NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Student outrages his date by refusing to pay for her £100 meal while his cost SIX TIMES less at £16 - but do you think he was right not to get out his wallet?

+5
nicko
Andy
Original Quill
Syl
HoratioTarr
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Student outrages his date by refusing to pay for her £100 meal while his cost SIX TIMES less at £16 - but do you think he was right not to get out his wallet? Empty Student outrages his date by refusing to pay for her £100 meal while his cost SIX TIMES less at £16 - but do you think he was right not to get out his wallet?

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:02 pm

His dinner had come to just €17.50 while her lobster and wine was €110

In the thread shared on BoredPanda, titled 'Well... There goes the "friendship" with her' the man explains that his date's food bill had been more than six times more than his own and he felt he was justified in his decision not to pay.

Sharing screenshots of their conversation he reveals that he had attempted to ask her out on a second date.

She responded: 'After what you did to me last time you expect me to go out with you again? Wow.'

The baffled redditor then asks what he had done wrong to which she replies: 'You made me pay for my own food and drink while you paid for only yours wtf'.

The man then replies to explain that he felt it would be unfair for him to pay so much more for his meal when he had ordered far less.

He wrote: 'So? You invited me lol, you are lucky you didn't pay for my food too, plus I got a carbonara and a beer while you got lobster and €80 (£72, $92 US) wine.'

Student outrages his date by refusing to pay for her £100 meal while his cost SIX TIMES less at £16 - but do you think he was right not to get out his wallet? 8231086-6565477-image-a-10_1546877737374
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6565477/Student-receives-torrent-abuse-date-refused-pay-meal.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Student outrages his date by refusing to pay for her £100 meal while his cost SIX TIMES less at £16 - but do you think he was right not to get out his wallet? Empty Re: Student outrages his date by refusing to pay for her £100 meal while his cost SIX TIMES less at £16 - but do you think he was right not to get out his wallet?

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:02 pm

Cheeky cow. He did right.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Student outrages his date by refusing to pay for her £100 meal while his cost SIX TIMES less at £16 - but do you think he was right not to get out his wallet? Empty Re: Student outrages his date by refusing to pay for her £100 meal while his cost SIX TIMES less at £16 - but do you think he was right not to get out his wallet?

Post by Syl Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:33 am

The biggest shock is why he wanted a second date.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:30 am

She was taking him for a ride. Good on him.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:30 am

Syl wrote:The biggest shock is why he wanted a second date.

she couldn't have said anything at the time about being pissed off as he had no idea what she was talking about. she would have just paid her bill but not been happy about it

clearly these details should be agreed on beforehand

if i agreed to go for a meal with a guy it would be on a strictly you pay for yours and i'll pay for mine basis

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:47 am

The only thing that could have justified him paying for her meal is if he got a shag out of it. cheaper than visiting a brothel.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:48 am

Your mind is always below the Belt !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:13 am

Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:49 am

Andy wrote:The only thing that could have justified him paying for her meal is if he got a shag out of it. cheaper than visiting a brothel.

And it's exactly that sort of dangerous male attitude that has changed the way many women think when out on a date.

When I was young it was the norm for men to pay when they had asked a girl out on a date. If I was dating now I would definitely go 50/50.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:04 pm

If I was the guy the biggest reason I wouldn’t ask her out on a second date would be the fact that she was a fake.

I HATE it when people tell you “later on” how they feel.
Tell me at the Fucking time or I’m so not interested in your problem with me. Bore off.

Which goes back to my Total Honesty. If you speak from the heart you can never, ever go wrong.

And I hate lobster. It’s gross and there’s fuck all meat and tons of cracking stuff open.
She probably had fishy fingers.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:12 pm

scores of years ago when was I a teen, both I and my dates were always strapped for cash. We always went 50/50. And a few girls were as desperate for horizontal action as I was.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:20 pm

Below the belt again Andy Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:25 pm

When I was courting I could just about afford two Hot Dogs from the local Café.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:14 pm

I agree with Syl but who would order expensive food on a first date anyway. If on the rare times a bloke paid for my meal, going for a meal was pretty rare in it self, dates were usually the pictures, I would only order a reasonably priced item. I didn't want to put them out financially and I didn't want there to be any expectations either, so I normally went Dutch.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Andy wrote:The only thing that could have justified him paying for her meal is if he got a shag out of it. cheaper than visiting a brothel.

