NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump has denied colluding with Russia hundreds of times. Now, his lawyer says "collusion is not a crime"

3 posters

Go down

Trump has denied colluding with Russia hundreds of times. Now, his lawyer says "collusion is not a crime" Empty Trump has denied colluding with Russia hundreds of times. Now, his lawyer says "collusion is not a crime"

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:57 pm

Failing Cheeto-Faced Ferret-Wearing Shit Gibbon's attorney, Rudolph Giuliani, asserted Monday that "collusion is not a crime," and declared that the president is "absolutely innocent."

"I have been sitting here looking in the federal code trying to find collusion as a crime," Giuliani said in an interview on Fox News Channel's "Fox & Friends." "Collusion is not a crime."

Trump has repeatedly denied there was collusion between his campaign and Russia during the 2016 U.S. presidential election. As recently as Sunday, the president took to Twitter to repeat the claim.

"There is No Collusion!" Trump wrote, referring to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russia's attack on the election.

I'd say something, but what more can be said?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/30/trump-lawyer-rudy-giuliani-collusion-is-not-a-crime.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Trump has denied colluding with Russia hundreds of times. Now, his lawyer says "collusion is not a crime" Empty Re: Trump has denied colluding with Russia hundreds of times. Now, his lawyer says "collusion is not a crime"

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:40 pm

CNBC wrote:"I have been sitting here looking in the federal code trying to find collusion as a crime," Giuliani said in an interview on Fox News Channel's "Fox & Friends." "Collusion is not a crime."

I'm sure by the time they get to a jury it will be called by it's proper term: conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Rudy is playing word games, substituting a synonym for the operative legal term. You go to law school to learn what's in the statutes. Tell him to look it up in Words and Phrases, published by West Law Publishing.

Ask him if I pull a "bank heist", can I get away with it because the term 'heist' is not in the federal criminal code?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Trump has denied colluding with Russia hundreds of times. Now, his lawyer says "collusion is not a crime" Empty Re: Trump has denied colluding with Russia hundreds of times. Now, his lawyer says "collusion is not a crime"

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:08 am

Original Quill wrote:
CNBC wrote:"I have been sitting here looking in the federal code trying to find collusion as a crime," Giuliani said in an interview on Fox News Channel's "Fox & Friends." "Collusion is not a crime."

I'm sure by the time they get to a jury it will be called by it's proper term: conspiracy to defraud the United States.

Rudy is playing word games, substituting a synonym for the operative legal term.  You go to law school to learn what's in the statutes.  Tell him to look it up in Words and Phrases, published by West Law Publishing.

Ask him if I pull a "bank heist", can I get away with it because the term 'heist' is not in the federal criminal code?

Yeah, we get that crap in the newsroom as well. You can't say someone's been murdered because murder is a criminal conviction (unless they've just been found guilty or not guilty). That sort of things. It's all nonsense.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:15 am

Maybe he did....(he probably did)....but when do politicians not collude with someone over something?

Let me know WHEN this trump monster is actually going to be hung, drawn and quartered.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:20 am

eddie wrote:Maybe he did....(he probably did)....but when do politicians not collude with someone over something?

Let me know WHEN this trump monster is actually going to be hung, drawn and quartered.  

Okay, so in the U.S., it's highly illegal to have another country's help winning an election. It goes back to the early days of our republic when we had tons of people immigrating and the founding fathers were worried that someone could be elected who would try to turn the U.S. into "New Germany" or "New Ireland" or somesuch.

So Trump has been adamant that he had no help from Russia winning this election, because if he did, he'd be considered a traitor to the United States under the law.

The problem is that his senior campaign staff met with an agent of the Russian government, in Trump Tower, before the election, to give Trump "dirt" on Hillary Clinton. He's always denied knowing anything about this meeting.

His longtime lawyer and advisor, Michael Cohen, recently had his office and home raided by the FBI. And Cohen also recently revealed that he kept recordings of most of Trump's significant meetings.

So it's looking like Cohen might have made a tape of this meeting before the election, and maybe, just maybe, Trump is either in it or it's mentioned that he knows about it.

So after all these claims that he did NOT collude with Russia, we might be in for a new story -- that yes, Trump did indeed collude with Russia to win the election, but that that wasn't a crime.

Except, of course, it was.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:56 am

eddie wrote:Maybe he did....(he probably did)....but when do politicians not collude with someone over something? 

When it's illegal.

Trump is planting the seeds of a defense, that the issue is collusion, and collusion is not illegal. Except, that is a semantic argument. It depends on words, not facts.

The fact is, Trump conspired with outsiders to defraud the US. That's a huge no-no.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down