NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry and Meghan name their second child after the Queen and Diana.

+4
Original Quill
Fred Moletrousers
Vintage
Syl
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Harry and Meghan name their second child after the Queen and Diana. Empty Harry and Meghan name their second child after the Queen and Diana.

Post by Syl Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:18 pm

A thoughtful touch.....or maybe it's a crafty gesture to get back in favour??

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have announced the birth of their baby daughter Lilibet “Lili” Diana Mountbatten-Windsor.

Harry and Meghan said Lilibet was born on Friday at 11.40am Santa Barbara, California, and is now “settling in at home”.

Lilibet is named after the Queen, her great-grandmother, and her middle name was chosen to honour Diana, Princess of Wales."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/royal-family/harry-and-meghan-announce-birth-of-daughter-lilibet-diana/ar-AAKLhcL
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Harry and Meghan name their second child after the Queen and Diana. Empty Re: Harry and Meghan name their second child after the Queen and Diana.

Post by Vintage Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:43 pm

Amazing how they can say all they have but carry on as if nothing has been said. Apparently Charles and HM are delighted, suppose they would be really.
Currying favour I would say.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Harry and Meghan name their second child after the Queen and Diana. Empty Re: Harry and Meghan name their second child after the Queen and Diana.

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:15 pm

I have reached the stage where I do not accept that anything this pair do is aimed at anything other than serving the interests of Brand Sussex Enterprises Inc.

“We need privacy from the wicked media...” they wailed on turning their backs on the Royal family......since when their publicists have been hawking them round radio and TV studios like a couple of C-list wannabe celebrities desperate for any interview (on their own terms and suitably grovelling and eulogising, of course) that the likes of the awful Winfrey deign to grant them.

I suppose the next thing will be that Her Grace the Duchess will whinge to anyone who will listen that baby Lilibet will not be afforded the title of Princess “because of concerns about the colour of her skin”, even though she should by now have got it into her head that this is not possible under U.K. laws of royal title and succession until the Queen dies and the child’s grandfather accedes to the throne.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:31 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:I have reached the stage where I do not accept that anything this pair do is aimed at anything other than serving the interests of Brand Sussex Enterprises Inc.

“We need privacy from the wicked media...” they wailed on turning their backs on the Royal family......since when their publicists have been hawking them round radio and TV studios like a couple of C-list wannabe celebrities desperate for any interview (on their own terms and suitably grovelling and eulogising, of course) that the likes of the awful Winfrey deign to grant them.

I suppose the next thing will be that Her Grace the Duchess will whinge to anyone who will listen that baby Lilibet will not be afforded the title of Princess “because of concerns about the colour of her skin”, even though she should by now have got it into her head that this is not possible under U.K. laws of royal title and succession until the Queen dies and the child’s  grandfather accedes to the throne.

I agree with everything you have said Fred.
Harry has turned into a self serving inward looking whinger....and maybe Meghan has always been a social climber who caught her prize and has done nothing but try (and succeed) to change everything about him and his lifestyle since they met.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:34 pm

Vintage wrote:Amazing how they can say all they have but carry on as if nothing has been said. Apparently Charles and HM are delighted, suppose they would be really.
Currying favour I would say.

I would agree....it may work too.
There is nothing like a new baby to heal rifts, so if that's done genuinely...brilliant.
If there is an ulterior motive....very conniving.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:29 pm

Syl wrote:A thoughtful touch.....or maybe it's a crafty gesture to get back in favour??

Why? They are Americans now, and not intending to look back over the shoulder. They tried living in the UK...too many complications.

Santa Barbara, CA is a beautiful, oceanside village, with Pacific surf, vineyards and gorgeous weather. It's close to LA—the bustling entertainment capital of the world—and yet sheltered, quiet and peaceful. Life is perfect for them.

Put it in the past.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:02 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:A thoughtful touch.....or maybe it's a crafty gesture to get back in favour??

Why?  They are Americans now, and not intending to look back over the shoulder.  They tried living in the UK...too many complications.

Santa Barbara, CA is a beautiful, oceanside village, with Pacific surf, vineyards and gorgeous weather.  It's close to LA—the bustling entertainment capital of the world—and yet sheltered, quiet and peaceful.  Life is perfect for them.

Put it in the past.

If life was perfect they would be happy. Harry and Meghan name their second child after the Queen and Diana. 2190311264

Happy people are not forever bringing up the past and blaming others for their problems.

