NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump is DENIED!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trump is DENIED! Empty Trump is DENIED!

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:20 pm

(ORDER LIST: 592 U.S.)

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2020

ORDER IN PENDING CASE

20A98 KELLY, MIKE, ET AL. V. PENNSYLVANIA, ET AL.

The application for injunctive relief presented to Justice Alito and by him referred to the Court is denied.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Trump is DENIED! Empty Re: Trump is DENIED!

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:03 am

This is the order in the Pennsylvania case, before the United States Supreme Court. There will be others, suing other states. The State of Texas is suing all the states that have upheld the election of Biden.

But this language is not only about the biggest of the states putting Biden over the top, but it is direct and surprisingly sparse. The Justices are unanimous, as there is no dissenting voice. As such, it allows for no exceptions, or variations of any kind. You can expect the same answer from the Supreme Court in all other cases.

So much for the legal path. The Supreme Court is saying no the fook way…you’re not sucking me into this mess!
Evil or Very Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:42 am

Are you surprised?

None of this is going anywhere.

Like most baseless suits, only the lawyers win.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:10 am

Maddog wrote:Are you surprised?  

You know that, and I know that. But there are a lot of Republicans out there that believe what Trump is telling them, and they think that the legal remedies have a chance to fly.

In this case, the lawyers don't even win. They are being threatened with Rule 11 sanctions (court imposed fines for filing sham pleadings), the claims are so meritless. The better law firms are declining to represent Trump.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:03 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:Are you surprised?  

You know that, and I know that.  But there are a lot of Republicans out there that believe what Trump is telling them, and they think that the legal remedies have a chance to fly.

In this case, the lawyers don't even win.  They are being threatened with Rule 11 sanctions (court imposed fines for filing sham pleadings), the claims are so meritless.  The better law firms are declining to represent Trump.

The lawyers are cashing in.

Like always.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:58 pm

"Necessity is the mother of invention."  It is a good time for lawyers.  Like the farmers who welcome rain, times of controversy enhance the opportunities for lawyers.

While the underlying question that Trump asks is frivolous, it will create a lot of spin-off issues that will need to be litigated.  Also, lawyers will also be needed to repair the Constitution and laws that Trump has damaged.  One glaring example is, should we do away with the electoral college?  Another question is, what to do about the Senate's use of the consent power to serve as a veto to government action.

So many issues...so little time.

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:"Necessity is the mother of invention."  It is a good time for lawyers.  Like the farmers who welcome rain, times of controversy enhance the opportunities for lawyers.

While the underlying question that Trump asks is a sham, it will create a lot of spin-off issues that will need to be litigated.  Also, lawyers will also be needed to repair the Constitution and laws that Trump has damaged.  One glaring example is, should we do away with the electoral college?  Another question is, what to do about the Senate's use of the consent power to serve as a veto to government action.

So many issues...so little time.

A few good car crashes don't hurt either.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:40 pm

Much like lawyers, the media do well off of Trump's antics and from car crashes. It's all a big look-at-me tantrum-ass shit-show pile of bullshit.

Sad that people I care about are all caught up in it. Sad that elected officials are asking Trump supporters whether they're willing to lay down their lives to see Trump remain in office. And sad that people who are just doing their jobs are getting horrific death threats, and that a few people probably will be killed by rabid Trump supporters.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:52 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Much like lawyers, the media do well off of Trump's antics and from car crashes. It's all a big look-at-me tantrum-ass shit-show pile of bullshit.

Sad that people I care about are all caught up in it. Sad that elected officials are asking Trump supporters whether they're willing to lay down their lives to see Trump remain in office. And sad that people who are just doing their jobs are getting horrific death threats, and that a few people probably will be killed by rabid Trump supporters.

I find it amazing that so many people hate democracy. Having no cause, they are totally willing to throw it out the window.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Much like lawyers, the media do well off of Trump's antics and from car crashes. It's all a big look-at-me tantrum-ass shit-show pile of bullshit.

I find it amazing that so many people hate democracy.  Having no cause, they are totally willing to throw it out the window.

I've seen this tendency from conservatives for a long time -- when I was in university, a perfectly nice, well-meaning Christian conservative girl told me she thought it would be awesome if someone could invent a machine that would make everyone a Christian conservative.

