NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coca cola training program says "be less white"

+4
gelico
Maddog
Syl
Tommy Monk
8 posters

Go down

Coca cola training program says "be less white" Empty Coca cola training program says "be less white"

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:38 am

COCA-COLA employees were told in an online training to "try to be less white" in an effort to combat racism discrimination.

Photos of Coca-Cola's online training seminar were shared on social media this week, showing slides that featured tips on how "to be less white," including being "less ignorant," and "less oppressive."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14120009/coca-cola-racism-training-staff-to-be-less-white/

More anti white racism!

Oh dear!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Coca cola training program says "be less white" Empty Re: Coca cola training program says "be less white"

Post by Syl Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:39 pm

If it's true that Coca Cola have approved using this for online training, of course it's divisive and racist.
It's creating trouble not healing it.
SOME white people are some or all of the below, SOME black people are too, All this can do is to cause more discrimination and racial mistrust than already exists in the world.

Coca cola training program says "be less white" Nintch12
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Coca cola training program says "be less white" Empty Re: Coca cola training program says "be less white"

Post by Maddog Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:39 pm

Syl wrote:If it's true that Coca Cola have approved using this for online training, of course it's divisive and racist.
It's creating trouble not healing it.
SOME white people are some or all of the below, SOME black people are too, All this can do is to cause more discrimination and racial mistrust than already exists in the world.

Coca cola training program says "be less white" Nintch12

It's all a big joke now. I roll my eyes so much anymore I'm afraid they might fall out of me head.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:56 pm

Coca cola training program says "be less white" Fb_im158
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

eddie and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:25 pm

Maddog wrote:Coca cola training program says "be less white" Fb_im158

lol!

I didn't drink the sickly sweet stuff anyway. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:25 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:Coca cola training program says "be less white" Fb_im158

lol!

I didn't drink the sickly sweet stuff anyway. snobby

I drink about one every 6 months. But only Mexican cokes in a bottle at mom and pop taco places. It's made with real sugar instead of corn syrup. Even then, I get my sugar fix for months after one.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:38 pm

It's hard for me as it's winter and the salons are shut

once spring and summer gets here I guarantee I shall be out in the garden everyday trying to be less white.

glad to do what I can to help

Cool

gelico
Forum Detective

Syl and Maddog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:12 pm

gelico wrote:

once spring and summer gets here I guarantee I shall be out in the garden everyday trying to be less white.

Cool

Hahaha....I am probably less white than most without actually not being not white, if you get my drift.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

COCA-COLA employees were told in an online training to "try to be less white" in an effort to combat racism discrimination.

Photos of Coca-Cola's online training seminar were shared on social media this week, showing slides that featured tips on how "to be less white," including being "less ignorant," and "less oppressive."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14120009/coca-cola-racism-training-staff-to-be-less-white/

More anti white racism!

Oh dear!

If I was on that course, I'd be like....Coco Cola! Change the colour of your vile brew from brown to clear because as it stands it's just not reflecting what you're preaching. It should be no colour at all if you'd "like to build the world a home and furnish it with love. Grow apple trees and honey bees and culturally diverse gender free turtle doves..."
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:27 pm

Some funny comments on here!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:40 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

Cool

Hahaha....I am probably less white than most without actually not being not white, if you get my drift.

I'm sorta malted milk myself. Coca cola training program says "be less white" Screen33
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:47 pm

My natural default is more Pecan Sandie. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:56 am

Syl wrote:My natural default is more Pecan Sandie. Razz

Coca cola training program says "be less white" Shawn-10

You and I are probably darker than Shaun King, which is why some of his detractors call him Talcum X. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:20 pm

He is far too white, no wonder he is disliked. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:20 pm

It's hard to imagine why they thought they had to categorize all those traits as being white traits; surely they must have had someone who realized that when this was made public, there'd be an uproar.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:23 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:It's hard to imagine why they thought they had to categorize all those traits as being white traits; surely they must have had someone who realized that when this was made public, there'd be an uproar.

Why?

This nonsense happens daily.  

Its a god damn industry now.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:31 pm

Their new motto should be "Coke is Woke".

Isn't that what we want while we all signal our virtue?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:41 pm

Coca cola training program says "be less white" Fb_im159
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:15 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:It's hard to imagine why they thought they had to categorize all those traits as being white traits; surely they must have had someone who realized that when this was made public, there'd be an uproar.

this is what happens when people don't speak out against such insanity and hatred. It gets dismissed as 'just a few nutters/extremists', then it starts taking a foothold and ends up becoming the norm.

As Maddog said, this isn't something new, it's been happening for years

i'm sure you are well aware of that

gelico
Forum Detective

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:37 pm

gelico wrote:

this is what happens when people don't speak out against such insanity and hatred. It gets dismissed as 'just a few nutters/extremists', then it starts taking a foothold and ends up becoming the norm.

