NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanksgiving

+2
Syl
Cass
6 posters

Go down

Thanksgiving  Empty Thanksgiving

Post by Cass Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:12 pm

Well it’s that time of year again. What are you thankful for?

For me:
Mr.C, the juniors (including new daughter in law) Family, friends and my 3 cats and the dog.

A very small pay raise yesterday and lots of praise from my director.

A job I love. A beautiful house. Great food to cook with. Having the means to have utilities. Clean air and safe water. Being able to feel safe. My health most of the time (yeah f*** off menopause).

Being able to clean my house. Reminds me that I’m lucky enough to have a cleaning lady but she is away this week hopefully having a fantastic southern vacation and hoping that she brings me back bacon fat.

The chance to go away tomorrow for a few days to see the juniors, have a nice couple of meals, the guys to play golf and me and the daughter in law are off to a Pompeii exhibit. And I don’t have to cook or clean up!

Books. Always books. Music. Loads of music.

Ben and the others who came before him in providing a place to come when I’m sick or bored or need to vent or just want to goof off, and to those I find online.

So many of my patrons and people around the world do not have even a fraction of what I have. I’m so very lucky and I always try to be thankful. I forget sometimes to be happy, but I try to be and do better every day.

May you all have a truly wonderful, safe and happy  Holiday season with your loved ones.
MWAH

Cass x
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving  Empty Re: Thanksgiving

Post by Syl Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:18 pm

A lovely feel good thread. cheers

Your list is so nice I am going to have to give mine some thought so I don't let the thread down. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:38 pm

I was all set to say I dread Thanksgiving...all the obligations and such. But reading your list made me happy for all the connections we have at this time of year. Gd for you, Cass.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:48 pm

I like Thanksgiving. Christmas is a PITA.

I have picked up two future son in laws (Send money please!!!!) and a beautiful girlfriend. I have a good job, good health and have more to be thankful for than most, and more than I have had in many years.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:54 pm

Have a wonderful day tomorrow Cass x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:57 pm

For y'all

Thanksgiving  Img_8327
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm

OK....I am thankful to have had a beautiful Mum, who even though she died in 2010 I still think of every day, and hope she would be happy with the way I am living my life.

I am thankful for my family, my home, my freedom, and the good fortune and good  health to enjoy life.

Like Cass, books and music.

I am thankful to have a few good friends to have interesting  conversations with, to share good times and bad, and maybe more importantly, to share laughter with.

I am thankful to have learned the basics of the internet, which has allowed me to interact with some really lovely people over the years.

Finally, happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends for tomorrow.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:01 am

Thanksgiving always sounds fun to me.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:31 am

HoratioTarr wrote:Thanksgiving always sounds fun to me.

It is. No hassle of present buying and I don’t do decorations so just cooking. And eating. Last year we went to visit son #2 at college and had Indian. This year we’re visiting son #1 and having Hawaiian/Asian fusion. Never had that before so should be interesting.

When I was growing up my dad worked for a tv camera company. He used to score tickets for the television stands at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade. It included free hot chocolate and doughnuts. We would then go by Rockefeller center to see the tree and go ice skating. During the holiday period we went to Radio City Music Hall to see the Rockettes or Lincoln Center for The Nutcracker. It was a wonderful time.

We’ve done Black Friday twice. It’s insane and crazy and never again.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:32 am

Syl wrote:OK....I am thankful to have had a beautiful Mum, who even though she died in 2010 I still think of every day, and hope she would be happy with the way I am living my life.

I am thankful for my family, my home, my freedom, and the good fortune and good  health to enjoy life.

Like Cass, books and music.

I am thankful to have a few good friends to have interesting  conversations with, to share good times and bad, and maybe more importantly, to share laughter with.

I am thankful to have learned the basics of the internet, which has allowed me to interact with some really lovely people over the years.

Finally, happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends for tomorrow.

A great list Syl x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:33 am

eddie wrote:Have a wonderful day tomorrow Cass x

Cheers lady. We will raise a glass as I said x

As to your other post, I’m ignoring it lol.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:35 am

Maddog wrote:I like Thanksgiving. Christmas is a PITA.

I have picked up two future son in laws (Send money please!!!!) and a beautiful girlfriend. I have a good job, good health and have more to be thankful for than most, and more than I have had in many years.  

PITA?

LOL. Good luck with the weddings.

Should be some good games tomorrow. Cheers!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:36 am

Original Quill wrote:I was all set to say I dread Thanksgiving...all the obligations and such.  But reading your list made me happy for all the connections we have at this time of year.  Gd for you, Cass.

I hope you have a happy day Quill. Go get some dim sum!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down