pastry with a fork to stop it rising. Line with baking parchment and fill with baking beans to help it keep its shape and stop the sides collapsing. Place on a baking sheet to make it easier to slip in and out of the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the baking beans and parchment and return to the oven for 5 minutes until lightly golden and dry to the touch. Allow to cool, then spread jam over the pastry. Turn the oven down to 180°C, gas mark 4.
   To make the filling, place the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat together until pale and fluffy. Begin adding the eggs, a little at a time – they could curdle if you add them too fast. (Having everything at the same temperature helps avoid this outcome, too.) Add the almond extract and fold in the ground almonds. Spoon the mixture over the jam and level it out with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle over the flaked almonds. Return the tart to the baking sheet and place on the middle shelf of the oven for 30–35 minutes, or until the filling is golden on top and feels firm in the middle. If the tart seems to be browning too quickly, cover with a sheet of foil. If your oven is uneven, turn once during cooking.
   Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, and then remove from the tin and dust with icing sugar. Slice into 8 portions and serve.

£2.00(51.3p per 100g)

No artificial colours, flavours or hydrogenated fat. Suitable for vegetarians. Our twist on a classic Bakewell topped with sweet crumble and crunchy almond sprinkles
Ingredients

[Wheat Flour, Sugar, Vegetable Margarine [Vegetable Fat, Vegetable Oil, Water, Emulsifier (Mono and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid)], Morello Cherries (7.5%), Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Egg, Marzipan (5.4%) [ALMONDS, Sugar, Water, Invert Sugar Syrup, Flavouring], Vegetable Oil, Water, Invert Sugar Syrup, Wheat Starch, FLAKED ALMONDS (1.6%), Modified Maize Starch, Dextrose, Whey Powder (Milk), Apricot Kernel Paste [Apricot Kernels, Sugar, Water, Invert Sugar Syrup], Fructose, Acidity Regulators (Citric Acid, Potassium Citrates, Calcium Citrates, Sodium Citrates), Raising Agents (Sodium Bicarbonate, Calcium Phosphate, Diphosphates), Thickeners (Pectins, Xanthan Gum), Flavouring, Salt, Emulsifiers (Mono and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids), Lactose (Milk), Concentrated Carrot Juice, Colour (Carotenes)]
Other information
Allergy Advice

Contains Gluten. Contains Wheat. Contains Eggs. Contains Milk. Contains Nuts. Contains Almonds. May Contain Sesame Seeds. May contain traces of sesame seeds.
Additives

Dietaries

Cooking Guidelines

Oven cook - From Frozen: Remove tart from all packaging including card disc from underneath the tart. Cook in the centre of a pre-heated oven at 160°C/325°F/Fan 140°C/Gas Mark 3 for 25-30 minutes. For fan assisted ovens baking time should be reduced to 20-25 minutes. Check product is piping hot before serving. Do not re-heat. We have given you these cooking instructions as a guide only.
Storage

Keep frozen Once defrosted keep refrigerated and consume within 24 hours For star marked freezers: * Up to 1 week ** Up to 1 month *** (-18°C) Up to 3 months **** (-18°C) Until Best Before date Do not re-freeze
Packaging

Box
Nutritional Values
Energy 1672kJ 1304kJ
399kcal 311kcal
Protein 5.7g 4.5g
Carbohydrate 52.7g 41.1g
Fat 18.0g 14.0g
Fibre 1.7g 1.3g
Sodium 0.13g 0.10g
Country
Country of Origin

Germany
Manufacturer

Asda Stores Limited
Leeds
LS11 5AD.
Product Information

At ASDA, we do everything we can to make sure the information about the products we sell is always as accurate as possible. However, because products are regularly improved, the product information, ingredients, nutritional guides and dietary or allergy advice may occasionally change.

As a result, we recommend that you always read the label carefully before using or consuming any products. Please do not solely rely on the information provided on this website Because of this, ASDA is unable to accept liability for any inaccuracies or incorrect information contained on this site.

If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any ASDA own label products, please contact our friendly Customer Services team on 0800 952 6060. For up to date information on other products, please speak to the manufacturer.