They're just not that into the idea that people should be allowed to be different from them. That's why they say they believe in principles but sell them out as soon as those principles don't serve their agenda. It's also why they're so afraid liberals are going to force them to be a certain way; I think they'd like to force everyone to be like them. And in places like Saudi Arabia and Utah, they do just that. It's transference -- assuming that your opposite has the same motives as you do.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:15 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I find it amazing that so many people hate democracy.  Having no cause, they are totally willing to throw it out the window.

I've seen this tendency from conservatives for a long time -- when I was in university, a perfectly nice, well-meaning Christian conservative girl told me she thought it would be awesome if someone could invent a machine that would make everyone a Christian conservative.

They're just not that into the idea that people should be allowed to be different from them. That's why they say they believe in principles but sell them out as soon as those principles don't serve their agenda. It's also why they're so afraid liberals are going to force them to be a certain way; I think they'd like to force everyone to be like them. And in places like Saudi Arabia and Utah, they do just that. It's transference -- assuming that your opposite has the same motives as you do.

Ben it's a huge irony that Trump's fanbase is largely the Christian Conservative  sector - he is neither Christian nor Conservative. He was previously quite dismissively scathing of Christians - called them a bunch of fuckwits or similar. Has he ever opened a bible or entered a church?-you're kidding!

Politically, he was firmly allied to the Dems and donated to their campaigns till just before 2008 then he changed tack.

That  buffoon has NO core values /core beliefs / loyalties / allegiances -zilch!

An empty vessel who is anchored to nothing. Instead he just twists & turns like a wind vane in a storm.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:17 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Come on. Both sides like to force their agenda down the throats of the other.

It's "we won and we are going to make you miserable" There are studies that actually prove that. People will support ideas that don't help anyone, but make their political opponents unhappy. It's all about "does this piss off the right people".

It would be far better if both sides could learn to live and let live. Fat chance of that happening any time soon.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:18 pm

JulesV wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Ben it's a huge irony that Trump's fanbase is largely the Christian Conservative  sector - he is neither Christian nor Conservative. He was previously quite dismissively scathing of Christians - called them a bunch of fuckwits or similar. Has he ever opened a bible or entered a church?-you're kidding!

Politically, he was firmly allied to the Dems and donated to their campaigns till just before 2008 then he changed tack.

That  buffoon has NO core values /core beliefs / loyalties / allegiances -zilch!

An empty vessel who is anchored to nothing. Instead he just twists & turns like a wind vane in a storm.

He gave to both sides and both sides gladly took his money.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:36 pm

This is where are now, and neither faction is innocent, regardless of how much their bias makes them think they are.

Trump is DENIED! George10
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:41 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

At the same time, Ben, conservatives have been changing.  There were radical, off-key elements of the Republicans in the past—say, J Edgar Hoover or Joseph McCarthy—but in the main they were Eisenhower or Earl Warren, and that was the Republican Party.  Something sent them spinning off course like a sliced golf ball.  I want to say Barry Goldwater, but I knew him personally, and he was calm and collected—the nicest guy you’d want to meet.  Nevertheless, it was about that time.

Anyway, the Republicans went psycho and it started with Nixon.  Of course, they joined with the nation in condemning that kind of behavior, but I think despite the criminal antics of Nixon Republicans resented the fact that they had to be told they were misbehaving.  Anyway, that’s were it was really apparent.

There’s something about the Republican game of tit-for-tat.  When they came back with Reagan, they felt entitled to break the rules…like: you got us with Nixon, now you owe us!  They collected with Iran/Contra.  And rule-breaking became their MO.  Of course, they went all out with GWB: lying to start wars; inviting sedition, torture, rape, rendition and murder, without conscience.

Trump has really got the tit-for-tat game down pat.  He invented playing the card before the game started, as with announcing he would lose and the election was rigged, in 2016.  He was projecting what his own move would be before the fact.  He did it again this time, and he lost.  (It’s almost too sophisticated a move for Trump, which is why I think Putin has been coaching him.)  Now he is playing the victim, which is how he walks backwards into benefit.  He introduces the game posing as the victim, and tries to cull the benefit out of his victim posture.

Now, you hear it as if it were common knowledge: they all do it.  Today, that is the Republican get out of jail card; they argue: both sides lie; both sides do trickery; both sides break the rules.  Only…Democrats don’t do it!  Republicans have convinced themselves that the other side does it, in order to justify their own lying, dirty tricks and rule-breaking.