And it's exactly that sort of dangerous male attitude that has changed the way many women think when out on a date.

When I was young it was the norm for men to pay when they had asked a girl out on a date. If I was dating now I would definitely go 50/50.

I agree, 'sex-for-dinner' is the poison that has ruined dating lately. I'm quite sure Andy was making a parody of the practice.

But that was the one protocol that made sense. Now, it's almost an insult to ask a woman out. Yet, women are not very accomplished at asking, themselves. They try to engineer circumstances where meeting looks like chance.

Well, I'm outta the game so I just stand back and watch.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:30 pm

Syl wrote:

Is it the male attitude or the woman's attitude here?

It was the norm before, because many women in your time were not working or earning far less than men

Hence back then when it was a sexist society, men believed they should pay and women expected them to pay.

So why would it be wrong to justify sex, when she is acting like a prostitute expecting her time be paid for?

Do you not see the double standard?

Hence Andy was right to call out the hypocrisy here

The dangeroeus attitude starts with the women, when she claims her time cost money

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:49 pm

That's not justified at all. That's just sexist and treating the woman like a prostitute.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:50 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

That's not justified at all.  That's just sexist and treating the woman like a prostitute.

But she is acting like a prostitute, expecting her time to be paid for and nobody said it was justified.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:53 pm

Syl wrote:

Even years ago I would not have ordered the most expensive food and wine if the man offered to pay for the meal. It's not fair and it's undignified and cheap behaviour.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:54 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

Even years ago I would not have ordered the most expensive food and wine if the man offered to pay for the meal.  It's not fair and it's undignified and cheap behaviour.

So if its cheap behaviour, is that person not acting like a prostitute, expecting the night to be paid for?

Of course its not fair and its not how anyone would act when out with any of their friends.

The moment a person expects their time to be paid for, then they are acting like a prostitute

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:55 pm

Thor wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

That's not justified at all.  That's just sexist and treating the woman like a prostitute.

But she is acting like a prostitute, expecting her time to be paid for and nobody said it was justified.

Andy said the only thing that would have justified the guy paying was a shag. I disagree. He did the right thing by not paying. He kept his dignity and showed vastly more respect for himself than a guy who thinks paying would get him his leg over.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:56 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thor wrote:

Andy said the only thing that would have justified the guy paying was a shag.  I disagree.  He did the right thing by not paying.  He kept his dignity and showed vastly more respect for himself than a guy who thinks paying would get him his leg over.

But what would be wrong, if she demanded he pay, also then to expect sex in return?

She is asking him to pay for her time, exactly what a prostitute does.

Of course he kept his dignity, but what everyone is missing is that she expected him to pay for the time they had together

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:02 pm

Thor wrote:
Syl wrote:

It was the norm before, because many women in your time were not working or earning far less than men

Hence back then when it was a sexist society, men believed they should pay and women expected them to pay.

So why would it be wrong to justify sex, when she is acting like a prostitute expecting her time be paid for?

The dangeroeus attitude starts with the women, when she claims her time cost money

I met my husband 11 years ago on a dating site. He paid for meals out all the time at his insistence, because that's the way he is. Not once did he expect sex out of it as payment and not once did I not offer to pay for either myself or both of us on an equal footing. He opens doors for me. He won't let me walk out alone at night. The other night I was round at my friend's house, and it got dark, so he walked round to collect me so I wouldn't have to walk home in the dark. He's what you call a true gentleman.

There's nothing wrong with the man paying for the meal if that's what he wants, and it makes him feel good. That doesn't make him a fool, and it doesn't make the woman a prostitute.

In the OP instance, the woman took advantage.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:04 pm

Thor wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Andy said the only thing that would have justified the guy paying was a shag.  I disagree.  He did the right thing by not paying.  He kept his dignity and showed vastly more respect for himself than a guy who thinks paying would get him his leg over.

But what would be wrong, if she demanded he pay, also then to expect sex in return?