This does not affect your statutory rights. This information is supplied for personal use only. It must not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without the prior consent of ASDA, nor without due acknowledgement.
 Razz Razz Razz 

Good stuff. But whats it got to do with Catman?
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:47 am

harvesmom wrote:
Sassy wrote:He's no trouble that way, house trained by 2 months, good as gold in the house, just so full of energy and and loves to swim even in the middle of winter.   Good job we have our bathroom just inside the front door, he comes home and jumps straight in the bath to be showered, loves it.   When we first had him, grandaughter was at Otley College talking her diplomas in animal care and conservation, one of the things was dog training.   The first day she had him she went to take a shower and it was a walk in one, Benny is in there with her, on his back under the warm water!  He just needs to run and play so many hours a day!   Lurchers curl up with you after a run, not Benny, he has his energy back within five minutes.

I think its a puppy thing, Harve put me through hell the first 3 years. I remember my mom ringing me at work, she used to come and collect him about 10 am and I fetched him back on the way home so he was never left alone. She said, you know that nice white dog you had? Well he was hiding behind my log burner fire for 2 hours and we thought we had lost him... and now he's black. Then he went into some woods on a walk and came out with a dead rabbit and they were both covered in blood. Then he went into a pool after a duck and I had to go and wade in to get him out because he was stuck... then he went into a badgers hole and I had to pull him out by his tail. Now he is nice and calm hahahaha

Unfortunately with labradors, as the vet said to us, they stop being puppies at about 11, they die at about 13  pale  He's 2, we have 9 more years of that kind of thing, oh joy! Night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:51 am

harvesmom wrote:
Catman wrote:Classic Bakewell Tart

Vegetarian

Ingredients

Filling
   3 large eggs, beaten
   6 tbsp strawberry jam
   125g caster sugar
   1/2 tsp Almond extract
   150g ground almonds
   25g flaked almonds

Pastry
   200g plain flour
   2 tbsp icing sugar

To Decorate

Method

£2.00(51.3p per 100g)

Ingredients

Other information
Allergy Advice

Additives

Dietaries

Cooking Guidelines

Storage

Packaging

Box
Nutritional Values
Energy 1672kJ 1304kJ
399kcal 311kcal
Protein 5.7g 4.5g
Carbohydrate 52.7g 41.1g
Fat 18.0g 14.0g
Fibre 1.7g 1.3g
Sodium 0.13g 0.10g
Country
Country of Origin

Germany
Manufacturer

Asda Stores Limited
Leeds
LS11 5AD.
Product Information

Razz Razz Razz 

Good stuff. But whats it got to do with Catman?

Keep chocolate away from cats, since it poison to them, and most sugar based crap is....But they will try to go for it.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:56 am

Its a very tentative link....
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:05 am

How about smelly_bandit, are you a malodorous marauder?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:52 am

@Ben
the way I wrote "Vae victis"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vae_victis
when I was about 13 and had only ever heard it.... playing this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Omen:_Legacy_of_Kain

Have I ever mentioned I am terrible at spelling Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

It's my gamer tag and email so I have just always kept it
...plus it is good it is never taken so I never need add numbers on the end
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:58 am

veya_victaous wrote:@Ben
the way I wrote "Vae victis"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vae_victis
when I was about 13 and had only ever heard it.... playing this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Omen:_Legacy_of_Kain

Have I ever mentioned I am terrible at spelling  Razz Razz:P:P:P

It's my gamer tag and email so I have just always kept it
...plus it is good it is never taken so I never need add numbers on the end

Awesome! I had always conjectured that it was from a game, but I didn't know. Smile Smile Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:54 am

Eddie Izzard's no longer in transvestite stage? What's the world coming to?

Back to top Go down

Post by groomsy Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:46 am

my name
groomsy
groomsy
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:43 am

My name in reverse, and with a Z instead of S, cause Zeds are cool right  ::D:: 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:21 am

VOD Vicar of Dibley , my fav comedy and Dawn French is awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:56 am

Tess - my name

Testaceous - Having a hard shell or shell-like outer covering:

Thought I'd better get myself a shell to keep posting on here!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:28 am

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

I don't remember the story either. Trust me I would have remembered if big  elephant were involved HAHAHAHA

Anyway David is my real name and because I like Michelangelo's David. hahaha
David
David
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:16 am

harvesmom wrote:Harve is definitely not a yapper lol, he only barks when someone is on the drive, or a cat is in the garden and he has this really deep bark that makes him sound like a rotweiller  lol!

All my friends call westies Harvey dogs now lol

I can vouch for that when Harve barks he sounds like he means it! My Mollie was completely in love ! ::D:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next