Democrats get blind-sided with the false argument all the time—Hillary and Benghazi, or Hunter Biden—and there is absolutely no truth to it.  It’s all made up by Republicans, but they feel somehow it’s their tit-for-tat.  They are entitled to make shit up, because in the past they had to pay for their real crimes.  It’s a false equivalency: the Republican tit-for-tat argument has been twisted all out of reality.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:51 pm

Of course you knew Barry Goldwater.

Just like you worked out with Chuck Norris who lives in your building.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:12 pm

Maddog wrote:Of course you knew Barry Goldwater.  

Both true. But then, I live in more active places...not Texas.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:Of course you knew Barry Goldwater.  

Both true.  But then, I live in more active places...not Texas.

Except Chuck lives in Texas, not SF, liar.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:38 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Both true.  But then, I live in more active places...not Texas.

Chuck visits San Francisco on shoots, and I live in San Francisco, cuckee.

Trump is DENIED! 81ZV3bN5%2BML._SL1500_

He maintained a place on Sutter Street, in San Francisco.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

1974?

Two years ago you said he lived in your building and you worked out with him. That's when I had enough of your making up shit and started calling you Walter Mitty.

You continue to earn that title.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:05 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

1974?

Two years ago you said he lived in your building and you worked out with him. That's when I had enough of your making up shit and started calling you Walter Mitty.

You don't pay attention, lil man...like Trump, you have a problem with concentration and facts. Norris can't live in my building because it's an office building. He lives in an apartment building, not far off. You made up the rest.

However, what I said is we both belong to the same gym in the Embarcadero Center, a building in the Financial District. https://www.fitnesssf.com/location/sf-embarcadero

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:53 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

1974?

You don't pay attention, lil man...like Trump, you have a problem with concentration and facts.  Norris can't live in my building because it's an office building.  He lives in an apartment building, not far off.  You made up the rest.

However, what I said is we both belong to the same gym in the Embarcadero Center, a building in the Financial District.  https://www.fitnesssf.com/location/sf-embarcadero

https://www.varietytexas.org/2017-texans-of-the-year-gena-and-chuck-norris

You're full of shit.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:21 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You don't pay attention, lil man...like Trump, you have a problem with concentration and facts.  Norris can't live in my building because it's an office building.  He lives in an apartment building, not far off.  You made up the rest.

However, what I said is we both belong to the same gym in the Embarcadero Center, a building in the Financial District.  https://www.fitnesssf.com/location/sf-embarcadero

You're full of shit.

My, such anger and personal assault. Are you lost again?  It's not about me.  Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You're full of shit.

Anger?

I'm laughing at your pathetic attempts to be "somebody".

How's Chuck doing today? jocolor
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:00 pm

The Texas Attorney General has sued four states--Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Georgia--to reverse their certification of a Biden win in November's presidential election. The first impulse is to ask why Texas is meddling in another state's election affairs. Southerners are states’ rights advocates, no? https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/10/us/trump-election-lawsuit-states.html

The answer: Texas Republican Attorney General, Bill Paxton, is under federal indictment since 2015 on securities fraud charges relating to activities prior to taking office.

A presidential pardon looks mighty attractive to Paxton about now. Trump has demonstrated that those who have shown loyalty to him in the past--e.g., Michael Flynn and Roger Stone--can obtain pardons despite willing guilty pleas and jury verdicts of conviction. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_granted_executive_clemency_by_Donald_Trump

Trump appears to be in the business of shopping pardons in return for attempts to block the election of Biden. This desperate action includes the Texas attempt to block other states' elections, by disenfranchising voters of those states that have certified for Biden. Trump is so desperate he is using any means available, including carrots as well as switches.

Given the Court's summary disposition in the Pennsylvania case, this effort is highly likely to be unsuccessful. It is not only undemocratic, but unconstitutional in that it denies a Republican Form of Government to each state, guaranteed by the Constitution. But it shows in stark relief the lengths that Trump is willing to go to become a despot of the US.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:The Texas Attorney General has sued four states--Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Georgia--to reverse their certification of a Biden win in November's presidential election.  The first impulse is to ask why Texas is meddling in another state's election affairs.  Southerners are states’ rights advocates, no?  https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/10/us/trump-election-lawsuit-states.html

The answer: Texas Republican Attorney General, Bill Paxton, is under federal indictment since 2015 on securities fraud charges relating to activities prior to taking office.