Of course he kept his dignity, but what everyone is missing is that she expected him to pay for the time they had together

She's out of order.   She's in the wrong.   But that doesn't make her a prostitute.  It just makes her an idiot.   Not once in that story does she  say he has to pay if he wants sex.  She just wanted a freebie.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:07 pm

Thor wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Even years ago I would not have ordered the most expensive food and wine if the man offered to pay for the meal.  It's not fair and it's undignified and cheap behaviour.

So if its cheap behaviour, is that person not acting like a prostitute, expecting the night to be paid for?

Of course its not fair and its not how anyone would act when out with any of their friends.

The moment a person expects their time to be paid for, then they are acting like a prostitute

The other pattern I'm seeing here with your comments is the general disdain and disrespect for women in general. You immediately assume that because a woman expects a man to pay for the meal, she's a cheap whore. No. She's an idiot. Not a prostitute.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:07 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thor wrote:

I met my husband 11 years ago on a dating site.    He paid for meals out all the time at his insistence, because that's the way he is.   Not once did he expect sex out of it as payment and not once did I not offer to pay for either myself or both of us on an equal footing.   He opens doors for me.  He won't let me walk out alone at night.     The other night I was round at my friend's house, and it got dark, so he walked round to collect me so I wouldn't have to walk home in the dark.    He's what you call a true gentleman.  

There's nothing wrong with the man paying for the meal if that's what he wants, and it makes him feel good.   That doesn't make him a fool, and it doesn't make the woman a prostitute.  

In the OP instance, the woman took advantage.  

1) That is fine that he offered, which is the point that he offered to. That is not the point being made here is it Horatio

So going off when men are being gentleman is not the point being addressed here is it?

The girl in question expected her meal to be paid for.

2) So is that not acting like a prostitute, as why should the man have to pay?

Again you would not expect this off any friend would you.

Thus if a woman expected a man to pay, what then would be wrong to then expect sex?

My friend years ago in Cambodia, was with this stunning Cambodian lady. She cost $10 for the night. Two Americaqn girls were disgusted that were at the table with us. So he stated to them, would you expect him to pay for taking them out to dinner.

They both said yes.

He then said, would you then have sex with me for doing so?

They said no?

He stated, you are angry at me paying someone sex for $10 and you expect me to pay in excess of $60 taking you out to dinner for nothing in return.

He asked what is the difference between you and the lady I am with?

Nothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:10 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thor wrote:

The other pattern I'm seeing here with your comments is  the general disdain and disrespect for women in general.    You immediately assume that  because a woman expects a man to pay for the meal, she's a cheap whore.   No.  She's an idiot.  Not a prostitute.

Why do I have distain for women, claiming that a woman that expects a man to pay, is acting like a prostitute?

My views would be the exact same if a man expected a woman to pay

I never said she is a cheap whore, as that would imply, they wanted sex.

I never did, your words, not mine. The point is someone expecting to be paid for their time, no matter male or female, is acting like they should be paid for their time and thus it is a buisness transaction

So stop with the poor crap I have distain for women. I have distain for men and women who expect others to pay for their time

Last edited by Thor on Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:12 pm

I'll tell you another thing. Am I impressed when a man offers to pay for that first meal out? If he is genuine and doing it to treat me and be honourable, yes. I find it touching. It's a very old fashioned thing these days but there are men out there who still do this without expecting sex, or thinking the woman is a whore.

These days most couples just go Dutch. Nothing wrong with that either.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:14 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:I'll tell you another thing.   Am I impressed when a man offers to pay for that first meal out?  If he is genuine and doing it to treat me and be honourable, yes.  I find it touching.    It's a very old fashioned thing these days  but there are men out there who still do this without expecting sex, or thinking the woman is a whore.  

These days most couples just go Dutch.  Nothing wrong with that either.

I often offer myself to pay for the meal, even with my male mates as well as on dates with women. As I earn good money but again you seem to struggle with the point here

Its not about people offering to pay, its about someone expecting the other to pay

Do you understand that?

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:14 pm

Thor wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

The other pattern I'm seeing here with your comments is  the general disdain and disrespect for women in general.    You immediately assume that  because a woman expects a man to pay for the meal, she's a cheap whore.   No.  She's an idiot.  Not a prostitute.