By the way....Harry isn't American, he is English.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Why?  They are Americans now, and not intending to look back over the shoulder.  They tried living in the UK...too many complications.

Santa Barbara, CA is a beautiful, oceanside village, with Pacific surf, vineyards and gorgeous weather.  It's close to LA—the bustling entertainment capital of the world—and yet sheltered, quiet and peaceful.  Life is perfect for them.

Put it in the past.

If life was perfect they would be happy. Harry and Meghan name their second child after the Queen and Diana. 2190311264

Happy people are not forever bringing up the past and blaming others for their problems.

He's American now.  All that Britishness up and left, right out from under him.  (Besides...they're not even English, they're German, fcs.  Laughing )

I suspect that the couple could go on with their life, completely blissful, except that the needful press, greedy for profits, keeps putting them in the spotlight and pestering them with questions.  In America, it's all forgettaboutit!

They're a sophisticated family, in a sophisticated community, with a bright future.  Put away all the British glitz and pretty red uniforms, and let them enjoy their uneventful, normal American life.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

He's American now.  All that Britishness up and left, right out from under him.  (Besides...they're not even English, they're German, fcs.  Laughing )

I suspect that the couple could go on with their life, completely blissful, except that the needful press, greedy for profits, keeps putting them in the spotlight and pestering them with questions.  In America, it's all forgettaboutit!

They're a sophisticated family, in a sophisticated community, with a bright future.  Put away all the British glitz and pretty red uniforms, and let them enjoy their uneventful, normal American life.

They seek out the press. They embrace the attention. If people really want to fly under the radar, they can.

Me Again amd her husband want nothing of the sort.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Like it or not Quill, Harry is English. We are all a mix of different genes, but ultimately, if you are born in England and your parents are an English prince and an English rose....that would make one English. As far as I (and you) know, Harry doesn't want to give up his heritage....why on earth would he? Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:42 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Like it or not Quill, Harry is English. We are all a mix of different genes, but ultimately, if you are born in England and your parents are an English prince and an English rose....that would make one English. As far as I (and you) know, Harry doesn't want to give up his heritage....why on earth would he? Wink

He's a legal resident alien. He's not an American until he takes that oath, which he will never do.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:44 pm

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America."

Harry will never take this oath, and therefore never be an American.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:52 pm

He wont take any oath....he has too much to lose, in spite of his whinging.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:58 pm

Syl wrote:He wont take any oath....he has too much to lose, in spite of his whinging.

Exactly. He will remain a British subject, living in the US, until Me Again dumps him.

Then he will go back to the UK and play in a castle that someone let's him crash in.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:12 pm

Syl wrote:He wont take any oath....he has too much to lose, in spite of his whinging.

Both the US and the UK allow dual citizenship and US citizens who are granted British Citizenship will automatically have their dual citizenship status recognized in both countries. So, oaths are irrelevant.

I do think, for reasons of probity, that Harry won't test the issue. He is more than a British citizen; he is royalty. But, why should he? He is quite well settled where he is.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:19 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Both the US and the UK allow dual citizenship and US citizens who are granted British Citizenship will automatically have their dual citizenship status recognized in both countries. So, oaths are irrelevant.

I do think, for reasons of probity, that Harry won't test the issue.  He is more than a British citizen; he is royalty.  But, why should he?  He is quite well settled where he is.

They allow for dual citizenship if he applies after 5 years, and takes the oath upon approval. No doubt people don't take the oak seriously. But Harry isn't normal people. He was born to royalty. He will die a British citizen.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:33 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I do think, for reasons of probity, that Harry won't test the issue.  He is more than a British citizen; he is royalty.  But, why should he?  He is quite well settled where he is.

They allow for dual citizenship if he applies after 5 years, and takes the oath upon approval. No doubt people don't take the oak seriously. But Harry isn't normal people. He was born to royalty. He will die a British citizen.

Which is why I don't think he will test those waters.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:14 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Which in turn means he will never be American.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:41 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well...that is a foregone conclusion.  Given that he is the legal son of a future British king, to go for American citizenship would create the wrong kind of noise in the world press.

But, on the other hand, you never know what fate will deliver.  It could be that the royals will push him out.  Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Of course he wont, but you were the only one here who brought it up. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:30 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Well...that is a foregone conclusion.  Given that he is the legal son of a future British king, to go for American citizenship would create the wrong kind of noise in the world press.

