NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.

5 posters

Go down

So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.  Empty So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:14 pm

So I'm sitting here thinking and digesting a bazillion (yes a bazillion) posts over the past few days. Why are there virtually no female shooters. Girls have the same access as boys to firearms. God knows they suffer from all sorts of teenage angst just like boys, with chemical changes that occur once a month thrown in for good measure. Operating a firearm doesn't require the additional strength found in boys. Why don't girls in the US feel the need to destroy lives in a demented, desperate attention seeking display of selfish stupidity?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.  Empty Re: So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.

Post by Syl Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Was it not a girl shooter who inspired the Boomtown Rats song "I don't like Mondays"?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.  Empty Re: So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:27 pm

Syl wrote:Was it not a girl shooter who inspired the Boomtown Rats song "I don't like Mondays"?

Don't know. I know their are females that commit murder, but it's rare compared to males.

I can't think of any female mass shooters.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:43 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:Was it not a girl shooter who inspired the Boomtown Rats song "I don't like Mondays"?

Don't know.  I know their are females that commit murder, but it's rare compared to males.

I can't think of any female mass shooters.

According to Geldof, he wrote the song after reading a telex report at Georgia State University's campus radio station, WRAS, on the shooting spree of 16-year-old Brenda Ann Spencer, who fired at children in a school playground at Grover Cleveland Elementary School in San Diego, California, US on 29 January 1979, killing two adults and injuring eight children and one police officer. Spencer showed no remorse for her crime and her full explanation for her actions was "I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day".[3] The song was first performed less than a month later.

From Wiki /\...Irish singer Bob Geldof was lead vocalist in the group The Boomtown rats.

I suppose females are less likely to do a mass shooting because they are not  slaves to testosterone.
They also talk more to unburden themselves, and are less likely to be loners.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:49 pm

Yes that song is based upon a girl who went and shot us her classmates but I think Maddog actually brings up a valid point. Female mass shooters are really rare.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:52 pm

I bet women who shoot anyone are in the minority compared to men.

Maybe the average woman isn't so fascinated with guns, or maybe they just have better tempers??
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:13 pm

It's probably evolution:

The easiest theory to digest is probably an evolutionary one: Males, over hundreds of thousands of years of development, have historically been rewarded for aggression. A tendency toward violence is seen in chimpanzees, humans' closest living primate relative. (Bonobos, humanity's other close primate family member, are far more peaceful.) Violence can beget status for males, both in chimps and in humans (just look at how many action heroes get the girl). And for males, a lack of status can mean missing out on the chance to mate.

Indeed, sexual frustration is a theme running through the writings of many male mass shooters, Lankford said. Many shooters leave manifestos explicitly detailing their hatred of women and of men who seemed to navigate relationships with women with ease.

"By contrast, I'm not aware of any female attackers, even though we have a small sample, I don't know that any of them complained about not being able to have sex," Lankford said.

https://www.livescience.com/53047-why-female-mass-shooters-are-rare.html

Evolution takes a long time; we still have a lot of hunter/soldier in us.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:17 pm

Evolution.
The answer to so many questions.
The topic of so many (heated) debates.

Bless you Cowboy. Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:19 pm

eddie wrote:Evolution.

Bless you Cowboy. Razz

Hey, I can't help it if it's the best explanation cheers So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.  4233679493 So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.  3852033631
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:25 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Bless you Cowboy. Razz

Hey, I can't help it if it's the best explanation cheers So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.  4233679493 So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.  3852033631

Dude, please. So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.  1942856362
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:27 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Bless you Cowboy. Razz

Dude, please. So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.  1942856362

No, YOU dude, please. So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.  2116117728
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:30 pm

Jeez. Okay, we will have debate #154 later. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:33 pm

eddie wrote:Jeez.  Okay, we will have debate #154 later. Rolling Eyes

About a half hour from now sound good? So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.  1681210668
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:37 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

About a half hour from now sound good? So I asked this question on my FB. May as well ask here too.  1681210668

Yeah, if you want your arse whipped. But... no guns, cos I’m a female and I’m bringing the topic back on topic cos I’m well on fleek.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Yeah, if you want your arse whipped. But... no guns, cos I’m a female and I’m bringing the topic back on topic cos I’m well on fleek.

