NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With Only About 20% of Plastics Being Recycled, New Breakthrough May Be ‘Holy Grail’ for Recycling

4 posters

Go down

With Only About 20% of Plastics Being Recycled, New Breakthrough May Be ‘Holy Grail’ for Recycling Empty With Only About 20% of Plastics Being Recycled, New Breakthrough May Be ‘Holy Grail’ for Recycling

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Plastic is great until you no longer need it. Because plastics contain various additives, like dyes, fillers, or flame retardants, very few plastics can be recycled without loss in performance or aesthetics.

Even the most recyclable plastic, PET – or poly(ethylene terephthalate) – is only recycled at a rate of 20 to 30%, with the rest typically going to incinerators or landfills, where the carbon-rich material takes centuries to decompose.

Now a team of researchers at the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) has designed a recyclable plastic that, like a Lego playset, can be disassembled into its constituent parts at the molecular level, and then reassembled into a different shape, texture, and color again and again without loss of performance or quality.

The new material, called poly(diketoenamine), or PDK, was reported in the journal Nature Chemistry.

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/plastic-breakthrough-may-be-holy-grail-for-recycling/

Back to top Go down

With Only About 20% of Plastics Being Recycled, New Breakthrough May Be ‘Holy Grail’ for Recycling Empty Re: With Only About 20% of Plastics Being Recycled, New Breakthrough May Be ‘Holy Grail’ for Recycling

Post by eddie Wed May 08, 2019 10:18 pm

Good news. I’m a big believer in recycling....a tad obsessive if I’m honest. Embarassed
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

With Only About 20% of Plastics Being Recycled, New Breakthrough May Be ‘Holy Grail’ for Recycling Empty Re: With Only About 20% of Plastics Being Recycled, New Breakthrough May Be ‘Holy Grail’ for Recycling

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2019 10:42 pm

eddie wrote:Good news. I’m a big believer in recycling....a tad obsessive if I’m honest. Embarassed

ive stopped recycling and making any kind of effort to save the planet

why should i?? its not mine and i dont own it, i was only born here and being born here doesnt give me ownership it belongs to all the universe.

i could have been born anywhere in the galaxy, but blind luck put me here but its not my planet and not my problem

With Only About 20% of Plastics Being Recycled, New Breakthrough May Be ‘Holy Grail’ for Recycling 2984306523 how you like dem apples??

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 08, 2019 10:48 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:Good news. I’m a big believer in recycling....a tad obsessive if I’m honest. Embarassed

why should i?? its not mine and i dont own it, i was only born here and being born here doesnt give me ownership it belongs to all the universe.

i could have been born anywhere in the galaxy, but blind luck put me here but its not my planet and not my problem

With Only About 20% of Plastics Being Recycled, New Breakthrough May Be ‘Holy Grail’ for Recycling 2984306523 how you like dem apples??

Those aren't apples, those are the twisted, poisonous fruit of a diseased mind and a bitter heart that got together and buttfucked one another.

You get zero points for your "effort" and should consider retiring from the right-wing commentary field, as I'm sure you've done great harm to your cause.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 08, 2019 10:48 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:

I love those apples! Just because something doesn’t belong to you doesn’t mean you can’t look after it, right? Like people. You don’t own them, but you look after them, right?

It was a rather weak point but I loved your apples nonetheless.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 08, 2019 10:52 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:

This is what the inside of your head looks like.

With Only About 20% of Plastics Being Recycled, New Breakthrough May Be ‘Holy Grail’ for Recycling Tenor

Sorry for the two replies; I had two good ideas and couldn't choose just one.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed May 08, 2019 11:02 pm

pffft...smelly has a point....

if the "greens" ever got a sniff of power I'd get rid asap of my woodland, despite the sadness that would cause, simply becasue IF they put in place their "open acess" ideas I would have every tom dick and harry allowed to tramp through , dump rubbish, shit, bring their dogs to shit, pull up my saplings and trample my coppice and STILL be expected , at MY expense to maintain it.....

fcuk off...thats MY bit of wood and visitors are on an approval only basis, I DONT want townies anywhere near it.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2019 2:53 am

Victorismyhero wrote:pffft...smelly has a point....

if the "greens" ever got a sniff of power I'd get rid asap of my woodland, despite the sadness that would cause, simply becasue IF they put in place their "open acess" ideas I would have every tom dick and harry allowed to tramp through , dump rubbish, shit, bring their dogs to shit, pull up my saplings and trample my coppice  and STILL be expected , at MY expense to maintain it.....

fcuk off...thats MY bit of wood and visitors are on an approval only basis, I DONT want townies anywhere near it.....