But, on the other hand, you never know what fate will deliver.  It could be that the royals will push him out.  Wink

Quill wrote:He's American now. All that Britishness up and left, right out from under him.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:46 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Quill wrote:He's American now.  All that Britishness up and left, right out from under him.

Exactly!  He's American in spirit and soul, now, but for a royal to apply for US citizenship would be a bridge too far.  In other words, it would be overreach, signaling abject rejection of not only his family and those with whom he was raised, but his British heritage.  It would elevate personal and familial differences, to difference of geopolitical proportions...and I don't think that anyone intends that.

But notice: I left open the possibility that it may not be up to Harry.  The royal family may do the 'overreach' for him, and even create a rift in the British public.  That would propel a mere family feud into the stratosphere.  If the royals are smart, they won't go there...but Charles, um, he can be a loose canon.  Stay tuned to this issue...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Exactly!  He's American in spirit and soul, now, but for a royal to apply for US citizenship would be a bridge too far.  In other words, it would be overreach, signaling abject rejection of not only his family and those with whom he was raised, but his British heritage.  It would elevate personal and familial differences, to difference of geopolitical proportions...and I don't think that anyone intends that.

But notice: I left open the possibility that it may not be up to Harry.  The royal family may do the 'overreach' for him, and even create a rift in the British public.  That would propel a mere family feud into the stratosphere.  If the royals are smart, they won't go there...but Charles, um, he can be a loose canon.  Stay tuned to this issue...

Don't be daft Quill. Harry has created the rift, egged on by his wife.
The senior royals will do as they have always done...keep schtum.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:59 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Exactly!  He's American in spirit and soul, now, but for a royal to apply for US citizenship would be a bridge too far.  In other words, it would be overreach, signaling abject rejection of not only his family and those with whom he was raised, but his British heritage.  It would elevate personal and familial differences, to difference of geopolitical proportions...and I don't think that anyone intends that.

Don't be daft Quill. Harry has created the rift, egged on by his wife.
The senior royals will do as they have always done...keep schtum.

I disagree, but I don't care enough about the issue to argue blame. The fact is, there is a rift, and it is what it is.

But it would be foolish for either party to provoke the other to the point of a permanent tear in the fabric of the monarchy. And frankly, I don't trust Charles to the point of being confident he won't step into that pile of dogshit, either intentionally or inadvertently. He has impulse issues, and he's not the brightest candle in the sconce.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

He's not an American.

He's a legal resident alien.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:01 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Exactly!  He's American in spirit and soul, now, but for a royal to apply for US citizenship would be a bridge too far.  In other words, it would be overreach, signaling abject rejection of not only his family and those with whom he was raised, but his British heritage.  It would elevate personal and familial differences, to difference of geopolitical proportions...and I don't think that anyone intends that.

He's not an American.  

You missed the point. Go back and read...for content this time.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

He's not an American.  

You missed the point.  Go back and read...for content this time.

No, you missed the definition of American in 3rd grade.

You were blabbering as usual, got called out for not thinking things through and are now trying to squirm out of your comment without admitting you were wrong.

It's what you do.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:48 am

Original Quill wrote:

You make it sound as though any old American can go live in the UK, and any old Brit can go live in America. We all know that isn't so.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:49 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

They are a pair of mules in horse harness.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:00 pm

So, all the furore now focused on Ginge and MeMe stating they 'told' the Queen that their child would be called Lilibet, and that consultations took place. Palace officials refute that.

Ginge and MeMe have known about the sex of their child for some time. What do most people who have known the sex of their child for some time do? They think up names and choose one well before that kid comes into the world.

All that ranting about how racist the royals are, how the bad parenting of the Queen and Prince Charles caused so much genetic pain for Ginge? Why the hell would you name your kid after any of them? Why...seeing as MeMe is steeped in the righteous bouillabaisse of BLM...didn't she honour her own mother by naming the child Doria? Diana Doria? Doria Diana? But no...they've gone for maximum longevity here. Lilibet will enable them to squeeze every last drop out of the tiny bit of royal status Ginge still has.

And just in case we've all missed the point, they've licensed the name and created a domain for future 'milking'.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Vintage likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:12 pm

They could have called her Georgina Floydina...

lol!

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/telegraph-columnist-fired-for-tweeting-harry-and-meghan-shouldve-name-baby-georgina-floydina_uk_60c088eee4b0e6bab7a239d7

And a lawyer has been suspended from work for daring to tweet the suggestion that they could have named the child 'Doprah'...

Who are these over sensitive numpties who are making these sort of decisions to sack and suspended people from their jobs just for tweeting a joke!?

