NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dying woman told by DWP the mobility car she calls her ‘legs’ is being taken away

2 posters

Go down

Dying woman told by DWP the mobility car she calls her ‘legs’ is being taken away Empty Dying woman told by DWP the mobility car she calls her ‘legs’ is being taken away

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:28 pm

Marie Piles returned from her honeymoon to find a letter from DWP stating she is no longer entitled to the car

Dying woman told by DWP the mobility car she calls her ‘legs’ is being taken away Marie-piles
Marie Piles and her husband Sean on their wedding day

A terminally ill woman has been informed by the Department of Work and Pensions that the mobility car she relies on as her “legs” is being taken away, following an assessment at her home.

Marie Piles, 34, from Port Talbot, is unable to walk around the room without running out of breath and needs to carry up to four oxygen tanks with her whenever she leaves the house in case her oxygen levels drop, she told Wales Online. She will be left “housebound” if the car is taken, she said.

“I don’t feel safe on my own and I rely on the car for everything such as going back and forth to hospital appointments. Basically it’s my legs,” she said.

Ms Piles had previously suffered from Pulmonary Fibrosis and Polymyosis, leaving her reliant on oxygen tanks to be able to breathe and a mobility scooter to get around. In 2013 she had a lung transplant but was told in September last year her body is now rejecting the organ and further surgery is not an option.

Following the news, friends of Ms Piles and her partner Sean Piles, 30, helped to raise enough money to pay for their wedding and for a short honeymoon at a cottage in Cardigan.

The couple returned home to find a letter from the DWP stating Ms Piles would no longer be entitled to her mobility car following an assessment that had taken place at her home.

Mr Piles called taking away a mobility car from someone who is terminally ill a “disgrace”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/dying-woman-told-by-dwp-the-mobility-car-she-calls-her-legs-is-being-taken-away-a6929961.html

Completely and utterly disgraceful, there are NO excuses for this.  They are probably hoping she dies quickly

Back to top Go down

Dying woman told by DWP the mobility car she calls her ‘legs’ is being taken away Empty Re: Dying woman told by DWP the mobility car she calls her ‘legs’ is being taken away

Post by Syl Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:46 pm

Bastards. Stories like this one prove what an uncaring place GB is under the hands of this government.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dying woman told by DWP the mobility car she calls her ‘legs’ is being taken away Empty Re: Dying woman told by DWP the mobility car she calls her ‘legs’ is being taken away

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:48 pm

Truthful, I have never felt such complete despair about the atrocities, because that is what they are, committed by a UK government against UK people. 

I can't tell you what I'd like to do to these bastards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:39 pm

sassy wrote:Truthful, I have never felt such complete despair about the atrocities, because that is what they are, committed by a UK government against UK people. 

I can't tell you what I'd like to do to these bastards.

Did you read this today?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/top-torys-heartless-plan-put-7551536
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:43 pm

Putting pensioners to work picking fruit, yes I did.  Do you think it is possible for a whole government to be psychotic!   Nutty as fruitcakes, a sandwich short of a picnic, the lights are on but nobody is home, only worse and with a big dollop of evil!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:45 pm

sassy wrote:Putting pensioners to work picking fruit, yes I did.  Do you think it is possible for a whole government to be psychotic!   Nutty as fruitcakes, a sandwich short of a picnic, the lights are on but nobody is home, only worse and with a big dollop of evil!!

Do you want a ONE word answer? Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:51 pm

They only mean female pensioners surely. I've seen men doing potato picking, and they're rubbish at it. I don't suppose they're any better at fruit picking. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down