NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Asked For It!

3 posters

Go down

You Asked For It! Empty You Asked For It!

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:16 am

24th March 2014

Political correctness - the crippling disease at the heart of England.

Please discuss.

A female Police Community Support Officer accused of spanking a male colleague's bottom will stand trial in June. PCSO Josephine Browne, 50, allegedly smacked the fellow officer's backside six times while they worked together at Kentish Town Police Station in north London. The pair were both employed as PCSOs for the Kentish Town Safer Neighbourhoods team when the alleged attack took place on August 18 last year. Browne appeared spoke in a loud booming voice when she denied a single count of sexual assault and a further charge of common assault at Southwark Crown Court.

http://www.courtnewsuk.co.uk/newsgallery/?page=1#sthash.makxiOT0.dpuf

AND

One little girl was clutching her favourite toy while her younger sister was sucking her thumb – and both looked utterly lost and forlorn.

In a bygone era, a concerned adult might have stopped to ask them where their mother was. But in a damning indictment of modern Britain, hundreds of busy people simply walked on by.

The girls stood for an hour on a Saturday morning in a busy shopping arcade looking for 'help', as part of a social experiment for television.

Hidden cameras recorded Uma, seven, and Maya, five, who took it in turns to look lost.

Astonishingly, over the whole hour only one person, a grandmother, took a moment to find out if there was a problem. All of the 616 other passers-by completely ignored the girls.

Back to top Go down

You Asked For It! Empty Re: You Asked For It!

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:23 am

two incidents and both shameful, the idea of the two girls doesn't surprise me I am very careful if I see children around, daren't comment just in case someone thinks i'm a peado or something, years ago if a child fell over you would pick them up see if they are ok, now you do that at your own peril, this is what the world has allegedly gained we are separating each other from society through fear..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:29 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:two incidents and both shameful, the idea of the two girls doesn't surprise me I am very careful if I see children around, daren't comment just in case someone thinks i'm a peado or something, years ago if a child fell over you would pick them up see if they are ok, now you do that at your own peril, this is what the world has allegedly gained we are separating each other from society through fear..

Nearly all the comments I've seen say the same thing about looking like a paedo.

I would give them a wide birth because they look like Romanian beggars.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:33 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:two incidents and both shameful, the idea of the two girls doesn't surprise me I am very careful if I see children around, daren't comment just in case someone thinks i'm a peado or something, years ago if a child fell over you would pick them up see if they are ok, now you do that at your own peril, this is what the world has allegedly gained we are separating each other from society through fear..

Nearly all the comments I've seen say the same thing about looking like a paedo.

I would give them a wide birth because they look like Romanian beggars.

It shows the world has gone a long way backwards, if this is being PC i think the very notion stinks....

communities breaking down, people too scared to leave their homes, people to scared to do the right thing in fear of being seen as peado's, when did all this crap start and why didn't we stop it...

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:31 pm

Sad isn't it folks, that when you try to help someone, others may look at you with suspicion. Not so long ago in a supermarket a little kiddy was crying and his mum wasn't in the same aisle. As I bent down to ask what was the matter my wife tugged my sleeve and said 'come away, leave him or people will think you're a paedo.'

Indeed Gigatt, what are we coming to?
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:33 pm

stardesk wrote:Sad isn't it folks, that when you try to help someone, others may look at you with suspicion. Not so long ago in a supermarket a little kiddy was crying and his mum wasn't in the same aisle. As I bent down to ask what was the matter my wife tugged my sleeve and said 'come away, leave him or people will think you're a paedo.'

Indeed Gigatt, what are we coming to?

very sad place when you cannot show compassion for fear of being misunderstood..

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:46 pm

That's such bullshit, you're living in fear for no reason.

Not long ago I was out going for a walk when a girl fell off her tricycle near me and hurt herself. I dropped to one knee to see if she was OK, she got up crying and flung herself into my arms like I was her dad. I saw her mom coming, carried the girl over and handed her off, and got a smile and a thank-you and went on my way.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:48 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Not long ago I was out going for a walk when a girl fell off her tricycle near me and hurt herself. I dropped to one knee to see if she was OK, she got up crying and flung herself into my arms like I was her dad. I saw her mom coming, carried the girl over and handed her off, and got a smile and a thank-you and went on my way.

i think you are the exception rather than the rule... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:51 pm

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Maybe if you didn't treat sensational headlines and outlier stories as though they were the way of the world, you could relax a little.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Maybe if you didn't treat sensational headlines and outlier stories as though they were the way of the world, you could relax a little.

it has nothing to do with sensationalism, it has to do with the reality of the world..

