NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vegan Denied Passport for being a pain the bum

5 posters

Go down

Vegan Denied Passport for being a pain the bum  Empty Vegan Denied Passport for being a pain the bum

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:31 am

A WOMAN has been denied a Swiss passport because residents thought her animal rights campaigning and criticism of local traditions was “annoying”.

Nancy Holten, 42, was born in the Netherlands, moved to Switzerland when she was eight, and has two children who are Swiss citizens.

But her second attempt to obtain a Swiss passport of her own has been rejected by the residents committee in Gipf-Oberfrick in the canton of Aargau, who have a say in citizenship applications, according to The Local.

It reported Ms Holten, a vegan and animal rights campaigner, has gained an unfavourable reputation in the municipality due to her hard-line stance against the local use of cowbells, which she claims damages cows’ health.

Ms Holten has also campaigned against hunting and piglet racing, as well as complained about noise from church bells in town.

So when it came time for the residents to decide on whether Ms Holten should become a naturalised Swiss, they said no.

Swiss People’s Party local branch president Tanja Suter told Swiss media that Holten had a “big mouth”.

She said the committee didn’t want to give Ms Holten the “present” of Swiss citizenship “if she annoys us and doesn’t respect our traditions”.

Ms Holten, who speaks fluent Swiss-German, told The Local she thought she was rejected because she was “too strident and spoke my mind too often”.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/world-travel/europe/vegan-denied-passport-because-she-was-being-annoying/news-story/652c9f811598a3c86e8cae8fa7b37725
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Vegan Denied Passport for being a pain the bum  Empty Re: Vegan Denied Passport for being a pain the bum

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:39 am

cheers

SERVES HER RIGHT...

Those would-be wannabee small-time "Vegan" activists bring their troubles upon themselves; born with an undeserved and unearned sense of entitlement...

Worrying over the little things, but often don't give a toss about the major issues ==  don't worry about climate change, land clearing, deforestation, biodiversity losses, industrial pollution, habitat loss, human rights issues, worker and child_labour exploitation, forced homelessness..

Nope...
Don't sweat the big stuff;  let others worry about that..

Much more important that those poor cows be freed from those pesky cowbells.
I've yet to encounter a "Vegan" who isn't completely bonkers..           soapbox
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Vegan Denied Passport for being a pain the bum  Empty Re: Vegan Denied Passport for being a pain the bum

Post by Eilzel Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:45 am

I disagree Bee. While not even remotely considering veganism myself, I do have some good friends who are, and they fairly point out that concerns over climate change, deforestation and land clearing as well as human health are among their reasons for going vegan.

As to this woman; I think Switzerland goes too far with its democratising everything. People shouldn't a vote on passport applications- and someone expressing concerns, however forcefully, is not imo a reason to refuse someone citizenship.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:09 pm

I feel sorry for the cows. to have bells ringing in your ears for the rest of your life would be awful, talk about Tinnitus !!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Eilzel wrote:I disagree Bee. While not even remotely considering veganism myself, I do have some good friends who are, and they fairly point out that concerns over climate change, deforestation and land clearing as well as human health are among their reasons for going vegan.

As to this woman; I think Switzerland goes too far with its democratising everything. People shouldn't a vote on passport applications- and someone expressing concerns, however forcefully, is not imo a reason to refuse someone citizenship.

Absolutely agree with this post.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down