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:00 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You make it sound as though any old American can go live in the UK, and any old Brit can go live in America.   We all know that isn't so.

I did it. It wasn't difficult...sign a few papers, and off you go.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:03 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Maddog wrote:

They are a pair of mules in horse harness.

I understand how you feel. That sentiment is precisely why Meg and Harry took up residence in Santa Barbara. See? It's a good thing.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

You make it sound as though any old American can go live in the UK, and any old Brit can go live in America.   We all know that isn't so.

I did it.  It wasn't difficult...sign a few papers, and off you go.

There are people waiting years to live in the US, and you know it. Getting a temporary work or student visa doesn't count.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:23 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I think Ben may refute that Quill.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:24 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:So, all the furore now focused on Ginge and MeMe stating they 'told' the Queen that their child would be called Lilibet, and that consultations took place.   Palace officials refute that.  

Ginge and MeMe have known about the sex of their child for some time.  What do most people who have known the sex of their child for some time do?  They think up names and choose one well before that kid comes into the world.  

They live in America now, and Lilibet is a citizen of the US.  In the US, you can name your child anything you want.  I think it's good choice: a little American cute and casual, while still acknowledging the paternal side.  Hey...she's American, butt out.   Razz

HoratioTarr wrote:All that ranting about how racist the royals are, how the bad parenting of the Queen and Prince Charles caused so much genetic pain for Ginge?   Why the hell would you name your kid after any of them?

Why?  Perhaps they are bending over backwards to be considerate...reaching out...going the extra mile.  The Santa Barbara Mountbatten-Windsor's want only peace and tranquility in the family.  I think it shows that all the hostilities are coming from the far side, and Meg and Harry are as accommodating as they are happy.

HoratioTarr wrote:Why...seeing as MeMe is steeped in the righteous bouillabaisse of BLM...didn't she honour her own mother by naming the child Doria?   Diana Doria?   Doria Diana?  But no...they've gone for maximum longevity here.  Lilibet will enable them to squeeze every last drop out of the tiny bit of royal status Ginge still has.

I think it's quite clever, acknowledging both sides: a jazzy American contraction, while incorporating the paternal side.

HoratioTarr wrote:And just in case we've all missed the point,  they've licensed the name and created a domain for future 'milking'.

Consider it, providing for your children.  Laughing

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:27 pm

Lilibet was an affectionate nickname, only used by those closest to the queen.

If the queen was not consulted about the use of her special name, I think they have a cheek using it. snobby

Diana Doria sounds better anyway.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Vintage likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:34 pm

Syl wrote:Lilibet was an affectionate nickname, only used by those closest to the queen.

If the queen was not consulted about the use of her special name, I think they have a cheek using it. snobby

The child is American. America is a free country. She can use any name she wants.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:53 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

They could have called her Georgina Floydina...

lol!

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/telegraph-columnist-fired-for-tweeting-harry-and-meghan-shouldve-name-baby-georgina-floydina_uk_60c088eee4b0e6bab7a239d7

And a lawyer has been suspended from work for daring to tweet the suggestion that they could have named the child 'Doprah'...

Who are these over sensitive numpties who are making these sort of decisions to sack and suspended people from their jobs just for tweeting a joke!?

Anyone seen these stories?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Who are these over sensitive numpties who are making these sort of decisions to sack and suspended people from their jobs just for tweeting a joke!?

Haha...and here you are, posting this on a thread venting complaints of over-sensitive numpties, over slighting of irrelevant, 18th-century royals.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Lilibet was an affectionate nickname, only used by those closest to the queen.

The child is American.  America is a free country.  She can use any name she wants.

I was talking more of morality than legality. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:45 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The child is American.  America is a free country.  She can use any name she wants.

I don't think Americans share the same moral reverence for the yesteryear-rulers of Great Britain, and even of ourselves.  It's great from an historical standpoint, and I admire them from that standpoint, but today's reality is the perspective-of-the-day here in America.

I don't mean to slight the royals, but the treatment of Meg and Harry shows up the difference between the US and the UK.  Here they are a delightful family, growing and thriving in a lovely community, undeserving of the harsh judgments, from meaningless (to us) codes and standards.

They say, in America everyone should get a fair chance...America will give them their chance.  If the royals want to visit their grandkids, we'll have a spare bedroom for them. We are down-to-earth folks over here.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

I don't think Americans share the same moral reverence for the yesteryear-rulers of Great Britain, and even of ourselves.  It's great from an historical standpoint, and I admire them from that standpoint, but today's reality is the perspective-of-the-day here in America.

