NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adidas’ Producing 11 Million Sneakers Made From Recycled Ocean Plastic

4 posters

Go down

Adidas’ Producing 11 Million Sneakers Made From Recycled Ocean Plastic Empty Adidas’ Producing 11 Million Sneakers Made From Recycled Ocean Plastic

Post by eddie Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Adidas’ Producing 11 Million Sneakers Made From Recycled Ocean Plastic A464b010

The bid was announced earlier this year, when the renowned sports brand expressed it would be working with environmental association Parley for the Oceans to capture plastic waste on beaches in spots like the Maldives prior to it reaching the sea. The retrain plastic waste is then crafted into a yarn, which is utilized to make the upper material of the sneakers. It’s not a fresh concept for Adidas, which generated more than five million pairs of kicks from reclaimed plastic last year. Though, for 2019 the brand aims to more than double its previous endeavors – working towards its broader goal to use 100% reused polyester in all footwear and apparel by 2024. Adidas has too signed the Climate Protection Charter for the Fashion Industry, meaning by 2030 it has agreed to shorten greenhouse gas emissions by 30%.

Adidas Executive Board member responsible for Global Brands, Eric Liedtke, explained: “With Adidas products made from recycled plastic, we offer our consumers real added value beyond the look, functionality and quality of the product, because every shoe is a small contribution to the preservation of our oceans. After one million pairs of shoes produced in 2017, five million in 2018, we plan to produce eleven million pairs of shoes containing recycled ocean plastic in 2019.”

https://socialnewsdaily.com/87044/adidas-making-11-million-shoes/

Great news! The cynic in me though, thinks they’ll probably cost more than most people make in a week.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Adidas’ Producing 11 Million Sneakers Made From Recycled Ocean Plastic Empty Re: Adidas’ Producing 11 Million Sneakers Made From Recycled Ocean Plastic

Post by Vintage Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:07 pm

My thoughts exactly Eddie.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Adidas’ Producing 11 Million Sneakers Made From Recycled Ocean Plastic Empty Re: Adidas’ Producing 11 Million Sneakers Made From Recycled Ocean Plastic

Post by eddie Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:18 pm

Vintage wrote:My thoughts exactly Eddie.

It will probably cost them a lot of money to source the plastic and make the shoes but I’m hoping that they don’t make too much profit otherwise....

Well, it’s a profit-making scheme wrapped up in “goodness”.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:22 am

eddie wrote:
Vintage wrote:My thoughts exactly Eddie.

It will probably cost them a lot of money to source the plastic and make the shoes but I’m hoping that they don’t make too much profit otherwise....

Well, it’s a profit-making scheme wrapped up in “goodness”.

Then is profit itself a bad thing? Or is it only a bad thing if someone's earning a profit off of something that's good?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:26 am

I know businesses need to make a profit but if they’re claiming to do “something good for the planet” then sell the product at a lower profit or actually, a minimal profit.

Just don’t claim “Look at us doing something great!” and sell me the product at an over-inflated rate.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:39 am

They're doing something great in removing the plastic from the ocean, if they sell it at a high rate I won't buy them, but hopefully enough rich people out there will buy enough for adidas to keep at it.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:49 pm

Eilzel wrote:They're doing something great in removing the plastic from the ocean, if they sell it at a high rate I won't buy them, but hopefully enough rich people out there will buy enough for adidas to keep at it.

Yes, I’m inclined to agree with you. I really like the idea in principle.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:53 pm

I'd think they'd try to sell them a bit higher than their typical mid-range offering, probably figuring the novelty would prompt people to pay an extra few pounds or dollars.

If they make them out like they're a collector's item or some shit, I think people are going to see through that, because the whole idea is to turn trash into a resource.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down