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

it has nothing to do with sensationalism, it has to do with the reality of the world..

What information do you base this sense of reality upon? Have you read a story about how the vast majority of people who help hurt or lost children are branded pedophiles?

Or have you read a few stories about that happening and erroneously decided that's what usually happens?

I've said this before, but the news media doesn't work as a window to everyday life in most cases -- it highlights unusual and shocking instances. If something isn't unusual or out of the norm, it's probably not going to be reported in the media. Like the saying goes, "Dog bites man isn't news; man bites dog is news."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:58 pm

I'm sorry Ben, but you know nothing of the UK, as I've pointed out many times before.

edit: Cripes, how chavvy of me to put no instead of know!

Last edited by BigAndy9 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:00 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I'm sorry Ben, but you no nothing of the UK, as I've pointed out many times before.

very true...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:18 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I'm sorry Ben, but you no nothing of the UK, as I've pointed out many times before.

I don't think you know that much either. In fact, I think you see scary headlines and wet your silky little panties. You need to man up rather than being ruled by fear.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

I don't think you know that much either. In fact, I think you see scary headlines and wet your silky little panties. You need to man up rather than being ruled by fear.

..you got wetting his silk pants definitely right Ben  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:43 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

JD you've got something on your nose mate, wipe it quick....lol... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:45 pm

Joy Division wrote:

...not at all Favva, I've often had to tell folk in the past not to get too excited...the small puddles on the floor are always a give away Favva...

And your standing in one right now  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Joy Division wrote:

...not at all Favva, I've often had to tell folk in the past not to get too excited...the small puddles on the floor are always a give away Favva...

no really mate its huge and brown best sort it... Smile 

its embarrassing its getting harder and harder to tell where ben ends and you start...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Joy Division wrote:

no really mate its huge and brown best sort it... Smile 

its embarrassing its getting harder and harder to tell where ben ends and you start...lol

...Bless you Favva,but do forgive me as I have this image in my head of you at Sunday service sucking the Vicar's finger by ' accident' after accepting the holy bread  Laughing 

...I hope that is all your sucking Favva  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:29 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Thank your stars you live where you do - because the UK is now very different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:42 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

What information do you base this sense of reality upon? Have you read a story about how the vast majority of people who help hurt or lost children are branded pedophiles?

Or have you read a few stories about that happening and erroneously decided that's what usually happens?

I've said this before, but the news media doesn't work as a window to everyday life in most cases -- it highlights unusual and shocking instances. If something isn't unusual or out of the norm, it's probably not going to be reported in the media. Like the saying goes, "Dog bites man isn't news; man bites dog is news."

Its got nothing to do with the media directly as such - in the UK it has got to with parents teaching "stranger danger" to such a point that children believe any person they dont know is a criminal intent on kidnapping and hurting them - and I know that from personal experience.

A couple of years ago me and friends had a day trip to a popular seaside resort - a couple of them went to look in a shop and I waited outside in a pedestrianized street of shops. There was a young girl - maybe 6 - clearly separated from parents and looking for them. I approached her (I am female late 30s ordinary looking) and from a distance I asked if she was OK and could I help. She looked at me in terror and assured me she knew exactly what she was doing (which she clearly did not) and all I could do was point to a well known nationwide shop and tell her the staff were all part of a child safe scheme (which they were) and could be safely approached by her as she announced it was time for her to be somewhere and headed away at a determined pace far different from her worried wanderings minutes before - she was getting away from me because I was a stranger. I went and gave her description to shop staff then saw a parking officer and told her and she radioed it in. A few minutes later the little girl was bought safely back to the shop - where her parent had been as it happens - by a pcso alerted by the parking officers radio - and what I had thought all along was confirmed.

So in the UK the worry about approaching distressed children is not some media exaggerated fancy - it is straight up reality. If I had been a man that little girl would have run before I could ask if she was OK. If I had not seen the parking attendant god knows what could have happened because she was leaving the last place she saw her parent because a middle aged lady asked if she was lost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:05 pm

Well, why? Are child abductions more common in the U.K. than the U.S.? I doubt it.