The prominent German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer is accredited with analyzing reaction to true statements and ideas. They are often not recognized initially; instead, the process of acceptance is long and circuitous. His construct highlights three stages for the recognition of truth:

1. Ridicule
2. Violent opposition
3. Acceptance as self-evident

Arthur Schopenhauer. The World as Will and Representation (1818).

I gather this assures that statements go through a test or challenge, before becoming accepted.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

this is what happens when people don't speak out against such insanity and hatred.  It gets dismissed as 'just a few nutters/extremists', then it starts  taking a foothold and ends up becoming the norm.

The prominent German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer is accredited with analyzing reaction to true statements and ideas.  They are often not recognized initially; instead, the process of acceptance is long and circuitous. His construct highlights three stages for the recognition of truth:

1. Ridicule
2. Violent opposition

I gather this assures that statements go through a test or challenge, before becoming accepted.

I'm perpetually stuck on #1 with your comments.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:37 pm

gelico wrote:

this is what happens when people don't speak out against such insanity and hatred.  It gets dismissed as 'just a few nutters/extremists', then it starts  taking a foothold and ends up becoming the norm.

As Maddog said, this isn't something new, it's been happening for years

i'm sure you are well aware of that

This pandering nonsense is just part of life now.

I could post a half dozen similar stories every day.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:31 pm

I cannot abide this sort of shite. It really pisses me off.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

HoratioTarr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:52 pm

eddie wrote:I cannot abide this sort of shite. It really pisses me off.

Well, you're white. That's your problem.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:56 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:I cannot abide this sort of shite. It really pisses me off.

I won’t celebrate it. Just in case.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:57 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Let's hope not. That would be another way of celebrating being an oppressor.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:07 am

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

i should think not. That would make you a white supremacist

this shit means nothing to me tbh

if anyone starts harking on to me about my ''white privilege'' i shall immediately identify as being black

that should put a sock in it

job done

Cool

gelico
Forum Detective

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:25 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The prominent German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer is accredited with analyzing reaction to true statements and ideas.  They are often not recognized initially; instead, the process of acceptance is long and circuitous. His construct highlights three stages for the recognition of truth:

1. Ridicule
2. Violent opposition

I know. I can read.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:55 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I know.  I can read.

Too bad you rarely employ that skill.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:21 pm

People should be encouraged from childhood to have respect for what they are, if you don't respect yourself how can you respect others.

I applaud the people who walked out, Hopefully it wasn't only the white people that made a stand. That message is insulting to everyone.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:41 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I know.  I can read.

Kinda like you and thinking. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:42 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Kinda like you and thinking.  Wink

Hur dur.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

1. Ridicule
2. Violent opposition

''“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”''

Joseph Goebbels

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:57 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

1. Ridicule
2. Violent opposition

''“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”''

Joseph Goebbels

I, too, thought of Goebbels in the context of this issue.  I suppose that is the reason that society uses the ridicule/opposition/acceptance trilogy.  It's a filtration device, to make sure that an idea is well-tested...and only the valid get through, the invalid gets rejected.

If you're into deeper thought on the subject—and your recognition of the underlying concepts seems to indicate you are—look into, also, Alexis de Tocqueville, and his theory of “The Tyranny of the Majority”, in Chapters 15 & 16, of his Democracy in America (1834).  https://www.gutenberg.org/files/815/815-h/815-h.htm  He laments that in a period of democracy and 'rule-of-the-people', newer/original thoughts have a more difficult time penetrating into recognition and acceptance.

For this reason, modern philosopher (deceased) Herbert Marcuse has gone to the opposite wall, and proposed repressive tolerance…a kind of tamping down of old, hackneyed ideas, so that new ideas have an equal, competing chance in belief systems.  See, A Critique of Pure Tolerance (1965), Essay "Repressive Tolerance," with additional essays by Robert Paul Wolff and Barrington Moore Jr.  See also: One-Dimensional Man: Studies in the Ideology of Advanced Industrial Society (1964); see generally, Reason and Revolution: Hegel and the Rise of Social Theory (1941).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:21 am

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

1. Ridicule
2. Violent opposition

Joseph Goebbels

Also, read my sig quotes below...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:07 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

I'm sorta malted milk myself.  Coca cola training program says "be less white" Screen33

I have Iraqi blood way back in the ancestry. I go very brown in the sun but I have green eyes. I went on holiday to Ibiza once for two weeks and when I knocked on my mum's door she opened it and didn't recognise me. She said I looked like a Paki.....I was like...Mum, that's so not PC....
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Tommy Monk and Maddog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:35 pm

Folks are now referring to it as Woka Cola. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Tommy Monk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:58 pm

Works cola... Very good!

And, "talcom X"...

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down