NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gay couple denied right to marry...

2 posters

Go down

gay couple denied right to marry... Empty gay couple denied right to marry...

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:24 am

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/03/28/taiwan-court-rejects-gay-couples-bid-to-marry/

that's a shame..

Back to top Go down

gay couple denied right to marry... Empty Re: gay couple denied right to marry...

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:31 am

It is; but they will catch up eventually. These things tend to be one way. Vietnam, Hong Kong and Thailand are all in the early discussion stages of Same-Sex Unions. It takes one state in the region to legalize Same-Sex Unions for the rest to follow in due course, the benefit of globalization, the headlines 'First Asian state to legalize Same-Sex Partnerships' will see others not want to looking as though they are being left behind Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

gay couple denied right to marry... Empty Re: gay couple denied right to marry...

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:34 am

Eilzel wrote:It is; but they will catch up eventually. These things tend to be one way. Vietnam, Hong Kong and Thailand are all in the early discussion stages of Same-Sex Unions. It takes one state in the region to legalize Same-Sex Unions for the rest to follow in due course, the benefit of globalization, the headlines 'First Asian state to legalize Same-Sex Partnerships' will see others not want to looking as though they are being left behind Smile

i'm sure the will and perhaps by then the un will have talked the muslims in to not treating as punishable by death... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:36 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:
Eilzel wrote:It is; but they will catch up eventually. These things tend to be one way. Vietnam, Hong Kong and Thailand are all in the early discussion stages of Same-Sex Unions. It takes one state in the region to legalize Same-Sex Unions for the rest to follow in due course, the benefit of globalization, the headlines 'First Asian state to legalize Same-Sex Partnerships' will see others not want to looking as though they are being left behind Smile

i'm sure the will and perhaps by then the un will have talked the muslims in to not treating as punishable by death... Smile 

We can hope so- of course some Muslim countries, like Turkey, have already got past this- and although it probably wont go anywhere for a long time, Turkey has even had some limited debate of Same-Sex Unions!

Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:39 am

I should think muslim countries will do whatever they want - nobody dare force their hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:41 am

BigAndy9 wrote:

I should think muslim countries will do whatever they want - nobody dare force their hand.

there isn't much i admire about islam but the way they stick to their guns is one of them..

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:41 am

Godisgoodallthetime wrote:http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/03/28/taiwan-court-rejects-gay-couples-bid-to-marry/

that's a shame..

Yes it is. Still, they'll catch up one day  Smile 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:43 am

eddie wrote:
Godisgoodallthetime wrote:http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/03/28/taiwan-court-rejects-gay-couples-bid-to-marry/

that's a shame..

I agree and as i said one day the un will talk the muslims in to not treating homosexuality as a crime punishable by death... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:53 am

BigAndy9 wrote:

there isn't much i admire about islam but the way they stick to their guns is one of them..

I guess looking into history you would have admired the deep southerners in the USA who stuck to their guns and formed the Confederacy and started a civil war in order to protect their precious slavery- classy GIG  Wink[/quote]
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:54 am

eddie wrote:

I agree and as i said one day the un will talk the muslims in to not treating homosexuality as a crime punishable by death... Smile 

Let us hope so HF, I'm sure you'll pray for a miracle  cheers 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:30 pm

eddie wrote:

Let us hope so HF, I'm sure you'll pray for a miracle  cheers 

I'm always praying about something and this will be on my agenda, just behind making snow warmer and grass a slightly lighter green... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down