Why do I have distain for women, claiming that a woman that expects a man to pay, is acting like a prostitute?

I never did, your words, not mine. The point is someone expecting to be paid for their time, no matter male or female, is acting like they should be paid for their time and thus it is a buisness transaction

So stop with the poor crap I have distain for women. I have distain for men and women who expect others to pay for their time

Did you buy that woman you shagged on the bus her dinner? Not even a Big Mac? For shame!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:15 pm

Thor wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:I'll tell you another thing.   Am I impressed when a man offers to pay for that first meal out?  If he is genuine and doing it to treat me and be honourable, yes.  I find it touching.    It's a very old fashioned thing these days  but there are men out there who still do this without expecting sex, or thinking the woman is a whore.  

These days most couples just go Dutch.  Nothing wrong with that either.

I often offer myself to pay for the meal, even with my male mates as well as on dates with women. As I earn good money but again you seem to struggle with the point here

Its not about people offering to pay, its about someone expecting the other to pay

Do you understand that?

I'm glad the penny has finally dropped.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:16 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thor wrote:

Did you buy  that woman you shagged on the bus her dinner?  Not even a Big Mac?  For shame!

Yeah i did actually pay for her night out

Why do you always have to act with a poor tantrum and emotive, just because what i am saying is true?

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:16 pm

Right, I'm off out for a meal.

Laters. fiesta
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:17 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thor wrote:

Do you understand that?

I'm glad the penny has finally dropped

So you agree that men or women expecting others to pay for them are acting like prostitutes then?

Never claimed otherwise on people offering to pay

This person that you posted about expected the male to pay

Doh

So you surely agree she has the mentality of a prostitute?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:34 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thor wrote:

She's out of order.   She's in the wrong.   But that doesn't make her a prostitute.  It just makes her an idiot.   Not once in that story does she  say he has to pay if he wants sex.  She just wanted a freebie.

Of course it does, as how many people or buinesses require someone to pay for their time for free?

At least he did not want a freebie and it still would have cost him to even have sex with her, as she expected to have her meal paid for

I suggest you watch the video I posted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:41 pm

skip to the end.....from 24 minutes in,,,,,,top dating advice for when you first meet someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dJTosLvmHg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:44 pm

gelico wrote:skip to the end.....from 24 minutes in,,,,,,top dating advice for when you first meet someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dJTosLvmHg

+1

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:12 pm

Of course she didn't behave like a prostitute, and Andy and Thor are out of order for what they're saying.

The woman sounds awful though - she invited him out and then expected him to pay for her expensive meal.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Of course she didn't behave like a prostitute, and Andy and Thor are out of order for what they're saying.

The woman sounds awful though - she invited him out and then expected him to pay for her expensive meal.

Why is that out of order?

because you say so?

How many people expect their friends to pay for their time?

Tell me, who else expects their meal to be paid for when out?

That makes anyone expect their time to be paid for, no matter male or female like a prostitute

If you think that makes her sound awful, what is the difference?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:20 pm

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Of course she didn't behave like a prostitute, and Andy and Thor are out of order for what they're saying.

because you say so?

That makes anyone expect their time to be paid for, no matter male or female like a prostitute

Prostitutes aren't paid for their time, they're paid for sex. If the man doesn't want sex, or can't do it, then the prostitute will probably charge him for her time because she could have been having sex with someone else and got paid for that.

Do you think that all women who accept a drink off a man are all prostitutes?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

because you say so?

Prostitutes aren't paid for their time, they're paid for sex. If the man doesn't want sex, or can't do it, then the prostitute will probably charge him for her time because she could have been having sex with someone else and got paid for that.

Which is paying for their time, just like escorts are.

You just said if they cannot have sex, you then claim they will not pay for their time.

Can you name any prostitutes that do this?

Of course not, hence their time cost money

Why would I think any woman is a prostitute for accepting a drink off a man?

I would expect any man or woman expecting a man to pay for their drink, to have the mentality of a prostitute and escort

Now answer my questions you avoided

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:27 pm

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You just said if they cannot have sex, you then claim they will not pay for their time.

