NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Job interviews.....ever been asked an inappropriate question?

2 posters

Go down

Job interviews.....ever been asked an inappropriate question? Empty Job interviews.....ever been asked an inappropriate question?

Post by Syl Tue May 30, 2017 6:32 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39818120

Ever had a job interview that seemed to have nothing to do with your ability to do the job? It appears that plenty of people can answer "yes" to that question.

"Katherine Irvine was 37 when she went for a job as a recruitment consultant in Cornwall. She was shocked to find her interviewer was concerned that she was too old and wouldn't have the energy to do the role.
"It was a group interview and the interviewer commented that myself and one of the others were 'older'. There was a concern about us being able to work long hours."
She was then asked: "What do you think? Do you think you're too old?"

I like this one... Razz

"Mature student Kevin Helton told us: "The interviewer asked, 'You used to be in the Army, how many people have you killed?'
"My answer was, 'Depending on the outcome of this interview, the number might change.'"

I once went for a job as a bar person in a club, I was told the manager didn't think I was right for the job, when I asked why I was told I wasn't gay and it was a club with a high gay clientele....I was a bit put out, I get on great with gay people. Cool

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Job interviews.....ever been asked an inappropriate question? Empty Re: Job interviews.....ever been asked an inappropriate question?

Post by eddie Tue May 30, 2017 8:25 pm

I was asked, when I was barmaid, if I could wear 'smaller clothes'.
Not kidding.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Job interviews.....ever been asked an inappropriate question? Empty Re: Job interviews.....ever been asked an inappropriate question?

Post by Syl Wed May 31, 2017 12:11 pm

eddie wrote:I was asked, when I was barmaid, if I could wear 'smaller clothes'.
Not kidding.

Haha....well I can beat this, I was asked if I could wear NO clothes, on the top half anyway.
A new manager at a club I was working in decided to open up on Sundays with topless barmaids, (obviously this was back in the 70's) he brought girls in from another club and asked if I would also work, he would give me an extra bonus of...wait for it, £5 per session.
I told him to get lost, (though not so politely) booby shake
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down