How dare you, madam! I provide the most likely answer to our esteemed Maddog's question and you accuse me of taking the thread off topic?

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:52 pm

Okay the song is good and your answer wasn’t too shabby but I think Syl was right: we are just placid, calm and beautiful humans, us women. Razz

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:57 pm

eddie wrote:Okay the song is good and your answer wasn’t too shabby but I think Syl was right: we are just placid, calm and beautiful humans, us women.  Razz

Because of evolution

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:59 pm

Fuck you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:06 pm

eddie wrote:Fuck you.

Fuck you.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:11 pm

eddie wrote:Okay the song is good and your answer wasn’t too shabby but I think Syl was right: we are just placid, calm and beautiful humans, us women.  Razz

Woman are by far the more developed gender. Until it's time to throw a ball. Wink

But I'm pretty sure I understand the genetics and chemistry as to why boys are boys. But there is a paradox here. Males are actually murdering at lower rates than at any time in our country, yet these mass shootings are holding the same or increasing in frequency and definitely in lethality.

On my FB page, medications are being discussed. Americans are the most medicated people on the planet and I'm betting American teenage boys are the most medicated subset on the planet.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:06 pm

Medication is just not the answer.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:10 pm

Maddog wrote:So I'm sitting here thinking and digesting a bazillion (yes a bazillion) posts over the past few days.  Why are there virtually no female shooters.  Girls have the same access as boys to firearms. God knows they suffer from all sorts of teenage angst just like boys, with chemical changes that occur once a month thrown in for good measure.  Operating a firearm doesn't require the additional strength found in boys. Why don't girls in the US feel the need to destroy lives in a demented, desperate attention seeking display of selfish stupidity?

Women are just not as aggressive as men on the whole.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:06 am

Maddog wrote:So I'm sitting here thinking and digesting a bazillion (yes a bazillion) posts over the past few days.  Why are there virtually no female shooters.  Girls have the same access as boys to firearms. God knows they suffer from all sorts of teenage angst just like boys, with chemical changes that occur once a month thrown in for good measure.  Operating a firearm doesn't require the additional strength found in boys. Why don't girls in the US feel the need to destroy lives in a demented, desperate attention seeking display of selfish stupidity?

You could ask the same question based on many apsects of crime. For example serial killers. There is far less women. I think there is an easy explantion as to why there is, espcially around children being shot.

Maternal and biological instincts.

Females are not brought up that way and also that women have a natural view to a motherly instinct.

Its not sexist to say that, its just how society has forged people that way.

Lets face facts, how many females gangs are there?

It shows men through the ages have that been more drawn into crime

There are so many factors in play here what leads men into violence

Its a very interesting question you pose and I think its how society has engineered females and men, that we have always seen far more men as violent

I think the nurturing must play a factor here.

Men are hardened more by violence growing up, whether knowingly or unknowningly.

I think women can be the worst when it comes to dishing people and talking behind their backs, but they do try harder to talk rather than use violence to resolve issues.

I think this comes from parenting and how parents react to each gender when they disciplin them and teach them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:09 am

HoratioTarr wrote:

Women are just not as aggressive as men on the whole.  

No doubt. But I've seen some chicks throwing punches. But that doesn't really explain the uptick in the anti social behavior in boys.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:00 pm

Maybe some youths have nothing to fight for anymore...so they pick on their own.
Throughout history young men have fought wars, if they survive they are possibly too bogged down with the sights they have seen to make any more trouble.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:56 pm

Syl wrote:Maybe some youths have nothing to fight for anymore...so they pick on their own.
Throughout history young men have fought wars, if they survive they are possibly too bogged down with the sights they have seen to make any more trouble.

There is something to be said that boys don't have the same outlets as they used to. No way to "blow off steam" so to say, and the bottling of such feelings may be erupting into these explosions of rage.

It's interesting that almost all of these mass shooters are white, and typically not poor. While the minority community is no stranger to crime and violence the young males in that community don't seem to completely go off their rockers and shoot up a school.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down