NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surprise! Citizens of the UK more convinced than the rest of Europe that immigration is a good thing

+7
nicko
Tommy Monk
'Wolfie
Syl
Vintage
eddie
Ben Reilly
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Surprise! Citizens of the UK more convinced than the rest of Europe that immigration is a good thing - Page 3 Empty Surprise! Citizens of the UK more convinced than the rest of Europe that immigration is a good thing

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 02, 2019 8:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

British people are more persuaded of the benefits of immigration than any other major European nation, according to a global survey, which has also found that almost half of Britons think immigrants are either positive or neutral for the country.

The YouGov–Cambridge Globalism survey found that 28% of Britons believed the benefits of immigration outweighed the costs, compared with 24% in Germany, 21% in France and 19% in Denmark. A further 20% of British people believed the costs and benefits were about equal, while 16% were not sure.

The findings contradict the assumption that Britain is more hostile to immigration than its European neighbours are. Britain was seen as taking a hardline and less compassionate response to the 2015 European migration crisis, while many argue concerns over immigration were the key driving force behind the Brexit vote.

But experts have detected a softening in attitudes towards immigration since that vote, which could in part be influenced by the prospect of the end of freedom of movement and the dramatic drop in net migration to the UK from EU countries, which in the last figures dropped to its lowest level since 2009.

In all, only 37% of Britons feel the costs of immigration outweigh the benefits – lower than in any other big European country apart from Poland. By comparison, 50% of Italians believe the net impact of immigration is negative, as well as 49% of Swedes and 42% of French and 40% of Germans.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/02/britons-more-sold-on-immigration-benefits-than-other-europeans

I've met many people here who say they support Brexit, then go to great lengths to explain it has nothing to do with hating foreigners. Have to admit, I was surprised at this poll as well.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Surprise! Citizens of the UK more convinced than the rest of Europe that immigration is a good thing - Page 3 Empty Re: Surprise! Citizens of the UK more convinced than the rest of Europe that immigration is a good thing

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 07, 2019 10:46 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Where did I ever say that I owned the whole of the UK...!?

I think you are getting confused...

One, I don't think anybody said you said you own the whole of the UK. But since you admit that you don't, will you admit that you have no right to tell people who are minding their own business whether they can move here?

If they are minding their own business in their own country, and aren't trying to come and live in my country, then that is nothing to do with me...

If they are wanting to come and live here in my country, or try to move into and live in any other country, then they are subject to the criteria and rules and regulations of the country that they are wanting to try to move in to... which are set out by the government of each country... and in a democracy, the govt is elected by the national people of the country, and have a duty to put the rights and safety and security of the national people first and foremost... and the govt have a duty to deliver the running of the country in the way that the vast majority of the people want it done...!

75% of UK people want immigration numbers drastically reduced!!!

And at no time in electoral history has there ever been a vote by the British people giving consent to the level of immigration that has been imposed on this country!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Surprise! Citizens of the UK more convinced than the rest of Europe that immigration is a good thing - Page 3 Empty Re: Surprise! Citizens of the UK more convinced than the rest of Europe that immigration is a good thing

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 07, 2019 10:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Where did I ever say that I owned the whole of the UK...!?

I think you are getting confused...

One, I don't think anybody said you said you own the whole of the UK. But since you admit that you don't, will you admit that you have no right to tell people who are minding their own business whether they can move here?

If they are minding their own business in their own country, and aren't trying to come and live in my country, then that is nothing to do with me...

If they are wanting to come and live here in my country, or try to move into and live in any other country, then they are subject to the criteria and rules and regulations of the country that they are wanting to try to move in to... which are set out by the government of each country... and in a democracy, the govt is elected by the national people of the country, and have a duty to put the rights and safety and security of the national people first and foremost... and the govt have a duty to deliver the running of the country in the way that the vast majority of the people want it done...!

And at no time in electoral history has there ever been a vote by the British people giving consent to the level of immigration that has been imposed on this country!!!

It's not fair to put basic human rights to a democratic vote, and I think freedom of movement is a basic human right.

You can't always fall back on democracy as though it's perfect -- people have voted for politicians who promise to keep people of different races from marrying, for just one of many examples.

A truly free society isn't charged with thinking up reasons to let people do something; it has to think up reasons NOT to let them do it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 07, 2019 10:54 pm

eddie wrote:For Tommy:

IMMIGRANTS!!!

Reposted for Tommy. Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2019 7:29 am

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

cant answer you

on a warning, must not dissent

Yeah the warning was for starting a thread about another member, not replying to a post. Don’t make wussy excuses. It’s a little beneath you, don’t you think?

Not sure how you can do wrong in a place that has whims instead of rules

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 08, 2019 7:48 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

It's not fair to put basic human rights to a democratic vote, and I think freedom of movement is a basic human right.

You can't always fall back on democracy as though it's perfect -- people have voted for politicians who promise to keep people of different races from marrying, for just one of many examples.

A truly free society isn't charged with thinking up reasons to let people do something; it has to think up reasons NOT to let them do it.

While the overwhelming vast majority of British people think you are wrong!!!

The tail does not wag the dog!!!

And Eddie... Russel brand is a complete bell end... I am not interested in polluting my ears with his verbal diarrhea!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 08, 2019 11:24 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

cant answer you

on a warning, must not dissent

Yeah the warning was for starting a thread about another member, not replying to a post. Don’t make wussy excuses. It’s a little beneath you, don’t you think?

Oh, I agree! Which is why we have rules and why you were shown them in the thread.

Not sure what your next silly response will be but I look forward to making you realise that your mommy told you off for a good reason.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2019 11:50 am

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Oh, I agree!  Which is why we have rules and why you were shown them in the thread.

Not sure what your next silly response will be but I look forward to making you realise that your mommy told you off for a good reason.  

Do you think I give two shits about Bens warning???

If I feel like Harassing didge, I'll do it.

In case you and Ben haven't realised by now I don't bend the knee or kiss the ring.

I get banned or basemented, that's what I do.

Should I do a poll to see how many posters think the mods enforce the rules fairly and evenly for everyone???

Wanna see what your fans really think??

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed May 08, 2019 12:14 pm

Freedom of movement is a basic right, sorry, it isn't !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2019 1:12 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:

Oh, I agree!  Which is why we have rules and why you were shown them in the thread.

In case you and Ben haven't realised by now I don't bend the knee or kiss the ring.

Should I do a poll to see how many posters think the mods enforce the rules fairly and evenly for everyone???

You can attempt to harass me me all you like

Your attempt to trigger me with the thread, nose dived

I only just have seen it and unsure how you think that would trigger me?

Nobody posted on this, bar Eddie and Ben

You then think an arbitrary poll would settle your temper tantrum here?

I suspect trhe majority think the Mods are fair and the reality is whether you respect te rules or not

If not, then you clearly will suffer the consequence and you will lose out yourself, for being childish

To be honest most of your posts, around 70% is not even debate. Just rants, extreme paranoia, constant whataboutism and the worst understanding of science going

What I find hilarious, is you constantly talk about me and shit your pants facing me in debate

Is that because I am able to constantly ridicule your lack of intellect?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 08, 2019 6:25 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

I'll start one myself! Good idea.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3