I would expect any man or woman expecting a man to pay for their drink, to have the mentality of a prostitute and escort

I didn't say that if they don't have sex the prostitute won't charge for her time, and I clearly explained why. The fact is - they're being paid to have sex, not for their time.

If a man asks if I want a drink, I would expect him to pay for it but that doesn't make me a prostitue. If I ask my mate if she wants to go to the pub, I would expect to buy her a drink.

When you have a job, you're not just being paid for your time are you? You don't sit there all day doing nothing. Well you might, but most people don't.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

I didn't say that if they don't have sex the prostitute won't charge for her time, and I clearly explained why. The fact is - they're being paid to have sex, not for their time.

If a man asks if I want a drink, I would expect him to pay for it but that doesn't make me a prostitue. If I ask  my mate if she wants to go to the pub, I would expect to buy her a drink.

When you have a job, you're not just being paid for your time are you? You don't sit there all day doing nothing. Well you might, but most people don't.

1) So like here, she expect to have her time paid for, hence what is the difference? Which means they are being paid for their time, whether they have sex or not, correct?

2) He has akes you if you want a drink, no problem, as he asked if you did. If you expect a man to buy your drinks, just to talk to you, that would make you a prostitute

3) Well ask some escorts who do get paid for simple being there

You failed to answer my points again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:36 pm

Okay lets dumb this down for some people

Why do the vast majority of people go on dates?

Is it because they want to look for a relationship, even marriage, that will end up as a loving sexual relationship?

Yes or no?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:41 pm

Thor wrote:Okay lets dumb this down for some people

Is it because they want to look for a relationship, even marriage, that will end up as a loving sexual relationship?

Yes or no?

I mostly avoided dates because you'd have to think about why? Almost any answer involves wanting something. How 'bout not wanting anything, but just hanging out?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:41 pm

It's interesting the way attitudes have changed over time...including mine.
It's nice if a man can afford to offer to pay for a meal out, it's nice if in return the female offers to cook a meal for her date in return....it's all give and take if you like someone enough to date them.

Even back in the 70's I  would never have expected a date to pay for my meal out if he was skint or earned less than me, that was never the case though.

But likening a woman to a prostitute just because she expects the man to pay is ridiculous, she just hasn't moved with the times. Its showing less respect for the opposite sex as the grabbing woman did in the OP.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thor wrote:Okay lets dumb this down for some people

Yes or no?

I mostly avoided dates because you'd have to think about why?  Almost any answer involves wanting something.  How 'bout not wanting anything, but just hanging out?

Very true and I agree Quill

Any date is preceded by a view of wanting something more

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:47 pm

Syl wrote:

But likening a woman to a prostitute just because she expects the man to pay is ridiculous, she just hasn't moved with the times. Its showing less respect for the opposite sex as the grabbing woman did in the OP.

How is it ridiculous?

As again how often have you ever expected a mate to pay for you?

My views are the same towards men and women on this

Its nothing short of prostitution for someone to expect someone else pay for them

As then that friendship or relationship has a monetary value to this

Do you understand this?

What you fail to grasp is that this stems from is where men thought they could basically sell their daughters, which still happens today

Hence anyone applying this view, is adopting the mentality of a by-gone age,.where it was expected of men to pay for their time with women

So its me actually fighting against sexism, where as some of you wish to relive this, by dfending such a notion on monetary value

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:00 pm

Thor wrote:
Syl wrote:

How is it ridiculous?

As again how often have you ever expected a mate to pay for you?

My views are the same towards men and women on this

Its nothing short of prostitution for someone to expect someone else pay for them

As then that friendship or relationship has a monetary value to this

Do you understand this?

What you fail to grasp is that this stems from is where men thought they could basically sell their daughters, which still happens today

Hence anyone applying this view, is adopting the mentality of a by-gone age,.where it was expected of men to pay for their time with women

So its me actually fighting against sexism, where as some of you wish to relive this, by dfending such a notion on monetary value

If a man now thinks he is entitled to sex because he has paid for dinner....that just shows how little respect that man has for women in general.
If the woman expects the man to pay for everything she probably just wants a free meal out.

Viva la difference. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next