NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

5 posters

Go down

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Empty HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:54 pm

A day to give thanks. In the US, it's turkey or ham, and sweet potatoes, green beans, apple/walnut & ciabatta stuffing, thyme gravy, cranberries and pumpkin pie.

Cold turkey breast sandwiches on sourdough bread at 8.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Empty Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Post by Syl Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:02 pm

have a great day y'all. I love you

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Oip_jf10
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:08 pm

Thanks. I'll be flying solo today thanks to the Rona. Daughter #2 will be bringing me food from her mothers feast. So I'll eat well, even if its alone.

Saturday I'm ending my exile. I really suck at this quarantine shit.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:42 pm

Have you got the corona Maddog?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:24 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Yup. Tested positive last Tuesday before this one. My sister has it as well as about a dozen people I know. So I'm on day 9 or 10.

My mother passed away last Monday before this Monday and she had tested positive. Doctors said she was asymptomatic. She was in the hospital for other reasons and wasnt given much time before the positive test.

I imagine that's how my sister and I caught it. We were wearing masks, but she wasn't. I imagine I touched my mom and then rubbed my face or something. I wasnt really thinking about catching it when I was visiting her because I had so many other things to deal with.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Maddog wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Yup. Tested positive last Tuesday before this one.  My sister has it as well as about a dozen people I know.  So I'm on day 9 or 10.  

My mother passed away last Monday before this Monday and she had tested positive.  Doctors said she was asymptomatic. She was in the hospital for other reasons and wasnt given much time before the positive test.  

I imagine that's how my sister and I caught it.  We were wearing masks, but she wasn't.  I imagine I touched my mom and then rubbed my face or something. I wasnt really thinking about catching it when I was visiting her because I had so many other things to deal with.  

That's a hell of a double whammy, man. Take care of yourself and stay strong.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:46 pm

Really sorry to hear about your loss Maddog, must be a real difficult time for you.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:57 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yup. Tested positive last Tuesday before this one.  My sister has it as well as about a dozen people I know.  So I'm on day 9 or 10.  

My mother passed away last Monday before this Monday and she had tested positive.  Doctors said she was asymptomatic. She was in the hospital for other reasons and wasnt given much time before the positive test.  

I imagine that's how my sister and I caught it.  We were wearing masks, but she wasn't.  I imagine I touched my mom and then rubbed my face or something. I wasnt really thinking about catching it when I was visiting her because I had so many other things to deal with.  

That's a hell of a double whammy, man. Take care of yourself and stay strong.

Thanks. I literally sat down after I got the call from the hospital and decided to have a beer and reflect.

It tasted like dirty water and I knew I had it. The test the next morning was just a formality.

Thankfully I have family and friends who have kept me well stocked and they keep checking on me. I can see Harris Methodist from my balcony and know some nurses that work there. They already said they got me if it comes to that, which thankfully it didnt.

The hospitals are full and I know probably a dozen people who have it or are just getting over it.

The vaccines start in about 2 weeks. They will be given to healthcare providers first, which will prevent people like my mom getting it and in turn me, my sister and her BF. Hopefully it starts tapping the brakes on this thing.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:08 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Really sorry to hear about your loss Maddog, must be a real difficult time for you.

It was, but we were already prepared based on what the doctor told me and what I saw visiting, prior to her covid diagnosis. It was her third trip to the hospital in about a month. We knew it was close to the end.

The toughest part was fighting with the doctor. Once she had a positive diagnosis all of the plans went to hell. You cant put a covid positive patient in a regular nursing home in Texas. The hospital wanted her out, and my sister and I wouldn't let them ship her to one of the places they wanted to. We wanted her in the hospital until she could go to a quality skilled nursing facility.

Thankfully I had a friend who works at that hospital go in and facetime with us after my mom was moved to a covid room. She even fed her some lunch. My mom wasnt communicating but she perked up when she heard our voices. I'll be eternally grateful to her. She did it on her spare time and had her own patients on a different floor of the hospital.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down