NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman who made 200 999 calls in two weeks because she was 'bored and didn't care about anyone else' delayed ambulance on its way to child suffering cardiac arrest

Go down

Woman who made 200 999 calls in two weeks because she was 'bored and didn't care about anyone else' delayed ambulance on its way to child suffering cardiac arrest Empty Woman who made 200 999 calls in two weeks because she was 'bored and didn't care about anyone else' delayed ambulance on its way to child suffering cardiac arrest

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:07 am

A woman who made hundreds of 999 calls because she was 'bored' and didn't 'give a s***' delayed emergency staff on route to treat a child having a heart attack.

Victoria Cross, 22, dialled 999 200 times between Christmas and New Year, telling call handlers she didn't care about anyone else and was going to 'keep ringing until 5am'.

One of her nuisance calls led to a one minute eight second delay for a child in cardiac arrest.

Staff were obliged to keep taking her calls on the off-chance she had an emergency.

When asked repeatedly what her emergency was, she replied: ‘I don’t need an ambulance, I’m ringing because I’m bored.’

She added: ‘I don’t care about anyone else. I only care about myself.’

When her number was blocked, Cross bought multiple sim cards for her mobile phone so she could continue to pester East Midlands Ambulance Service (EMA).

Cross, from Moira, Leicestershire, was ordered to pay £165 in fines and given a conditional discharge for 18 months at Leicester Magistrates' Court.

She was reported by EMA, who also took action against another time waster, Thomas Exhall.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6625077/Woman-200-999-calls-two-weeks-bored-didnt-care-else.html

Back to top Go down