Whataboutism

This could help reduce the amount opf plastic polution

I imagine the people who created this, clearly are not wrappped up continually with politics, but the future of all life on this planet

This is a good idea, one practical, where i am sure, the very same people would look to preserve the untouched nature of your woods

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu May 09, 2019 6:41 am

smelly-bandit wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Now, just 'fess up, SmellyWastrel...

You have never been a recycler..

Nor have you ever given two hoots about saving the planet.

You're only out to have a good time -- if only for a short time -- what with all your trolling and triggering and troublemaking..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 09, 2019 10:38 am

if the "greens" ever got a sniff of power I'd get rid asap of my woodland, despite the sadness that would cause, simply becasue IF they put in place their "open acess" ideas I would have every tom dick and harry allowed to tramp through , dump rubbish, shit, bring their dogs to shit, pull up my saplings and trample my coppice  and STILL be expected , at MY expense to maintain it.....

Eddie and I weren't talking about private property when we made that point, though. we were talking about countries.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2019 6:16 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Those aren't apples, those are the twisted, poisonous fruit of a diseased mind and a bitter heart that got together and buttfucked one another.

You get zero points for your "effort" and should consider retiring from the right-wing commentary field, as I'm sure you've done great harm to your cause.

But it's not my planet

I was only born here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2019 6:18 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

This is what the inside of your head looks like.

With Only About 20% of Plastics Being Recycled, New Breakthrough May Be ‘Holy Grail’ for Recycling Tenor

Sorry for the two replies; I had two good ideas and couldn't choose just one.

Should have chosen none since both are shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2019 6:19 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Eddie and I weren't talking about private property when we made that point, though. we were talking about countries.

Countries

Planets

Homes

What's in a word

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2019 6:24 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

I love those apples! Just because something doesn’t belong to you doesn’t mean you can’t look after it, right? Like people. You don’t own them, but you look after them, right?

You're a goddamn fucking hippy

No I don't look after people, I fucking hate people, I'm fully embracing technology since it allows me to not have to deal with humans.

I don't even remember the last time I actually looked at someone

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 09, 2019 7:58 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

No I don't look after people, I fucking hate people, I'm fully embracing technology since it allows me to not have to deal with humans.

Ah you little softie. I don’t believe you. I know that you often drink with your brother because you told me so.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2019 8:13 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Ah you little softie. I don’t believe you. I know that you often drink with your brother because you told me so.    

Not only that, why did he join the Royal Marines?

Smell's lies always come back up to bite him very hard, when he makes poor claims

Not only that, why is he here, if he wants no contact with other humans

Just about the worst contradiction going by smelly, as he is having to deal with humans here

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 09, 2019 8:17 pm

phildidge wrote:
eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Smell's lies always come back up to bite him very hard, when he makes poor claims

Just about the worst contradiction going by smelly, as he is having to deal with humans here

I'll tell you what he's good at -- turning threads into discussions of smelly-bandit.

He's like the kid at school who'd throw a hissy fit and disrupt the classroom just to get everyone to look at him, another delicious hit from the crack pipe of attention.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2019 8:21 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
phildidge wrote:

I'll tell you what he's good at -- turning threads into discussions of smelly-bandit.

He's like the kid at school who'd throw a hissy fit and disrupt the classroom just to get everyone to look at him, another delicious hit from the crack pipe of attention.

100% agree

Its from the school of Milo Yiannopoulos

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri May 10, 2019 3:36 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:

Cool

Of course Smelly doesn't have to look at, mix with, or converse with real life people...

Locked away down there in his dear old mum's damp dank basement..

Trolling away on his trusty old Commodore 64 compootuh.

With Only About 20% of Plastics Being Recycled, New Breakthrough May Be ‘Holy Grail’ for Recycling 2086560741
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down