NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The lunatics are taking over

5 posters

Go down

The lunatics are taking over Empty The lunatics are taking over

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:55 am

DOZENS of armed cops and officers in riot gear were last night pelted with missiles by a raging mob after being called to reports a man had been shot and stabbed in Brixton.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15149254/armed-police-riot-gear-missiles-stabbed-brixton/

A man in his mid-20s was found suffering stab wounds and gunshot injuries and he was rushed to a South London hospital but his condition is unknown.

The Metropolitan Police confirmed officers were approached by a large group and missiles were thrown at them.

Dramatic pictures taken last night showed a huge line of officers wearing riot gear while another image shows a smashed police van window after objects were hurled in its direction.

Officers shut roads in the area and a crime scene remains in place this morning.

Cops today confirmed a 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in police custody.

Just hours after the Brixton incident, cops were called to Rosendale Road in West Dulwich following reports of another stabbing.

A man was found with stab wounds and was rushed to hospital just before 11pm.
NIGHT OF BLOODSHED

It is not known if the two incidents are linked.

And in West London, cops said another man was injured after he was attacked by a group of males who struck him with a bottle in Caxton Road, Shepherd's Bush, last night.

Witnesses said officers were attacked by members of the public at the scene.

It comes as Britain is in the grips of an explosion of violence as the recent heatwave and relaxation of lockdown sparks a "perfect storm" of horrific stabbings and attacks.

Tempers have boiled over after Brits spent months in lockdown - with the delayed summer heat seeing a string of assaults unfold in days.

On Tuesday night, shocking footage showed the moment a man was beaten and stabbed by a gang armed with foot-long knives in front of horrified crowds in London’s Hyde Park.

It was the fifth violent incident in four days across the capital...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The lunatics are taking over Empty Re: The lunatics are taking over

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:30 pm

The reason things are getting so out of control is that police are too busy doing things like this...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2288329/Community-slams-police-hanging-knitted-pom-poms-trees-help-reduce-fear-crime.html

Instead of clamping down on the dangerous criminals!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:52 pm

When government tries to micromanage lives, it ends up doing a bad job of the small number of things it actually should be doing, like stopping violence between citizens.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:21 pm

Hahahaha, the police are still doing what they've always done -- there just aren't enough of them over here, for some mystifying reason. I can go days without seeing a police vehicle -- as you know, Maddog, in Fort Worth that doesn't happen, unless you spend the day indoors.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:25 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Hahahaha, the police are still doing what they've always done -- there just aren't enough of them over here, for some mystifying reason. I can go days without seeing a police vehicle -- as you know, Maddog, in Fort Worth that doesn't happen, unless you spend the day indoors.

There's enough to hang shit in a tree.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:36 pm

Well, there isn't nearly as much crime over here either, so yeah -- trying to build relations with the community is a good thing for police to do. Even if it's sometimes awkward and a bit laughable. The Fort Worth police are great about that sort of thing.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:38 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Well, there isn't nearly as much crime over here either, so yeah -- trying to build relations with the community is a good thing for police to do. Even if it's sometimes awkward and a bit laughable. The Fort Worth police are great about that sort of thing.

Who says there isn't as much crime in the UK? I've never seen statistics stating that.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:21 pm

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Well, there isn't nearly as much crime over here either, so yeah -- trying to build relations with the community is a good thing for police to do. Even if it's sometimes awkward and a bit laughable. The Fort Worth police are great about that sort of thing.

Who says there isn't as much crime in the UK? I've never seen statistics stating that.

UK crime rate listed as 62/115
Crime index: 41.20
Safety index: 58.80

US crime rate listed as 35/115
Crime index: 49.58
Safety index: 50.42

Danger Rankings

UK Danger rank: 37/160
76.6 Safety index

US Danger rank: 55/160
67.6 Safety index

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:45 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

UK crime rate listed as 62/115
Crime index: 41.20
Safety index: 58.80

US crime rate listed as 35/115
Crime index: 49.58
Safety index: 50.42

Danger Rankings

UK Danger rank: 37/160
76.6 Safety index

US Danger rank: 55/160
67.6 Safety index

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp

56th vs 65th overall. They are about the same.

I've always read that we have more murders, violent crime is about the same and non violent crime is more common in the UK.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:30 pm

I live here, I've lived in the U.S., and I can tell the difference. You have huge splashy headlines about someone getting stabbed at a grocery store over here -- usually, they didn't even die.

In the U.S., that's not very big news. The public reaction shows you how common crime is in the U.S. compared to the UK.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:35 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I live here, I've lived in the U.S., and I can tell the difference. You have huge splashy headlines about someone getting stabbed at a grocery store over here -- usually, they didn't even die.

In the U.S., that's not very big news. The public reaction shows you how common crime is in the U.S. compared to the UK.

Well the Us is vastly bigger than the uk Ben

So crimes will always be viewed through a lens locally. Whereas this may not be the case in the us

Anyway thought you might enjoy this:

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:35 am

Thanks, Didge, I'll definitely have a look soon -- I love stuff like that Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:25 pm

Didge wrote:Well the Us is vastly bigger than the uk Ben

That doesn't really matter.  Most crime is reported by local newspapers, and it's the local reaction that counts.

The nationwide press - USA Today, or The Wall Street Journal - tend to report on per capita crime rates, not individual events.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:47 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I live here, I've lived in the U.S., and I can tell the difference. You have huge splashy headlines about someone getting stabbed at a grocery store over here -- usually, they didn't even die.

Media reports are a terrible way to derive statistics.

Your earlier links were far better and show that there is very little difference in crime between the two countries.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down