I don't mean to slight the royals, but the treatment of Meg and Harry shows up the difference between the US and the UK.  Here they are a delightful family, growing and thriving in a lovely community, undeserving of the harsh judgments, from meaningless (to us) codes and standards.

They say, in America everyone should get a fair chance...America will give them their chance.  If the royals want to visit their grandkids, we'll have a spare bedroom for them.

If they simply wanted to move out and away, they had the blessings of the royal family to do just that.
The problems really started when they both decided to start publicly bad-mouthing everything about the royals....which is Harry's family when all said and done.
Maybe continuous self-pity and washing dirty linen in public is more acceptable in the US than in England....after all Meghan's family have been doing that for years, pretty classless for Harry to do the same though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:18 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I don't think Americans share the same moral reverence for the yesteryear-rulers of Great Britain, and even of ourselves. It's great from an historical standpoint, and I admire them from that standpoint, but today's reality is the perspective-of-the-day here in America.

I don't mean to slight the royals, but the treatment of Meg and Harry shows up the difference between the US and the UK. Here they are a delightful family, growing and thriving in a lovely community, undeserving of the harsh judgments, from meaningless (to us) codes and standards.

They say, in America everyone should get a fair chance...America will give them their chance. If the royals want to visit their grandkids, we'll have a spare bedroom for them.

If they simply wanted to move out and away, they had the blessings of the royal family to do just that.
The problems really started when they both decided to start publicly bad-mouthing everything about the royals....which is Harry's family when all said and done.
Maybe continuous self-pity and washing dirty linen in public is more acceptable in the US than in England....after all Meghan's family have been doing that for years, pretty classless for Harry to do the same though.

I don't think it is so much bad-mouthing, as it is bad-hearing. The British press is out to make money by printing inflammatory words that everyone wants to read. A good drama attracts attention, and what better subject than a high-society, wealthy, royal family.

If you want to talk about standards, Charles should not have been screwing around on Diana. They should have bound together their family with love and mutual support. This is one of those lessons: you reap what you sow.

Because Charles didn't teach his sons family-bonding and mutual respect, it comes back to him in this fashion. He created a loose-knit family, now he's got a loose-knit family. This is what happens in loose-knit families...they look elsewhere for their affection and support.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

I don't think it is so much bad-mouthing, as it is bad-hearing.  The British press is out to make money by printing inflammatory words that everyone wants to read.  A good drama attracts attention, and what better subject than a high-society, wealthy, royal family.

If you want to talk about standards, Charles should not have been screwing around on Diana.  They should have bound together their family with love and mutual support.  This is one of those lessons: you reap what you sow.  

Because Charles didn't teach his sons family-bonding and mutual respect, it comes back to him in this fashion.  He created a loose-knit family, now he's got a loose-knit family.  This is what happens in loose-knit families...they look elsewhere for their affection and support.

Sounds like you were there when it all went down. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

America to UK? Perhaps you can give Ben a few tips.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

They say, in America everyone should get a fair chance...America will give them their chance.  If the royals want to visit their grandkids, we'll have a spare bedroom for them.  We are down-to-earth folks over here.

Didn't the Americans get their knickers in a twist over that First Amendment speech of Harry's?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:53 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

America to UK?   Perhaps you can give Ben a few tips.

Yes, exactly.  Actually, Ben fared quite well, compared to other countries.  That was because of the close relationship between the UK and US.

Any uphill climb can evoke complaints, but until you've tried to enter some other countries, and encountered those challenges, you are simply speaking from one climb and comparing it to how easy it was cruising along in the US.

Ben's issue was he didn't have money or sponsorship (with resources)...still, he made it, didn't he?  cheers

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:58 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

They say, in America everyone should get a fair chance...America will give them their chance.  If the royals want to visit their grandkids, we'll have a spare bedroom for them.  We are down-to-earth folks over here.

Didn't the Americans get their knickers in a twist over that First  Amendment speech of Harry's?

Do you have a link?  The "bonkers" comment was just a one-off, and he admitted he didn't know anything about the First Amendment.  He's just viewing it from the perspective of a simplistic, unaffected individual, caught in the cross-hairs of celebrity.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:10 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Didn't the Americans get their knickers in a twist over that First  Amendment speech of Harry's?

We just laughed at the silly foreigner.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next