Forget the nanny state -- to hear some of you tell it, the U.K. is turning into the "ninny state." Sounds like y'all are in some desperate need of common sense and adult supervision ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Believe me folks, it isn't just in the UK that people are now wary of helping others. Not so long ago I was in Berlin, an elderly lady collapsed on the pavement, did anyone help her? No, people just walked past and ignored her. I popped into a shop and asked them to phone for an ambulance, not knowing the number to call.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:09 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Well, why? Are child abductions more common in the U.K. than the U.S.? I doubt it.

Forget the nanny state -- to hear some of you tell it, the U.K. is turning into the "ninny state." Sounds like y'all are in some desperate need of common sense and adult supervision ...

No we are in need of getting rid of the supervision.

If I told you that I have recently seen social workers raise concern over some childrens welfare because they are not terrified of strangers would that help you understand?

Parents are supervised to an unbelievable level here - which makes for paranoid nervous jumpy parents, which makes for weak parenting, which makes for insecure children.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:11 pm

stardesk wrote:Believe me folks, it isn't just in the UK that people are now wary of helping others. Not so long ago I was in Berlin, an elderly lady collapsed on the pavement, did anyone help her? No, people just walked past and ignored her. I popped into a shop and asked them to phone for an ambulance, not knowing the number to call.

http://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news/journalnewsindex/8711226.Elderly_man_lies_in_street_for_four_hours_as_people_walk_by/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:11 pm

sphinx wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Well, why? Are child abductions more common in the U.K. than the U.S.? I doubt it.

If I told you that I have recently seen social workers raise concern over some childrens welfare because they are not terrified of strangers would that help you understand?

Parents are supervised to an unbelievable level here - which makes for paranoid nervous jumpy parents, which makes for weak parenting, which makes for insecure children.

I'm talking in the broader sense of letting this happen to your country and getting to the point where you're so unreasonably afraid that you end up putting the possible damage to your own reputation, or the legal complications you might find yourself in, over the welfare of a scared child.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:15 pm

hark at the big brave yank,you know fcuk all about Britain, and not much about anything else.An other non brit who knows all about our country,you and that prat beekeeper make a lovely pair.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:18 pm

nicko wrote:hark at the big brave yank,you know fcuk all about Britain, and not much about anything else.An other non brit who knows all about our country,you and that prat beekeeper make a lovely pair.

Bravery's got nothing to do with it, just having my head screwed on straight. If your country really does live in such a state of constant fear that you won't help a lost child, that is pretty much the very definition of "all fucked up."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:28 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
sphinx wrote:

I'm talking in the broader sense of letting this happen to your country and getting to the point where you're so unreasonably afraid that you end up putting the possible damage to your own reputation, or the legal complications you might find yourself in, over the welfare of a scared child.

Unfortunately there are cases where slow subtle creeping beats full frontal attack.

If someone had suggested this state of affairs as a whole 40 years ago everyone would have laughed - but a little bit at a time - "sensible suggestions" and it happens without people really thinking.

So what starts with "Is it really safe to let a child of 12 play out with their friends all day - wouldn't it be better to have them come home for Lunch" (at 12 I would leave home around 9 to call on any one of a half dozen friends whose houses were known locations and stay out till 5 when I had to be in for tea - and had a "territory" extending a couple of miles in most directions and 7 or 8 in some so an effective area of nearly 30 square miles) ends up with "any adult you dont know could be a "criminal" and therefore not safe"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:31 pm

Incidentally I have just scared myself with the area I covered - which I have checked on a map to be sure. OK I did not cover it all in any one day and visited some parts more often than others but the brutal fact was there were rather a lot of places that I would visit alone without friends where if anything had happened to me I would have been royally screwed. That includes everything from falling out of trees, to swimming in rivers, to crossing quiet country lanes to the centre of town and even that rarest of rarities meeting an actual predatory stranger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:22 am

sphinx wrote:Incidentally I have just scared myself with the area I covered - which I have checked on a map to be sure.  OK I did not cover it all in any one day and visited some parts more often than others but the brutal fact was there were rather a lot of places that I would visit alone without friends where if anything had happened to me I would have been royally screwed.  That includes everything from falling out of trees, to swimming in rivers, to crossing quiet country lanes to the centre of town and even that rarest of rarities meeting an actual predatory stranger.

ditto Sphinx....no wonder we are both wrecks.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down