A presidential pardon looks mighty attractive to Paxton about now.  Trump has demonstrated that those who have shown loyalty to him in the past--e.g., Michael Flynn and Roger Stone--can obtain pardons despite willing guilty pleas and jury verdicts of conviction.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_granted_executive_clemency_by_Donald_Trump

Trump appears to be in the business of shopping pardons in return for attempts to block the election of Biden.  This desperate action includes the Texas attempt to block other states' elections, by disenfranchising voters of those states that have certified for Biden.  Trump is so desperate he is using any means available, including carrots as well as switches.

Given the Court's summary disposition in the Pennsylvania case, this effort is highly likely to be unsuccessful.  It is not only undemocratic, but unconstitutional in that it denies a Republican Form of Government to each state, guaranteed by the Constitution.  But it shows in stark relief the lengths that Trump is willing to go to become a despot of the US.

Yeah, he's probably looking for a pardon.

I'm sure you know Ken well too. Does he work out with you and Chuck?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:07 am

The United States Supreme Court has rejecteded the aforementioned lawsuit by the Texas Republican Attorney General, to overturn the certified elections of Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Georgis.

The Supreme Court has declared that the State of Texas has neither interest, nor business in how other states conduct their elections, and thus lacks standing.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:09 pm

Trump is furious about the Supreme Court's complete rejection of the State of Texas' lawsuit against Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Georgia.  The Supreme Court did so for the reason that Texas lacks standing.  That means the suit cannot be revived—simply put, it is none of Texas' business how other states conduct their elections.  Even if Texas comes up with new evidence, or a different theory, it still lacks standing.

Trump has tweeted: "The Supreme Court really let us down. No Wisdom, No Courage!"  It seems Trump was counting on a power play: He appoints the Justices; they pay him back with decisions in his favor.  He just doesn’t get legal principle and how it works.  He thinks that law, like real estate sales, is simply transactional and that’s all there is to it.

The big question now is, will Texas AG Bill Paxton get his pardon?  With Trump, there's generally no prize for losers.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:Trump is furious about the Supreme Court's complete rejection of the State of Texas' lawsuit against Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Georgia.  The Supreme Court did so for the reason that Texas lacks standing.  That means the suit cannot be revived—simply put, it is none of Texas' business how other states conduct their elections.  Even if Texas comes up with new evidence, or a different theory, it still lacks standing.

Trump has tweeted: "The Supreme Court really let us down. No Wisdom, No Courage!"  It seems Trump was counting on a power play: He appoints the Justices; they pay him back with decisions in his favor.  He just doesn’t get legal principle and how it works.  He thinks that law, like real estate sales, is simply transactional and that’s all there is to it.

The big question now is, will Texas AG Bill Paxton get his pardon?  With Trump, there's generally no prize for losers.

Crazy how those Republican choices have loyalty to the constitution instead of the orange man, eh?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:17 pm

And Bill Paxton, a great Texan. Is dead.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:26 pm

Trump is DENIED! 20201210

Speaking of Bill, here he is on his dad's shoulders in Ft Worth, the morning JFK was shot.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:11 pm

Who’s Chuck?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:24 pm

Just taking a stab at it, but I think he's referring to Chuck Norris, the film martial artist and subject of many a joke on the Internet about how awesome he is. As in:

Chuck Norris doesn't spell correctly, he just back-kicks the dictionary until it agrees with him.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:31 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Just taking a stab at it, but I think he's referring to Chuck Norris, the film martial artist and subject of many a joke on the Internet about how awesome he is. As in:

Chuck Norris doesn't spell correctly, he just back-kicks the dictionary until it agrees with him.

Well I sort of guessed at that.... but why is Maddog asking Quill about Chuck Norris?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:34 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Just taking a stab at it, but I think he's referring to Chuck Norris, the film martial artist and subject of many a joke on the Internet about how awesome he is. As in:

Well I sort of guessed at that.... but why is Maddog asking Quill about Chuck Norris?

Because when Quill makes Maddog out to be a stereotypical black-hating Southern KKK-member redneck, Maddog retaliates by making Quill out to be a guy who is a legend in his own mind, the type of person who would claim Chuck Norris as a workout partner.

