NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mum Outrages Parents With Photo Of Toddler’s ‘Piercing’ To Campaign Against Child Circumcision

Go down

Mum Outrages Parents With Photo Of Toddler’s ‘Piercing’ To Campaign Against Child Circumcision Empty Mum Outrages Parents With Photo Of Toddler’s ‘Piercing’ To Campaign Against Child Circumcision

Post by Guest Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:03 am

A mum sparked outrage online when she shared a photo of her daughter with a dimple “piercing”.
Enedina Vance, from Ohio, US, posted the photo on 28 June with the caption: “So I got the baby girl’s dimple pierced.
“It looks so cute, right? I just know she’s gonna love it. She’ll thank me when she’s older lol. If she decides she doesn’t like it, she can just take it out, no big deal.
“I’m the parent, she is my child, I will do whatever I want.”
The photo was shared more than 12,000 times and the majority of people who believed the piercing was real were shocked.
“This is disturbing at hell,” one person wrote. “Each to their own.”
Another wrote: “No this is not right, not on her face.”
But people soon caught on that Vance’s post was sarcastic, and was intended to shock parents and start a conversation about how some parents alter their children’s bodies, including through circumcision.
She told IBT Times she has been campaigning against child circumcision ever since she was asked, when pregnant with her first child in 1998, if she would want her son’s foreskin removed by a doctor. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mum-photo-piercing-baby_uk_595b61dee4b05c37bb7ffc20

Back to top Go down