It's pretty boring, doesn't reflect well on either of them.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:01 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Because when Quill makes Maddog out to be a stereotypical black-hating Southern KKK-member redneck, Maddog retaliates by making Quill out to be a guy who is a legend in his own mind, the type of person who would claim Chuck Norris as a workout partner.

Oh okay. I guess petty insults go over my head.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:02 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Close. He doesnt have to insult me. I call out his bullshit all the time regardless. He makes up things which ruin threads.

There is very little conversation around here worth having anymore.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:04 am

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

Close. He doesnt have to insult me. I call out his bullshit all the time regardless. He makes up things which ruin threads.  

Oh there is conversation worth having! If you stick to your point and stop getting lost in petty arguments. Do you know that you can ignore petty insults, rise above them, and still make your point?
Come on. You’re smarter than that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:04 am

BTW, Quill did claim Chuck as workout partner and a neighbor.

Ben knows damn well (I would hope) that Chuck lives in Texas and isn't working out with Quill at the gym.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:06 am

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Oh there is conversation worth having! If you stick to your point and stop getting lost in petty arguments. Do you know that you can ignore petty insults, rise above them, and still make your point?
Come on. You’re smarter than that.

You talk to Quill about his work out partners. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:06 am

Maddog wrote:BTW, Quill did claim Chuck as workout partner and a neighbor.

Ben knows damn well (I would hope) that Chuck lives in Texas and isn't working out with Quill at the gym.  

Okay, perhaps you’re right. So what? Make your point and rise above it. Seriously Maddog. Is it worth biting?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:10 am

eddie wrote:

Okay, perhaps you’re right. So what? Make your point and rise above it. Seriously Maddog. Is it worth biting?

No perhaps about it. Same as he said he knew Barry Goldwater.

I simply react to what is posted around here. I have no ability to set the tone or steer this place.

That's the responsibility of others.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:13 am

When I was covering high school sports, two of Chuck's grandchildren were tearing it up on the soccer pitch in Colleyville, and he put a link to our story about that on his Facebook page -- the story ended up getting thousands of views.

That story isn't important, and means about as much in the grand scheme of things as the Quill-Maddog War of Childishness. I really just want to see one of you renew my personal faith in the ability of people to become wiser. That would be pretty neat, to me.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:15 am

Ben Reilly wrote:When I was covering high school sports, two of Chuck's grandchildren were tearing it up on the soccer pitch in Colleyville, and he put a link to our story about that on his Facebook page -- the story ended up getting thousands of views.

That story isn't important, and means about as much in the grand scheme of things as the Quill-Maddog War of Childishness. I really just want to see one of you renew my personal faith in the ability of people to become wiser. That would be pretty neat, to me.

Are you sure it wasnt in San Francisco?

Was Barry Goldwater at those games too.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:24 am

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

I simply react to what is posted around here.  I have no ability to set the tone or steer this place.  

I know you’re reacting? That’s not my point. To say you’re “reacting to a post” is meaningless because that’s not the point.
You have no ability to “set the tone or steer this place” - what does that statement even mean?

You’re making sentences that have nothing to do with my point dude.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:26 am

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:When I was covering high school sports, two of Chuck's grandchildren were tearing it up on the soccer pitch in Colleyville, and he put a link to our story about that on his Facebook page -- the story ended up getting thousands of views.

I don't lie, dude. https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/article183710756.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:42 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I don't lie, dude. https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/article183710756.html

I know you didnt.

That's Quills job around here.

Maybe we need a sarcasm font.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:44 am

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I simply react to what is posted around here.  I have no ability to set the tone or steer this place.  

I know you’re reacting? That’s not my point. To say you’re “reacting to a post” is meaningless because that’s not the point.
You have no ability to “set the tone or steer this place” - what does that statement even mean?

It means the people that are to set the tone, don't. The ones running the place.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:54 am

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It means the people that are to set the tone, don't.  The ones running the place.  

So are you saying you want more moderating around here? What is it that you want us to moderate? Quill saying he knows Chuck Norris?

Bit confused.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:53 am

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It means the people that are to set the tone, don't.  The ones running the place.  

So are you saying you want more moderating around here? What is it that you want us to moderate? Quill saying he knows Chuck Norris?

Bit confused.

I don't think moderation is needed. Maybe engagement.

If I say I'm a fighter pilot just back from a tour on the USS Enterprise, feel free to call me out.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next